Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Sat, 07 August 2004 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You do realise that by then, hopefully I'll have ST205 rear brakes, & my rear spring issue sorted out.
Plus 2 new tyres on the gripping end. Twisted Evil

Mind you I still won't be able to catch you down the straights Embarassed , you better just hope they're long enough that I don't get you under brakes. Laughing

But BRING IT ON!!! Cool
  Send a private message to this user    
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Sat, 07 August 2004 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm still waiting on WP management to clarify costs but looking at the web site, it would appear the $3000 hire fee does not include insurance. If this is the case then it's most definitely a no-starter.
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Sat, 07 August 2004 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah $300 is a bit dear but can't you run it as one of these days.
No Speed Limit Days (Open Practice)
$80.00 for the day
$30.00 for a Wakefield Clubcomp Licence valid for 12 months
Helmet hire available for $20 per day with a $50 Deposit
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Sun, 08 August 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you'll find "no speed limmit" days preclude the use of ANY timing equipment official or otherwise, which defeats the purpose of holding a competition there.

celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Sun, 08 August 2004 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Celicamad,

I think I was the only entrant from Melbourne this year. You never know, there may be a few entries from Melbourne next year.

Richard

yeah love to see more of you guys up here . unfortunatley we need to focus MORE on a venue thats within our and entrants budgets.

that why i personally like Tamworth as you can camp the accomodation has always been the biggest cost at dubbo

so if your desperate to race but are short on cash . Bring a tent this also allows the ROWDY CROWD to party as hard as they like

we are driving to Tamworth in a few weeks and will also compare accommodation costs.
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Sun, 08 August 2004 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's a bit hard to comment further on cost until I can confirm all this with WP management. I hope to get clarification this week but I suspect the final cost would also greatly depend on wether or not the club hiring the venue would be CAMS affiliated. I do know from discussions with Tamworth that being CAMS affiliated dramatically reduces the insurance component.

[Updated on: Sun, 08 August 2004 23:24]

pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Mon, 09 August 2004 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i vote against tamworth simply because it is further away than dubbo!

its simply too far to go for us SA people
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 10 August 2004 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tamworth for sure.

motorkana is a stack of fun. and wsid is always there for drags Smile

and to boot its 100km closer to newcastle Smile
MR KE70
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 10 August 2004 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
planning about going up how far is dubbo form tammie
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 10 August 2004 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR KE70 wrote on Wed, 11 August 2004 00:29

planning about going up how far is dubbo form tammie

Around 350km. Smile
NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Fri, 13 August 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is the actual tally so far, for and against?
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Sat, 28 August 2004 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PUT ME DOWN FOR DUBBO Smile LOVED IT THE LAST TWO YEARS, AND I WANNA LOVE IT AGAIN NEXT YEAR Very Happy
Bluewire
Regular

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 31 August 2004 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I also vote against Tamworth simply because it is further away than Dubbo!
I am planning to go in 2005 because i mist out last year, but if it in Tamworth next year well its to far to go for me.

Remember this is the Toyota Nats and must be central for every one.Thats why it was decided back in the late 70s that DUBBO was the best venue...

Its simply too far to go for us SA and WA people
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 31 August 2004 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NOT162 wrote on Thu, 05 August 2004 20:47

I like tamworth. not because it will take an hour or two off the trip but because it will bring back what the nats are all about, driving events (and a good pi55 up). anyone can race in a straight line, no offence anyone, but circuits/motorkhanas/GTW put your driving skills to the test. i'm sure that will keep toyota oz happy. if you are patient enough, you can wait till 2006 for the drags to return in tamworth.

Straight line is not about driving ability - straight line is ALL about vehicle performance. Anyone can race around witchs hats too and like drags some will be betterererer at it than otherers Razz

Power delivery is something that will be difficult to handle on a MK or circuit in my car (with SWB and a few ponies under foot) - if it's on though, I will be there and I will be having fun with friends.

Bring on the burnouts too!
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 31 August 2004 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, Wakefield Park eventually got back to us. $3200 for track booking, $800 insurance plus ambulance plus a few other costs place it well and truly outside the 2005 budget AND, the track is booked out for Easter 2005 anyway. Still, worth asking the question though.

