Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Queensland » Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Mon, 30 August 2004 09:05 Go to next message
I'm looking at getting a few of us together to take a trip up to Gympie for the Cooloola Car Club's next Motorkhana. It is held at the Roadcraft Skidpan just south of Gympie. Entry cost is just $20.00 per driver (spectators free) for a maximum of 50-55 entrants. Classes include 4 cyl, 6 cyl, 8 cyl, ladies, FWD and 4WD. Trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each class.

Chaos, Myself and a few others from the Toyota Car Club of Oz (Qld) and some Gemini club guys and gals went to the last one on the 22nd of Aug and had a blast. The ST165 performed f@#%ing brilliantly. It was the quickest on the day, but my only other 4WD competition was like Suzuki Sierras and shit so it wasn't exactly a fair match.

If we get enough people interested we might be able to organise a round for ourselves as the CCC 'khana days are usually fully booked out in advance. Let me know if you're interested and also give Katrina from the Cooloola Car Club a call on 5483 6413 if you want to compete.
  Send a private message to this user    
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Mon, 30 August 2004 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what sort of events do they have? sounds interesting.
NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Mon, 30 August 2004 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Motorkhanas are timed courses through a series of witches hats. Only m'khanas will be run on the day.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Mon, 30 August 2004 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wait till my v8 supra is going eric!!
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Mon, 30 August 2004 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SHIT YEAH!!!!!

ILL CALL HER 2MORROW NIGHT!!!!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Wed, 01 September 2004 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car is almost ready.. ill most likely turn up
Darkstar
Regular

January 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Wed, 01 September 2004 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah come and join all the commodores Confused

It'll b good to see some toyotas entering - some good cars for a change Very Happy

ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Wed, 01 September 2004 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing

the commodores dont stand a chance Very Happy

eric sign me up dude i'll DEFINATELY be there this time .. soo wanna throw my little car around Very Happy

although this time i dont wanna be the first one to the meet point .. especially when i'm the furtherest from it Very Happy Rolling Eyes

hope to have my new clutch and tuneUP Wink by then so i'll be giving it everything she's got Very Happy

btw any knowledge of the video's from last time??
chaos
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Wed, 01 September 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think my car will be too overpowered for a light rwd to make time on a wet track Smile
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Thu, 02 September 2004 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just start in third mate!
Laughing
NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Thu, 02 September 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i think my car will be too overpowered for a light rwd to make time on a wet track

Who cares about time? I reckon its just bullshit fun!!!!

Chaos, I will be getting some footagefrom Jeff this weekend so I can put together a Video tape before the AGM. You can see it there.

Hey there Darkstar, were you there at the last one, if so what were you driving?
NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Thu, 02 September 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can someone explain how to work these bloody quote things. I swear I'm braindead!!!!!!!!!!
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Thu, 02 September 2004 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
click the quote button down the bottom right of the persons post. It just highlights what someones said, in case you want to direct a response to that person.

I noticed november 7..i think the ma61 should be going by then Smile
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Thu, 02 September 2004 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 22:40

i think my car will be too overpowered for a light rwd to make time on a wet track Smile

unless ur hammering the shit out of it on boost, itll be fine...its not a thing about going fast remember, just keeping control of your car in slipper conditions under a bit of squirt!

On that note ill probly need to get some new rear tyres Laughing
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Thu, 02 September 2004 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=V8_MA61 wrote on Thu, 02 September 2004 23:57On that note ill probly need to get some new rear tyres Laughing[/quote]
thats something i would need too if i come down..
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Fri, 03 September 2004 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Thu, 02 September 2004 23:57

Jag7799 wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 22:40

unless ur hammering the shit out of it on boost, itll be fine...its not a thing about going fast remember, just keeping control of your car in slipper conditions under a bit of squirt!

On that note ill probly need to get some new rear tyres Laughing

in dry car spins wheels in 1st and second with anyhting over a 1/4 throttle
in the wet.. u can barely nudge it.. and anything over 1500 rpm(even at 0 psi) is wheel spin heaven Smile
Darkstar
Regular

January 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Fri, 03 September 2004 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, I wasn't at the last one, but I wished I had have been.....sounded like fun. I'll be there for sure though if all you toyota boys come down.

My car should be finally going by then (damn Uni work Mad )
NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Fri, 03 September 2004 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm positive I can muster up at least ten Toyota crew to Nov 7.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Fri, 03 September 2004 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add me eric, as ill be in whichever car i own, pref ma61 but ma70 would suffice Wink
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Fri, 03 September 2004 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put me down as a spectator eric! i'll confirm next tuesday nite, but it seems likely that i'll be there...

a should be able to take a passenger/co-driver as well.

btw - is this a no-alcohol event? if not, then i'd just love a co-driver - would be nice to have someone drive me home for a change Wink
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Fri, 03 September 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When do decisions to compete have to be finalised?

