Toymods » Cruises and Events » Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
3t-RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 27 July 2004 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Tue, 27 July 2004 10:41

thats a rourt

What's a rourt Jag7799?
  Send a private message to this user    
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 27 July 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much extra it is for drifting lol
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 27 July 2004 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The cost to drift is not a "rort". It occurs becuase of the need to engage two different organisations (Street machine and CAMS) in order to host the two disciplines (sprint AND MK,GTW etc.)

Motels in Tamworth are Excelent, plenty of variety and very used to catering for groups, at one stage of the year they cater for more than 50000 visitors to town. The people are friendly (including the motorsport clubs), and facilities are first rate and cheap - any time other than CM week.

Cosing is being established for MK and GTW as we type. MOtorkhana may even involve short track dirt oval speedway !!! just for laugh.

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 27 July 2004 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SHORT TRACK SPEEDWAY!!!! Surprised

the more i think about it, the more i think tamworth. The drags can be done anytime if people arent so lazy and actually GO to their local tracks.

I've always wanted to do motorkhana. And as a spectator as much as a driver/competitor i can see a MK being much more fun to waatch.
Imagine the cheers and jeers from people spinning out, ripping it up etc etc!!

Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 27 July 2004 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PLease note: speedway is only an outside chance - the facilities are there - insurance and availabillity will be an issue.

I only mentioned it to show the diversity of event available at the one venue.

Matt
3t-RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 27 July 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Tue, 27 July 2004 14:00

how much extra it is for drifting lol

Yeah, but as Matt explains in his next post it's the cost involved with different organizations having to be engaged for some think like this. Believe it or not it cost a lot (time and money)to arrange an event like this.
Just as a matter of interest, how much would you expect to pay for such an event?
Not trying to be rude just asking.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 27 July 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
May I suggest a new thread be created with a poll?

Options could be:
Tamworth
Dubbo
Don't care, prefer either
Undecided

This could give an idea of how people are thinking, and how close the 2 options are.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 27 July 2004 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh.. i wasnt being a jerk.. just was surprised it cost that much extra per car based on 40 cars
i have no idea how much these things cost
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 27 July 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i second drags all the way..i want to race norbies supra and peewees uzx73 next year Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 27 July 2004 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, then how bout we all go to Tamworth, do all the driving events, and you all drive back to Sydney and we go to WSID Razz Then us Perth guys can drive back home via Melbourne, and you can drive back up to Brisbane Nod
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 27 July 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like a plan

alot less driving for me Smile
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 27 July 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there's a thread on boostcruising for a dedicated booking of the willowbank drags track... i'll get some numbers and update this post...

i'm not suggesting that you shift the event there, but is food for thought if hiring similar venue for similar kind of event:

thread:
<http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?show topic=39513>
(am not sure if you need to register to view thread)

but essential info:
Costs : $73.50 per car entry (this gets Driver and ONE passenger in free of charge) $15 per Spectator entry.

For 60 entries the cost will be $4400 GST inc. This covers the following:
? ANDRA event sanction
? ANDRA competitor levy (Insurance)
? Queens land Ambulance Service cover 9am-3pm
? Fire Rescue cover
? Christmas Tree, incremental Track Timers and Score Boards
? Race Computer
? Staff
? Track equipment.

With respect to spectator entry fees, our normal fee for Test N Tunes is $15. I know that you were keen on keeping it around the $10 mark, however, in order to keep your costs as reasonable as possible I am suggesting that the $15 spectator entry is maintained with Willowbank.

... to summarise:they have hte track from 9am to 3pm, food stall would be available, they've been organising this since May and have 57 paid up entries.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 July 2004 11:13]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 27 July 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*cough* Willowbank is a BIT far dude Razz
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 27 July 2004 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant
For the $140 why go drifting when you can go racing?
Just a thought.
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 27 July 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3t-RA40 wrote on Tue, 27 July 2004 16:18

Just as a matter of interest, how much would you expect to pay for such an event?

Oran Park supersprint cost $150 for the gp course while another club was charging $140 for a sprint on the short course.Some events are as low as $65 while others can be as much as $220.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 27 July 2004 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dubbo drags was $45 or something wasnt it?
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 27 July 2004 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Tue, 27 July 2004 23:25

dubbo drags was $45 or something wasnt it?

not quite...

fees for the 1/8th mile were closer to $85, which was subsidised by Toyota Australia (Thanks Guys).

Breakdown would typically be $50 for ANDRA and the rest some sort of memebershiup fee to the hosting club to cover thier costs + profit.

