Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » South Australia » Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Polak
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 03 August 2004 04:19 Go to next message
Well, a number of us have discussed a bit of a run, and a few people have mentioned a run at the Adelaide International Raceway, for the Toyotas from here.
One interesting run was meant to be between AW11 and the Twin Turbz Soarer
Any ideas and or suggestions?
  Send a private message to this user    
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 03 August 2004 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Righto ppl here is the low down.

I just got off the phone with Anna from AIR, she is the new manager and I have told her that some of the guys from Toymods, she assumed it was an SA based toyota club, want to come down on a wednesday night for some drags, I asked if we could have discount and she said its pretty cheap anyways ($35) and if we get enough cars we will get our own roped off area so we can do our own shit to our cars before we race.

I am keen as Eggs and she said we can book it for whevener we want.

Put your name on this thread and we can organise this shit for the near fufutre, maybe a month away?? Maybe Less.

Let me know.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 03 August 2004 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oooooooh you get your own roped off area! Very Happy

might be keen for a run down the strip.. see how cash flow is
Polak
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 03 August 2004 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah that is pretty damn sweet.
It would be sweet if we could get a big turnout.
As im new here, it would be good to meet a few of the toy lovers..hehe
CRAB-86
Regular

September 2003
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 03 August 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Id be keen when i get the car back
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 03 August 2004 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh id be up for that
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 03 August 2004 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 14:16

oooooooh you get your own roped off area! Very Happy

Smartass Razz

Just put your name, car and phone number on this thread and Ill speak to Anna and we can organise a date and all the necessary other shit.
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 03 August 2004 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
these nights are held every month. only reason I haven't been out for a while is my car is off the road and building another.
it's only $35, need a ADR approved helmet, long sleeves and pants, safe neat looking car. then go ya hardest.
last time I was there I had something like 18 runs and I even left before finishing time.
if you organise it well enough in the line up area you can run against your mates.

great fun, I'll be back out there when the cars back.

Brendon
Seven of GAFFiO
Regular

July 2002
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 03 August 2004 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

it's only $35, need a ADR approved helmet, long sleeves and pants, safe neat looking car. then go ya hardest.

Does this count my car out Brendon??? Very Happy

But more on topic, I wont be able to put my car in.. but I'll make my best efforts to be there to support yas.
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 03 August 2004 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cal
ae82 4age

ADR helmut???

Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 03 August 2004 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Helmet that meets Australian Standards, will have a sticker on back/insides.

if not, they will not let you use it.
stocti
Regular

June 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 03 August 2004 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sik idea. Hell keen, when my car gets its new engine! Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 03 August 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As for the helmet pretty much any helmet you need to ride a motorbike is ok, i dont know about open faced ones tho, any input simon??
GT4SOM
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 03 August 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep ill be interested soon as i get my new clutch
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 03 August 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so wot u guys all got helmuts? or can ya hire em from there

can really justify buyin one for just a couple runs
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 03 August 2004 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im down!lets see if we can get this happening b4 the phantom dyno day Rolling Eyes

paul
aw11 4agze

i dont have a helmut, and dont know anybody with a bike...what can i do?
Polak
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 03 August 2004 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey paulie, what u reckon you will run??
we will have to organise this bit later on as most ppl seem to be in the process of building their cars, so this wouldnt happen right away
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 03 August 2004 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel
4AGE AE86

wanna see how the NA goes on the 1/4 mile.
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 03 August 2004 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dunno kris, mid 14? high 13if im optimistic, only a guestimate though. i could be way off
Polak
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 03 August 2004 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that will be impressive PJ. Matt (soarer) asked if i will run.... Laughing
That will be a sight
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 04 August 2004 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come on kris, you gotta enter, its all for good fun, just putt putt it down. 25 seconds BOOYEAH!

And sooner rather than later, we can do this once a month if you guys want but i reckon as soon as we get ten people interested we head down there.

As soon as i have tne ppl confirmed im gonna give Anna a ring and organise it.

Also it doesnt have to be absolutely club specific so anyone without a toyota can come as well if they want, they just have to put toyota badges on thier car for the day...

MUMUHAHAHAHAHA
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 04 August 2004 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have to supply own helmets
I don't own one, just borrow one from a mate
open face helmets must be ok as I have seen others wearing them
as for a cheap helmet just go to "cashies" pick one up for round $40, but make sure it has the australian standards logo on it !

Brendon
Pugs
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 04 August 2004 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in!

I'm going on August 11th but it depends on the weather.

Can't wait to see what the Rolla does standard!

Haven't race for a while and I've missed it like crazy.

Daniel
4AGE AE93 SX Seca
0421 155 321

Cheers
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 04 August 2004 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Right Here is an update of people keen so far:

Cal
ae82 4age

paul
aw11 4agze

Joel
4AGE AE86

Daniel
4AGE AE93 SX Seca
0421 155 321

Michael
2.6l V6 Audi 80

Peter
300ZX NA

dont forget tell your friends.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 August 2004 03:18]

pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 04 August 2004 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anybody have a spare helmet?
Polak
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 04 August 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paulie, i was sure you gave andy a bit of a go.... maybe not a proper run but i sthought you have given all the boys a run...except the 300

never mind
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 04 August 2004 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i gave him a semi go, but still havent had a proper run
Nissan300zx
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 04 August 2004 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if allowed by mr toyota who i have seen wearing some nice Z rims then i will attend...dont worry i will stand outside the rope area or i will just steal some (t)...badges of a lonely celica...and paully i havent had a run with you yet so make sure your car is warm...so u can kick my ass... Very Happy

http://homepages.picknowl.com.au/djkemp/100_0988.JPG
Polak
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 05 August 2004 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey there mr 300.... yes i saw the same soarer (matty) with the same z32 rims.... Rolling Eyes
can this be??? a toyota with nissan parts...hehehe
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 05 August 2004 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For starters i am only using those nissan rims becuase they are crap and I dont want to fuck up a decent set of nie toyota rims... Laughing Laughing Laughing

And 300zx put your name and phone number and car on the thread so i can add you to the list.

