Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Wed, 16 February 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like a single 3.5" is the way to go for the rear now Sad

Allan, i mentioned lowering the front of the car now due to the significant weight loss at the front half of the engine bay. It looks a bit like a mantis right now
  Send a private message to this user    
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Sat, 19 February 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finished and installed cooling fans and radiator today - someone want to host pics? Very Happy
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Sat, 19 February 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
use imageshack image hosting

http://imageshack.us/

brett
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Sat, 19 February 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah they dont keep them up on the site for long thats all
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Sat, 19 February 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how long do u want....ive had pics on there for 9 - 12 months

shibbi rite Razz

pics

brett
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Sat, 19 February 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i guess he will need them there till he finishes his project.. judging on his current timeline,
he's gonna need more than another 9 months Razz Razz
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Sat, 19 February 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fair enough

brett
Supra Saiyan
Regular

August 2004
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Sun, 20 February 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try photobucket.com
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Thu, 24 February 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
more piccies of the transplant:

Radiator and fans mounted up:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/norbee/Blake/radiat or%20and%20fans%20mounted.jpg

New tailshaft

http://members.optusnet.com.au/norbee/Blake/full%2 0tailshaft.jpg
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Sun, 27 February 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, over the weekend i got a fair bit done.

All fuel lines are sorted out, and the pump is mounted, as well as the regulator.

Got the right belts to fit Very Happy

Mounted the Hiace overflow bottle with low coolant sensor.

All oil lines and the remote kit are mounted.

Pretty much all thats left is the wiring, and i have to organise some kind of intake (stock filter pan doesnt fit under my bonnet.. Sad Linkages on the carby need to be sorted out too.

So this morning it got sent back out to the exhaust shop (the stock header plates they had for it were not good enough so i had to wait till this week to get the good ones.)
rick_o
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Sun, 27 February 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look forward to seeing (and hearing!!) this on the road finally Smile
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Mon, 28 February 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the exhaust shop guy goes on holiday this friday, so he said he must have it ready by then Very Happy

Then i need to work out some kind of intake for it (std pan filter hits bonnet) ANd do some other small stuff - wire it all up etc.

It WILL be at the nationals this year!
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Mon, 28 February 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you had efi'd it, there would be no bonnet-clearance problems Wink
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Mon, 28 February 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 23:52

talking sense to blake is like... well actually, lets not go there.. he DID put a windsor into an ma61, didnt he?
haha Razz
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Mon, 28 February 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 23:01

talking sense to blake is like... well actually, lets not go there.. he DID put a windsor into an ma61, didnt he?
haha Razz

EFI will come when i can afford it.

For fucks sake johal give it a rest, u can talk the talk...but can you walk the walk? We both live in brisbane, come and see me in 3-4 weeks...and we can see just if your little soarer really has 200rwkw Wink

[Updated on: Mon, 28 February 2005 13:09]

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Mon, 28 February 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oops i forgot, ill probly win, cos you will be spinning wheels right the way thrugh 1st, 2nd and 3rd, and now with the boost controller maybe even 4th!! Shocked

Laughing Rolling Eyes
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Tue, 01 March 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 00:07

haha Razz

For fucks sake johal give it a rest, u can talk the talk...but can you walk the walk? We both live in brisbane, come and see me in 3-4 weeks...and we can see just if your little soarer really has 200rwkw Wink

lol maybe they need a bigger Razz symbol or something..
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Tue, 01 March 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 00:07

haha Razz

this i gotta see!!!!! Very Happy take it to the strip boys!!!!
oh i feel like im at primary school screaming FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!! Very Happy
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Tue, 01 March 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT... OH, im meant to be in the fight? ... shit lol
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Tue, 01 March 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so you gunna line blake up when its on the road or what? its ok if you dont.. im sure heaps of people would be worried about his ma61...

its the perfect excuse to run some numbers at willow bank Smile cmon boys what do ya say!!! *puts on fast and furious voice* "lets settle this on the black top" lol

