Toymods » Cruises and Events » Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is 8th sin regoed?
Confused
  Send a private message to this user    
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah 8yh sin is regoed....

Nabil, the guy who owns it is very serious bout keeping it legal too. well legalish..... as modified cars go.

stew
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing

hes a top bloke! but id love to see that thing over the pits getting an inspection!

love the car but Very Happy
NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Personally I don't really care where the hell the Toyota Nationals will be held as long as there is one. You can bet your bottom dollar that Sonia and I will be there again with more support from us QLDers hopefully next year. We might have some trouble beating the TOYMODS for participant numbers but we'll give it a go. Razz

Not Sure about this Hybrid class though. I'm all for Toyota bodied vehicles regardless of what engine powers it but I wouldn't expect to see a Toyota at a Ferrari Nationals if there is one. Confused Confused
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is kind of a "where do you draw the line" thing to happen. IMO, whats different about my ford motor than a turbo corona say with a 9" ford diff?? its still a major part that makes it go...

Either way im glad you guys have chosen to re-consider. WOuld be even better if there were seperate classes for the toyota chassis with different motor and toyota in different make. but hey, you now have my support that i will be there with bells on next year Smile
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Be afraid of the toyota powered non toyotas - be VERY afraid.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ive heard the navara is supposed to be rather nasty! Shocked
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 21:11

yeah ive heard the navara is supposed to be rather nasty! Shocked

i think thats the understatement of the year Laughing the thing is a weapon!
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

hes a top bloke! but id love to see that thing over the pits getting an inspection!

love the car but

i wouldnt like a pit inspection on 90% of the cars entered.
under nsw law you must run an airbox .no externally venting BOV .and factory ecu
and tamworth is NSW

Quote:

i think thats the understatement of the year the thing is a weapon!

yeah 11.3 with wheelspin ...LOTS....and missed 3rd gear
oh yeah and more power since then .....roll on 10s

still loved watching it wheelspin the dyno and then the dyno start to overheat

regarding non regoed cars uummm well thats definatley the rule regarding toyotas .

For hybrid im not sure .But i think road registered is the only fair way to go otherwise you could have a toyota bike engine powered go-kart

suggestions??????

[Updated on: Wed, 08 September 2004 12:37]

Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont write off Craigs VK commodore either. 11's are coming.
3t-RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celicamad wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 22:36

regarding non regoed cars uummm well thats definatley the rule regarding toyotas .

For hybrid im not sure .But i think road registered is the only fair way to go otherwise you could have a toyota bike engine powered go-kart

suggestions??????

Where do you draw the line, that's a hard one Rolling Eyes .
Have all cars in the past required to be registered?
If you leave the hybrid class open will we see a supra turn up with a 3000hp blown door slammer engine? ( a bit far fetched but do you get my point Confused ) Interesting to see but is that what the event is about.
Suggestions - I think even if they go on a trailer they should be road registered.

celicamad wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 17:50

hey Neil if troys car is actually coming to dubbo this year then the Red Celica must be going to be finished too

Hey Paul the next one is at Tamworth, remember Rolling Nod .
Troy would be dumb enough to head to Dubbo again Twisted Evil .
And your Red Celica is going to be finished Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing stop it my stomach hurts Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Luv Neil

[Updated on: Thu, 09 September 2004 05:50]

1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 08 September 2004 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3t-RA40 wrote on Thu, 09 September 2004 09:00

celicamad wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 17:50

hey Neil if troys car is actually coming to dubbo this year then the Red Celica must be going to be finished too

Hey Paul the next one is at Tamworth, remember Rolling Nod .
Troy would be dumb to head to Dubbo again Twisted Evil .
And your Red Celica is going to be finished Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing stop it my stomach hurts Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Luv Neil

thanks Neil - your all heart hehehe maybe I
like the scenary on the way to Dubbo Razz Rolling Eyes Laughing

Paul, not a bad idea to finish the red celica for
Tamworth as we are going to new something to sit on
Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Thu, 09 September 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you'll find as a condition of the event insurance that entrants to the competitive events must be road registered. This is a kind of minimum engineering requirement, as in off street drag meets.

celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Thu, 09 September 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heheheheee been saying Dubbo for so long Laughing
troy i have to come cant have Dave beating you and not
me Twisted Evil ....alhtough i might need those twin 4 spot brakes now for go to whoa

Matt your correct i checked! ALL vehicles must be road registered

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Thu, 09 September 2004 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah well hopefully i shine at the burnout comp Wink
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Thu, 09 September 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
burnout comp aye, Smile sounds like gearbox breaking fun!

celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Thu, 09 September 2004 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

ah well hopefully i shine at the burnout comp

good luck ....youll need it !!! Smile

The VK commodore is good for IMHO around 250 kw @ wheels with BUCKET loads of torque

and the JT ute .....Jamie is crazy and LOVES burnouts .

