Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » How high is too high?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
How high is too high? Thu, 19 August 2004 14:37 Go to next message

How much would you pay?[ 24 vote(s) ]
1.It's already too much 10 / 42%
2.$1.00-$1.50 4 / 17%
3.$1.50-$2.00 7 / 29%
4.$2.00-$2.50 1 / 4%
5.$2.50-$3.00 2 / 8%
6.$3.00 plus 0 / 0%

With oil prices hitting a record high it begs the question, how much are you prepared to pay for petrol?

Personally, i'd go the $2.50-$3.00 margin... I'm currently doing around 500-600km per week at a cost of ~$30. It would take a hefty rise to force me to change my habits...

On the plus side, those people with 4wd's & V8's must be worried Twisted Evil

[Updated on: Thu, 19 August 2004 14:38]

Send a private message to this user    
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: How high is too high? Thu, 19 August 2004 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its way too much already.. its bullshit.. i want 60c/l again
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: How high is too high? Thu, 19 August 2004 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its too high already but i would pay about $1.50 maximum. After that it gets ridiculas. I remember when we scorned at 60-70cents a litre and i'm only 19yrs old. It shouldn't have gone up so quickly like it has.
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: How high is too high? Thu, 19 August 2004 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$1-$1.50, after that Im garaging my car and buying a motorcycle.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: How high is too high? Thu, 19 August 2004 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But what's the cheapest you can remember it being (even if it's before you were driving) I'll start the bidding at 0.28c Shocked

My dad used to work in a servo that even had a afterhours coin op bowser and at that price you could pay in change. The good old days of Standard and Super. Diesel was for trucks and gas is what you had, not what you put in your car.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: How high is too high? Fri, 20 August 2004 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
best i remember is mid 50's
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How high is too high? Fri, 20 August 2004 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was in the 30's when I started driving, and I remember people kicking up a huge stink when it hit the 60c barrier (apparently there was some sort of price capping in place back then).

People will continue to pay for petrol no matter what the price... it's a captive market and the oil companies know it. I'm paying three times what I used to pay for petrol but you don't see me giving up on cars... to the contrary, my Supra uses heaps more petrol than my TA22 ever did! Laughing
datman55
Occasional Poster

May 2004

Re: How high is too high? Fri, 20 August 2004 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love LPG!

I pay on average 40c per litre, and get 600km out of a tank in City driving.

Car is AU Falcon (factory gas) - Company car which doubles as tow car for the race car!

It cost more to run my wifes 2.5L V6 Mazda!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How high is too high? Fri, 20 August 2004 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I was a kiddie living in rural Vic, my Dad used to pay on average 15c for LPG (big thirsty CM Valiant wagon was almost cheap to run), and on occasion the price would drop into single figures! How times have changed...
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: How high is too high? Fri, 20 August 2004 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Callifo wrote on Fri, 20 August 2004 08:07

$1-$1.50, after that Im garaging my car and buying a motorcycle.

me too Smile
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: How high is too high? Fri, 20 August 2004 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheapest I remember seeing was 40-45c/L, and when I started driving I was paying ~60c/L & using twice as much fuel as I do now.

Anyway I still think we're getting cheap petrol compared to elsewhere. Norway is/was the 2nd biggest oil & gas producer in the world and they still pay $3 or more per litre...
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: How high is too high? Fri, 20 August 2004 04:02 Go to previous message
My Haitan mangs, I suggest you move to Europe then start complaining. Our poor Euro trash friends pay more than double for a lil litre of petty poo. Razz

I reckon about I'd let me pay abhout $2.50-3 before I sell my V6 for a lil sum ting sum ting a tad more economical. Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:SUPRAMAN!! (Kristian)Where are you?
Next Topic:question about that 1989 corolla sx video posted up resently?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:01:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0076730251312256 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.