Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Thu, 02 September 2004 05:28 Go to next message
Even though this happened a few weeks ago I thought I'd share it. Yes it was me in my MA61. Waiting at the lights on windsor road where it crosses over the M2. I had a mate in the car with me, and while we're sitting there at the red light there's a rumble and a white lancer pulls up next to us. I look over and straight away start laughing and so does my mate, seeing a riced up lancer in a body kit. But we both stop laughing at almost exactly the same time and say together "...wait a minute"...
<peer down at rims>
<peer through window at interior>
<peer at brakes>

"HOLY SHIT!@"

Brand spanking mitsubishi evo 8

That's when I make eye contact with the guy driving it, with my mouth open, and he's just looking at me smiling and nodding.

This is where my mates starts yelling "Go it!! Fukn nail it!! go it go it!!" and I'm there going "HAHAHAHA - Oh man, I'm gunna get destroyed".

Now I should also point out at this point that he had 4 people in the car - there were two guys in the front and two chicks in the back.

Anyway, the light goes green and we both dump it. Now my car ain't slow. In fact as most people who know it will tell you, it's pretty damn quick - but I wasn't expecting to win. I was not however, expecting to get so hopelessly and utterly slaughtered. By the time I pulled second gear and was starting to stretch it out, he was about 5 car lengths ahead. I shit you not, it was unbelievable.

What surprised me was that I held him by third gear, and stayed that way. I couldn't gain on him at all, but he at least stopped pulling ahead so embarrasingly Smile

I guess when I think about it, it makes sense. 4wd will always get the jump, and 4wd will always be slower at the higher end. I just wasn't expecting the difference to be so noteable.

Needless to say, both me and my mate were laughing our heads off like 10-year-olds at a dick joke, and the other guy was grinning and nodding when we pulled up at the next lights too, but it was all good fun.

Anyway, story time over kiddies.

-J-
  Send a private message to this user    
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Thu, 02 September 2004 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice....

Now you should set your sights to beat him! Very Happy

Thats what i am aimin for!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Thu, 02 September 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn, an EVO VIII can only do a mid-13 quarter. To lose by that much, you'd have to be only able manage say, a flat 14? Increase the power! Make sure he doesn't win Smile

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Thu, 02 September 2004 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe good story man, now have you learned your lesson?

up the powah! Very Happy

btw I think I saw you driving through Epping the other day.. not sure

anyway, so many cops in BH I hate it.. and always get scared when I have a race off the lights.. it seems particularly that stretch of windsor road always seems to have at least one
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Thu, 02 September 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon I probably would have started to pull on him if we left it going long enough, but that's a pretty stupid thing to do on a public road. In a quarter mile I really don't know who'd win, but 0-100 for those things is just devastating.

More power is really something I don't need! As it is I have to moderate first and second to stop it just chewing up tyres.

-J-

[Updated on: Thu, 02 September 2004 07:14]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Thu, 02 September 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but chewing up tyres is the funnest bit, is it not!

Thats why god invented retreads! Very Happy
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Thu, 02 September 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Thu, 02 September 2004 17:56

please tell me you are joking!!!
retreads are the devil.

Nice story Joorsh! Can't wait until I get my chance to race an EVO of any sort!

Your car would definitely be no slouch!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Thu, 02 September 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Thu, 02 September 2004 21:16

MR 1GGTE wrote on Thu, 02 September 2004 17:56

please tell me you are joking!!!
retreads are the devil.

Nice story Joorsh! Can't wait until I get my chance to race an EVO of any sort!

Your car would definitely be no slouch!

Retreads = cheap and crappy and they go boom good, what more could you want from a tyre that is used specifically for burnouts!
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Thu, 02 September 2004 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

what more could you want from a tyre that is used specifically for burnouts!

Something that isn't going to take half your wheel flare with it when it goes!! Shocked

-J-

[Updated on: Thu, 02 September 2004 12:08]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Thu, 02 September 2004 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joorsh wrote on Thu, 02 September 2004 21:37

Quote:

what more could you want from a tyre that is used specifically for burnouts!