A week ago we did a flying visit to Tamworth to check out the venues, hotels and the town in general. It took 3.5 hours from Newcastle and with the exception of a few State Government money boxes (aka speed cameras) the road is excellent. The town itself is bright and modern looking with many parks to choose from for show and shine. One in particular is only a street away from the tows center, has lots of shaded seating, toilets and with swings nearby for those with kids.

We then headed out to the motorsport complex which is about 10 mins outside of town. The complex consists of a large grass area that is more than suitable for grass events, a go-kart track that we'll use as a GTW strip and a burnout pad that was being upgraded when we were there. The complex has 2 canteens and good toilet facilities.

The motel has 60 rooms all at different levels of comfort from the basic 2 singles to family up to deluxe units. There are even 2 really big rooms (sleep 6-8) in the corner of the motel that can be reserved for the singalong x-dressing crowd (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!). There are plenty of car parks and even space for car trailers. The other excellent thing about this place is they have their own conference room right there; that's right, no need to drive.

At our meeting on Monday night we all voted that the event will move to Tamworth in 2005. We appreciate it may be further for some but we believe the move is the best interest of the event long-term. As soon as we have confirmed the hotel booking and prices we will get the info up on our site so people can start booking. We'll also get as much up on the track and proposed show and shine location as well.

All respective clubs will be notified soon in addition to a mail out to previous entrants.

Cheers.

[Updated on: Tue, 31 August 2004 22:59]

wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 31 August 2004 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some of the SA people won't like this.
The WA people probably won't care either way because its the otherside of the country, 3hours isn't going to make much difference.

A question for the SA people:
How long do you think it would take to get from Adelaide to Dubbo?
I recently did the trip from Adelaide to Sydney (Pretty sure I met you at the luch meeting Bluewire). Left Adelaide at 8:30am local time & got back to Sydney at about midnight.
I've also driven from Adelaide to Moree (north west of Tamworth) which took me 17 hours.

If I had a nice car, I wouldn't be planning on driving at night anyway, too many Skippys to hit Razz

So this would make the trip 2 days for either Dubbo or Tamworth, just the 2nd day is longer for the Tamworth option.

Thanks for the reply & research Grant, hopefully it can be bigger & better than this years.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 01 September 2004 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woohoo Smile

i think that tamworth will be an awesome place for it

also being that its closer to the coast where half of the aust population live
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 01 September 2004 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EMP-2TG wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 08:40

woohoo Smile

i think that tamworth will be an awesome place for it

also being that its closer to the coast where half of the aust population live

Are you gonna budget more than $100 this time?
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 01 September 2004 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lets hope so Laughing
3t-RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 01 September 2004 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wagonist wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 08:57

Some of the SA people won't like this.
The WA people probably won't care either way because its the otherside of the country, 3hours isn't going to make much difference.

I think any type of move would have upset someone.
What we need to see is the guys have moved it for a reason, and as I said before if moving the event now puts it in a better position for the years to come than we need to do it. I think we need to give the Toy Nats guys our support. They have put a lot of time and effort into getting this event back, and exceeding what it used to be, and I know from talking with the guys it was not a easy decision to make to move, but it's for the better. Nod
Can't wait until easter '05, bring it on. Evil or Very Mad
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 01 September 2004 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reasons why I have never gone to Toyota Nats:

1. Easter weekend not a very good weekend when you have family commitments.

2. With a fairly stock car I'm not intereseted in Drag racing, so the lure of events was rather lacking (do like the show and shine though).

So if you could run the event in on a different weekend with some more events I'm definately in whereever it is!

[Updated on: Wed, 15 September 2004 04:36]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Fri, 03 September 2004 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*PROTEST PLEASE NOTE*

I am speaking on behalf of my SA bretheren!

Why is the Toynats being moved even further and further away from us down south...

It is now a two day drive to get there, it should be toyqld+nsw not toyota nationals...

A more central location needs to be established!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Fri, 03 September 2004 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Fri, 03 September 2004 13:26

*PROTEST PLEASE NOTE*

Why is the Toynats being moved even further and further away from us down south...

It is now a two day drive to get there, it should be toyqld+nsw not toyota nationals...

Grow Up.

If I can come from WA over there, then you can come from SA.

And FFS, Its ONLY 3 hours (I think)
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Fri, 03 September 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

How many people turn up to the Nats?

Are we talking dozens or hundreds or what? Does the place bulge with Toyota-heads or not? Do you get many visitors coming to see the cars, or is it mostly the owner-drivers who attend?

