Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » NT/TAS » am i the only ke10 owner in canberra? surely not...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
indigoid
Regular

September 2002

icon5.gif  am i the only ke10 owner in canberra? surely not... Thu, 19 September 2002 12:45 Go to next message
gentlemen,

if you have a ke10 (or other 1966-1970 corolla, ke11, ke18, etc) i'd love to catch up and have a beer or three.

so far i've only ever seen one other (baby-poo yellow colour) in canberra, and i've been watching keenly everywhere i go.

sadly mine ain't on the road yet, and won't be for some time. kinda poor currently... Sad
j.
  Send a private message to this user    
trent_kershaw
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: am i the only ke10 owner in canberra? surely not... Thu, 19 September 2002 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My next door neighbour has one. He's 92 years old though Razz
indigoid
Regular

September 2002

Re: am i the only ke10 owner in canberra? surely not... Fri, 20 September 2002 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it registered and relatively dent-free?

j.
trent_kershaw
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: am i the only ke10 owner in canberra? surely not... Sat, 21 September 2002 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually it is registered and I would say completely dent free. I think it's a KE10.......
indigoid
Regular

September 2002

Re: am i the only ke10 owner in canberra? surely not... Sat, 21 September 2002 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
please email me (indigoid@higherplane.net) with the address of this person, i want to buy it
indigoid
Regular

September 2002

Re: am i the only ke10 owner in canberra? surely not... Sat, 21 September 2002 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hm, how to tell if its a ke10...

firstly, if its a ke10 or ke20 it'll have the 'corolla' badge just ahead of the front (or only, in a 2door) doors in an italic, or cursive lettering style. no later model corollas had this badge that i know of.

the ke10 has small, vertical tail lights. the ke20 doesn't.
also i believe that most ke10s had candyapple-red seats, though i haven't seen enough other ones to know for sure.

also the ke10 had a strut/transverse-leaf front suspension setup. if you can get close enough to have a good look, you should be able to see a leaf spring pack (3 leaves i think) with its ends attached to the middle of the lower control arms.

the badging is the best bet (and even if it was a ke20 i'd still be overjoyed to own it)

thanks,

j.
trent_kershaw
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: am i the only ke10 owner in canberra? surely not... Tue, 24 September 2002 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, I checked the chassis number. It's a KE20. It has corolla written in block letters though....

It's covered in little scratches. no big dents. can't really find many little dents either. I don't think that he'd be too interested in selling it at this point anyway, but I'll let you know if it's put on the market.
indigoid
Regular

September 2002

Re: am i the only ke10 owner in canberra? surely not... Tue, 24 September 2002 03:31 Go to previous message
Cool

utterly by chance was driving past some shops this afternoon and spotted a ke20 2door sedan parked there. went in and asked around until i found the owner. apparently their family has owned it since new. it wasnt in very good condition at all on the inside, but quite ok outside. they are very happy with it.
it also had a toyoglide badge, but a manual transmission... didn't ask about this.

oddly enough this ke20 had the block-lettered badge as well. i thought they had an italic badge, maybe it was just in the earlier years (this one was a '74).

thanks for checking this out... if the guy does ever decide to sell it i'll be there instantly

ta,

j.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Green Celica in Evatt
Next Topic:Wheres the Best place?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:36:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048320293426514 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.