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Tue, 01 March 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alwaysRA23 wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 14:13

so you gunna line blake up when its on the road or what? its ok if you dont.. im sure heaps of people would be worried about his ma61...

its the perfect excuse to run some numbers at willow bank Smile cmon boys what do ya say!!! *puts on fast and furious voice* "lets settle this on the black top" lol

why not?.. if he doesent beat me i wouldnt like to be showing my face though, theres every reason why he should...
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Tue, 01 March 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ITS ON!!!! LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

oh sorry for the hijack blake!
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Tue, 01 March 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 13:27

alwaysRA23 wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 14:13

why not?.. if he doesent beat me i wouldnt like to be showing my face though, theres every reason why he should...

not getting any power down is a reason i couldnt. But hey, im up for the challenge when i eventually get it going.

Gumby when are we hookin up for a beer dude?
1uzmk2supra
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Tue, 01 March 2005 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HELLO I TOO HAVE A V8 SUPRA.
FIRST ID LIKE TO SAY THAT THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE NICE MK3 WHEN YOURE FINISHED AND ILL HAVE TO COME HAVE A LOOK, I USED A 1UZ-FE IN MY CONVERSION STOCK AND DOESNT HAVE QUITE THE POWER YOUVE GOT THERE BUT YEAH

JULY 04 I PICKED HER UP ABOUT 6 MONTHS AFTER THE 5M CRAPPED ITSELF. AS IM A CHEF MECHANICS COMES WELL ABOUT 5TH NATURE TOO ME
FOURTUNATLY MY DAD WAS A GREASE MUNKY BACK IN HIS DAY AND IS QUITE KNOWLEGABLE ABOUT CARS.

MY MATE HAD JUST FINISHED A 7M-GTE CONVERSION WITH EXTENSIVE INTERNAL WORK AT THE TIME AND WAS GETTING HEAPS OF POWER BUT I WANTED SUMTHING A LITTLE BIT DIFFERENT. AFTER SPEAKING TO NUMEROUS REPUTABLE BUISNESSES THEY SUGGESTED THAT GOING YA OLD CHEV OR SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES WOULD BE RATHER DIFFICULT AND COSTLY (NOT THAT THE 1UZ WASN'T). AND THAT QUITE A LOT OF HOT RODERS WERE OPTING FOR THE LATER MORE EPA FREINDLY TOYOTA/LEXUS V8'S

SO AFTER SOME TIME I FOUND A QUALITY ENGINE IMPORTER TOYOSPARES IN BAYSWATER, AND AFTER CHATING FOR A WHILE WITH MATT FOUND THAT THEY ALSO DID CONVERSIONS.
AND DO THEY EVER, WITHIN A COUPLE OF WEEKS I HAD MY 83 SUPRA FITTED WITH THE 220KW MAJESTA V8.(EXTRACTORS)

THE QUALITY OF WORK WAS EXEPTIONAL AND PERFORMANCE WAS GREAT.
AND IM GLAD ITS STILL ALL TOYOTA- BUT NOT STILL IN 1 PEICE I SMASHED IT, CAR IS A WRITE-OFF BUT MOTOR OK, SO NOW I GOT A NEW SUPRA WILL POST PICS WHEN I LEARN HOW WILL BE BACK ON ROAD IN COUPLE OF MONTHS
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Wed, 02 March 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

not getting any power down is a reason i couldnt. But hey, im up for the challenge when i eventually get it going.

Gumby when are we hookin up for a beer dude?

yeah when ever sounds good mate, this weekend or next weekend would be awesome. you still got my number? sms me or somethin
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Wed, 02 March 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1uzmk2supra wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 03:28

HELLO I TOO HAVE A V8 SUPRA.
FIRST ID LIKE TO SAY THAT THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE NICE MK3 WHEN YOURE FINISHED AND ILL HAVE TO COME HAVE A LOOK, I USED A 1UZ-FE IN MY CONVERSION STOCK AND DOESNT HAVE QUITE THE POWER YOUVE GOT THERE BUT YEAH

JULY 04 I PICKED HER UP ABO..............................