Can anyone who's been to the Nats please enlighten me.

seeyuzz
river
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Fri, 03 September 2004 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 03 September 2004 15:38

MR 1GGTE wrote on Fri, 03 September 2004 13:26

*PROTEST PLEASE NOTE*

Grow Up.

If I can come from WA over there, then you can come from SA.

And FFS, Its ONLY 3 hours (I think)

Yeah i know Razz

Im just having a little old bitch!
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Fri, 03 September 2004 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,

the event organisers have looked at what is best for the event. the events they are running have been chosen by the people who have actually attended the event. a poll is handed out at the end of each event, and tamworth is the venue that can offer the events that people want.

As for the distance thing... with Newcastle (almost half the total entrants), Sydney and queensland making up most the entrants.... you have to go with the majority of the clientele.

It's the same for me, i love the drags.... and with the new paint job i aint that keen to put my car on the dirt, but i think the change of events is best for the majority and the future of the event, so i am supporting it 100%.

Cheers
Stew
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Mon, 06 September 2004 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My $0.02 worth.

The last time I checked I was still on the orgainising comittee for the TOYOTA Nationals and this is the first I have heard anything official about the event moving. Whispers were abound at Dubbo (Easter 04) but nothing was being confirmed. It would be nice to be kept in the loop particularly if I am still supposed to be on the orgainising committee. Maybe I am no longer on the committee, hence my lack of knowledge regarding this matter.

I would personally prefer the event to stay in Dubbo due to the history that the event has there.

The support the event has with autObarn, the Dubbo Police, the Dubbo Council and being totally accepted by the Matilda Motor Inn will take years to build again should the event move to Tamworth.

There are ample places to hold Motorkhana's around Dubbo as Motorkhana's were the very basis (apart from the Show'N'Shine) for this event to start with since the inception of the Nationals in 1976. (No..... I havent been around this event that long)

As for Go-to-Whoa and Burnout events I have orgainised and run these events before at the TOYOTA Nationals (including an 8 year employment with SUMMERNATS) and it is all a matter of coordination with the local authorities and Council.

The committee has had a hard time since 11/9/01 thanks to skyrocketing insurance prices but that doesn't mean thing can't be done.

I too would love to see more standard/less modified cars at the event but that doesn't mean that I don't apprectiate the hard yakka that goes into build some of the toughest TOYOTA's in the country.

John S
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 07 September 2004 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought the Toyota Nationals Inc was run only by Paul, Grant and Dave? Who are you?
3t-RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 07 September 2004 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celica28 wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 13:40

My $0.02 worth.

The last time I checked I was still on the orgainising comittee for the TOYOTA Nationals and this is the first I have heard anything official about the event moving. Whispers were abound at Dubbo (Easter 04) but nothing was being confirmed. It would be nice to be kept in the loop particularly if I am still supposed to be on the orgainising committee. Maybe I am no longer on the committee, hence my lack of knowledge regarding this matter.

I would personally prefer the event to stay in Dubbo due to the history that the event has there.

The support the event has with autObarn, the Dubbo Police, the Dubbo Council and being totally accepted by the Matilda Motor Inn will take years to build again should the event move to Tamworth.

There are ample places to hold Motorkhana's around Dubbo as Motorkhana's were the very basis (apart from the Show'N'Shine) for this event to start with since the inception of the Nationals in 1976. (No..... I havent been around this event that long)

As for Go-to-Whoa and Burnout events I have orgainised and run these events before at the TOYOTA Nationals (including an 8 year employment with SUMMERNATS) and it is all a matter of coordination with the local authorities and Council.

The committee has had a hard time since 11/9/01 thanks to skyrocketing insurance prices but that doesn't mean thing can't be done.

I too would love to see more standard/less modified cars at the event but that doesn't mean that I don't apprectiate the hard yakka that goes into build some of the toughest TOYOTA's in the country.

Just my $0.02 worth.

