Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
ae82 twincam vs camry Fri, 27 August 2004 15:06 Go to next message
on the way home from work, i had a run with my mate from work.

i drive a 100kw ae82 (but stock 86ke computer, with rev limiter at 7500rpm etc), and he drives a manual 2.0ltr camry.

both had a minimal wheelspin take off and were the same through first gear, and i started to gain by the end of second (95km/hr by this stage) and by 3rd (115km/hr ish) i was infront by a car or so.

honestly thought this was pretty average on my behalf. i expected to really munch him, but his camry did really well in my opinion! it is a stock car too!

i rekon if i had a run against a 3sge celica st162, id probably lose, or it would be really close!

is there a problem with my engine do u think? or is it just the way im driving it? i change just before 7000 rpm.
  Send a private message to this user    

Re: ae82 twincam vs camry Sun, 29 August 2004 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camry's are just good cars. You can be suprised by there power sometimes!!! They might not be the all mighty sports cars of Toyota's lineup, but they do have good power for what they are.

Cheers.

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ae82 twincam vs camry Sun, 29 August 2004 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you would be suprised just how a Camry with 3S-FE and a 5-spd manual does go, there not a sports car by any means but there not slow either. I personally don't think theres nothing wrong with your car in performance terms. for what they are they go alright the ol Camrys

congrats on the race! Evil or Very Mad
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ae82 twincam vs camry Mon, 30 August 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmm, i think u guys are a little biased on the situation!!!

if i only just beet a camry, then i doubt ill beat a celica. and a corolla ae92 sx is supposed to be just as quicker or quicker than a st162 celica, and the same engine in my slightly lighter car should be able to as well. but i doubt it will.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: ae82 twincam vs camry Tue, 07 September 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wouldnt the camry just be like the celica but sedan/wagon?
same engine kinda (3sfe) Rolling Eyes
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ae82 twincam vs camry Wed, 08 September 2004 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
exactly, its an economy engine, not a sports engine.

quite a difference
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ae82 twincam vs camry Sun, 12 September 2004 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just think what a Camry would do with a 3S-GE then Evil or Very Mad
ecconomy head doesn't always mean slow. It isn't a heavly worked motor so I wouldn't be worried about it just beating a Camry as for the Celica I think it will win in 3S-GE and GTE form as for the FE motor you might beat it the Celica is a lighter car (not by much) but has the same amount of torque the 3S motors have got a bit of torque about them
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ae82 twincam vs camry Sun, 12 September 2004 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok thanks.

but remeber, punctuation was invented for a reason.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ae82 twincam vs camry Sun, 12 September 2004 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bah...go the rolla's Evil or Very Mad
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ae82 twincam vs camry Thu, 16 September 2004 07:07 Go to previous message
pfft...go the 2L!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad, I'm not biased though, even if I like the Camry's and Celica's more! Very Happy Corolla's are good as well. Very reliable and go alright for what they are, I would own one.

sorry for the punctuation carsnactra. my bad Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Pushy Drivers
Next Topic:AE71 vs KE35
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 01:18:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067679882049561 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.