Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » KE Corolla dedicated thread.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 05 June 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah thats cool guys everything has been fixed. Took me about an hour... PLus when i took the light out and the surround the damage was a lot worse Sad but nothing as hammer couldn't fix Very Happy .. So i sprayed it up with primer and put it back together and she's fine. I'll take another pic tomorrow to show my panel beating job... The only problem is the reflector on the side and light surround is pretty well gone. But i am quite happy with the result, it could of been a lot worse!!!
Nah James the conversion is set for the 25th..No excuses this time!!
Michael
  Send a private message to this user    
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 05 June 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey were the photos of the 20 and 25 taken near Rooty Hill ????

Are the tail light surrounds the same on a 20??? If so I think I can help you with 1 and a refector if you need one
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 05 June 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got the surround for a '25 but i don't have the reflector. You'll just have to paint it cause its silver in colour.
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 05 June 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Photo's were takin in Homebush...
towe_001 PM'd you... The lights aren't exactly the same, they are a bit different. The ke25 reflectors are a straight rectangle but the 20 ones are slanted rectangles... (If that makes any sense). I got ke20 reflectors here but they don't fit.
I'll take a pic tomorrow to show you.
Cheers
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 07 June 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much money have people poured into there Kexx corollas? Just curious, i have so far put about $400 just maintaining it for it to be daily driven.... But for the conversion i have spent about $3000 on parts. Probably another $2k to go before she is fully done, engineered etc.
Anyone else?
Michael
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 07 June 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Car - $1250
New Diff - $80
Air Filter - $10
Fuel Filter - $5
Brake Fluid - $7
Extractors - $40
Engine Mounts - $200
Paint - $100
Spray Gun - $55 (Bday presnt but still counts)

So Far total is $2237

but itll be getting ALOT bigger soon
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 07 June 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So far I have spent $2125.00. This includes buying the car. I have pretty much everything I need so I shouldn't have to spend too much more.

I'll hopefully have the 4age sitting in the engine bay this weekend Very Happy .
Spode
Regular

June 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 07 June 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Name:
Tom

KE Rolla:
1979 coupe

Engine:
Standard 4K

Mods:
Steering wheel
Celica rims

Planned Mods:
Lowered 2"
celica Ta22 struts and sway bar
lowered rear shocks
Respray
KE30 bumpers
4age (100kw)
T-50 gearbox
extractors, 2.25 exhaust
cold air intake + pod
oil cooler
thermo fan
the usal gauges
some sort of better seats prob later model corolla
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 07 June 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BradW wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 20:29

So far I have spent $2125.00. This includes buying the car. I have pretty much everything I need so I shouldn't have to spend too much more.

I'll hopefully have the 4age sitting in the engine bay this weekend Very Happy .

YOUR Lucky!!! I've been planning mine for months yet it is still not in Crying or Very Sad!!!

Nice car Tom, seems to be a few nice rollas down in Tas,
Cheers
Michael
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 07 June 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

How much money have people poured into there Kexx corollas?

i dont want to think about it... Confused

a lot
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 08 June 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, James i would hate to think how much you have poured in. I am cut about how much i have spent, but mine is probably nothing compared to your Laughing ... BTW is your car engineered?
Michael
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 08 June 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I haven't spent alot on our KE yet, but once I think about converting to 4AGE, I am sure I will be asking the bank for money!!!

Question is though, would you rather spend the money on the "old school" car and do something special, or do what everyone else does and go get an S14 Silvia, R32/33, etc. Nothin against those cars as they are nice cars, but I'd rather pour the money into our KE20!

Be Different Cool
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 08 June 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

BTW is your car engineered?

yeah it is has been engineered, but i should do it again..
Rolling Eyes

for now the certificate on the rta/police records is enough to deter police from doing a full search.

yes i know that police will still defect you even if your car is engineered but i have been pulled over in the past, waited while they checked my plates and stuff then they come over and tell me to have a nice day or go home Very Happy .
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 08 June 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah true i guess i would rather put it into something like a 20/25...

What has it been engineered for? Do you remember how much it cost??
Cheers
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 08 June 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another quick question. has anyone had there rollas guards rolled??? Where to get it done? Price? I am asking cause when i put my diff in i will have to get a certain offset wheels so they don't scrub, but if i could get them rolled then i could run my globes on the back.
Cheers
Michael
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 08 June 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummm been engineered as it was,

4agze, t50, diff, standard ecu, 2.5" exhaust, 15" wheels, brakes..

yeah the usual.

about the price, my mate just talked to an engineere recently and he said $100 first time to check everything and tell what needs to be done. then come back and $500 to be engineered.

i have my guards rolled, you can get it done at wheel places, just call places and ask if they do it and how much to get it done
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 08 June 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i was gonna go talk to the engineer today, but there wasn't not enough car parking so i just kept drivng Rolling Eyes ...
Do you have a catalytic converter James?
I'll call a few places tomorrow. I heard Tempe tyres does it but i don't know how trust worthy they would be,
Cheers
Michael
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 08 June 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep i gots a cat!!!

and yeah tempe do it but i dont realy trust em either.
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 08 June 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What have you done with brakes, James?
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 08 June 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on front i got,

slotted ventilated disks, twin pot calipers, they work really well!

on the rear i got bigger drums off a celica. unknown?

im considering chagin the rears to disk brakes. like an upgrade from an r31 skyline.. i gotta research it but.

the dba slotted replacement disks look good.