If you were on the organizing committee, how come I didn't see you at the drags on the Sunday Question . Paul and Dave were there as well as competing and Grant had to go home due to work commitments but I don't recall seeing you there, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Keeping the event in Dubbo due to history doesn't help the event grow. No No No

autObarn weren't even interested when we turned up after the show'n'shine at the Toyota yard, even asking 8thsin the leave because it was taking up space and as far as prizes for the presentation dinner Dave and myself had to purchase those before we left and I have heard about a head unit that still has not been supplied. Sad
As far as the police I think we got targeted a bit this year. If you were doing something wrong fair enough, but a few were getting pull over and booked for minor things. Sad
The Matilda motor inn is pretty good out in the new back area but no real discount on prices after all the years we have been going there. If I had one of the rooms out the front I would only be wanting to pay half the rate. Sad

The year I seen the Motorkhana it was run in a paddock that the council had slashed the day before. The go-to-whoa and burnouts were held on a access road or something like that. I'm pretty sure that the local authorities won't allow this, the councils insurance won't allow this and the Nationals insurance won't allow this. No No No

And with all that in mind I know thats why the committee are looking to move the event so as to bring the event in to the future and bring it to a new standard. Nod

Neil.

[Updated on: Tue, 07 September 2004 02:30]

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 07 September 2004 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Having only been to the toynats twice, I havn't had much to do with the event, and only know of its history from what i've been told.

But I doubt that you will find the police to be any more forgiving in tamworth. I also don't think that too many hotels will be happy with the amount of bullshit that goes on by all us national entrants.

I did not know of any sour news about autobarn, and they had been more than happy to to discount any item i purchased over the weekend, sometimes a little more generous than advertised. Very Happy

I do how ever think that more events would would bolster the reputation of the toyota nationals, surely something could be worked out with the city council after all the years its hosted the toynats??

If not, then i guess maybe moving to tamworth is on the cards. Confused

[Updated on: Tue, 07 September 2004 08:57]

celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 07 September 2004 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phill your help in previous years with sponsorship was well appreciated.

However due to the ISSUES with sponsorship from last year the marketing of the event is being handled with the advice of a marketing consultant .And ALL Sponsorship is being handled by myself and the rest of the event run by the other guys

i would prefer not to post publicly why we have NOT asked you find sponsorship in the future. if you would like to discuss this feel free to call me on 0425750038

As i have already said thanks for help in previous years but the event has to be taken to a more proffesional level

We have ALWAYS been clear in regard to WHO the toyota Nationals comittee is

Dave McNeil ,Paul Holmes ,Grant Blundell and now Matt Bentley .

we also recieved considerable help from Craig Stitt and Nat

The growth of the event relies on offering the people that ACTUALLY attend the event ,the type of events that THEY want

hence the introduction of a hybrid catagory to accomodate the non Toyota powered Toyotas and Toyota powered non toyota vehicles ....(yep we changed the rules to help accomodate those that where unhappy) Very Happy

It is simply not possible to offer anything other than show n shine and drags at Dubbo .Both the law and insurance issues prevent this .

The go to whoa and burnout event that I organised previously cannot be run under the same conditions .

Dubbo offers
*cramped expensive accomodation (with issue from managment and entrants regarding noise)

*VERY little support from local council

*a 2 hour return drive to the drags

*not enough room for show n shine

* shitty roads
* locusts

the issues we had to deal with this year where .
1. parking and security
2 more events
3. noise at motel
4. not enough room for show n shine
5 lack of facilities at the drags

tamworth offers

1.a huge motel with the huge conference centre attached (no more driving to the presentation dinner)

2. heaps of parking good security

3. no noise issues . we have even booked two huge rooms away from the rest of the rooms for the toymods boys to party in Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy (told you all we would find a solution..party hard boys).and the motel staff are cool about that .

we may even be able to provide bar facilities .....(yet to be confirmed)...gota look after everyones interest

4. plenty of room for show n shine

5.MUCH better facilities at the track and a VERY short drive to the track

6.more events go to whoa burnout and motorkhana
and the probability of drags at future events .

at a recent meeting the organisers decided to listen to ALL suggestions and complaints . and to the best of our ability
"Give em what they want "

The event IS being held at Tamworth in 2005.
accomodation has been booked as has the track (details will be available on the webpage at a later date)

It is Simply not possible to find a venue that will satisfy everyone .The event has been placed as close as possible to the MAJORITY that have previously attended the event

Other venues will ALWAYS be considered .if a better venue is found we will move the event there .
We are trying to offer the best for the event and is supporters not INDIVIDUALS

hope to see you all there Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 07 September 2004 09:53]

cheese_cracka
Regular

June 2004
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 07 September 2004 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy very very happy right now!!
Trent-KE30
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 07 September 2004 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd have to agree with cheese cracker, im very happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 07 September 2004 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celicamad wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 19:37

Phill your help in previous years with sponsorship was well appreciated.

