Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » South Australia » Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Sun, 31 October 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pjaw11sc wrote on Sun, 31 October 2004 16:11

Danish wrote on Sat, 30 October 2004 18:21

This will be fun, i'll be there on the 17th if I don't have to work a Wednesday night.

don't you mean that you are coming cos ur taking the night of work...cos we told you to Very Happy

Or we will take to your head with an axel? Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Sun, 31 October 2004 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Sun, 31 October 2004 19:30

This will be fun, i'll be there on the 17th if I don't have to work a Wednesday night.

don't you mean that you are coming cos ur taking the night of work...cos we told you to Very Happy

Axel ay? Thats a bit rough...How bout we just tie a rope to him and drag him there? After all, its only AIR, not like we're going to sydney or anything... Rolling Eyes

Jon
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Sun, 31 October 2004 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I find an axel has the most personal touch when inflicting serious pain on someone Smile

hahah only kidding Danish Very Happy
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 01 November 2004 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Mon, 01 November 2004 08:12

I find an axel has the most personal touch when inflicting serious pain on someone Smile

what about hired goons? Laughing
Nissan300zx
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 01 November 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be in for this...

hey matt sorry bout the hills boost the other night, blew a blody hose off and it was all messed up...

its all fixed now...
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 01 November 2004 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Umm, who said anything about kidding? I was serious Shocked

Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 01 November 2004 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nissan300zx wrote on Mon, 01 November 2004 16:04

ill be in for this...

hey matt sorry bout the hills boost the other night, blew a blody hose off and it was all messed up...

its all fixed now...

nah we only waited an hour for you fuckers to come to shell, and then another ten minutes on glen osmond for you to catch up... Rolling Eyes

but apart from that it was all good Confused

So you coming peter? and you bringing the polak with you?
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 01 November 2004 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
big JON wrote on Mon, 01 November 2004 17:23

Umm, who said anything about kidding? I was serious Shocked

Very Happy

Just like how serious I was when I put that axle through your front windscreen while I was at Fours N More... Very Happy
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 01 November 2004 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...too bad it was looking good, as usual Very Happy, when i was there today...haha...i think BANG is the correct term Razz

Jon
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 09 November 2004 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, so we got a little off topic there...

Alright, this is tomorrow week. So whose still going? Someone better be, cos im not gonna waste 17 bucks to go out there and video...none of you! It just aint happening!! Lol, so you all better turn up and attempt to beat my massively impressive time of 15.641 Rolling Eyes kekekekekekekeke

Jon
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 09 November 2004 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I'm not working i'll try my hardest to make it. It will be fun to watch even if I don't do a run.

I have a feeling my gearbox isn't going to like it! But my LSD will be in by then.

I'll bring my video camera too.

What do you need for scrutineering?
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 09 November 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm still going....lets sound off!
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 09 November 2004 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danish wrote on Tue, 09 November 2004 21:48

What do you need for scrutineering?

You need...
*Secure battery
*The hose off your overflow tank for the radiator needs to be sealed so it doesnt leak (i had some trouble with this)
*Secure Seat
*Nothing loose in your car that will fly around and hit you in the head in the event of an accident
*ADR Approved helmet
*Good tyres
*General roadworthiness

Cheers, Jon
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 10 November 2004 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Of course I am going Very Happy

We should arrange a meeting point at a certain time so we can all get down there together and roll in like the fast and the furios crew Rolling Eyes

hahah

Hey jon what time do you reckon would be good to get there??
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 10 November 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I went straight up there after work...got there 5:30ish, and got straight through scrutineering, only had to wait for like 3 cars...

Lets say we all meet at the Caltex Servo just north of the South Road/Grand Junction Road intersection at 5?? Ill be there about 5-10 past, but does that suit everybody else?

Jon
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 10 November 2004 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill have to leave tafe early but i think i can be there, probly a little late though. where abouts would this servo be from the gepps x intersection?
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 10 November 2004 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its further west from grand junction intersection.

The caltex is across the road from JMS if u know where that is.
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 11 November 2004 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats the one. if your coming down grand junction from town, turn right onto south road and its on your left...if your coming down grand junction from port adelaide turn left and its still on your left!!

On the other side of the road to JMS is the one!

