June 2004
Engine Bay Colour Tue, 06 July 2004 07:00 Go to next message

Engine Bay Colour[ 24 vote(s) ]
1.Black 8 / 33%
2.Colour 16 / 67%

Hi Peoples.

I want opinions on this. DONT BE SHY, DONT IGNORE, DONT HOLD BACK

FEEDBACK FEEDBACK FEEDBACK!!!!!!!!!!! GIVE IT TO ME PEOPLES

i want all the feedback possible eventhough the decision will be mine at the end...

ANYWAY, im painting my TA22 Ferrari Red (The actual Ferrari Red and not imitation/close to colour), but as for the engine bay i am considering doing it GMH BLACK/Dull black instead of colour and clear...

I want to do that cause firstly cause its rare that anyone sees it, any dirt/oil and what not wont be noticed (including wiring)

what do you think? do it black or colour?

[Updated on: Tue, 06 July 2004 07:01]

Send a private message to this user    
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Engine Bay Colour Tue, 06 July 2004 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In my opinion, it depends on what you are doing as far as engine detail. If you plan to polish up the engine and all hang offs I'd go black to emphasize the engine work. If your just going to plonk a clean engine in there I'd go body colour, reason being if I look under the bonnet of a car and see black engine bay the first impression is "cheap respray" even if it is a good paint job.

My opinion. Smile
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: Engine Bay Colour Tue, 06 July 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Black bay red rocker cover, it will look mean as!!!
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Engine Bay Colour Tue, 06 July 2004 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon you should paint it the same colour. i see a lot of jap imports with different colour engine bays and it looks ugly.
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Engine Bay Colour Tue, 06 July 2004 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also, a different colour engine is the result of the owner getting the respray done cheaply, there fore the boot and engine bay isnt done. Sometimes not even the door jambs Shocked
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Engine Bay Colour Tue, 06 July 2004 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I ALSO WANT TO ADD

as TokenBlackGuy & lambolica mentioned about engine dress up, i wont be doing a red rocker cover (but may be possible) but i will be doing red vacuum hoses, hose connections... Basically a RED dress up and chrome thrown in

it wont be too much as it wont be a show car just a NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCE car i hope

Also i am sick of black hosing and shit so thats why i wanna be different

ae95 the whole inside (floor, inner door area, roof, parcel tray and all inside) is going GMH BLACK and boot is Grey base with red, white and black specs all over

[Updated on: Tue, 06 July 2004 07:22]

TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: Engine Bay Colour Tue, 06 July 2004 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CHROME ENGINE BAY Shocked BLING BLING
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Engine Bay Colour Tue, 06 July 2004 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CMON GUYS DONT JUST READ IT!!!

AT LEAST VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

33read and 3votes WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: Engine Bay Colour Tue, 06 July 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i voted!!! im your friend!! wanna see a movie your shout!
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: Engine Bay Colour Tue, 06 July 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahha, i voted too and i'll post as well, looking at making my engine bay red and SHINY crome, only crome plated, i don't like crome too much its too heavy
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Engine Bay Colour Tue, 06 July 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree dunkey monkey, im not going to go over board with chrome, just bits and pieces to make it look good

TokenBlackGuy, judging from the name your a bloke... so hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm NO... SORRY Very Happy
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: Engine Bay Colour Tue, 06 July 2004 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont be scared! ill be gentle!! hahaha BUY ME PIZZA DAMMIT, 1 large meat lovers with BBQ sauce
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Engine Bay Colour Tue, 06 July 2004 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Do the bay the same colour as the body. It does look cheap if its in another colour. Your engine should be the highlight of the bay, not the colour. Smile

seeyuzz
river
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: Engine Bay Colour Tue, 06 July 2004 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think there is enough blue in my car tho, red would possibly contrast it beta
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Engine Bay Colour Tue, 06 July 2004 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the engine bay is orange at the moment... i could possibly leave it like that and pint the rest red

pics at

members.optusnet.com.au/fadee

keep in mind digi cam usad is crap and therefore so are photos but colour can be seen
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Engine Bay Colour Thu, 08 July 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UPDATE

i have decided to go with BLACK. i know the poll shows otherwise, but when it costs me $500 to spray a whole car who cares, i can change it whenever i like. besides hopefully by next year the motor will be out for its full rebuild and work so if the black doesnt suit me then it will get changed then

but i am going to go acrylic black and not GMH black as advised by my mates dad (he's been a beater/painter for over 40yrs) he said thats the easiest and cheapest way to do it. no clear required, no oven and bake required

he even recommended i do it black Confused dont ask why though cause i dont know, but he did end up saying that if i didnt like it then down the track they will redo the whole car from scratch for $500 again and again and again no matter what colour i choose on any respray... i dont want to gloat but the adavantages of having a very close friend that is a beater/painter

BUT thanks to those who gave their vote and their opinion much appreciated and I DID CONSIDER WHAT EVERYONE SAID AND THE POLL ITSELF... to those who didnt vote LAZY CUNTS, you took the time to read the thread you could have spent an extra 2 seconds for 2 mouse clicks
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Engine Bay Colour Fri, 09 July 2004 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Craazeeee, that orange paint in the engine area is crayzee. AZeeze gogglez, zey do nuffink!

Leave it orange!

Seriously though, paint it black. I would. And I did vote for you. Shocked
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Engine Bay Colour Fri, 09 July 2004 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the engine bay is currently an acrylic orange tinter witha gold pearl in it... my beater (not his dad) also told me to leave it orange for now, cheaper in the short term

decisions decisions, either way it is going to stay the same as is now or go black. definately not colour just yet.

what i could do is leave it how it is, then when i rebuild motor down the track i can experiment with black and colour. it is going to take me a good month or more to rebuild the motor so i can try different things then.

iv just finished painting the whole inside of the car black, hopefully i can get some pics on my site of that. i should also get a photo of the fuel tank up there so you guys can see what the boot will look like (ill even take a photo of my current TA22s boot as it is the same as what i am going to do
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Engine Bay Colour Fri, 09 July 2004 17:25 Go to previous message
Personally I think that a body-coloured engine bay is the way to go, and as such voted that way. That said, a matt-black engine bay looks purposeful and is probably cheaper to do as well.

I'm about to paint my engine bay, and I'm 90% likely to do it body coloured rather than black.

Agree that it looks tacky in a non-body colour (eg. red engine bay from factory, body later painted green).
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Imports! Your thoughts, experience, information?
Next Topic:86 engine
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:45:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005051851272583 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.