Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What I don't reckon? -SIL80- Sun, 19 September 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much did you lose dude?

Sad to hear that shit also...what a prick...atm i am soo pissed off at people that try to sell dodgey shit!

I feel for ya man!
  Send a private message to this user    
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: What I don't reckon? -SIL80- Sun, 19 September 2004 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im not on his side but why would you even consider asking for your deposit back.
As I see it a deposit is basically a percentage of the final price, in agreement that you will purchase the car once you have the total amount of money, and to therefore hold the car and prevent it being sold to anyone else.
If YOU pulled out of the sale then YOU have broken the agreement and therefore he is entitled to keep the deposit. You should have had the car checked before paying a deposit.

I don't know why he is threatening to take you to court though. He does sound like a dodgy bastard.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: What I don't reckon? -SIL80- Sun, 19 September 2004 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Two lessons to be learnt here.

1. Stick with toyota

2. Get the car inspected before putting your money where your mouth is...or alternatively before putting money where your mouth is, ask what the deal is with getting the dosh back if you get cold feet....I'm pretty sure there are laws regarding the number of days you have of a 'cooling off' period when you put a deposit down on a car.
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: What I don't reckon? -SIL80- Sun, 19 September 2004 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
About asking for the deposit back.. If u ask me it is definately worth a try.no?
And yeah Sillycar88 i feel for ya man.the same exact thing happened to my mate while lookin for his 1st car.done up EB falcon 5spd,full gt bodykit etc.ended up being fucked.he got his deposit back lucky thou, but he was cut that he wasted like $120 opn an racv inspection..
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: What I don't reckon? -SIL80- Mon, 20 September 2004 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin wrote on Sun, 19 September 2004 17:37

Im not on his side but why would you even consider asking for your deposit back.
As I see it a deposit is basically a percentage of the final price, in agreement that you will purchase the car once you have the total amount of money, and to therefore hold the car and prevent it being sold to anyone else.
If YOU pulled out of the sale then YOU have broken the agreement and therefore he is entitled to keep the deposit. You should have had the car checked before paying a deposit.

I would assume that the agreement would be that he puts down the deposit on the understanding that the car passes a check over. That would be a verbal contract whereby the deposit is only valid if the rest of the requirements are meet, ie the car isn't a complete dog.

At least you only lost a deposit rather than all the money the car costs plus a bunch for all of the repairs, if it was repairable.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: What I don't reckon? -SIL80- Mon, 20 September 2004 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's really shit dude... Whether or not you are entitled to your deposit back really depends on the conditions under which you gave it to him. It is still worth a try getting it back though... You wouldn't want to let that guy have any of your money for free.

When I bought the Cressida I made sure I used the words "I agree to buy the car only if all items listed attention needed, urgent attention required and safety on an RACV report are fixed" It didn't help though because he agreed to proffessionally fix the BHG that was detected but the mechanic he took it to did a dodgy job of it and left me with a corroding block. Never the less I had a $3500 rebuild 12months later. Mad
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What I don't reckon? -SIL80- Mon, 20 September 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahhh, it sure is a lesson learnt, it was a $200 deposit I lost which lasted for a few weeks while I sorted money issues, then an extra 179 to get the car checked. I'm actually quite glad.
Also my bro has done a full law degree and said not to worry about it, next time just ask him to draft an agreement with all the conditions outlining whether the deposit comes back if the car isn't purchased and such.
I might take my time now seeming I now have the money, I'm still looking for either a 180sx (sr20det) or a MA70/1 GT.
Cheers guys for the support.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What I don't reckon? -SIL80- Mon, 20 September 2004 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omfg are you seriously quaking over $379 lost??

geez man, just be thankful you didnt buy the car if it was a big as POS as you say it was!
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: What I don't reckon? -SIL80- Mon, 20 September 2004 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$379???

*sigh*

Man, trust me, if you had bought a dodgy car you'd be well more fucked off than you are now...I've spent thousands upon thousands restoring a dodgy car...NOT FUN! (well it sorta is fun, but expensive)
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: What I don't reckon? -SIL80- Mon, 20 September 2004 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had a similar experience with a friend a few years ago looking to buy an RX7. Car looked nice enough to get a inspection done, and turneds out to be a cut and shut (and the owner didn't know), and we got our deposit back as we agreed that the sale was done if there was no major mechanical or other defects.

They argued a bit, but relented in the end.

felt sorry for the kid that was selling the car, but it proves that the inspection fees are a worthwhile insurance !!!

Better luck next time
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: What do most of you reckon? -SIL80- Tue, 21 September 2004 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm pretty sure by LAW you cannot get your deposit back...
you can ring up the department of fair trading if you like...
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: What do most of you reckon? -SIL80- Tue, 21 September 2004 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SillyCar88, for the money you were gonna get the sleighty for, you could get a manual JZA supra! imported from japan inspected, complied! you would never look back owning a car like that.

I inspected my supra before i buaght it, found a few things wrong with it, oil leaks etc, and i talked the price down to $2500! (7M-GTE one). Fixed it up completly for about $1500-2000 and i would never own another car! they are supurb cars!
Galactic Soap
Regular

December 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? -SIL80- Wed, 22 September 2004 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dodgy Prick !!! Don't worry mate, your the winner out all of this, you didn't buy the lemon, now just go on all the silvia related forums, and post information about this car, so those who aren't as thorough as yourself don't fall into that trap.

Soapy
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What I don't reckon? -SIL80- Tue, 28 September 2004 08:56 Go to previous message
Yeah I'm quite over it now, not fussed.
I'm going to try find a stock 180SX, with no mods, or even go to an importer and get one that hasn't been driven on Australian roads, that way I have I good idea on its history and can build it up myself knowing how it's all been done. Like making a sandwich, it always tastes better when you make it yourself. Laughing

And yes I already went onto nissansilvia.com and found it for sale there, and warned other buyers, I didn't go nuts I was just honest, I didn't even type down the problems, anyway 1 day later I return to find all my privledges taking from me, meaning I couldn't post anything and all my old posts were removed. No warning or anything, I even e-mailed the webmaster but he was too soft to reply. Now! would a forum like TOYMODS do something like that? No, not even remotely, the guys here will at least tell you what you've done wrong, and I find them all to be quite fair in their judgements.
T.O.Y.M.O.D.S GOOOOOOooooo TOYMODS!!!

Question: If I buy a Nissan can I still be involved in Toymods? Please?
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WA: Get Your Rego Papers Out!!!
Next Topic:SANDWICH advice
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 03:43:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065219402313232 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.