Matt

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 28 July 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why have all of the suggestions for Wakefield been ignored?

I know the ANSMA insurance doesn't cover circuit events, however the Wakefield track is a private track with it's own insurance. The hire of the track is not anything like cheap but if you could get 40 cars I'm sure the cost could be well under $120 each.

Wakefield has 1/8th mile drags on the straight they also have a hill climb track at the back of the normal circuit.

[Updated on: Wed, 04 August 2004 02:26]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 28 July 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im still thinking tamworth, with a bunch of u all going to WSID straight afterwards to lay down som GRUDGE MATCHES!!!

I know that i would be up for booking some more motel accom in sydney to stay with all those coming to sydney (if they did).

For me, Nationals is the people and atmosphere of being surrounded by heaps of people passionate about the same thing i am - TOYOTAS!!!!
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 28 July 2004 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Wed, 28 July 2004 15:42

Why have all of the suggestions for Wakefield been ignored?

I thought the origanal idea for central NSW was so everyone has to basicly travel the same distance.Would be a long drive for anyone from QLD way,but i wouldn't mind Wakefield.
Tamworth has a decent size airport as well so maybe drags,GTW or motorkhana could be held there if need be as well.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 28 July 2004 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im voting tamworth cause its closer now
Darola
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 28 July 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there all, ive never been to a toyota nationals and want to go to the next one, it would be great if it was in Tamworth so my vote is on Tamworth
hopefully my car is on the road and looking the part (hopefully before christmas this year anyway)

Eddie
(Darola)
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 28 July 2004 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DUBBO cos its close to me family cuz! we love VB down der cuz!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 28 July 2004 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I am in two minds.

Firstly, my car only goes fast in a straight line. (when it is going Rolling Eyes) and I really wouldn't want to take it around corners fast, it just feels like shit basically so I wouldn't be entering any motorkhanas or anything like that.

So I like Dubbo for the drags but as has been said you can do that anywhere.

but I like Tamworth because it is a heap closer.

So all in all I think my vote goes to tamworth especially if they are planning on making a drag strip in the future!

Blake: your car will be finished by next year? Razz j/k
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 28 July 2004 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i had a chat to some of my toyota friends from the mid north coast (nsw) and they said if it was @ tamworth they would make the trip over as its alot closer to the coast
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Thu, 29 July 2004 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we could set up a drag day aswell on the track or somehting somewhere couldnt we?
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Thu, 29 July 2004 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No.

There will be no legal or sanctioned drag racing in Tamworth till 2006.

Bandit
Regular

May 2002
icon6.gif  Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Thu, 29 July 2004 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tamworth sounds like a very good option for the nationals....lot more accomidation options too...hopefully i will be there next year Cool
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Thu, 29 July 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YESS! it WILL be running!
i get my motor bits back tommorow (my new parts) - the cunts still havent paid me the 5k!!

So motor will be assembled in the next fortnite.
Things are coming together slowly, and norbie and myself will be doing the wiring in 4-5 weeks at a guess Very Happy

Blake
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Thu, 29 July 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i sitll have my car.. by 2006.. its gonna be a beast lol
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Sat, 31 July 2004 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One thing that should also be mentioned is that we would likely have the use of a camping area at tamworth .

dont forget at dubbo its a 2 hour return trip to the drags .

one motel that we are going to have a look at has a function room that seats 140 guest . we dont even have to leave the motel .

we have decided to do a run to tamworth check thiungs out and report back in few weeks time
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Sun, 01 August 2004 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
both options are good ..

Pity dubbo cant hold more " events " as itys closer for southerners + westerners to attend
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Sun, 01 August 2004 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celicamad wrote on Sun, 01 August 2004 09:14

we have decided to do a run to tamworth check thiungs out and report back in few weeks time

If you are going to Tamworth then you should go on the 29th of August as the tri-challange super sprint is on that weekend.
Would give you a first hand look at how things are run and what sort of times the cars might do if running there at Easter.
grim boy
Regular

June 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Sun, 01 August 2004 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im with joshstix on this one , why has every one over looked wake feild , you can do track racing , drift , drag , hill climb , wow to go and probly motokana to , plus they have accomadation there and there own insurence , and im sure if you booked the place out for a week end they would cut you a good deal , we hire the track off them a fair bit for testing days for out race car , i can ask them if some one wants
Dennis
ae86 Drifter
Regular

January 2004
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Mon, 02 August 2004 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think tammworth is the go,cos most of us guys may not have HP cars to do drags,variety is good i reckon,gives us the chance to show our skills in the motorkana Smile
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Mon, 02 August 2004 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M.J.H wrote on Sun, 01 August 2004 19:36

If you are going to Tamworth then you should go on the 29th of August as the tri-challange super sprint is on that weekend.
Would give you a first hand look at how things are run and what sort of times the cars might do if running there at Easter.

