Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Queensland » Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Danthuyer
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Tue, 02 November 2004 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YAY! I finally managed to get out from work and post the money up Wink

So I wll see you guys at the Caltex.

I can also bring along a few 2way UHF radios for the convoy if anyone would like one!?

Brenden......GO THE ROLLAS!!!!!
  Send a private message to this user    
NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Wed, 03 November 2004 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fearlesss wrote on Tue, 02 November 2004 10:15

hey all,
this is my first post here, as im usualy in the twincams starlet forum.

just found this thread while browsing and rang up cooloolah straight away and booked 2 spots for the day.

Im gona be up on the sunnycoast for the wknd and would love to catch up with yous on your way up to gympie. Wat time will yous be pasing thru near ettamoga pub do you think ?

Oh they also said there are a few spots still available

We'll be meeting a few people at Ettamogah Pub at 6.45am. Hope to see you there.

Craig, I'd love to get my hands on one of those 2 ways if there is one spare Smile Also where do you get them from and how much?

Cheers
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Wed, 03 November 2004 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NOT162 wrote on Wed, 03 November 2004 22:54

fearlesss wrote on Tue, 02 November 2004 10:15

hey all,
this is my first post here, as im usualy in the twincams starlet forum.

just found this thread while browsing and rang up cooloolah straight away and booked 2 spots for the day.

Im gona be up on the sunnycoast for the wknd and would love to catch up with yous on your way up to gympie. Wat time will yous be pasing thru near ettamoga pub do you think ?

Oh they also said there are a few spots still available

We'll be meeting a few people at Ettamogah Pub at 6.45am. Hope to see you there.

Craig, I'd love to get my hands on one of those 2 ways if there is one spare Smile Also where do you get them from and how much?

Cheers

you guys bloody love early mornings dont ya?
after this event ill be at like every event from then on.. as ive just got into my new job giving me whatever days off i want
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Wed, 03 November 2004 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, far out thats early but ill be there.
So how many other fwd turbo hatches are gona be there.

u can pick up 2 ways for anything between 50 - 200 bucks
depending on whether they are hand held or indash.

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Thu, 04 November 2004 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The early start is essential for getting the Gympie in time for competition. Is a fair drive from Brisbane and the gates open at 8:30am.

If you are competing, i'd advise not going out and getting shit-faced the night before.

NOT162 is a AWD turbo, i don't know about others.
Danthuyer
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Thu, 04 November 2004 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric - I should be able to bring atleast 2 with me maybe even 3or4 so that should be no worries Wink as per fearless....they range from $70 (set of 2 small ones) to 200 for one with good range. I recommend UNIDEN if your getting one. a 1 Watt 40 Channel UHF with a range of 3 km's is ample for such events.

2 watt 40 chan 5km's is better though Wink

fearless - alot of people mistaken my car for FWD turbo.......Wink
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Thu, 04 November 2004 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
danthuyer - wat is your car ?

so has anyone been to one of these before ?
wat actualy happens, do we just all line up and have goes on the track seeing who can get the best time. is it just one car at a time or can we actualy race each other. also how many runs do we get, can we have a few practice runs . is the whole track wet and how long is it . oh and also wat time does it finish.
i had a search around the net and i couldnt find any sites about the cooloolah club or the motorkhana, i did find the track website though and it looks like some sort of defensive driving school thing.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Fri, 05 November 2004 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the site is a defensive driving skid pan. the entire track is a cement pad kept wet with system of sprays.

what is motorkhana?
<http://www.honda-oz.org.au/sportact.htm>
scroll down to section on Motorkhana