Jon

PS I was thinking too, if i can go in as someones "pitcrew" i think i can g et my car in for free and ill also be able to video from down near the staging area instead of up the hill...Must look into this...
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 11 November 2004 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
righteyo so here are the details...

Meet at 4:45 at Caltex across the road from JMS for a 5:15 leave

we leave at 5:15 on the dot, no later...

if you are gonna be late then meet us at AIR, FFS dont be late, that goes for Andy, Cuffy and Pete mostly Razz
[CatchMe]
Regular

June 2003
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 11 November 2004 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For once I have the Wednesday night off. But for once I also have an exam on Thursday morning so Im out. Again Sad

Need to actually install all the goodies into my car before I take it out, putting some uncollapsed engine mounts in there might be a good idea too Rolling Eyes
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Sat, 13 November 2004 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats pretty early matt, cuffy, pete and andy can't b there that early cos they have work til 5 and i probably won't b able to make it that eary either. what time does scrutineering finish?

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Sat, 13 November 2004 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well maybe if we meet at 5:30 or something??

how does that sound?

Ill get a definite on scrutineering on monday but we cant leave it too late thats all Confused
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Sat, 13 November 2004 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Racing starts at 6...Scrutineering i think might go a little bit longer then that...maybe finish at like 6:30-7:00.

The later you leave it, the longer your gonna hafta wait to get through scrut. Like i said earlier, i got there a bit before 5:30 and had to wait for 2 cars in front of me...when i finished there was a line of about 10-15...in a matter of like 10 mins...

I would say leave caltex no later then 5:30.

Also, Matt, im assuming your gonna call AIR from your above post. Can you ask them what the deal is with getting a "support car", aka me, into the paddock area (ie cost) and whats the deal with having a pitcrew...

Cheers, Jon
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Sat, 13 November 2004 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer jon ill check that shit out when i ring them on monday..

ill chat to you about all this tonight at the practise thing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 15 November 2004 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
change of plans people

same meeting location

but meeting at 5:30 for a 5:45 leave

dont be farken late

big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 15 November 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bloody Farrken...

Ok, so ill be there at like 5:10 if anyone wants to get there that early and keep me company...Otherwise ill just...be...by myself really...

Jon
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 15 November 2004 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah jon ill be there around 10 past five, im actually going for a slide down wingfield way while i have my stockies on so i might be there earlier Very Happy
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 15 November 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah dude, pick me up, cos ill have the video camera, you see *wink wink*

Jon
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 15 November 2004 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, and dont forget to call AIR tomorrow, you minda Razz

Jon
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 15 November 2004 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok you minder ill meet you at the servo at 4:30 Very Happy

and ill call AIR tomorrow Razz
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 16 November 2004 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your gonna have stockies?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 16 November 2004 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah

im gonna have my new electric blue apromas Wink

my rear 17's wont pass scrutineering, and after the burnouts they wont get me home Confused
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 16 November 2004 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, i dont finish work til 5...so ill meet you at caltex at 5...dont be farrken late! hehe

Jon
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 16 November 2004 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok ill see you at five
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 17 November 2004 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok fockers and fockettes

just spoke to anna at AIR and we are getting a roped off area on lawn one for the "toyota car club" and Big Jon we are allowed to have a support car come in, you still have to pay entry but parking in pit area is free Very Happy

See you peeps at caltex at 5:30 dont be late
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 17 November 2004 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers for the night peoples. It was good to see a few, aka 3, of us turn up, Myself, Matt and PJ. Had an awesome night, took some piccies and ill upload them sometime within the next year or two...

Jon

Oh yeah, Matt, my Nan can do better burnouts Razz Twisted Evil Laughing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 18 November 2004 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey jon, STFU!