I am a Memeber of TSCC and have run there on many occasions. We will most likely miss the tri series though.

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Mon, 02 August 2004 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so nothing power display wise would be done at tamworth? No dyno, no drags...a show n shine maybe?

Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Mon, 02 August 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go to whoa , and possibly dyno. Who says Hp is such a disadvantage for skillfull driving events.

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Mon, 02 August 2004 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Special Ed wrote on Mon, 02 August 2004 20:46

Who says Hp is such a disadvantage for skillfull driving events.

Seeing a 700hp Commy tackling a motorkhana in the wet tells me that Laughing
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Mon, 02 August 2004 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem with Wakefield park is we need to attract local sponsors as well as our other sponsors.
we need a show n shine venue and a venue for the presentation dinner .

how far to drive to town for meals or alternative accomodation ??

it is likely we will have use of a portable dyno dynamics dyno for next year this is yet to be confirmed . but is a possability

on the subject

Toyota Nationals dyno day Scotts dyno Newcastle .
Dyno Dynamics dyno in shootout mode

STRICKLY TOYOTA POWERED VEHICLES ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28th August .
Entry forms will be on the webpagehttp://www.toyota-nationals.org.au by the end of the week .limited to 40 cars (first in first served) .

NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY .
cost $65 per car includes lunch .(entries are NOT valid until form AND money is recieved)

Trophy Catagories

best n/a up to 2 litres
best forced induction up to 2 litres

best n/a up to 3 litres
best forced induction up to 3 litres

best over 3 litre vehicle

Best Overall
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Mon, 02 August 2004 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im so in Smile
grim boy
Regular

June 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Mon, 02 August 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celicamad , the track is a 5-10 min drive from the center of town , heaps of places to stay and have the presentation dinner , etc , toy mods already has a sponcer in goulbourn near the track and im sure it wouldnt be hard to find others
Dennis
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 03 August 2004 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll make some enquires but motorkhana and go to whoa and burnouts rated VERY highly on the opinion forms from recent years.

Tamworth is looking good so far for

1. go to whoa
2. motorkhana
3. burnouts
4. dyno (only 90% sure of getting that at this stage)

possible circuit but expensive

But camping facilities are available

brisbane to tamworth ----drive time
vs
Brisbane to wakefield ----drive time

whats the comparison anyone know???

[Updated on: Tue, 03 August 2004 12:18]

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 03 August 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celicamad wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 21:18

<snip>
vs

from MapMaker http://www.travelmate.com.au/

brisbane to tamworth - 576Km - 7:30hrs
(uses New England Hwy)

Brisbane to wakefield - 818 - 11:25hrs
(uses Pacific Hwy)

For comparison, Brisbane to Dubbo is 855 - 11hrs
(via goondiwindi)

my only concern is, statistically, using the Pac hwy means one of us is more likely have an accident on way to or from Wakefield than the other two locations, plus the overtaking lanes generally suck. See <http://www.mynrma.com.au/member_centre/community/t ransport/documents/PacificHighwaySummary2003.pdf> and here <http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/constructionmaintenance/ downloads/phwy_safety_review_0504_dl1.html> for more info about the road.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 03 August 2004 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 22:47

celicamad wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 21:18

<snip>
vs

from MapMaker http://www.travelmate.com.au/

brisbane to tamworth - 576Km - 7:30hrs
(uses New England Hwy)

Brisbane to wakefield - 818 - 11:25hrs
(uses Pacific Hwy)

For comparison, Brisbane to Dubbo is 855 - 11hrs
(via goondiwindi)

my only concern is, statistically, using the Pac hwy means one of us is more likely have an accident on way to or from Wakefield than the other two locations, plus the overtaking lanes generally suck. See <http://www.mynrma.com.au/member_centre/community/t ransport/documents/PacificHighwaySummary2003.pdf> and here <http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/constructionmaintenance/ downloads/phwy_safety_review_0504_dl1.html> for more info about the road.

doing about 10km/hr over s/l we did it in 9... to dubbo
And new england highway is crap road.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 August 2004 12:51]

RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 03 August 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From Brisbane to Tamworth is 577.5km (or almost 8 hours drive according to the map)... Brisbane to Wakefield is just under 860km (or a frazz under 12 hours drive) Confused Source: http://www.whereis.com.au

I wouldn't take too much notice of the drive times, I can drive from Sydney to Ballina if I time it right in 8 hours flat (most of the time it's closer to 9 hours though Rolling Eyes), and that's 750km with three stops.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 03 August 2004 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
long weekend traffic, double-demerit point and heavy police presence would also be a factor in taking the Pac Hwy?