If I don't compete I might come as charles DD lol

Cheers
Wilbo
NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Wed, 08 September 2004 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wilbo666 wrote on Fri, 03 September 2004 22:59

Cheers
Wilbo

Not sure but will find out. They just recommend that you book ASAP to get a place, however last tme I didn't book but got a spot on the day, maybe just lucky I guess. Its a long way to travel if you dont book ahead though.

PS I hope I worked this f@#$ing quote thing right. I must be too old for this technology stuff Embarassed
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Wed, 08 September 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NOT162 wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 19:05

wilbo666 wrote on Fri, 03 September 2004 22:59

Cheers
Wilbo

Not sure but will find out. They just recommend that you book ASAP to get a place, however last tme I didn't book but got a spot on the day, maybe just lucky I guess. Its a long way to travel if you dont book ahead though.

PS I hope I worked this f@#$ing quote thing right. I must be too old for this technology stuff Embarassed

which guy were u at the meeting i attended?
NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Wed, 08 September 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ummm I'm the President of the TCCAQ (and again Rolling Eyes ) the one doing most of the speaking up the front. Smile Smile
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Wed, 08 September 2004 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NOT162 wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 20:13

Ummm I'm the President of the TCCAQ (and again Rolling Eyes ) the one doing most of the speaking up the front. Smile Smile

yes, congrats once again Eric Smile
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Wed, 08 September 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

the young bloke?.. the one blake and I talked to afterwards?
cool.. well ill be at this event seems i missed the dyno day
NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Wed, 08 September 2004 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool!!! With that much power you are bound to have a 5h17 load of fun.

Congrats also to all who accepted positions on the committee. Hopefully we might get a few new and interesting ideas for our club.
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Wed, 08 September 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 20:30

Laughing young bloke Laughing

/ducks

Very Happy

btw who is the youngest member Cool
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Wed, 08 September 2004 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ultimatechaos wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 20:54

Jag7799 wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 20:30

that lauchlan fella that comes with his dad?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Wed, 08 September 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be joining next month.. im 19... 20 in dec Smile
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Wed, 08 September 2004 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bloody young wipper snappers Laughing
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Wed, 08 September 2004 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe yeah they wanted new blood .. Smile

only 21 here. my mate i have with me is only 18 Shocked

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Wed, 08 September 2004 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im 21 turning.. 400
Confused
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Wed, 08 September 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i guess ill just go get my bottle and put a nappy on and go to sleep then
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Wed, 08 September 2004 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i am not working that w/end i dare say i'll come down for the drive, at least to spectate. Smile
NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Thu, 09 September 2004 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
btw who is the youngest member Cool [/quote]

I'm pretty sure it is Lachlan at the moment but if you ask Sonia i'm sure she'll say she is Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You guys are all so young!!!! Rolling Eyes I've got ten years on most of you Shocked Shocked

PS Chaos you'll keep Laughing
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Thu, 09 September 2004 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Fri, 10 September 2004 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NOT162 wrote on Thu, 09 September 2004 18:38

Quote:

I'm pretty sure it is Lachlan at the moment but if you ask Sonia i'm sure she'll say she is Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You guys are all so young!!!! Rolling Eyes I've got ten years on most of you Shocked Shocked

PS Chaos you'll keep Laughing

oldy oldy oldy oldy... i mean................. its o-kay
hehe Razz

[Updated on: Fri, 10 September 2004 00:33]

NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Fri, 10 September 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just you wait til Iget out of my rocking chair!!! Twisted Evil
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Fri, 10 September 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha
only.... 4 days till i get my car back... woo
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Tue, 14 September 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate...

When is the next motrkhana day...?

I'd be keen in my ae86 with its 4-AC OF POWER....

And when do we have to book????
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Tue, 14 September 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NOT162 wrote on Mon, 30 August 2004 19:05

I'm looking at getting a few of us together to take a trip up to Gympie for the Cooloola Car Club's next Motorkhana. It is held at the Roadcraft Skidpan just south of Gympie. Entry cost is just $20.00 per driver (spectators free) for a maximum of 50-55 entrants. Classes include 4 cyl, 6 cyl, 8 cyl, ladies, FWD and 4WD. Trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each class.

Chaos, Myself and a few others from the Toyota Car Club of Oz (Qld) and some Gemini club guys and gals went to the last one on the 22nd of Aug and had a blast. The ST165 performed f@#%ing brilliantly. It was the quickest on the day, but my only other 4WD competition was like Suzuki Sierras and shit so it wasn't exactly a fair match.

