Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » KE Corolla dedicated thread.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 10 July 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks mate, yeah i cant wait to get the motor in there but its gunna be a while got lots of things to buy. i also started my white face cluster today i will post some pics when its finished.

cheers, lloyd
  Send a private message to this user    
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 11 July 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah looks nice Lloyd, goodluck. I have nearly finished my hydraulic clutch, all i have to do is get some braided line and that should finish her off.
Thursday it is booked in to get exhaust done and then next week hopefully wiring. So that means it is gonna be an expensive week!!
Cheers
Michael
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 13 July 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can someone please tell me abot these pistons. they were in my old 3k and i dont know anything about them. any help is much appreciated.

cheers, lloyd

http://img308.imageshack.us/img308/1733/dsc006434zk.jpg
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 13 July 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lloyd, what is it you are trying to find out about that particular piston, your question is very vague Smile
kehamer
Regular

January 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 13 July 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has it purposely been placed in the waste transport column?
NickZ
Regular

February 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 13 July 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep I can tell you about your piston.....Its a piston and its been used, the rings have been removed.The rod seems straight and complete with bearing inside.
A piston goes up and down a cylinder. You should have found another 3 next to each other.

But as we havent seen the top of the piston I cant tell you if its dished of flattop. But im guessing it would be dished.

Anything else you want to know about your piston?
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 13 July 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry about being so vague what i mean is is it aftermarket piston,or is it just a shitty standed gay one and would it be hard to find another one.

cheers, lloyd

[Updated on: Wed, 13 July 2005 13:33]

EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 13 July 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks stock to me
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 14 July 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kehamer wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 18:26

has it purposely been placed in the waste transport column?

Laughing Laughing
Laughing
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 16 July 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey all,

didnt have very good day today as i expected to....

today was supposed to be the finish of the 4AGTE conversion but as is to be expected more problems arised!!!!

main problem:

stuffed starter motor/solenoid, so i cant start it any way.. Mad

other problems:

1) forgot to tighten nuts on back of water pump - fixed within a few minutes

2) forgot to tighten clamp on heater hose - fixed within a few seconds

these two issues resulted in a little bit of lost coolant and a little mess.

3) fuel pump wasnt coming on - jumpered pump to 12v and proved it still works, have to rewire properly. to it tomorrow.

4) while trying to bridge starter/solenoid to test shorted 12v to braided water line, reuslting in arcing and a stuffed water line, therefore removing the option of a clutch start.

on a good note the dump does look good. and it only cost $150 very nice job, thankyou WEST SIDE EXHAUST, will be going back there to get whole exhaust done.

so tomorrow i will be heading to repco to get new starter motor, and then cleaning up wires and interior to make everything nice and neat.

then monday i will be heading to mechanic for pink slip check at 11am this is after replacing broken water line and lost coolant.

then on wednesday i will pay for greenslip and rego at RTA then its back on the road!! yay!!!

will post in members rides with pics of everything once its all done!

thanks
James
bmak
Regular

May 2002

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 17 July 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke30king wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 14:22

can someone please tell me abot these pistons. they were in my old 3k and i dont know anything about them. any help is much appreciated.

cheers, lloyd

http://img308.imageshack.us/img308/1733/dsc006434zk.jpg

Its not standard thats for sure

Who built the motor? Is there a reason it would have non standard pistons?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 17 July 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why not look inside the piston for the manufacturers marking.. repco/toyota/ACL all have an identifying symbol of some kind.
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 17 July 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/6829/p71700195qm.jpg

http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/4982/p71700207xn.jpg

http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/9990/p71700217kd.jpg

http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/1305/p71700223bp.jpg

http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/2343/p71700238yy.jpg

http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/5497/p71700241xj.jpg

http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/147/p71700260dt.jpg

http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/7329/p71700288ba.jpg
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 17 July 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey james, grab a can of black gloss from bunnings spray paint and paint the surrounds of your grill, itll highlight the front up alot better and will look awsome!

by the way some how i tripped in front of my car the other day and did something to the grill/

photos to follow

cya
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 17 July 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah i know what you mean...

thatl look heaps better, and i need to re-do the corolla symbol in the centre as well,

anyone have a starter motor that works??

i need one desperatly!! help!!

thanks
James
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 17 July 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking very hot James!!! Good work. So is it fully running now?
If so how much boost are you running?
Cheers
Michael
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 17 July 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, thanks michael, nah not running yet unfortunatly,

i need to get a working starter to get it going..

but i'm not bleeding off the actuater, its set to 1 bar.

hopefully everything will be fine until i replace injectors, ecu, etc etc then il prob run a bit more boost Very Happy

but 15psi is heaps especially on stock ecu.

your car will be starting this week yeah?

thanks
James
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 17 July 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome, very good work Smile
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 17 July 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks josh,

not as impressive as your beast though!! lol

did you get to the drags yet?? if so howd you go?