Something that isn't going to take half your wheel flare with it when it goes!! Shocked

-J-

That is true, forgot the rear bumpers dont come off quite as easy on MA61's as they do on VK commies, that could be a problem then Confused
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Sat, 04 September 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its basically impossible for anyone to beat an evo off the line.. they are griptastic
im guessing you didnt fully launch it though(auto or man?)
if manual, do you find your 1st and second gears are sorta useless(like its hard to get the most speed out of them without spinning wheels... hard to balance between the 2)
good try man.. but up the power Smile
what is done to your engine over stock?
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Mon, 06 September 2004 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's a manual, and I was trying pretty damn hard! My tires are pathetic though, so it really limits my off-the-line traction.

And yes, 1st and 2nd gear have to be heavily moderated to stop wheelspin.

I think I'll go for better tyres before I go for more power - I'm pretty happy with the power it has. It's pretty much a stock 7M, with some minor headwork. Runs 9psi.

-J-
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Mon, 06 September 2004 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What are some good tyres for good grip in the wet and dry conditions? Coz i can't stop getting wheelspins on brand new bridgestones Confused
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Mon, 06 September 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hancook K104's are fantastic value for money, but they don't have a huge range of sizes.

-J-
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Mon, 06 September 2004 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bridgestone Potenza GIII's are a really nice tyre if they come in your size. Getting my Potenza RE711's for the RA60 was going from night to day, and a few people will attest to the fact that although it has no power, it sticks to the road with a crazy amount of grip for 205's.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Mon, 06 September 2004 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No shit, toyo proxes have proven fantastic on my previous vehicles and they will be going on my soarer when these tyres kark it...

They spin when you want them too and grip when you want to..

Of course they arent the greatest tyre in the world but at 165 a tyre for 16's they are pretty damn decent... Very Happy
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Mon, 06 September 2004 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got dunlop fm901's on my car.. sticky as all hell around corners.. but on 17's and with around 220ish rwkw(in shootout mode) i can spin 1st-4th
no ammount of good tyre is going to help you
about the best thing u can do is get some wide baggy 15 inches with softer suspension and good rubber..
id personally rather keep cornering ability
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Mon, 06 September 2004 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You just need some bigger tyres Johal Smile Name one factory car with that much power that gets by with 225's Smile
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Mon, 06 September 2004 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 14:20

You just need some bigger tyres Johal Smile Name one factory car with that much power that gets by with 225's Smile

235's thank you Razz
245's will be going on next.. thats the max that i will put on 7 inch wide rims..
if there was any chance of getting the rims widenned i would.. and run like 265's..
but they still will be smoked up
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Mon, 06 September 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joorsh wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 11:36

It's a manual, and I was trying pretty damn hard! My tires are pathetic though, so it really limits my off-the-line traction.

I think I'll go for better tyres before I go for more power - I'm pretty happy with the power it has. It's pretty much a stock 7M, with some minor headwork. Runs 9psi.

-J-

Imagine that baby on 15 PSI...itd be quite a match for the gayZ's! What headwork have you done mate? Mild Porting?
Id love mine to turn a GTE, but one toy is all i can afford at the moment...i gotta save for a house deposit..cant live at home all my life Razz

Maybe if i win lottery ill do it...or in another 10 years when im remotely financial (hopefully Laughing)

[Updated on: Mon, 06 September 2004 05:28]

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Mon, 06 September 2004 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 12:12

No shit, toyo proxes have proven fantastic on my previous vehicles and they will be going on my soarer when these tyres kark it...

They spin when you want them too and grip when you want to..

