Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » KE Corolla dedicated thread.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 24 July 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah it idled pretty perfectly after that,

i also adjusted the idle screw and it idled at about 1100rpm the whole time, no change when warm.. so that was good

although i think il still have to let it warm up for a while in the morning

will be good though!! Very Happy

thanks
James
  Send a private message to this user    
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 24 July 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Good to hear you got your "spark" soughted out James! Bet you cant wipe the smile off your face! Go and have some fun . . . .

Laughing

yeah its good!!!

and Brad helped out with a few other things as well so im a bit happier with the wiring now,

thanks
James
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 25 July 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats awesome to hear James, when mine is done i'll come around and check it out.
Also i am getting my radiator modified, cause i didn't really wanna bother around with heaps of piping.
Cheers
Michael
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 25 July 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Megz wrote on Mon, 25 July 2005 14:16

Thats awesome to hear James, when mine is done i'll come around and check it out.
Also i am getting my radiator modified, cause i didn't really wanna bother around with heaps of piping.
Cheers
Michael

looks like i spoke to soon,

after getting it running all looked well but this morning car has developed an unknown problem and once again i have no power getting to the spark plugs,

so atm it looks like you'll be done before me Michael, lol

yeah ends up being much neater when you cahnge the radiator outlet.... good stuff!

thanks
James
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 25 July 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THat sucks James, yeah the guys at the Radiator shop were good blokes, they did the work in like 2 hrs. plus they tested it for us. Looks soooo much better now... I am trying to put on the thermo fan which is pretty annoying as i have to make up new brakets for it, but should be alright. So mine is slowly getting there day by day.
Cheers
Michael
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 25 July 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the guy that did mine were pretty good as well,

did you only get the outlet moved to the other side?? how much did that end up costing??

when i got mine done, they did a few things for me and when they tested they found a tiny leak and fixxed that for me as well for free while a waited there..

and i couldnt get my car to go today so looks like its gonna be unregistered for a while until it is good enough to be engineered,

oh well

thanks
James
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 26 July 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got the inlet moved more to the left side, so it lined up with the outlet on the engine. Cost me $40 and they inspected it to... which i thought was alright. PLus you can't even notice the modification.
OH well James i'm sure it'll work out soon,
Cheers
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 29 July 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man this thread dissappeared quickly....
Anyway sideshow is coming down on the 2nd August to do my wiring. So i am HOPING that my car will be running then and driveable...
Did you get yours going James?
Cheers
Michael
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 30 July 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Megz wrote on Sat, 30 July 2005 09:28

Man this thread dissappeared quickly....

Nar i wouldn't say the thread has died, you'll most likely find the others are busy doing what i'd like to be doing right at this moment and working on their ke
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 30 July 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i should be doing that too but soo tired and i am waiting for soccer to start.. oh well i got tomorrow off so i can work on it all day...
check this out: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Toyo ta/auction-31674475.htm
and:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Competiti on-cars/auction-31722594.htm

Cheers
Michael
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 30 July 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Nar i wouldn't say the thread has died, you'll most likely find the others are busy doing what i'd like to be doing right at this moment and working on their ke

.....or driving them Very Happy

We had a little cruise last night, 3 x 4AGTE powered corollas and an turbo pulsar. It was a nice little drive Wink
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 31 July 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Did you get yours going James?

nope not yet Crying or Very Sad maybe today, been heaps busy all week..

Quote:

We had a little cruise last night, 3 x 4AGTE powered corollas

nice sounds like it wouldve been fun!!!

James

[Updated on: Sun, 31 July 2005 02:13]

ROTAROLA
Regular

April 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 31 July 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys im kinda new to toymods and i want to know what diffs u guys r using in ur rollas?

cheers Preston
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 31 July 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys,

got the 4AGTE started again today,

thanks to brad again, we found a broken wire from the crank angle sensor to the ecu, cleaning up and eventually engineering to come.

and ROTAROLA, im using a borg warner from a VL turbo, it has skyline 28 spline axles, 4.11:1 ratio and a minispool centre, although i will be putting the lsd back in for engineering,

thanks
James
ROTAROLA
Regular

April 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 31 July 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok cheers for the info james.

