Regular

February 2003
Auto Salon Sun, 08 August 2004 12:42 Go to next message
Anyone going to Auto Salon on the 21st Aug?? Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Auto Salon Sun, 08 August 2004 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I might just have to, an excuse to get out of rugby, though rice is generally not to my liking there's usually a few good cars there.
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Auto Salon Mon, 09 August 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll be there on the 22nd.

just wanna see what not to do with my car Very Happy

Laughing

Darkstar
Regular

January 2004
Re: Auto Salon Wed, 11 August 2004 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where is the salon??
MR2_GUY
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Auto Salon Sat, 21 August 2004 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it ppl who say autosalon is about been rice etc
come see it for yourself autosalon now days is combined with cars ranging from show cars to every day driven cars with hp.

it fuckheads like ultimatechaos

March 2003 Re: Auto Salon Mon, 09 August 2004 19:04

i'll be there on the 22nd.

just wanna see what not to do with my car

u that are either jelous or drive shit boxes that got smart ass comments. what car do u drive btw
Toy Yoda
Regular

March 2004
Re: Auto Salon Sat, 21 August 2004 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My mate is there with his snooker ball blue Soarer. It's got 20's on it! His spent like 60 grand on the engine (after blowing his TT engine) Some big power figures, not totally sure of them though. Ha he has no money everything he earns goes into it, typical Croatian!
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Auto Salon Sat, 21 August 2004 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw that soarer today,

fuckin awesome!
Toy Yoda
Regular

March 2004
Re: Auto Salon Sat, 21 August 2004 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yah he's a tiler so a lot of money gets spent on it. did u see power figures/ 1/4 mile times? Apparently it's got a big honking T88 or something in it. Hits 180 km/h limiter in about 9-10 secs. Has a supra box in it Smile
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Auto Salon Sat, 21 August 2004 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wtf is your problem ??? Rolling Eyes

80% of the cars there DONT get driven on a daily basis.
most of them are just full of stickers and sound systems that are just WAY OVER THE FUCKING TOP . why the hell do u need 4x 15inch subs in a CRX??? Shocked Shocked

i drive an AE82 Seca 87 CS w/ 100kw conversion. STOCK.
i'll be the LOUD one at the Show n Shine Very Happy come say hello if u want Smile

Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Auto Salon Sat, 21 August 2004 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Went there yesterday.
There were some cool cars, but the majority are fairly tasteless and disappointing.
Had some good photos... but gotta get them off the camera before I can remember which were the good cars. Smile
The stuff from FIST that I was was good of course, but there was some nice artwork and some tasteful decoration, plus of course some supercharged uzis in MX-5s... Bullet Roadsters.
Anyway, it's only $18, go.
MR2_GUY
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Auto Salon Sat, 21 August 2004 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my problem is that fuckhead like u ultimatechaos think that bas cars never get driven. mate i assure u more then 80% of the cars @ bas get driven punk. dont fucken be a hypocrit and judge it fuckheads like u that give the scence a bad name. i reakon u think bas cars r whatever because u always see their clear tail lites. get over it hey . cars r built to get driven not to put @ home maybe there not driven 7 days a week but 1 or 2 days a week .have u ever thought maybe they dont get driven is because of theft etc and you can park ur shit box anywhere without being worried it gonna be stolen ?

think before you make a comment hey .

end of rant sorry to the others but i just hate wankers who say this and that about show cars. i own a show car and i drive my car at least 3 times a week.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Auto Salon Sun, 22 August 2004 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR2_GUY wrote on Sun, 22 August 2004 08:45

my problem is that fuckhead like u ultimatechaos think that bas cars never get driven. mate i assure u more then 80% of the cars @ bas get driven punk. dont fucken be a hypocrit and judge it fuckheads like u that give the scence a bad name. i reakon u think bas cars r whatever because u always see their clear tail lites. get over it hey . cars r built to get driven not to put @ home maybe there not driven 7 days a week but 1 or 2 days a week .have u ever thought maybe they dont get driven is because of theft etc and you can park ur shit box anywhere without being worried it gonna be stolen ?

think before you make a comment hey .

end of rant sorry to the others but i just hate wankers who say this and that about show cars. i own a show car and i drive my car at least 3 times a week.

That small schlong of yours has made you very self conscious. 99.9% of the cars at the salon are riced up undrivable pieces of crap. You see, apart from your self no one on this forum subscribes to hot4's and treats it as the bible.
I know this is hard to understand, but when your balls drop you'll see what I'm getting at.