Of course they arent the greatest tyre in the world but at 165 a tyre for 16's they are pretty damn decent... Very Happy

toyos are fantastic tyres! Shame for the 245s on my ma70 they were $270 each!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Mon, 06 September 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 15:21

joorsh wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 11:36

-J-

Imagine that baby on 15 PSI...itd be quite a match for the gayZ's! What headwork have you done mate? Mild Porting?
Id love mine to turn a GTE, but one toy is all i can afford at the moment...i gotta save for a house deposit..cant live at home all my life Razz

Maybe if i win lottery ill do it...or in another 10 years when im remotely financial (hopefully Laughing)

imagine then u put a 1gayz as you call it off 15 psi and flog the shit out of the 7m again Razz
lol
as for cost of tyres.. my fm901's were 270 each for all four corners, 235/45/17's... and that was with a deal.. now they are replaced by a newer model
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Mon, 06 September 2004 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah a 1gayZ pulled 182rwkw with 3" exhaust and 15psi on the weekend.

Am interested to see what you get when you up the boost some more joorsh Nod Nice neat little cooler install you have there too, it should work very nicely!

[Updated on: Mon, 06 September 2004 05:42]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Mon, 06 September 2004 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$270 a tyre Shocked

You got ripped brother, the most i saw them for when i shopped around was $220!

V8_MA61, you are currently the king of extreme conversions in my book, so id like to see you go different again by building a 7MGZE, do you reckon i could be possilbe or effective?

Id do it but i dont like 7M's
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Mon, 06 September 2004 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 15:49

$270 a tyre Shocked

You got ripped brother, the most i saw them for when i shopped around was $220!

V8_MA61, you are currently the king of extreme conversions in my book, so id like to see you go different again by building a 7MGZE, do you reckon i could be possilbe or effective?

Id do it but i dont like 7M's

BAH! another 7m hater! You ass! j/k

Yeah ill look at the GZE idea one day Razz Just gotta find a blower good enough thats less than $4000 Wink

Edit: of course its possible, its just nobody has done it before so its deemed "not worth doing" because turbo is "easier"

Just like the G series ass end into ma61, and R154 into ma61..ill admit the G series will be a LOT of work tho!

[Updated on: Mon, 06 September 2004 05:52]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Mon, 06 September 2004 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 15:40

yeah a 1gayZ pulled 182rwkw with 3" exhaust and 15psi on the weekend.

Am interested to see what you get when you up the boost some more joorsh Nod Nice neat little cooler install you have there too, it should work very nicely!

yah and my car in same conditions(gear and such in shootout mode) made 200rwkw with 2.5 inch exhaust. .11 psi and 600x300x76 cooler
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Mon, 06 September 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been dyno'd at over 180rwkw at 9psi, but I'm reluctant to crank it over past that because I still have fuel cut at 11 psi or so. But yes, it would be VERY interesting to see what 15 psi would do. Prolly wouldn't be too good for the poor old 7M longterm though. fuel cut is at 11 psi for a reason methinks Very Happy

-J-
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Mon, 06 September 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joorsh wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 22:30

I've been dyno'd at over 180rwkw at 9psi, but I'm reluctant to crank it over past that because I still have fuel cut at 11 psi or so. But yes, it would be VERY interesting to see what 15 psi would do. Prolly wouldn't be too good for the poor old 7M longterm though. fuel cut is at 11 psi for a reason methinks Very Happy

-J-

teh reason is economy Wink (seriously..i dunno) but 15 PSI wont hurt a 7m...ive seen one crank 500hp before breaking a stock internal. i think that was 2* psi.

Johal that doesnt make sense. He has more boost, a bigger, stainless, mandrel by the look of it exhaust, but a bit smaller cooler - yet you make more power? Confused got me fucked!

[Updated on: Mon, 06 September 2004 12:49]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Mon, 06 September 2004 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 22:48

joorsh wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 22:30

-J-

teh reason is economy Wink (seriously..i dunno) but 15 PSI wont hurt a 7m...ive seen one crank 500hp before breaking a stock internal. i think that was 2* psi.