pm sent. Cool
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 17 July 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha thanks
nah no drags yet, next week if i get a chance
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 17 July 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i don't think it will be running. I am trying to organise someone to wire up ignition and that but we'll see what happens. PLus no money also is dictating what i do Rolling Eyes...
Cheeers
Michael
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 17 July 2005 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=bmak wrote on Sun, 17 July 2005 10:20]
ke30king wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 14:22

cheers, lloyd

Its not standard thats for sure

Who built the motor? Is there a reason it would have non standard pistons?

um im not sure who built the motor because my cousin got it from his auto class at school and it had a plained large port head aswell so i dunno. and it only had three of those pistons and one that is the same as all the other ones i have seen.

cheers, lloyd
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 17 July 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hye guys im buying a KE55 rolla with a stock 4k, 4 sp, orange in colour Razz and was wondering wat my best path to modifying would be ? ie engine work to gain power or wat not, i thought id ask u guys and get opinions and everything on it.
cheers Smile
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 17 July 2005 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeez, I dont check out this thread for one night and theres a thousand posts . . . Razz

James, looks sweet mate. Bet you cant wait til u fire it up! If the starter on my 4K would fit, i'd give it to you!!! lol Laughing

Micheal, you must be the same. How much longer do you think mate?

Josh, I wanna know what numbers that beast of yours does down the strip(if it manages to get any traction!)
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 17 July 2005 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Jorrs,

Depends how much you wanna spend. If you can afford it, take the 4K out and throw in something else.
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 18 July 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it is getting close, wiring is the only big thing left to do really...
A 4k won't fit, i accidently gave James a 4k instead of a 4a one Embarassed .. But all fixed up now....

HEy Jorrs, like Rob said: depends on money, time and commitment to it. If you are commited to upgrading and have both time and money then go for it. But if you just can scrape up enough money and don't have time then don't bother with anything huge. I am doing a 4age conversion and it gets really frustrating at times. and sometimes i wanna push it off a cliff. But i know the reward that i'll get once its done.
Let us know your plans.
Cheers
Michael
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 18 July 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh well im doin up my gt2 at the same time so yeh ill have to see how much money i have and time,

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/Jorrs/KIF_0211.jpg
thats my celica, has 3sgte, highflowed turbo rebuilt turbo, only runs stock boost for now,

ill get some pics of the KE55 when i pick it up, its my mates old car and he left to the army the other day so i bought it of him as its an awesome lil car, ive been thinkin of doin a 4age conversion to it, or 4agze, but if money doesnt permit then ill prob wanna just work the 4k motor perhaps,
what bout 5k motors ? wats the low down on them ?
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 18 July 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys,

yeah got the starter from Megz, thanks for that,

i still havnt got it to start.. Mad

i cant get a spark!! its really annoying me. can anyone help??
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 18 July 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spark? i can get u spark, but u wont be happy with the way i do it hehehehe.

hey megz hows the for a coicidence u even have ur own mini cliff to push it off! ahahahahha Laughing
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 18 July 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey James,

Did you change any of the wiring to the ignition system when you did the conversion. Checked all the fuses.

I may be able to come and give you a hand with it on sunday if you want, if you can wait that long. I'm not sure if we have anything on at the moment but let me know if you need a hand and I'll see what I can do.

I have to come over and get that exhaust manifold off you one day anyway.
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 18 July 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey brad,

if you could come and lend a hand that would be absolutley awsome!!!!

i can wait till sunday cos i know youll be able to help! Very Happy

..i didnt change any of the ignition circuit, but i did change the starting circuit, because i wasnt getting the 12v signal from the starting relay i ran a new wire from the relay to the starter and now it works.

hey brad if your able to come over do you think you could have a look at some other things for me??

thanks
James
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 18 July 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

spark? i can get u spark, but u wont be happy with the way i do it hehehehe.

hey dom,

i dont think i want to know what your talking about?!?! Rolling Eyes
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 18 July 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries James.

I'll give you a ring and organise it.
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 18 July 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep no worries

and pm sent Cool
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 19 July 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys,
I'm Jonathan...and the new proud owner of a KE55 Corolla. Smile
I own and drive a ST162 Celica, which is probably a little too modified for its own good coz it seems to spend half its life in the workshop. so i've decided to get the KE as a little runabout.
could I ask some questions first though.
its a 1979 KE55 Corolla.
so I presume it runs on LRP?
What capacity is the engine 1.2L?? 1.3L??
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 19 July 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It would be a 4k 1.3l... There was a discussion on this thread a while back. Back on page 12, half way down
Cheers
Michael
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 19 July 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spark, the bad spark, u get from lighting stuff that burns really bad especailly in an uncontrolled environment Razz
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 19 July 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i get it Razz

thanks but no thanks, i think il pass on that Rolling Eyes
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 20 July 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey everyone,

just looking for a guy,

name is dave,

owns a blue ke30, met Rick on the weekend,

Rick is the guy i bought the ke35 off, said he met a guy named Dave who knew me off Toymods...