hmmmmm over 500 h.p @wheels (so far and easter is lond way away )
and a serious diff with HUGE rubber .

ive seen him pop six solid 3rd gear dohnuts on about a 10m pad and Tamworth pad is HUGE!!!!!!!!!

and both of these cars are hybrids

heheheeee should be a good show down twin turbo vs single turbo vs v8 ....hardly seems fair
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Thu, 09 September 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah well, ill give it my best shot Smile at LEAST i have a toyota shell! Very Happy
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Thu, 09 September 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe the Navara has a line lock kit too. And jamie has been known to engage 4th gear during "test runs".

captain chaos
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 14 September 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when you say "hybrids" i just think of robocop Laughing
i still believe troy should recieve a trophy for the biggest burnout at 'nats 04.
...be afraid of the hybrids??? yep, good advice Very Happy
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 15 September 2004 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NOT162 wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 20:05

Not Sure about this Hybrid class though. I'm all for Toyota bodied vehicles regardless of what engine powers it but I wouldn't expect to see a Toyota at a Ferrari Nationals if there is one. Confused Confused

I'm with you on this one, it's not like you identify cars by the engine...

"I was driving down the road and this damn 3SGE ran a red light."

If it's got a Toyota body it's a Toyota, if it's got a Honda body it's a Honda, If it's got a Holden body it's a piece of crap! (Hey who said that! Twisted Evil )
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 15 September 2004 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats the beauty of the hybrid class they will be judged seperatly to Toyotas .

So if they want to drive all the way to Tamworth to be recognised as the feral inbred bastards that they are then fine .

note :
you can usually spot a hybrid driver by the scar on one shoulder(from where the second head was removed)

or the two string banjo or moonshine in the boot

be warned though some 4wd Celica drivers may personally fall into the hybrid class but the cars do not Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing JOKES!!!
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Thu, 16 September 2004 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hybrids was a dilemma. As a few have pointed out; where do you draw the line. For example, if we allowed anything with a Toyota body to enter ie Supra with a Chev V8, Celica with a rotary etc, and then one of those "Toyotas" wins an event, I have absolutely no doubt there would be a load of pissed off people saying the car wasn't really a Toyota and winning wasn't fair (and don't anyone say it wouldn't happen because we all know it would).

It was also pointed out during the dyno day thread that it seemed a bit of double standard to run a Toyota Nationals Inc dyno comp allowing anything with a Toyota engine to enter but then exclude those same cars from the Toyota Nationals itself.

Prior to the dyno day my solution was to make the event Toyota and Toyota only. Not very progressive but seemed the only real solution. After the dyno day though we agreed it would be a bit rough not to allow the non-Toyota bodied cars to enter the Nationals when they had already been involved in an official Toyota Nationals Inc event.

We reasoned the final solution was to create a Hybrid category. These cars are anything other then a fully-fledged Toyota. They would be set apart from the main SNS and will compete in their own category and a trophy awarded for each ie one trophy for hybrid SNS, one for hybrid GTW and so on. At any rate, I really can't see a flood of hybrids coming to the Nationals as I'm sure most hardened Holden or Nissan owners wouldn't be caught dead at a Toyota event even if they do have a 1J.
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Thu, 16 September 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celicamad wrote on Wed, 15 September 2004 19:49

be warned though some 4wd Celica drivers may personally fall into the hybrid class but the cars do not Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing JOKES!!!

thats harsh paul, I thought you liked dave Laughing Laughing Laughing
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 21 September 2004 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just for clarification - which Hotel are the entrants staying at?

I would like to make my booking now for the more "rowdy" Toymodders by taking your suggestions Grant, i really dont want to upset anyone by being too close to the families and "sleepers". Razz

I'll email you personally if you would rather....

P.S. to all those SA people who are complaining about the extra distance... guys its just a couple of hours! You are talking about the difference between watching Lord of the Rings or not!

Hell if you southerners were organised im sure you could all band together and make a 2 day road trip out of it! How much fun would that be?

[Updated on: Tue, 21 September 2004 13:34]

SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 22 September 2004 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I lost interest in this thread a while ago through all the OT shit in it, only just now came back.

So it is DEFINATELY going to be in Tamworth?

I'll have to unbook the Matilda. Hope they don't bill my CC.
captain chaos
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 22 September 2004 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
be careful how you throw around the term hybrid, because i know of a shirtload of toyota vehicles running FORD 9 inch diffs, HOLDEN trimatic g'boxs, (this will hurt Very Happy ) and VOLVO rear ends. At the end of the day, it really doesnt matter because it is the Toyota element that is being celebrated.... Long live the Hybrid Technology!
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 22 September 2004 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KARL, still negotiating a slightly better rate for rooms; waiting on final pricing. Will announce as soon as pricing is fixed.

PETE, they won't charge you. They only do that if you cancel less than a week before.