[Updated on: Wed, 08 June 2005 21:04]

ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 08 June 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt do the brakes upgrade, thats just what i see.

what im thinking i have is

rt132 struts
the disks are ventilated and slotted?!? pug??
and twin pot calipers

BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 08 June 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Megz wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 21:14

BradW wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 20:29

YOUR Lucky!!! I've been planning mine for months yet it is still not in Crying or Very Sad!!!

Nice car Tom, seems to be a few nice rollas down in Tas,
Cheers
Michael

I don't know about lucky.
I've had the car for over 12 months and have been collecting parts for longer. It also probably wont be finished for a couple of years Sad .
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 08 June 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont want to add up what mine has cost Laughing
turboii
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 08 June 2005 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gday guys. I recently got a KE20 race car.

See my topic

"New guy on the black top"

Will post pics soon.
1ZZFEWagon
Regular

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 09 June 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
turboii wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 00:26

gday guys. I recently got a KE20 race car.

See my topic

"New guy on the black top"

Will post pics soon.

HEY...cant wait to see that 3k race motor you got!!!
post pix here!!!
turboii
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 09 June 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will do mate. its not fast in a straight line but the corners are crazy, and the car tells you exactly what it is doing. great fun to drive.
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 09 June 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That sounds cool mate...
James has your cat had the centre knocked out or are you just running one normally?
Yeah i'll have to ring around a few places.
Cheers
Michael
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 09 June 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im pretty sure my cat is normal.

the car was pretty quiet even wit the gze, pretty restrictive exhuast, but it worked well wit the gze.
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 09 June 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright cool, well i'll have to go organise one then, which sucks.
Cheers
Michael
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 09 June 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont know if you have to use a cat or not.

pre jan 76 or something dont have a cat.

but im pretty sure you would have to meet emmisions so haveing a cat would be better..

ask an engineer. i spose u were planning on it. Smile
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 09 June 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mines a '73 rolla and had to have a cat for engineering approval. That is engineered for ACT/NSW.
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 09 June 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm pretty sure the engine you are fitting has to meet the emisions standards of the car it came out of. This means if the car the engine came out of had a cat then the car the engine is going into has to have a cat.

Check with your engineer to be certain.
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 09 June 2005 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright cool thanks.
Also i have been trying to figure out the last things i need to buy for my conversion. I have a list of what i do have but i can't think of anything else i need to buy, but i am sure there is a lot more to buy. Here is the stuff i've bought so far:
Engine package(ECU, Loom, engine etc)
G'box
Mounts
Clutch
Surge Tank
Fuel Pumps and lines
Diff
Tail Shaft
Radiator piping
Battery in boot stuff
Thermo fan
Engine oil, diff oil, radiator fluid.
Oil filter
Fuel Filter
Extractors
A few other things i have forgot to put up
If anyone has any ideas please put them up and i'll tell you if i have it or not.
Also there is stuff i can only get done when i start the conversion ie exhaust, wiring etc so no need to put that stuff up for ideas Rolling Eyes .
Cheers
Michael
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 10 June 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about front struts ?
front and rear brakes ?
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 10 June 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i got the celica struts already in,
Diff i have organised with drums,
Thanks for the suggestion tho.
Michael
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 10 June 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spode wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 20:57

Name:
Tom

KE Rolla:
1979 coupe

Engine:
Standard 4K

Mods:
Steering wheel
Celica rims

Planned Mods:
Lowered 2"
celica Ta22 struts and sway bar
lowered rear shocks
Respray
KE30 bumpers
4age (100kw)
T-50 gearbox
extractors, 2.25 exhaust
cold air intake + pod
oil cooler
thermo fan
the usal gauges
some sort of better seats prob later model corolla

hey tom were in tas are you from.
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 10 June 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Megz wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 21:55

Michael

Hey Megz,

What master cylinder are you going to use?
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 11 June 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Megz wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 21:55

Michael

Embarassed just had a look back through the thread.
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 11 June 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats cool at least you put something up, actually you did remiond me i had to get a hand brake cable, so thanks.
Brad i am using the standard master cylinder Rolling Eyes , seems to work fine, but i guess if i did want the most out of the brakes i would upgrade. I think i was pushing them a bit hard last week and the seal seems to of split. Oh well its nothing major, its just when i abuse the brakes it seems to leek. So i'll fix it soon enough.
Anything else guys?
Cheers
Michael

[Updated on: Sat, 11 June 2005 08:14]

domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 11 June 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
megs ur gona need all ur gaskets for when u put it all together too dont forget.