Nuchucker you gotta enter or I will burn your car... Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
Polak
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 05 August 2004 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha ha ha Laughing Laughing Laughing

Then i will be forced to get a dorifto milkshake maker
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 05 August 2004 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Polak wrote on Thu, 05 August 2004 14:13

Then i will be forced to get a dorifto milkshake maker

Sorry i dont understand??
Nissan300zx
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 05 August 2004 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter
Nissan 300zx NA the red one in the picture above
PH: 0413 711 371

Kryzstof what are you on about a milkshake...

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 05 August 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah Kris what you been shmokin??

And where can i get some??
Pugs
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 09 August 2004 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 4, 6 & Rotor drags on Wednesday night (11/08/2004) have been canceled due to a wet track!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 09 August 2004 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah Anna said that was gonna happen but the weather should clear up soon enuf, however dragging on a wet track might be a bit more fun, if you are game enuf Evil or Very Mad Very Happy
Pugs
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 09 August 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not game enough in a fwd!

I'm now going to go on Sunday 5th September!

Hopefully rain doesn't stuff things up this time!!!!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 09 August 2004 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sunday the 5th aye, sadly my car wont be ready till the end of september... Sad
FC3S
Newcomer

August 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 09 August 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well if enuf of you toy boyz show at up AIR i think us 'intruders' (300 & FC) will have to show our sexy faces and then show our behinds to you on the strip Laughing Or maybe i will just go BANG on the line... Embarassed
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 09 August 2004 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon youre chicken cooker will go bang on the line!!!!

ARRRRRRR, DAMN THE CHICKEN COOKERS.

Stanford Mowers sell seal kits in bulk i hear... Laughing Laughing Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 09 August 2004 09:48]

FC3S
Newcomer

August 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 09 August 2004 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Geez u really must be online 24hrs a day! And your laughn at me Rolling Eyes ...can u smell it...smells like sumn is burnin...must be mr1ggte! 2 months your car is outta action? thats bullashit
Twisted Evil
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 09 August 2004 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey im still organising the night for ASAP as soon as we get ten cars, cos my mate said i can have a run in his car, sweet.

Squeeze a high 15 out of the audi...

And yes i will laff at you, it doesnt burn it steams, ok thats what happens when you blow a head gasket and head at the same time....

But you know what i laff about the most, i aint paying shit all for what is usually a 5-6 thousand dollar conversion....

MUMUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

And yes i am online a lot becuase i work at an Internet company, hence they pay me to chat on forums to you guys!

And gals sorry FC3S i almots forgot... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Nissan300zx
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 11 August 2004 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
you cant say that about a wankel...they only go """POP""" when you start them...

Laughing Laughing Laughing

[Updated on: Wed, 11 August 2004 06:47]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 11 August 2004 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats right, they go KABOOM when you drive them...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

[Updated on: Wed, 11 August 2004 06:38]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 11 August 2004 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW who is still keen for this event to go forward, i am even tho i will be driving someone elses car...
Pugs
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 11 August 2004 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am Definitely still up for it.

I'm racing on 05.09.04 and whenever the group goes!
Nissan300zx
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 11 August 2004 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YEH WHY NOT!!! HEY MR 1GTE I MIGHT NEED TO BORROW YOUR NICE Z RIMS....TO DO THE BURNOUTS...YOU SELLING YET???
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 11 August 2004 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pugs post your info on the thread and ill add you to the list, not far off from ten ppl.

Pete i am not selling those rims yet, i still need them to move my car around.

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 11 August 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
see pete i can write big too..... Very Happy
Nissan300zx
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 11 August 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh cmon mate....thats not a knife this is a knife...lets not get into a size argument cos the ZEDI KNIGHT will always win...
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 11 August 2004 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zedi Knight... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Take it home....

So when you getting some actual turbos?
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 11 August 2004 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im out
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 11 August 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why?
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 11 August 2004 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
car is fucked and im all pissed off
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 12 August 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you 86 boys always have blown up cars!! Evil or Very Mad
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Fri, 13 August 2004 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pjaw11sc wrote on Thu, 12 August 2004 22:17

you 86 boys always have blown up cars!! Evil or Very Mad

YOu might want to retract that statement, his car was crashed into by some tool the other day, thats why he cant come...
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Sat, 14 August 2004 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, no offence meant, i was just stirrin Very Happy
Sorry to hear bout that Arch Crying or Very Sad stupid tool drivers
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Sat, 14 August 2004 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
s'all good Smile
Nissan300zx
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 17 August 2004 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats the latest...any updates...

http://homepages.picknowl.com.au/djkemp/100_1302.jpg
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 17 August 2004 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
is that yours last on the right pete?
Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:CCC Cruise 19th December
Next Topic:Toyota Cruise # 7 *Sunday 5th or 12th December*
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:41:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010305166244507 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.