However due to the ISSUES with sponsorship from last year the marketing of the event is being handled with the advice of a marketing consultant .And ALL Sponsorship is being handled by myself and the rest of the event run by the other guys

i would prefer not to post publicly why we have NOT asked you find sponsorship in the future. if you would like to discuss this feel free to call me on 0425750038

As i have already said thanks for help in previous years but the event has to be taken to a more proffesional level

We have ALWAYS been clear in regard to WHO the toyota Nationals comittee is

Dave McNeil ,Paul Holmes ,Grant Blundell and now Matt Bentley .

we also recieved considerable help from Craig Stitt and Nat

The growth of the event relies on offering the people that ACTUALLY attend the event ,the type of events that THEY want

hence the introduction of a hybrid catagory to accomodate the non Toyota powered Toyotas and Toyota powered non toyota vehicles ....(yep we changed the rules to help accomodate those that where unhappy) Very Happy

It is simply not possible to offer anything other than show n shine and drags at Dubbo .Both the law and insurance issues prevent this .

The go to whoa and burnout event that I organised previously cannot be run under the same conditions .

Dubbo offers
*cramped expensive accomodation (with issue from managment and entrants regarding noise)

*VERY little support from local council

*a 2 hour return drive to the drags

*not enough room for show n shine

* shitty roads
* locusts

the issues we had to deal with this year where .
1. parking and security
2 more events
3. noise at motel
4. not enough room for show n shine
5 lack of facilities at the drags

tamworth offers

1.a huge motel with the huge conference centre attached (no more driving to the presentation dinner)

2. heaps of parking good security

3. no noise issues . we have even booked two huge rooms away from the rest of the rooms for the toymods boys to party in Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy (told you all we would find a solution..party hard boys).and the motel staff are cool about that .

we may even be able to provide bar facilities .....(yet to be confirmed)...gota look after everyones interest

4. plenty of room for show n shine

5.MUCH better facilities at the track and a VERY short drive to the track

6.more events go to whoa burnout and motorkhana
and the probability of drags at future events .

at a recent meeting the organisers decided to listen to ALL suggestions and complaints . and to the best of our ability
"Give em what they want "

The event IS being held at Tamworth in 2005.
accomodation has been booked as has the track (details will be available on the webpage at a later date)

It is Simply not possible to find a venue that will satisfy everyone .The event has been placed as close as possible to the MAJORITY that have previously attended the event

Other venues will ALWAYS be considered .if a better venue is found we will move the event there .
We are trying to offer the best for the event and is supporters not INDIVIDUALS

hope to see you all there Very Happy

i like the idea of tamworth.. now willowbank would be better :_P
cheese_cracka
Regular

June 2004
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 07 September 2004 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so whos actually gunna be comin to tha nats? coz im lookin forward to meetin all u guys and gals
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 07 September 2004 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im comin in my soarer
20valve69corona
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 07 September 2004 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm coming , hopefully in the corona Sad
Bradelz
Regular

June 2004
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 07 September 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey all,
as i live in tamworth this is some awesome shit! you all can come out too our toyota car yard at moore creek 15 minutes outta town on a small farm!! with this show n shine and events do you have to be a member of toymods to enter these competitions?
brad
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 07 September 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well im damn happy to read all that
i for 1 cant wait to go to tamworth Very Happy
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 07 September 2004 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you do not have to be a member of any club .

The Toyota Nationals is NOT a Toymods event
it is however well supported by toymods .And all members and friends are invited to attend

To enter ALL you need to have a Toyota powered Toyota
otherwise a hybrid catagory has been created for Toyota powered cars or non Toyota powered Toyotas

stay tuned as we are looking at the possiblility of other grass events or activities .we will inform you as we progress

glad to see you guys approve

celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 07 September 2004 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whoops almost forgot we intend looking at the possability of holding a drag day .

at this stage at Eastern Creek or WSID. if these are a success then we will look at other states in the future .

if anyone has any info or experience with such an event please email me .

hopefully this will fill the void for the keen drag racers Very Happy
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 07 September 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheese_cracka wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 21:12

so whos actually gunna be comin to tha nats? coz im lookin forward to meetin all u guys and gals

I will be there. Hafta cancel my booking at Matilda for easter '05.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 07 September 2004 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YelloRolla wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 23:14

cheese_cracka wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 21:12

I will be there. Hafta cancel my booking at Matilda for easter '05.

u booked that far ahead? devotion
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 07 September 2004 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did i miss something?
I havent been watching this thread...
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 07 September 2004 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 00:37

did i miss something?
I havent been watching this thread...

they said u can drive ur little fordly toyota ass to nationals and have said grudge matches
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be quite happy with going to Tamworth. Sounds like the ToyNats will be the biggest and best they've ever been. I guess I'll have to book accommodation soon...
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag 7799 -
Yep. Very Happy I am not the only person who booked next year when they were checking out.

