Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » My AW11 in High Performance Imports Mag!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Benno
Occasional Poster

August 2004
icon10.gif  My AW11 in High Performance Imports Mag!! Tue, 24 August 2004 05:24 Go to next message
I grabbed the latest copy of Zoom yesterday and it was Bundled with issue No43 of High Performance Imports. There was an article about sub $10k cars and I thought, "there MUST be an AW11 in this article". I leafed through and sure enough, a white over metallic grey AW 11 SC. "Looks just like mine" I thought........hang on! It IS mine Shocked The author raved about the acelleration, assuming the car was stock but I can tell you it's far from stock! As bought it has a 175mm pulley, factory LSD, helper fan under the 'cooler and the BOV mod. I fitted a boost gauge and she's pushing 12lb so that beats 8lb stock. The article states that the brakes felt worn out but no mention of the shot suspension and the dud synchros in the gearbox. Still, it's the only car i've ever owned that has been featured in a mag Smile wow!
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: My AW11 in High Performance Imports Mag!! Tue, 24 August 2004 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice.....but i don't understand how you didn't even know that your own car was featured in a mag? Rolling Eyes
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: My AW11 in High Performance Imports Mag!! Tue, 24 August 2004 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My guess is that it was featured in the mag under "good cars to buy" *before* Benno actually bought it, right?

-J-

Phew - lucky I edited that before anyone saw and realised what a spakka I am Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 24 August 2004 06:44]

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: My AW11 in High Performance Imports Mag!! Tue, 24 August 2004 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joorsh wrote on Tue, 24 August 2004 15:46

My guess is that it was featured in the mag under "good cars to buy" *before* Audioslaver actually bought it, right?

-J-

EDIT EDIT! you mean 'Benno'
Benno
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: My AW11 in High Performance Imports Mag!! Tue, 24 August 2004 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The article was done before I bought it Smile It also says in there that the car was for sale in Kirrawee for $10K which is way more than I paid for it Laughing
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: My AW11 in High Performance Imports Mag!! Tue, 24 August 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benno wrote on Tue, 24 August 2004 15:50

The article was done before I bought it Smile It also says in there that the car was for sale in Kirrawee for $10K which is way more than I paid for it Laughing

thats so cooL!

:D:D
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: My AW11 in High Performance Imports Mag!! Tue, 24 August 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a nice little AW11. Do you have any piks?

-J-
Benno
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: My AW11 in High Performance Imports Mag!! Tue, 24 August 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup, heres some montage pix
http://images.cyclones-world.net/AW11SC int.jpg

http://images.cyclones-world.net/AW11SCext.jpg
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: My AW11 in High Performance Imports Mag!! Tue, 24 August 2004 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like im not the only person who's had their Aw11 in a aussie import mag.
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: My AW11 in High Performance Imports Mag!! Tue, 24 August 2004 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet its better than getting in the readers ride in hot 4s BRO ItS FULLY SIIIIIIICK
anyways yes im a bit weird
i want a aw11 soooooooo bad
maybe one day or maybe ill get a GT starlet which ever comes as a better deal when i actually have the money for it

right now im stuck to looking for a ae82 twin cam or a cheap st162
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: My AW11 in High Performance Imports Mag!! Tue, 24 August 2004 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get rid of the stock airbox setup Shocked !! hah and whack a turbo on it! much nicer than the 175mm pulley Smile
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: My AW11 in High Performance Imports Mag!! Tue, 24 August 2004 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think i saw that article, was that the one that had the aw against the starlet and some other car? where the reviewer says that "its too hard to get the aw11 into 1st gear, I kept starting off from 3rd" or some crap. and this bloke is supposed to be around cars all the time. Rolling Eyes
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: My AW11 in High Performance Imports Mag!! Tue, 24 August 2004 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've had trouble getting the mr2 into first approx 5 times in 6 months.
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: My AW11 in High Performance Imports Mag!! Wed, 25 August 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was it also the article that they put shit on the driving position of the AW11?
Import cars under 10 Grand or something... And they like the 86 best.
The guy said that the steering wheel was off centre to the driver... on the AW11. Either the author was pissed or it has an aftermarket seat that wasnt fitted right or had some kind of debilitating back deformity.
Yes, the centre console and door are a little off skew to the sterring wheel but in retation to the seat the steering wheel seems in the middle to me!!!

2c
Benno
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: My AW11 in High Performance Imports Mag!! Wed, 25 August 2004 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I was going "what??" when I read the steering wheel offsed comment. Maybe the guy is a gimp or something, there's no byline on it. I have the MR2 book by the English guy, Noble, and the amount of effort that went into making the AW11 a fantastic, inexpensive, real sportscar is amazing. To think they'd put the steering wheel in with major offset is stretching the imagination a bit far. Anyway, I've noticed no such offset and hey!! it's MY car Very Happy
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My AW11 in High Performance Imports Mag!! Wed, 25 August 2004 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude the rims look good but put some lightweight 15's in and she'll hammer
sprinterboy4agze
Regular

March 2003
Re: My AW11 in High Performance Imports Mag!! Wed, 25 August 2004 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont beleive everything the media tells you Smile
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: My AW11 in High Performance Imports Mag!! Wed, 25 August 2004 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the reporter obviously had a bung arm from spanking the salami over his driving skills too much!
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: My AW11 in High Performance Imports Mag!! Wed, 25 August 2004 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and that gearknob ROCKS
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: My AW11 in High Performance Imports Mag!! Thu, 26 August 2004 12:22 Go to previous message
Clown wrote on Wed, 25 August 2004 03:37

I've had trouble getting the mr2 into first approx 5 times in 6 months.

the guy in the article was saying that when he would start off he would be trying to start from 3rd cos it was too difficult too find first or sumthing retarded like that

Adamb131 wrote

The guy said that the steering wheel was off centre to the driver... on the AW11

yea this guy must have been a retard, or too much spanking, like you said Spanktown! Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:header and 5ME pics needed.
Next Topic:Finally Aw11 Pics!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:46:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058259963989258 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.