[Updated on: Sun, 22 August 2004 00:20]

MR2_GUY
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Auto Salon Sun, 22 August 2004 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha another dickhead. look mate u might like fast cars with faded paints and no stero's etc. what it come down to is mate the speed limit is 110 km why have a fast car with killer hp when u cant even use it unless u go to willowbank? with ur so call fast cars how often does it break down ? i rather a nice car with phat kit big wheels , shiney paint job and engine work rather then all go and all about to break. so before you call something fucken rice define rice. auto salon has some big hp cars why dont you leave ur keyboard @ home for 1 day and go and see for your self . if there undriveable how the fuck did they get to autosalon? i assure u more then 90 % of the cars are daily driven ! what car do u drive cool1? something that fucken older then you ? it fags like you i cant stand. leave the keyboard behind and back your talk up with action i am yet to loose a race to a hp freak wannabe like you !
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Auto Salon Sun, 22 August 2004 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR2_GUY wrote on Sun, 22 August 2004 10:34

hahaha another dickhead. look mate u might like fast cars with faded paints and no stero's etc. what it come down to is mate the speed limit is 110 km why have a fast car with killer hp when u cant even use it unless u go to willowbank? with ur so call fast cars how often does it break down ? i rather a nice car with phat kit big wheels , shiney paint job and engine work rather then all go and all about to break. so before you call something fucken rice define rice. auto salon has some big hp cars why dont you leave ur keyboard @ home for 1 day and go and see for your self . if there undriveable how the fuck did they get to autosalon? i assure u more then 90 % of the cars are daily driven ! what car do u drive cool1? something that fucken older then you ? it fags like you i cant stand. leave the keyboard behind and back your talk up with action i am yet to loose a race to a hp freak wannabe like you !

Its uneducated scum like you that waste space on this forum that shit me. Learn some puntuation stupid.
Lets define rice, how about cars that are too low to drive up a drive way, air brushed leather seats, 23 inch wheels, flexi-glow wrapped spark plug leads, polished diff housings, polished gearbox, air brushed under body, polished brake rotors. Should I keep going?
I'm guessing the way your dribbling, you have you car completely riced up?? In that case I'll race you any day! You in your riced up car and me on my push bike.
I'll just make sure I go over the nearest speed bump Laughing 45mins later you might catch up Laughing
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Auto Salon Sun, 22 August 2004 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool it guys.
In this situation I mostly share the opinion of Cool1, but then again Auto Salon is a car show, so show off yor car.
I get annoyed at the tasteless stuff... chrome everywhere, lots of flashy stuff, massive chrome mags that look dodgy, and of course so low it's not funny. What really gets to me though is that it's just for effect, a lot of the time to outdo somebody "Oh I have bigger wheels than you, I'm better than you."
I go to look at the tasteful cars... really good airsprays, balanced cars, innovative but tasteful stuff, and they are out there.
I don't like rice... peripheral stuff that's put there for effect, form over function.
MR2_guy, I hope you belong to the tasteful group, I really do.
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Auto Salon Sun, 22 August 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL wd really i mean it Rolling Eyes

thankfully this year there didnt seem to be as much "my chromies are bigger then yours" .. there was actually some REAL (OMFG Shocked ) cars there this time.

theres NOWAY a car can be that clean and be driven as a "daily driver".

alot of the cars are "show cars" from different sponsors. they DONT get driven as daily drivers, ONLY to and from "shows". most of the lowered vehicles would of actually arrived by trailer. on my travels home tnight i came across 2 skylines i KNOW were at the autosalon ON THE BACK OF A TRAILER.

as i offered earlier come and say hello on the 5th. i have no grudge against u and your opinions. i'll be the loud one Smile

amwtoy
Regular

March 2004
Re: Auto Salon Sun, 22 August 2004 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
C'mon guys who cares? My roommate's R33 (2-door) scrapes it's way over speed bumps - it's not practical but it looks sexy as all hell. The loaner R33 (4-door) i've got from my mechanic is plenty useful even though it has ridiculous 19" wheels and a wing like an F1 car that blocks rear vision. It's been cool having Autosalon here, i didn't go, but i saw a lot of schmick cars driving around today. And yes, i saw more than one "feeble" Proton or Hyundai drive past with coffee can exhaust, chromies and APEXI stickers etc... but you know they do look alright in a futuristic fiberglass kinda way. The owners of the cars obviously liked it. Some guys want to spend money on making their cars look sexy, others want to spend money on making them go fast, and still others just want to have a shopping cart that won't break down. Either way some people prefer fibreglass curvacious body kits, some people prefer giant wings, some people prefer tough kits, some people like FWD, some people like RWD... I really don't see what the big deal is. Who cares what someone else spends their money on? Just be happy for them that they have a hobby and they're doing something cool and creative that they enjoy.
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Auto Salon Sun, 22 August 2004 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, you're right.
Ali Houblous still shits me though.
Toy Yoda
Regular

