Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
bloody toyota plug connectors Mon, 09 August 2004 13:36 Go to next message
I have spent most of the night getting my inlet manifold off my 1jz which is still in my corona. The bolts weren't TOO hard to get at but the bloody plug connectors are just shit. Even if you can reach them they are all different and you need a small screwdriver as well as another hand to get them out! And everyone is different so you have to fiddle with it for ages to work them out as well.

Why oh why can't they use simple plugs? Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: bloody toyota plug connectors Mon, 09 August 2004 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My friends and I have come up with a theory that those connectors were designed by little Japanese engineers who have never had sex. They're getting revenge on the world by making electrical connectors which cannot be pulled apart without breaking them, and somewhere in Japan you can hear the disturbing sounds of nerdy laughter.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: bloody toyota plug connectors Tue, 10 August 2004 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Tue, 10 August 2004 09:37

My friends and I have come up with a theory that those connectors were designed by little Japanese engineers who have never had sex. They're getting revenge on the world by making electrical connectors which cannot be pulled apart without breaking them, and somewhere in Japan you can hear the disturbing sounds of nerdy laughter.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I haven't done much work on my car myself but have still experienced the frustration of these plugs numerous times.

There is one plug (the hazard light switch on an MX83) that took me an hour to remove. It wasn't even in the car I was able to take the piece of dash out an work on it inside on a table. It took 3 small screwdrivers a pair of pliers and an hour. Mad
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: bloody toyota plug connectors Tue, 10 August 2004 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I once had so much grief with one connector I ended up chopping it off and replacing it with a generic one I bought from Supercheap. Works just as well and you can actually disconnect it without bursting a blood vessel in your forehead!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: bloody toyota plug connectors Tue, 10 August 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you talking about those lovely conenctors with the metal spring clips that hold them on? i love those!

Dexterity is your friend.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: bloody toyota plug connectors Tue, 10 August 2004 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those ones suck, but the plugs used on later-model Toyotas are much worse. Mad
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: bloody toyota plug connectors Tue, 10 August 2004 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't really know how but one of the plugs down low at the back of the engine on the inlet manifold side has actually melted into the clip. My dad had his finger on the clip from the top of the car and I couldn't reach the clip from underneath the car so I just pulled his finger (no fart jokes please Smile) and the bloody things snapped!

The power of two fingers Laughing Confused
1jzen
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: bloody toyota plug connectors Tue, 10 August 2004 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cracked both outer cases when i was putting my strut brace on.

the wonders of electrical tape, hides a thousand sins
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: bloody toyota plug connectors Tue, 10 August 2004 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Tue, 10 August 2004 11:19

are you talking about those lovely conenctors with the metal spring clips that hold them on? i love those!

Dexterity is your friend.

What you mean like the one on most TPS's???

PS Joo are a nerdy sex deprived asian according to Norbs description Twisted Evil
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: bloody toyota plug connectors Tue, 10 August 2004 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i end up using the sharp pointy bit in my test lamp to pry the clips off injector plugs and the TPS - ended up stabbing several fingers in process - not fukin fun at all.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: bloody toyota plug connectors Tue, 10 August 2004 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Tue, 10 August 2004 23:52

i end up using the sharp pointy bit in my test lamp to pry the clips off injector plugs and the TPS - ended up stabbing several fingers in process - not fukin fun at all.

The little metal clip on the ball joint of most FWD / AWD gearsticks is worse... those little bastards will pop off and ping off two walls of your garage before ending up deep down in a different cars engine bay!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: bloody toyota plug connectors Wed, 11 August 2004 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive had that happen toobs - and alas - going back for round two this coming weekend .. little fucker spring clip ILL GET YOU THIS TIME Mad
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: bloody toyota plug connectors Wed, 11 August 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
by a pushrod v8, no plugs at all on them Twisted Evil

[Updated on: Wed, 11 August 2004 08:04]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: bloody toyota plug connectors Wed, 11 August 2004 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehehe... I work with them every day and by now am quite used to them...
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: bloody toyota plug connectors Wed, 11 August 2004 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Wed, 11 August 2004 18:41

Hehehe... I work with them every day and by now am quite used to them...

I bet you Toyota boys have an SST for these things ay?? Very Happy
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: bloody toyota plug connectors Wed, 11 August 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no, they just have WST-012
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: bloody toyota plug connectors Wed, 11 August 2004 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
witzl...put a link in your sig to your fabulous range of service tools.
everytime i see one mentioned i want to know what it is, but i cannot be bothered searching for the post Very Happy
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: bloody toyota plug connectors Wed, 11 August 2004 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
done and done!
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: bloody toyota plug connectors Wed, 11 August 2004 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
excellent Surprised
thanks mr witzlservicetoolman
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: bloody toyota plug connectors Wed, 11 August 2004 13:11 Go to previous message
V8_MA61 wrote on Wed, 11 August 2004 18:03

by a pushrod v8, no plugs at all on them Twisted Evil

hehe, most of the difficult plugs were the ones going to the auto. So all I have to do is get rid of my DOHC twin turbo six with auto and get a pushrod v8 with a manual and I am set Smile

hmmmmmm.....

I think I will leave it how it is at the moment and live with the damn plugs! Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Spotted: White ST141 in Deewhy
Next Topic:What to do ? (audio q)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Oct 18 11:27:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053098201751709 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.