If we get enough people interested we might be able to organise a round for ourselves as the CCC 'khana days are usually fully booked out in advance. Let me know if you're interested and also give Katrina from the Cooloola Car Club a call on 5483 6413 if you want to compete.

and if u read the topic ..??

NOVEMBER 7 Smile
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Thu, 16 September 2004 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol....

Me not to bright that night.... Smile

Ow well.... i'll probably have a couple of other cars comming as well....

Talk to ya soon about it...
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Sat, 18 September 2004 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car is broken Sad

started accelerating onto the highway passed 6000rpm in 2nd then *pop*. engine stopped completely Sad

car is still sitting at the mech's, we're hoping its only the distributer but i've quite possibly broken something a little more serious. just have to wait till monday for a complete annalysis.

ChaoS.

[Updated on: Sat, 18 September 2004 02:15]

NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Sat, 18 September 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the words of my mentor DOH!
Hope its not too serious Brendan.
chadhoo
Occasional Poster

July 2004

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Sat, 02 October 2004 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be in that....i live in gympie so its not all that far for me to travel Rolling Eyes
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Sat, 02 October 2004 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sat, 18 September 2004 12:14

well the car is STILL being reapired Sad
Distributor basically fell apart, completely full of oil :/
then it appears to of caught fire, destroying alot of the wiring
which in turn shorted out the ECU Sad

soooo .. new distributor + new aftermarket ECU + wiring ... car "should" work ... get a definate answer by tuesday next week :/

ChaoS
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Fri, 15 October 2004 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My application form is in the mail (on its way to me) Smile

Cheers
Wilbo
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Sun, 24 October 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whether im there or not depends on if i have a license for my car or not.. currently am not allowed to drive car
man license test tomorrow
Danthuyer
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Mon, 25 October 2004 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soz guys i've ben fairly busy at work atm and i dont have internet at monet eith er:(

Is it too late Eric to get in on this Nov7 trip?? Myself and Brenden want to show you all what the corollas can do Wink
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Mon, 25 October 2004 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you'll have to contact the organisers asap if you want to compete.

ring Katrina on 5483 6413 or 0422 302633 from the Cooloola Car Club to get an entry form sent/faxed to you.

it would be cool if there's another supra there - otherwise it'll just be me and wilbo in the 6cyl class from TCCQ/Toymods.
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Mon, 25 October 2004 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've sent my application in.

my baby is back so i'll be driving whether i compete or not.

Smile

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Tue, 26 October 2004 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill come IF i can get it off work.. im quitting work this week.. so i might be able to wing it..
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Tue, 26 October 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Mon, 25 October 2004 19:25

it would be cool if there's another supra there - otherwise it'll just be me and wilbo in the 6cyl class from TCCQ/Toymods.

Damn you and your LSD tho! Razz

Cheers
Wilbo
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Tue, 26 October 2004 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wilbo666 wrote on Tue, 26 October 2004 12:28

thechuckster wrote on Mon, 25 October 2004 19:25

Damn you and your LSD tho! Razz

tho LSD + mostly-bald spare tyres should even things up a bit?
Laughing Laughing
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Tue, 26 October 2004 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a reminder folks that places are filling up - you should check with the organisers to see if spaces are still available - you wont be able to rock up on the day and pay to compete.

see previous threads for contact details.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Sun, 31 October 2004 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spewing, i have double booked. didnt realize the Motorkhana was this w/end coming. Sad
(mental note to self to hurry up and buy a bloody calender).

so it looks like i wont be there. damn it.
Danthuyer
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Mon, 01 November 2004 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn its come up fast. My application form still isnt here ubt I've organised something else.

So whats the go with getting there? we all cruising together i hope!?

oh and I may (fingers crossed) have a new custom exhaust on by then also Wink
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Mon, 01 November 2004 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyota car club (Qld) is leaving from carseldine Caltex at 6am sharp - so we can be there in time for the 8:30 start.

contact eric (not162) or one of the club social (jeff1600) or competition contacts(adam: what's your name here?) for more info.

they'll be talking about it at tuesday nite's monthly club meeting as well.

cheers,
Charles.
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Mon, 01 November 2004 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
hey all,
this is my first post here, as im usualy in the twincams starlet forum.

just found this thread while browsing and rang up cooloolah straight away and booked 2 spots for the day.

Im gona be up on the sunnycoast for the wknd and would love to catch up with yous on your way up to gympie. Wat time will yous be pasing thru near ettamoga pub do you think ?

Oh they also said there are a few spots still available
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:bwcp
Next Topic:SIZE DOES MATTER CRUISE; 14th NOV 04
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:55:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012969017028809 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.