March 2004
Re: Auto Salon Sun, 22 August 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just like to point out that my mates soarer is an everyday daily driver, and it does make it up driveways etc. I'd pay the crap out of him if it was rice, we got too many NA silvias, skylines, 300ZX's running around our area dressed up like showponies as it is.
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Auto Salon Sun, 22 August 2004 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should have made it clearer, or perhaps I should have actually said it, but it really does depend on the example, the inference I made was tasteful vs tasteless, which does depend on the example.
I'm guessing the Soarer was at Auto Salon?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Auto Salon Sun, 22 August 2004 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boo
i dont "mind" the cars at auto salon.. cool to look at.. might be rice.. but oh wlel.. still money and time spent on cars, if not the smartest way
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Auto Salon Sun, 22 August 2004 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I boycotted autosalon a couple of years back. my opinion is somewhere in between Johals and Cool1's. I just can't see the value in spending $20 to see cars sit there. I want to see some ACTION! That is why I just skip autosalon and wait a month for Jamboree which has the lot.

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Auto Salon Sun, 22 August 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Sun, 22 August 2004 22:58

I boycotted autosalon a couple of years back. my opinion is somewhere in between Johals and Cool1's. I just can't see the value in spending $20 to see cars sit there. I want to see some ACTION! That is why I just skip autosalon and wait a month for Jamboree which has the lot.

good point
but then again.. for me.. any good car event is an excuse to get a day off work and not feel bad
MR2_GUY
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Auto Salon Mon, 23 August 2004 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
each to their own i rather a car with a nice paint job , phat kit and big wheels and some doof doof and some go rather then a car that is all go but looks shit because the owner has spent all there money on the engine and is 2 broke to do anything else. i also like fuel economy i dont wanna re fill my petrol tank twice just going to the coast and back etc... before you say auto salon is about all show and no go look at cars like i win gtr r 33 800 hp at the wheels! it has a kit had interior doof doof ( stero ) sorry if i offended any1. Cool
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Auto Salon Mon, 23 August 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Each to their own.
But personal attacks are not cool.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Auto Salon Mon, 23 August 2004 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beer_is_good wrote on Mon, 23 August 2004 17:57

But personal attacks are not cool.

Yeah
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Auto Salon Tue, 24 August 2004 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR2_GUY wrote on Mon, 23 August 2004 17:29

each to their own i rather a car with a nice paint job , phat kit and big wheels and some doof doof and some go rather then a car that is all go but looks shit because the owner has spent all there money on the engine and is 2 broke to do anything else. i also like fuel economy i dont wanna re fill my petrol tank twice just going to the coast and back etc... before you say auto salon is about all show and no go look at cars like i win gtr r 33 800 hp at the wheels! it has a kit had interior doof doof ( stero ) sorry if i offended any1. Cool

definitely each to their own. But as the owner of a "sleeper" car I think I can speak for all owners when I say that there is nothing more rewarding than pulling up next to some pretty car and chopping them badly! On top of that, sleepers don't attract attention from the police which is definitely a positive. anyway, just my opinion.

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Auto Salon Wed, 25 August 2004 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Wed, 25 August 2004 01:15

MR2_GUY wrote on Mon, 23 August 2004 17:29

definitely each to their own. But as the owner of a "sleeper" car I think I can speak for all owners when I say that there is nothing more rewarding than pulling up next to some pretty car and chopping them badly! On top of that, sleepers don't attract attention from the police which is definitely a positive. anyway, just my opinion.

until they pull up beside you and see ur back seat area Razz
KINGCAMRY
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Auto Salon Mon, 24 January 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hell yeah are you competeing ??????
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Auto Salon Mon, 24 January 2005 11:50 Go to previous message
KINGCAMRY wrote on Mon, 24 January 2005 21:25

hell yeah are you competeing ??????

um hello ??? moron ??

CHECK THE DATE BEFORE U POST PLEASE !!!

Wed, 25 August 2004 15:05