or (from <http://www.hcmc.org.nz/>) ...
An excellent way to start motorsport, a Motorkhana involves driving around various short courses marked by plastic cones. The time is recorded and penalties are added for knocking over the cones or not completing the course correctly. Usually smaller cars do well, but it is more the skill of the drivers car handling that provides the winner.
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Fri, 05 November 2004 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweeeeett. i cant wait,
i wish it was sunday morning right now damn it, or hopefully it will rain tonight and ill go find an industrial area to practise.
Ryota22
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Fri, 05 November 2004 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i went to the last one and had a ball.....drivin ta22 13b lockdiff, as my sign says i kinda went round alot but this time less power and try not too lose direction...or get dizzy Laughing Mad any way just answer a few Qs 10 tracks (8 small & 2 large), 1 chance at each track, only 1 car at a time,most of the skid pan is wet (irrigated)and even gets a bit deep in places toward the end of the day Laughing Laughing dont remember exactly what time it finished but i was home in brissy be4 dark. food and drinks are avail, but sadly No Alcohol is allowed on site and they are quite strict about this.I left the last one after havin a bit of a shocka on the times but i figured i'd payed me 20 bucks i was just gettin good value as long as you dont stay out there for too long its all good Laughing it all ads up too 1 f#$%n great day Very Happy 2 sleeps to go!!! cmon over and say gday ill be in the toyorota Razz
jeff1600
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Sat, 06 November 2004 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only 1 sleep to go guys. Very Happy Go the TA22 with the locked diff!! I've locked mine, so now I can challenge the rotor for most time going in a circle. Very Happy Look forward to seeing all of you at teh Caltex in the morning.
BTW: Two motorkhanas ago there was a RBT about 200m down the road from the Caltex, so if you go out tonite, drink a bottle of listerine in the morning so they let you go. Laughing
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Sat, 06 November 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you guys organise your own one, let me know. ill probably be in for it.
the idea of getting up that early after going out doesnt really seem all that appealing to me for some reason Smile
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Sun, 07 November 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow, I had fun! not as much as I think Lincon had, but still heaps! (note to self, get locker Wink)

also any chance of us getting a list of times? mainly so I can laugh at myself Smile

also congrats to Eric (winner of the 4wd class and the fastest 'circle lap'), and the other ppl that did some winning! Smile

awesome stuff boys.

Cheers
Wilbo
Danthuyer
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Sun, 07 November 2004 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOW What a fantastic day...even the crap weather couldn't dapen our spirits Very Happy

Well done Eric, Simon, Adams brother and mr CRX for winning their trophies (soz im bad with names)

and what a way to finish the day??? 4 laps at speed around a big loop!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Cant wait to see video/pipcs ....especially when i was heading straight for the marque to say 'HELLO!"
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Sun, 07 November 2004 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

HOLLY DOODLE.
thats got to be the most fun ive had in my car since ive baught it. Damn fwd drive cars though next time ill have a RWD.

Thanks to who ever organised this. it was a tops day.

and what a way to finish the day??? 4 laps at speed around a big loop!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

i had to leave early ! plz dont tell me yous got to race around the big track !! aghh that would really suck cause i had to go.
how many other tracks were their after the 2 star tracks with the cone in the middle.

thanx again , im diffently comming to the next one, and time sheets should be great for a laugh.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Mon, 08 November 2004 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stop making me pissed that i couldnt come Sad
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Mon, 08 November 2004 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had a fantastic time - no prizes for quick times as we had Wilbo's super-crap balding tyres on the back for 'less than optimal grip' - but getting the big beastly MA61 sideways was a ball!

for a first-time competitor it was great - plus very entertaining to see the toyota club cars (from the locked-diff-TAs right up to Mark's work-barge 1J-GE soarer) do their stuff - particularly Lincoln's many attempts to do consecutive spins in the rotary-powered TA.

damage? none so far - clutch got a bit hot and the thermo-clutch fan seems to no longer lockup - but they're all replacable Wink
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Mon, 08 November 2004 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like you guys had a good time!

Unfortunately, I had a massive test this morning which I had to study for so I couldn't come.

I have already given my details to Jeff1600 for the next one though! Taking the ke70 out. should get better tyres by then!

Any pics or vids?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Tue, 09 November 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that a negative for piccies?
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Tue, 09 November 2004 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Tue, 09 November 2004 21:13

is that a negative for piccies?

Pics should be around! As well as some vid footage....

I think its just a matter of waiting!

Cheers
Wilbo
Danthuyer
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Tue, 09 November 2004 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric + Sonya have some pics. but their PC is buggered atm Sad

thre was a bit of video shot..so we will have to wait for that!
NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Sat, 13 November 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can check out the very limited number of photos on my website at http://toyotacarclub.fanspace.com Very Happy

Craig, you wouldn't beleive it. My Video camera is playing up. I can't watch or convert the footage as the cassette door won't close. It will be at least three weeks until I check relive our fun on the skidpan. If anyone lives on the Northside and has a mini DV Camera I could use just to convert footage please let me know.

Cheers Sad Mad Sad Mad Sad Crying or Very Sad
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Wet Concrete Motorkhana Nov 7 (Gympie) Sat, 13 November 2004 12:11 Go to previous message
a few more pics are here;
http://www.mkhala.com.au/thechuckster/gympie_tcc/g ympie_tcc.html
there's a lot of video footage of the day (i think there were 4 video cameras just in the TTCQ mob).
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:bwcp
Next Topic:SIZE DOES MATTER CRUISE; 14th NOV 04
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:03:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0083131790161133 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.