Cool

thanks
James

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 20 July 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone know if the older ke70 (81-83) front will fit on the newer ae71/ke70 (83-85) front?

http://private.carsales.com.au/photos/661843.jpg
http://private.carsales.com.au/photos/678019.jpg
i wanna get a ae71 and out the older front on....?
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 20 July 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm,

well looks like there are a few body differences, such as bonnet and guards,

maybe if you got all the panels and front parts, it might all bolt up, its worth a go if that's the look you want.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 21 July 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look what i got up to today Cool

http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/7459/zoom1kc.th.jpg

zoom photoshoot btw
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 21 July 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke35 - 4AGZE wrote on Wed, 20 July 2005 20:52

hey everyone,

just looking for a guy,

name is dave,

owns a blue ke30, met Rick on the weekend,

Rick is the guy i bought the ke35 off, said he met a guy named Dave who knew me off Toymods...

Cool

thanks
James

Dave Ke30(toymods name), I am sure he would know cause he has a blue ke30... and his name is Dave... and he is from sutherland shire...

I am pretty sure if you have everything from the other model it would bolt up, ie bonnet, guards, lights etc.

Looks good Josh, congratulations.
Michael
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 21 July 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Dave Ke30(toymods name),

Laughing thats what i said to him and i got a smart ass answer back!!! my bad, cool thanks!

OMG thats so awsome Josh!!! congratulations!!

when did you get those wheels?? or are they different hubbies???

Thanks
JAmes

[Updated on: Thu, 21 July 2005 09:12]

EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 21 July 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha there my tempe spec hub caps Laughing
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 21 July 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol thats awsome!!!

you put the sleeper hubbies back on yeah???

thanks
James
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 21 July 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well Done Josh! Good stuff!

domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 21 July 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not tempe spec, but another quality product from Tempe Hubcaps

hahaahahahahh

did they do an abstract photo of your dented rear bumber? shoulda got the fluffy steering wheel cover!
bored
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 22 July 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the idea that there are no close-ups of the wheels?
IMHO it looks best without any hubcaps.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 22 July 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol i gave him the choice, he liked the sleeper look
i didnt care either way Razz
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 22 July 2005 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Josh, where was the shoot held? it looks annoyingly familiar!
PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 23 July 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm sxc sxc good work josh.

i went fora spin in my ke20 with 250xflow today.
HOLY SHIT hold on to your pants people its fukin insane

1sr,2nd,3rd all over the road the torque to weight ratio is through the roof.

now even more neighbours h8 me. but its worth it.

i try get some vids nxt wkend.

cheers scott
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 23 July 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol! Laughing Bring it on! Laughing

shit, if a 4K can spin both rears, I can just imagine what a torquey 250 can do! Cool

Have you tried out any burnout comps with this weapon??
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 24 July 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Far out that must be pretty insane!!
Well the auto-electrician is pencilled in for the 2/8 so that gives me enough time to get everything ready. So hopefully that day it will be done.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Cheers
Michael
PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 24 July 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey 74rolla
yea mate its 1st comp will gazznats in october
it will be there with another white ke20 with hemi 6cyl in it and also rolla20s orange ke20 with turbs 202.

there will not be a shortage of mad ke20s out thats for sure.

maybe ill go do somemore workon it although im feeling pretty seedy. fuk it mite go wake the neighbourhood.

cheers scott
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 24 July 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4AGTE's rule

broom broom

Cool

thanks Brad!!

James
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 24 July 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries James,

It was good to hear it running.

You've also got me all keen now to pull my finger out and get mine going Laughing .
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 24 July 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing thats awsome then!!!

well if you need any help, i doubt it, i'm happy to help!!!

it sounded a lot better once i found and blocked a leak at the throttle body!!! Laughing

cant wait to find out what it can really do!!!

thanks
James
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 24 July 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke35 - 4AGZE wrote on Sun, 24 July 2005 19:24

cant wait to find out what it can really do!!!

Should be interesting.

Let us know if you decide to go to wsid and I'll try to come.

Edit: Did it idle better after you fixed the leak at the manifold?

Thanks for the offer of help, it's always good to have an extra pair of hands Very Happy .

[Updated on: Sun, 24 July 2005 09:44]

74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 24 July 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
PMP020 wrote on Sun, 24 July 2005 12:27

hey 74rolla
yea mate its 1st comp will gazznats in october
it will be there with another white ke20 with hemi 6cyl in it and also rolla20s orange ke20 with turbs 202.

:lol::lol::lol:

Hows it goin Scott! This is pretty funny! Ford vs Holden vs Mopar - all in KE20 bodies! Laughing

Good to hear you got your "spark" soughted out James! Bet you cant wipe the smile off your face! Go and have some fun . . . .
Pages (22): [ «  <  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms
Next Topic:starlet GT
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:02:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.015105009078979 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.