umm oil, brake fluids ect

are you using a ta22 clutch cylinder?
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 11 June 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YEah i got all that Dom, got brake fuilds and oils too, i got ae71 clutch cylinder and slave cylinder...
Come on guys i need help, i am running out of things to buy but i know i am forgetting stuff,
CHeers
Michael
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 11 June 2005 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You will also need beverages and BBQ Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 12 June 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes a BBQ and beverages would be nice when its complete Very Happy ..
Michael
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 13 June 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Megz, are ya jealous Razz Laughing

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~bradw/enginepics/4age%2011.jpg
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 13 June 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WELL DONE BRAD!!

nice progress
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 13 June 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAMN YOU!!!! kidding Rolling Eyes ....
Good work tho Brad, looks like its meant to be in there Wink.
Only a week and a half till i start. At the moment i am just planning everything out so i have no hic-ups.
Cheers
Michael
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 13 June 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey micheal,

im not sure if you have already said or not,

but once u go ahead wit the conversion how long will you be working on the car??

are you planning to have everything set so u can do it all in a day/weekend??

or will the car be off the road for a week or so??
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 13 June 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James, the engine should be in on the Saturday if everything goes to plan. Then i should be able to hook up everything else in the next few days. Then i would have to get the prop shaft shortened. Exhaust and wiring. So i am hoping maximum of a 2 weeks that the car will be off the road. I have planned pretty much everything out so if everything goes smoothly about 1-2 weeks. But if something pops up it could be a lot longer.
Cheers
Michael
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 13 June 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Brad, I'm jealous! Things lookin good with the KE30 mate . . . Cool

Micheal, you have to get that car back together for the run on the 10th July! we need all the KE's we can get, and lookin forward to seeing the '25 out there!

Cheers

Rob
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 13 June 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael, what radaitor are you going to use ?
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 13 June 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Guys

The engine actually looks small in the engine bay. There's a fair bit of room in front of and behind the engine, just not sure at the moment how I'll do the engine mounts.

Getting the engine into the engine bay is the easy bit.

Megz: You shouldn't have too much trouble fitting the engine, just take your time manouvering it in there or you could end up with some paint damage. Get someone to give you a hand. I had my wife helping me for a little bit, she wasn't too happy about having to help though Mad Razz . I fitted the engine and gearbox in one hit and it's a bit hard to lower the engine crane when your laying under the car guiding the gearbox back Shocked Laughing .

Are you using a sprinter T50?
I have to extend the hole in the floor for the shifter. It doesn't even come close.

Good luck with it.
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 13 June 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

The engine actually looks small in the engine bay

i know what u mean!!!

the bare 4a looks tiny sitting in a ke30 engine bay

makes u wonder how big u could go Rolling Eyes
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 13 June 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

do a google for bart

thats gold!!!!
Surprised
kehamer
Regular

January 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 13 June 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
michael... dont forget the cable ties...they are mans best friend...
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 14 June 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YEah the 25th is the only weekend that i can start it... Cause both my brother and dad can help me. But we are quick workers and we've done 5-6 conversions between us.
Rob-I was planning on standard radiator, i'll give it a flush before i use it but i'll just have to see how it goes. My mate said that a colt radiator fits, so if the standard one is enough i'll just upgrade to something more suitable.
Brad-YEah my brother and I have done a few conversions so he knows what he's doing. I am using jap spec t50.... My car use to be auto so they have cut a hole already for that so it should be pretty easy to modify if it doesn't fit.
James- Yeah cable ties are on my buying list Very Happy .
Cheers
Michael
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 14 June 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

My mate said that a colt radiator fits, so if the standard one is enough i'll just upgrade to something more suitable

another option is to have a three core put onto the standard end tanks, therefore keeping the standard look and its bolt up.

also works quite effectively as well.
Spode
Regular

June 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 14 June 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im from hobart, what about you? corolla is getting a respray sometime next week. YESSS
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 14 June 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
engine looks good brad.

im getting really close to starting my project. im jsut hanging out to get my work underway. plans have kinda changed since the original 3SGE idea due to many reasons but heres what its going to be.

AE101 20V Silvertop
Supra W55 Gearbox (maybe W57, but i think W55 should be adequate)
TA22 Diff with an LSD Center (jsut go with a locker to begin with and will upgrade the drums to discs at some stage)
Microtech LTX10
GZE or Bosch Coils
TA22 front struts + sigma control arms hilux calipers and bigger discs
Keep my Swift buckets (im in love)
Superlites 15x8 rears and 15x7 fronts (if i can, polished lip + gold center)
white respray (ill do it myself)
might upgrade to a huyundai excel radiator to keep it cool but probably overkill
cant really think of much else but id like to run a hydraulic handbrake for drifting and want to try and keep my flares if possible too
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 14 June 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that will be n awesome litle beast when its down, lots of fun Smile
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 14 June 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Sounds hot Dom, should be sweet...
Bit of money will be going into it by the sounds of things!!
But i guess thats always the case,
Cheers
Michael
Pages (22): [ «  <  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms
Next Topic:starlet GT
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:26:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012889862060547 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.