Preston
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 31 July 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be putting a modified celica ta22 diff in to mine...
Also my car is getting close to being done too Very Happy ..
Cheers
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 01 August 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WEll it is judgement day for me tomorrow. The auto-electrician is coming to wire it up so i'll find out if all the work i have done on it is going to pay off. I hooked up the clutch using Kehamers(James') method, i'll get some pics up soon....
Cheers
Michael
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 01 August 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey
I know this is really off topic but has anyone on Toymods done a 3tc into KE55? Just looking for some help concerning it.
Thanks
Troy
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 01 August 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ive had a 3tc ke55
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 01 August 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, man! how many nice cars have you got/had! so unfair lol. But yeah, just wondering what gearbox bolts up, basically and thats bout all thats worth asking for now.
Thanks
Troy
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 01 August 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
none that i know of

as for the gearbox a t50 celica box will do the trick
can use the stock tailshaft and gearbox mount as well
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 01 August 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet thanks! Lol! What! No nice cars, psh! Also, did you just grab the x member frm whatever you got and rubbers? or mounts aswell?
Thanks
Try
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 01 August 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You will need the t50 gearbox rubber mount and the standard ke gearbox crossmember
kehamer
Regular

January 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 01 August 2005 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey michael,
Any hiccups in installing the clutch system?
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 01 August 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah James seems fine mate thanks for the help. the test will be today tho when it gets wired up... 1 problem already the water pmup seals have split letting out a bit of coolant Crying or Very Sad .. but nothing too bad.
Cheers
Michael
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 02 August 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
........as we wait for Micheals answer . . . . Confused

Does it go? . . . . (holding breath)
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 02 August 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it goes.... barely... Timing is all out, water pump seals are gone, not idling and a few other things but yeah it is running thankfully...
It looks soooooo much better now tho. i got some new pics so i'll put them up later tonight.
Cheers
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 02 August 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i got some new pics up, check my link in my signature to check it out,
Cheers
Michael
meeves
Regular

July 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 02 August 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought bout msging u megz but i figured youd be on here congrats cant wait to see it
is it gonna be at the bbq on sat?
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 02 August 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can any one tell me whats missig from my tool kit?
it has
bag, reversable screwdriver, 10/12mm spanner, 14/17mm spanner, wheel wrench, small jack handle, hub cap remover, some other jigger and a wheel chock.
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1470/dsc006557sy.jpg
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 02 August 2005 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That "some other jigger tool" is for the spark plugs. The hub cap remover is the handle for the "some other jigger". Apart from that the only thing i can't see is the scissor jack. I should be right in saying thats about everything you'll need for general maintenance on ya chariot.

Edit: spealing

[Updated on: Tue, 02 August 2005 15:52]

Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 03 August 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meeves wrote on Tue, 02 August 2005 21:29

i thought bout msging u megz but i figured youd be on here congrats cant wait to see it
is it gonna be at the bbq on sat?

Hey matty thanks, not sure yet at the moment, i have those few things to fix up so i'll see how that goes. But i am hoping it will be done on the weekend,
Cheers
Michael
PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 03 August 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey people

thought id just throw some pix of PMP on here for a lil eye candy 4 u all.

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1758/dscf00032vk.jpg
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/2126/dscf00012mv.jpg
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4721/pmp027yl.jpg
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/8867/pmp010uo.jpg

and heres a few of my KE30 2dr i have for sale
$1000
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/9828/dscf00037vb.jpg
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/6246/dscf00016jl.jpg

cheers scott

[Updated on: Wed, 03 August 2005 10:39]

ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 03 August 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
towe_001 wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 01:50

That "some other jigger tool" is for the spark plugs. The hub cap remover is the handle for the "some other jigger". Apart from that the only thing i can't see is the scissor jack. I should be right in saying thats about everything you'll need for general maintenance on ya chariot.

pretty sure its missing pliers aswell?

cheers, lloyd
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 04 August 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On Ya Scotty! PMP020 looks awesome - wish I had one just like it in that colour Razz Rolling Eyes

Has anybody seen the neat little KE25 on e-bay. In Sydney (looks like Ryde area). 4K, reg to Jan06. Not bad for the starting price of $1100! Shame I don't have the money at the moment, wouldn't make a bad little runaround so I can do more to my KE20!

link to e-bay KE25
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-corolla-1973-importe d_W0QQitemZ4566422393QQcategoryZ2030QQrdZ1QQcmdZVi ewItem
PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 04 August 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob dat 25 is killa
damn i wish i had that sorta spare cash coz id snap dat baby up.
loox the goods
is there a way to get in touch with the seller to findout more info?