wet road doesnt = good burnouts, im going to used tyre mart before the next one to find some nice 16" 255's and im gonna ask for the smokeiest tyres they can get me Very Happy

if that doesnt work ill just soak them in diesel the night before Very Happy
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 18 November 2004 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well yeah thanks to all those people who said they were going to come...and then didn't Mad anyway me and Matt had a wicked time burning up the track and john got some nice footage of some sweet burnouts.
too bad that they actually had more 8's than 4,6,rotor running and Matt and myself were there among just about the whole field of drag prepared cars we did ok. i was pretty happy that i was beating a GTR for 3/4 of the trackbut that was only cos it had so much power it had serious traction issues. (meh i'd have still taken it Very Happy ) was pretty hot to start with and there probably was only about 20 cars there + about 10bikes. all in all a good night. my best time was a 15.11 and i reckon i would have beaten that on my last run if i didnt rev it so hard and get my fuel cut on me Mad (still ran a 15.3)

so all you other ppl better come out next time!!!!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 18 November 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah forgot to post, best time was 15.8 with reaction time of 1 second which is pisspoor Sad

however that time was with a leaky headgasket and on 5 pounds boost

next time when the HG is done and im running 14psi im hoping to break 14 seconds Very Happy

peace out

p.s. to all those that caved you are gay
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 18 November 2004 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pps: all you pikers are SOFT. and you better come next time (danish get ready for an axel whipin from MR1G!)
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 18 November 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pjaw11sc wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 15:56

pps: all you pikers are SOFT. and you better come next time (danish get ready for an axel whipin from MR1G!)

to be fair, danish had to work, but really no one else of those who said that they would come had an excuse Rolling Eyes

EDIT: It was too hot, i didnt have tyres, and my brakes werent fixed is not good enough, you had months to have a car ready for this

come on people

ffs

[Updated on: Thu, 18 November 2004 07:08]

pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 18 November 2004 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well danish is excused.

all u other guys better pull your fingers out for nect time
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 18 November 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=MR 1GGTE wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 17:37

EDIT: It was too hot, i didnt have tyres, and my brakes werent fixed is not good enough, you had months to have a car ready for this[/quote]

It was hot to start with, but it cooled down heaps alter in the night.

Who cares if you didnt have tyres? I ran on my normal street tyres, so did pj...

Ummm, you dont need brakes to drag race...Well, not when i did it anyways...maybe thats why i was getting cra times, i wasnt using my brakes Rolling Eyes

LOL. I had a good night, as i said, and to all those that didnt go...your loss!!!

Jon
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 18 November 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go here for my pics: http://www.pbase.com/drags1711

Jon
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 18 November 2004 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
again big thanks to big jon (pardon the pun) for footaging some nice burnout action Very Happy
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Fri, 19 November 2004 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill pun you in a minute Rolling Eyes hehe

Yeah, some of the pics are ok, havent had a chance yet to have a look at the video, but all should be fully sikuleh bro.

Jon
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Fri, 19 November 2004 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will you be able to post up video? like links of mine and Matt's runs and some of the other good bits?

also did you get more pics of me? (good wuality if possible)i gotta get them to write up an article for the mr2 club

[Updated on: Fri, 19 November 2004 11:16]

big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Fri, 19 November 2004 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry dude, all the photos i took are up Confused

If i can get find someone who has a tv cable and can host then i can upload the video, otherwise i dont think i can get it onto computer...cos i didnt record on the memory stick...I might have a play around on the weekend and see what i can do.

Jon
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Fri, 19 November 2004 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw the pictures, looks like it was a good time for first timers to give it a go.

Matt's Soarer bagging it up is a beautiful site.

I'm sorry I couldn't make it.
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Fri, 19 November 2004 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah the wednesday night drags are perfect for us "learners" to err learn what goes on. It is a huge adrenalin rush and great fun.

Talking to Matt and PJ and i think we're gonna try and organise a big group for either the January or February wednesday night meets...Should be good if we get some numbers!

Jon
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Fri, 19 November 2004 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you give me 2 weeks notice I may be able to get it off, unless I am in Brisbane in January.
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Sat, 20 November 2004 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
next wefdnesday night meet is on the 15th december, anyone headed out ?>! I am planning on taking my car for it's first run since the rebuild..
should be interesting, aiming for high 13's
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Sat, 20 November 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The next meeting for us will be the January meets. Im gonna run my car again if theres half decent weather, and i think most people that were keen for last wednesday are right to go for January...see what happens i guess!

Jon
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Sun, 21 November 2004 09:14 Go to previous message
yeah january sounds the goods Very Happy
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:CCC Cruise 19th December
Next Topic:Toyota Cruise # 7 *Sunday 5th or 12th December*
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 08:45:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.013354063034058 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.