Johal that doesnt make sense. He has more boost, a bigger, stainless, mandrel by the look of it exhaust, but a bit smaller cooler - yet you make more power? Confused got me fucked!

yep and done in the equivalent gear(for auto)
might be his afr being way to rich.. on full power.. mine were 12:1 so basically perfect..
the cooler helps a lot too.. plus mine has manual which accounts for less losses and such.
i dunno if my small moving parts(such as tailshaft and smaller diff) would gain me any power cause of inertia and smaller moving parts.
will be interesting at next dyno day when they go head to head
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Tue, 07 September 2004 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bigger cooler is of no huge benefit without adding more boost to push the air throughh.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Tue, 07 September 2004 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 11:39

Bigger cooler is of no huge benefit without adding more boost to push the air throughh.

i was gonna say drag them, but thatd kinda be unfair your car weighing about 350-400kg less!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Tue, 07 September 2004 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

uhh.. yes big cooler is a benefeit actually..
instead of pushing hot turbo air into combustion chamber you push cold air in which in turn compresses air and lets more get in making for more power at same boost level
especially when the stock coolers are so shit
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Tue, 07 September 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 12:09

instead of pushing hot turbo air into combustion chamber you push cold air in which in turn compresses air and lets more get in making for more power at same boost level

Have you seen the stock jza70 cooler side? its by no means small.

in short a big cooler with small turbos pushing small amounts of boost = LAG.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Tue, 07 September 2004 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 12:26

Jag7799 wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 12:09

Have you seen the stock jza70 cooler side? its by no means small.

in short a big cooler with small turbos pushing small amounts of boost = LAG.

lol.. did my car have any lag?.. nope..
creates dick all lag
and jza70 cooler is by all means shit and inneficient.... jsut cause its sizeable doesent mean its any good
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Tue, 07 September 2004 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[/quote]
lol.. did my car have any lag?.. nope..
creates dick all lag
[/quote]

i dunno, you're telling the story Wink

[Updated on: Tue, 07 September 2004 02:46]

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Tue, 07 September 2004 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
beg to differ actually,

the flow rate is pretty good and the tanks are a pretty good size for a stock jobby. and my car lags fuck all even with 15 psi.

my car still has to be retuned for the lower altitude for brisbane as well....

either way, im very happy with the output of my car
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Tue, 07 September 2004 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would a JZA70 c00ler be a deceent upgrade for a 1GGTE??

or is it just not worth it?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Tue, 07 September 2004 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 12:48

yes
im not saying they are shit
just shit compared to bigger aftermarket coolers
chris: put a cooler like mine on yours and watch ur power jump again
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Tue, 07 September 2004 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill swap ya! Laughing
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Tue, 07 September 2004 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alwaysRA23 wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 14:44

ill swap ya! Laughing

save money and get one Smile
sell ra23 Razz
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Tue, 07 September 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NEVER!!!!!!
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Tue, 07 September 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 12:18

does the 1G cooler have outlets on either side, or one side? jza70 is a cross-flow type, outlets on each end.

jza70 cooler is biggish, but is a poor flowing design. For a few dollars more you could put a hybrid intercooler.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Tue, 07 September 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 16:55

MR 1GGTE wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 12:18

does the 1G cooler have outlets on either side, or one side? jza70 is a cross-flow type, outlets on each end.

jza70 cooler is biggish, but is a poor flowing design. For a few dollars more you could put a hybrid intercooler.

1g intercooler is basically a smaller 1j intercooler.. and my intercooler is one from mercury motorsport(like the hybrid ones) and it does awesome work
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Tue, 07 September 2004 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if I change the cooler i am not going to drop in a 1JZ cooler as they are small, and the new pipework will make it a pointless addition, a new cooler will be of decent size Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Tue, 07 September 2004 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive taken on an evo 7 ( it coulda been a 6 - but it was an evo in sure of this ) and beat it in the old Gt4 ..

for once i got " the perfect launch " in the gt4 - and nailed it onto a bend - expecting to be absolutely slaughtered - but pipped + stretched by about 2 and a bit carlengths

I blame a shit evo driver for the win - not for the fact that my car is " better " because even with the mods i have ( before engine upgrade ) id be hard pipped matching an evo in specs.