Shocked Shocked

use image shack image hosting

http://imageshack.us/index3.php

upload image, then copy and paste DIRECT link into picture icon in the formatting tools

http://forums.toymods.org.au/theme/darkblue/images/b_url.gifhttp://forums.toymods.org.au/theme/darkblue/images/b_email.gif-------->>>>>http://forums.toymods.org.au/theme/darkblue/images/b_image.gif<<<<<------ http://forums.toymods.org.au/theme/darkblue/images/b_numlist.gifhttp://forums.toymods.org.au/theme/darkblue/images/b_bulletlist.gifhttp://forums.toymods.org.au/theme/darkblue/images/b_quote.gif

brett

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Wed, 02 March 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you own the black supra that got its exhaust done at bayside mufflers???

Blake

Gumby, yeah ill give ya a yell man.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Wed, 02 March 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 19:41

did you own the black supra that got its exhaust done at bayside mufflers???

Nah
Thats 50UPD

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=usrinfo&a mp;id=5959&rid=4164&S=0ef1ac68636c376d4230 d123c5d86d80

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=48950&rid=4164&S=0ef1ac68636c376d4230d12 3c5d86d80&pl_view=&start=0#msg_446455
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Thu, 03 March 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some good news:

Exhaust will be finished tommorow Smile

Bad news:

Not enough time to do the custom headers so ill have to survive on stock mustang Gt ones meanwhile Sad

But nonetheless it should be ok for wiring up this weekend Very Happy
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST THERE - AT THE EXHAUST SHOP! Fri, 04 March 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well it came back from the exhaust shop today. All i can say is that the exhaust looks fucking huge in there!! Shame the stock headers look so small.

But we did hit a bump with my intake situation..conventional style filters hit the bonnet Sad I will have to wait and see if we can organise something, or a shaker is what might be needed
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Wed, 09 March 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good news! No shaker was required, i managed to fit a K&n drop down filter on it instead.

Just fiddly shit to finish off now.

Blake
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Wed, 09 March 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well come on, give us a gander damnit.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Wed, 09 March 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll get ya's a pic tommorow after another days hard work Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Wed, 09 March 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good blake. Looks like your car is going to be going before mine. Who would have thought! Razz
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Thu, 10 March 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blake: i can host your pics if you want. Give me a pm.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Thu, 10 March 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok norbies about to host a couple of pics for me.

But what you'll see is:

Top radiator hose - i managed to get my hands on one of these gucci radiator filters - it stops all the crap going back into your motor! well worth the money!

The hose itself is a FORD FALCON EF V8 bottom one (lhs) and the rhs of it is off a VT commodore 3.8 bottom hose. I somehow think two off the VT would be fine, but no such luck as one was all there was in stock!

The air filter is the thing i finally managed to get to fit in, and top drawing as well, it should work very well airflow-wise. the carby might be the only thing to let me down.

The hiace overflow bottle has also been mounted in there. I already have an oil pressure gauge, so i figured i might as well use the oil light on the dash for the warning of low coolant level. (hiaces have a low coolant sensor in their bottles)

And the exhaust off course. Not small eh? Cool Ignore the silver pipe - i had to make do with a std set of headers until i get back from the nats. after the cats is all permanent mandrel bent though. FOr those who dont already know, its a twin 3" merging into one 3.5" - drainpipe material! Laughing
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Thu, 10 March 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
come on hurry up with the pics
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Thu, 10 March 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AIR FILTER:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/norbee/Blake/air%20 filter.jpg
EXHAUST FRONT HALF:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/norbee/Blake/exhaus t%20front%20half.jpg
EXHAUST REAR HALF:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/norbee/Blake/exhaus t%20rear%20half.jpg
HIACE OVERFLOW BOTTLE:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/norbee/Blake/hiace% 20overflow%20bottle%20mounted.jpg
TOP RADIATOR HOSE:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/norbee/Blake/top%20 radiator%20hose.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 10 March 2005 10:34]

Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Thu, 10 March 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice, i still look forward to the day that thing cops a motec ITB's and DFI!
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Thu, 10 March 2005 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 20:38

nice, i still look forward to the day that thing cops a motec ITB's and DFI!

and i look forward to winning the lottery Laughing
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Thu, 10 March 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love that super responsive sticker Laughing

oh and teh engine is wickid too Very Happy
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Sun, 13 March 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok well thanks to norbie and wilbo, i have 95% finished off the instrument cluster, almost all wires have been run and all going well with the coil etc tommorow, i should be able to fire it up tommorow nite...
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Sun, 13 March 2005 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I accept no responsibility when the wiring catches fire and the whole bastard burns to the ground. It's Wilbo's fault.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Sun, 13 March 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 01:12

and the whole bastard burns to the ground.

You are talking about the car aren't you?
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Sun, 13 March 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its got me fugged why both indicator lights on the dash run when one indicator is on Confused

Seems also weird how since i ran a new wire for the brake light it doesnt run on anymore...like it came on for the first few times and then stopped coming on? and i havent even connected it to the dash...wierd.. Confused

For any of those doing an SA63 --> MA61 cluster swap beware that the fuel sender in the ma61 is different (it has a dual scale sender so it does all screwy things...

[Updated on: Sun, 13 March 2005 23:59]

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Mon, 14 March 2005 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 10:28

For any of those doing an SA63 --> MA61 cluster swap beware that the fuel sender in the ma61 is different (it has a dual scale sender so it does all screwy things...

Thats why I have scored a RA65 fuel level sender !!!

I'd be interested to swap the wiring logic as it may help with my cluster swap.

PM me or email me direct on michael.bachmann@gm.com

Cheers

Michael B
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Mon, 14 March 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll email you the circuit pin-out diagrams Norbie and i did michael. that made it a lot easier believe me!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Mon, 14 March 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't send anyone the crap I scribbled down, most of it is wrong. I'll document it all properly next time I'm over.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Mon, 14 March 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
glad i didnt continue wiring myself Razz
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Mon, 14 March 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds cool blake, looking forward to the finished product...

and just coz i'm lazy and cant be bothered going back through the threads, what gearbox are you running again?

ryley

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Mon, 14 March 2005 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im running an R154 dude.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Mon, 14 March 2005 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers buddy Very Happy
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Mon, 14 March 2005 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 22:24

Don't send anyone the crap I scribbled down, most of it is wrong. I'll document it all properly next time I'm over.

Any help I can get is great. Electricity and car wiring and me don't co-exist real well Rolling Eyes
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Tue, 15 March 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Tue, 15 March 2005 06:38

Norbie wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 22:24

Any help I can get is great. Electricity and car wiring and me don't co-exist real well Rolling Eyes

you n me both buddy
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Sat, 19 March 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok today saw the installation of a PS cooler, will get pics asap. i used a TP/TR/TS??? magna Transmission cooler and just made some brackets to hold it there...should work with a bit of luck..providing it doesnt leak Rolling Eyes

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Tue, 29 March 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got the thing timed today. Also dizzy installation...enough to crank it Smile

due to no sump plug! Mad (the old one has stripped the threat both on it and the nut in the sump - bigg issues!) so that now needs to be sorted

If i can hace that one thing done i will be able to start it on thursday Very Happy

blake
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Tue, 29 March 2005 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So close! Need pics!
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Tue, 29 March 2005 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Tue, 29 March 2005 23:22

due to no sump plug! Mad (the old one has stripped the threat both on it and the nut in the sump - bigg issues!) so that now needs to be sorted

Bugger blake, that will be a pain to fix.

Enough thread in the boss that you can go to the next size up plug ?

Cheers

Michael B
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Tue, 29 March 2005 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good Blake.

Looks like your car is going to be finished before mine! Smile

BTW you still want that auto?
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Wed, 30 March 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
u better have this thing ready by powercruise in august
Pages (7): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Camry SV21
Next Topic:PIX of my Camry SV21..... :)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 14:13:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.013149976730347 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.