It might be easier/safer (from my experience of driving to Glen Innes regularly) to take New England down to Tamworth and if it's wakefield, then only stop for petrol/smoko in the big-guitar-town.

fwiw: i'm easy for all three locations - i just want to meet/greet some of you folks and gawk at cars-n-shit.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 03 August 2004 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what are the travel figures for VIC people?
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Tue, 03 August 2004 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Melbourne to Wakefield: 671 km.....7hrs 31 mins
Melbourne to Dubbo: 821 km.........9 hrs
Melbourne to Tamworth: 1162km......12hrs 48 mins
According to Travelmate.
JZX90T
Occasional Poster

December 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 04 August 2004 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im not fust cause this will be the first one that I will be going on Cool
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 04 August 2004 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
New England Hway is a much faster and safer road - especially on the easter long weekend.

The basic difference in travelling time is this -

Tamworth is about ...

4 hours closer to Brisbane
4 hours further from Melbourne
and the same travelling time from sydney.

SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 04 August 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What are the statistics of how many people went to Dubbo from the different states?

Also there were people from Canberra too, so they would need to be taken into account.
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 04 August 2004 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For canberra its better to go wakefield
but Canberra to dubbo vs Canberra to tamworth ????

Melbourne well we welcome anyone from melbourne but despite invites we havnt actually had ANYONE enter from Melbourne in the last few years

Brisbane boys have had the long slog for 26 years now . and have shown outstanding support for the event

its also close to Tamworth for Newcastle which actually represent almost HALF of last years entrants

Sydney well its about the same distance with no locusts

weve asked wakefield for a quote .and will consider the options

ACT are good for around 10 entrants each year

Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 04 August 2004 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
According to the wakefeild web page, the track hire is 3 times the cost quoted by TSCC.

How much do you want to spend ?

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 04 August 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Special Ed wrote on Wed, 04 August 2004 20:42

According to the wakefeild web page, the track hire is 3 times the cost quoted by TSCC.

How much do you want to spend ?

5 dorrah!

i vote for somewhere in qld lol
supra1978
Regular

February 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Wed, 04 August 2004 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celicamad,

I think I was the only entrant from Melbourne this year. You never know, there may be a few entries from Melbourne next year.

Richard
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Thu, 05 August 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'll be having some entrants from Perth hopefully Razz

My house -> Dubbo
3916.56 km 52 Hrs 57 Mins
My house -> Tamworth
4256.14 km 58 Hrs 38 Mins

We win Very Happy I don't mind personally. We'll be driving to Sydney first anyway, and its the same distance to either from there.
NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Thu, 05 August 2004 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like tamworth. not because it will take an hour or two off the trip but because it will bring back what the nats are all about, driving events (and a good pi55 up). anyone can race in a straight line, no offence anyone, but circuits/motorkhanas/GTW put your driving skills to the test. i'm sure that will keep toyota oz happy. if you are patient enough, you can wait till 2006 for the drags to return in tamworth.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Fri, 06 August 2004 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I like tamworth. not because it will take an hour or two off the trip but because it will bring back what the nats are all about, driving events (and a good pi55 up). anyone can race in a straight line, no offence anyone, but circuits/motorkhanas/GTW put your driving skills to the test. i'm sure that will keep toyota oz happy. if you are patient enough, you can wait till 2006 for the drags to return in tamworth.

I agree with this.
There are registered drag strips in each state with the same setup, timing, etc. The track surfaces & temps might vary a bit though.

Interstate rivals can have "grudge" matches by posting up timeslips.

There is no way to do this with a motorkhana, each track is unique.

Gives us handling guys a chance at something instead of the Old Pac, Putty Rd, (insert relevant state's roads, which Adelaide kills everyelse in BTW).
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2005 - options for next year Fri, 06 August 2004 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
steve - i want a rematch when the dina is operational Cool
Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:» OCTOBER LONG WEEKEND (3rd)... TOYOTA Fest!
Next Topic:AUTOBARN SHOW N' SHINE COMPETITION - Sunday 24th October 2004
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:58:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010113954544067 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.