Toyota Nationals is a tops weekend. Cool

[Updated on: Wed, 08 September 2004 00:28]

Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We still have a few pricing issues to confirm with the hotel but as soon as that's done we will release details so people can start booking.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whoa, thanks guys. Shocked
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this will be my first nats for me
but wherever it is ill be there
i would like dubbo cos bathurst is on the way and the drags on sunday

but wateva it is it will be good
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neil,

Since when was it compulsory to attend all events. I didn't attend the drags as I am not interested in drag racing. It is that simple. Getting up me for my opinion is not what I thought you were about.

Paul,

Thanks for the clarification. Things have shifted since we spoke on the Sunday night at the Matilda.

3t-RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celica28 wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 13:24

Neil,

Since when was it compulsory to attend all events. I didn't attend the drags as I am not interested in drag racing. It is that simple. Getting up me for my opinion is not what I thought you were about.

Paul,

Thanks for the clarification. Things have shifted since we spoke on the Sunday night at the Matilda.

Phil,
Since you made the point that you were still a committee member but had not idea what was going on regarding the changes to the event. I know that it's not compulsory to attend all the events, but as an involved committee member I just thought you would have been there to help out during the day. Rolling Eyes
As far as getting up you, I don't think so, was just pointing out my $0.02 worth after your first paragraph having a shot at the guys/friends who put a lot of time, effort and money in (as well as you I know). Comments like that you should have taken up with Dave, Paul & Grant directly and not through this forum. Your opinion is your opinion and mine is mine, and as far as what you thought I was a about, who knows, I don't even know what I'm about. Evil or Very Mad

Neil.
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3t-RA40 wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 15:11

Your opinion is your opinion and mine is mine, and as far as what you thought I was a about, who knows, I don't even know what I'm about. Evil or Very Mad

Neil.

what are you about neil Rolling Eyes
or hasn't your wife told you yet Laughing Laughing
3t-RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Troy,

Now last time you made silly comments your car only made it half way to Dubbo, how close do you want it to get Tamworth before it won't return, it can be arranged Evil or Very Mad. Or is your wife not letting you go to Tamworth? I ask her for you if your to scared Twisted Evil.
And GT4 from mild to wild Laughing. Maybe GT4 from mild to luke warm Very Happy.

[Updated on: Wed, 08 September 2004 06:13]

1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3t-RA40 wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 16:10

Troy,

Now last time you made silly comments your car only made it half way to Dubbo, how close do you want it to get Tamworth before it won't return, it can be arranged Evil or Very Mad

no more dubbo driving fears Nope
tamworth seems a better idea ( and more to look at
on the side on the road if I get stuck again Nod )
and I'll tell my wife I'm going when I'm not too scared Razz
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what are the categories?

Is one for non-toyota-powered toyotas and the other:

toyota-powered non toyotas?

Or is there just the one category?

Blake
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There will be 1 hybrid trophy for each driving event only.

hey Neil if troys car is actually coming to dubbo this year then the Red Celica must be going to be finished too Laughing Laughing

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celicamad wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 17:50

There will be 1 hybrid trophy for each driving event only.

hey Neil if troys car is actually coming to dubbo this year then the Red Celica must be going to be finished too Laughing Laughing

ok so its just the one class
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet i'll be there and looking to get the GTW and drags trophy then. Very Happy
As for grass driving,not a good idea in this car <--
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
there will not be a drags trophey to take home....

is that toy of yours registered?

are non-regoed cars allowed at the nats?

stew
Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:» OCTOBER LONG WEEKEND (3rd)... TOYOTA Fest!
Next Topic:AUTOBARN SHOW N' SHINE COMPETITION - Sunday 24th October 2004
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:59:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011550903320312 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.