CC, good point. We will have to be very clear as to the categories of original, contemporary (think we'll change that name; sounds wanky), modified and hybrid.
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Thu, 23 September 2004 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Grant

Just to let you know I dropped into Tamworth on the way to Grafton last Saturday. As you know I am still lean toward Dubbo due to personal reasons more than anything serious. However, after taking the time to have a quick look around the place I was really nicely surprised on the set up and the great attitude of the locals. I even called into the Info centre and grabbed some tourist brochures and maps to get an idea of what Tam is all about. They sure are more friendly than the some of the Dubbo locals!

Would you believe the Inaugural 1st Chrysler Nationals (1st would you believe!) were being held there at Cross Park and their Shownshine was great. The locals had even turned out with helicopter rides, caravans with hot food and other supporting stuff. Basically, all those we talked to were very supportive of the Yota Nationals. So just to lend a bit of support from a true Southerner, I think we can still convince a lot of our CCG brethrin to make the extra effort to go to Tam. It must have been a good sign, as when I entered Tamworth I saw a great looking maroon 23 (plate was HER.???)! Anyway just thought I would let you know that if Tams the place then we will see you there!
Cheers
Mitch

scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Fri, 24 September 2004 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wasnt a 22 with the plate her 073 was it

as seen here

http://toymods.org.au/gallery//displayimage.php?po s=-808
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Mon, 27 September 2004 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is some pics of Oakburn Park in action. Oakburn park is the venue for driving events at the 2005 Toyota Nationals. Go to Whoa will be held on the straight of the drift circuit.

Unfortunately - cost prohibits us from holding a drift or circuit event this year, but if the masses speak loud enough it can be a definate for 2006.

Local Skyline - Back section

http://www.users.tpg.com.au/yojimbo/oakburn/Oakburn_drift.jpg

Local Skyline - Enter the main straight

http://www.users.tpg.com.au/yojimbo/oakburn/Oakburn_drift2.jpg

Local Skyline - on the hairpin

http://www.users.tpg.com.au/yojimbo/oakburn/Oakburn_drift3.jpg

Local Skyline - back straight approaching the hairpin

http://www.users.tpg.com.au/yojimbo/oakburn/Oakburn_drift4.jpg

Pit lane - Best of r32's

http://www.users.tpg.com.au/yojimbo/oakburn/pit_lane.jpg

Barbie Drifts hard !
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/yojimbo/oakburn/drift_barbie.jpg

This could be us 86's and celicas/supras, not stinking skylines !!- think about it for the future.

TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Mon, 27 September 2004 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Daniel
Yep thats the one! Looks very low and cool on the road, Do yoiy know the owner? I asume they were loacal Tam? Hope to have a better look next Easter eh!
Cheers
Mitch
cheese_cracka
Regular

June 2004
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Mon, 27 September 2004 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHA thats charlies fully sik kermit green festiva.....that things so gay....
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 29 September 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, I think I'm gonna like next year's ToyNat's. Very Happy Some good pics... is that designed to be a go-kart track? Rolling Eyes
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 29 September 2004 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please note we are only holding go to whoa on this track in 2005.

Hopefully though this will wet the tastebuds enough to secure commitment for circuit work the year after.

Yes it is a go cart track, however as you can see it is plenty big enough to have some fun on.

If we support in good numbers the Tamworth Sporting Car club have a 2.3 kilometre car circuit in construction and they may have that finished in 2007. It all about convincing local council that it is an assett to town (ie. attracts visitors).

cheese_cracka
Regular

June 2004
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Thu, 21 October 2004 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive jus herd some unconfirmed rumours that who ever tha hell runs oakburn will be banning drifting around tha circuit!!!!!!
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Thu, 21 October 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This has been an issue for a while and is a result of irresponsible drivers not taking due car on the track or cleaning up the mess / damage that is done to run off areas after a meet.

When we use the track all drivers finish the day with brooms and we sweep the track clean of debris.
Not all groups have been doing this, making the track unsuitable for the other groups to use, mostly the Kart club, who require a perfectly clean circuit - understandably.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Thu, 21 October 2004 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so... um..... any updates?
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Thu, 21 October 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Changes, all is set as advertised.

We have been getting great feedback about the changes for 2005. And we still havent revealed all there is to offer ...

Stay tuned for an update to the nats website in the coming weeks for final details.

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Thu, 21 October 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matt, have you finalised where we are staying, i want to book ASAP so that people can work around the noisy people Smile
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Fri, 22 October 2004 10:40 Go to previous message
vote 1 for the noisy people.........and blue stuff!! Very Happy
Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:» OCTOBER LONG WEEKEND (3rd)... TOYOTA Fest!
Next Topic:AUTOBARN SHOW N' SHINE COMPETITION - Sunday 24th October 2004
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 11:43:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078201293945312 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.