cheers scott
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 04 August 2005 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey everyone,

havnt been on for a few days cos internet has been disconnected at home,

well i took the ke35 for a drive yesterday to the exhuast place,

I'm getting the rest done, i had the dump pipe done to the cat for $150, now im getting high flow cat and back and new muffler for $550,

driving experience: AWSOME!!!!! i got to give it a little kick in the guts to overtake my dad who was supposed to be following me, hit boost pretty early in 2nd and OMG!!!! my dad even said he was amazed at how fast it went!!!! and it sounds like an animal!!!!!!

i'm really happy with how well it goes, cant wait till ive finished everything off and its engineered so i can drive it evryday!!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

VERY HAPPY!!!!
James
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 05 August 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats awesome James, good stuff man... My car is nearly done too Very Happy .., just these last few things to do...
Cheers
Michael
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 05 August 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PMP020 wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 23:00

rob dat 25 is killa
damn i wish i had that sorta spare cash coz id snap dat baby up.
loox the goods
is there a way to get in touch with the seller to findout more info?

cheers scott

I have nothin to do with the sale Scott, Just saw it on e-bay the other night. Click the link on previous post and e-mail the owner! Looks alright eh!
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 05 August 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Megz wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 11:18

Thats awesome James, good stuff man... My car is nearly done too Very Happy .., just these last few things to do...
Cheers
Michael

sweet!!!

and youll be able to drive it straight away as well!!!! so jealous!!!

i always seem to have just a few more things to do,

now my little list of things to do is huge!!!lol

oh yeah and i did a little burnout accidentally... too much torque in first for a hill start.. Rolling Eyes

Thanks
James
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 05 August 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YEah sort of, i need to fix a few seals as they must be old and are leaking coolant. pLus i need to organise an accelerator cable. But its getting close.
Sure it was accidental Wink.
Cheers
Michael
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 05 August 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke35 - 4AGZE wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 13:39

Megz wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 11:18

Cheers
Michael

sweet!!!

and youll be able to drive it straight away as well!!!! so jealous!!!

i always seem to have just a few more things to do,

now my little list of things to do is huge!!!lol

oh yeah and i did a little burnout accidentally... too much torque in first for a hill start.. Rolling Eyes

Thanks
James

Laughing Next time there are burnouts, we want photo's!! Laughing Rolling Eyes

Well done James - sounds pretty impressive!
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 05 August 2005 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke30king wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 21:16

towe_001 wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 01:50

pretty sure its missing pliers aswell?

cheers, lloyd

Oh yeah Surprised i forgot about those silly 2-position plier things. Good call lloyd
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 07 August 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't have a tool kit Embarassed .. oh well i got a 16v Evil or Very Mad...
It is running pretty well at the moment i am trying to figure out an accelerator cable that wil fit mine hook thing on the inlet plenum, any ideas?
Cheers
Michael
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 07 August 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone wanna buy a ke55 ??

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=76936&rid=7590&S=d471226d0f27ce042eb82fa b59a558a5
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 07 August 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You just bought this recently ay?
Michael
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 07 August 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh mate but i hardly ever drive it, i drive my celica everywhere and yeh just sits around, also got my defect fines comin in Razz lol and i just spent 2k on my celica and am fuckin broke, its good lil rolla hey as u can see from pics Smile
PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 08 August 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey micheal

with ya accel cable mate just dodge it up.

u should see some of the accel cables me n mates have ran on our cars.
there not realy dangerous just quick fixes until u find the right one.

electrical bits n peices always come in handy wit all those different clips n stuff just think outside the square n ull be sweet.

cheers scott
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 08 August 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scott ur car makes me horny!

and damn u i want ur 2 door! bastard!

anyway i did a full round headlight converion and sprayed my car white, ive been a busy bee.

james good to hear about your car cant wait to see it!
PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 09 August 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dom
yes my car is very sexual i get that response from most poeple.

i sold the 2dr on sunday for $1100. not bad i thought got a wkends thrashing done before the dood came aroudn aswel.

now after another ke20 for the hell of it.
it will never end.

happy rollin
cheers scott
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 09 August 2005 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'll prbly end up buying the same cars and going in a circle haha....
But my good news is that i had my first drive tonight!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy .... Sooooo happy. there are a few things out but overall i am quite happy as i have done pretty much all the work myself.
Cheers
Michael
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 09 August 2005 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well Done Micheal! Cool

Looks like we are goin to have to organise another cruise in a few months, so we can see james and micheals rolla's!

ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 09 August 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well done Michael!!!

yep looks like a cruise will have to be organised...

il have to get my ass in gear and get a blue slip!!!

and once i do get my car back on the road legally, i want to go to WSID so if anyone wants to go we should all go together,

thanks

James
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 10 August 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet well done Michael. Its an even better feeling knowing that you've done it yourself, two thumbs up dude, good work.

Edit: Cause i know i can

[Updated on: Wed, 10 August 2005 01:30]

Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 11 August 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thanks guys... There are a few minor things that i am still working out but i am enjoying driving it. Also when it gets warmed up it doesn't idle properly. it feels like one of the vacuum hoses isn't connected but i don't see anything wrong with it... any ideas?
Also when i get past about 4k revs it just splutters. i thought it may be the spark plugs so i gave them a clean and check of the gap and it still didn't fix it. Also i thought it may be the timing but i would've thought that if that was out then it would be spluttering all revs instead of just the higher revs. ANy help??
Yeah a cruise would be good but i think mine and James' would be a bit illegal....
Cheers
Michael
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 11 August 2005 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Before going too far have you hooked the light for the fault codes ? It'll be a good place to start from.
Megz wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 16:59

Yeah thanks guys... There are a few minor things that i am still working out but i am enjoying driving it. Also when it gets warmed up it doesn't idle properly. it feels like one of the vacuum hoses isn't connected but i don't see anything wrong with it... any ideas?

You could have a leak on/around the intake manifold. Unless you've blocked it off, the throttle body needs coolant running to it as well otherwise when warmed up the idle will be erratic (eg: starts at 1000rpm goes up to 2500rpm then it'll drop back to 1000rpm and back up to 2500rpm up, down, up, down.....). How about the vacuum line for the fuel pressure whats-it on the fuel rail ? That can play havoc with the idle and fuel economy.
Quote:

Also when i get past about 4k revs it just splutters. i thought it may be the spark plugs so i gave them a clean and check of the gap and it still didn't fix it. Also i thought it may be the timing but i would've thought that if that was out then it would be spluttering all revs instead of just the higher revs. ANy help??

Whats the coil like ? Have a look at that fuel pressure thing as well. Whats the condition of the rotor button ? Are the leads themselves ok ?
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 11 August 2005 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yeah a cruise would be good but i think mine and James' would be a bit illegal....
Cheers
Michael

hey,

when its idling does it splutter a bit, sound s little lumpy kinda like a rotor??

i find on my engine if there is a vacuum leak or similar that it idles really lumpy and splutters a bit, but is still smooth when revving,

maybe the dizzy does need some adjusting although i cant really help with this,

got car back after exhaust the other day, and it sounds a little beefier and spools up heaps better, i gave it a bit of a workout and couldnt seem to keep traction very much... Razz im thinking of flares and some wider rears and legal semi slicks....

and i starter my rewire project and im already getting somewhere so it should look good when im done,

the exhaust i got is 2.5" turbo all way back, with high flow cat and two straight through mufflers, not too loud and seems to be wel suited to the car...

thanks
James
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 12 August 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah at idling it seems fine, just when i you start to rev it higher it splutters pretty bad... But also with idling when it warms up it will idle high then drop down low then idle high again and then it will keep repeating this up and down revving... Any ideas?
Cheers
Michael
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 12 August 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

dle high then drop down low then idle high again and then it will keep repeating this up and down revving

tps??

not sure but i had this with the gze tps, it was a little loose and i suspect broken, well mine used to do that, and now it doesnt.

although at times my air flow meter does get a little sticky and it ides close to 2k rpm but most of the time it idels nicely at about 1k rpm...

good luch michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 12 August 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
towe_001 wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 03:10

Before going too far have you hooked the light for the fault codes ? It'll be a good place to start from.

You could have a leak on/around the intake manifold. Unless you've blocked it off, the throttle body needs coolant running to it as well otherwise when warmed up the idle will be erratic (eg: starts at 1000rpm goes up to 2500rpm then it'll drop back to 1000rpm and back up to 2500rpm up, down, up, down.....). How about the vacuum line for the fuel pressure whats-it on the fuel rail ? That can play havoc with the idle and fuel economy.

Do you have to have the coolant hooked up to the throttle body? i thought you wouldn't have to... YEah it does do that weird eractic idling.
Michael

Pages (22): [ «  <  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms
Next Topic:starlet GT
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:35:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.014575004577637 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.