WRX's i can play with but im Always cautious of genuine evo's - those things pack an absolute whallop
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Tue, 07 September 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

just wondering why you say stainless exhaust? I wouldn't have thought that would make a difference?

Also, I have seen a non turbo beat an Evo 6! I swear this dude is the worst driver EVER! After his Evo 6 he bought an R34 GTR which had a couple of mods and in capable hands would go close to 11's yet he was beaten by a near stock R32 GTS-t! So his evo loss was to be expected really Smile Quite amusing though!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Tue, 07 September 2004 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 19:00

Quote:

just wondering why you say stainless exhaust? I wouldn't have thought that would make a difference?

Also, I have seen a non turbo beat an Evo 6! I swear this dude is the worst driver EVER! After his Evo 6 he bought an R34 GTR which had a couple of mods and in capable hands would go close to 11's yet he was beaten by a near stock R32 GTS-t! So his evo loss was to be expected really Smile Quite amusing though!

should drive an excel instead
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Sat, 13 November 2004 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NOT AGAIN!!!!

OK, this just happened. Coming down old north with a mate in the car - who actually happened to be the same mate as the first time! ... and what do I see up ahead? A white lancer with familiar looking licence plates. I gave it a bit of a bootful to catch up and sure enough - it's him again! This time however, he's sporting what looks to be a different, bigger exhaust, and a dangerous looking little sticker that says "RUF".

Well he must have seen me coming up behind him, because I hear him downchange and give it a bit of a blip. Now I'm already going at a decent clip because I was catching up - not full noise, but I was "making progress" shall we say. I soon as I heard him blip and downchange I dropped my foot to the floor. There was perhaps 1-2 seconds where I gained on him slightly, and then he's gone. Just gone. Nothing but a small puff of smoke from his exhaust hanging in the air. It's quite possibly the fastest I've ever seen anything move from 50km/hr to... well.. something very very fast. He was pretty much out of sight after the first bend.

Then, just to rub salt in the wound, I see him dissappearing around a 90 degree corner up ahead at what must be two or three times any speed I'd ever consider taking a bend like that.

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with RUF, but they're a very prestigious tuning house (german I believe) who normally specialise in high-end porsche modifications. Judging from what I have just witnessed, I believe someone has had some very expensive work done on what was already a very fast car.

I want a RUF tuned EVO 8 now Sad

[Updated on: Sat, 13 November 2004 13:58]

Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Sat, 13 November 2004 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn id love to see this thing in action
you need to start bringing a vid camera with you Very Happy
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Sat, 13 November 2004 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL dude, even knowing how much potential our 7MA61's have, after being taken for a ride in my mates EVO6, there is no chance I would even consider taking one on. Those things are just animals. They shouldn't even be classified as road cars as far as I'm concerned.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Sat, 13 November 2004 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Sun, 14 November 2004 09:00

LOL dude, even knowing how much potential our 7MA61's have, after being taken for a ride in my mates EVO6, there is no chance I would even consider taking one on. Those things are just animals. They shouldn't even be classified as road cars as far as I'm concerned.

haha agreed.. I also want an evo 6... I think my car would have a chance with close to stock evo's.. but any major mod and id be cained
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Sat, 13 November 2004 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, I know they are pretty fast but I don't think they are THAT fast.

Low to mid 13's is pretty quick though. I would have liked to race one when I had the stock turbos to see how I would go. My only point of reference is that I was dead even with an R32 GTR with "i don't know what mods" when my car had a dead stock 1jz in it with 3" exhaust.

Unfortunately, as there are shit all evos around (actually saw my first evo 8 yesterday) I don't think I will get to race one in the near future Sad
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Sat, 13 November 2004 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Sun, 14 November 2004 10:35

Hmm, I know they are pretty fast but I don't think they are THAT fast.

Low to mid 13's is pretty quick though. I would have liked to race one when I had the stock turbos to see how I would go. My only point of reference is that I was dead even with an R32 GTR with "i don't know what mods" when my car had a dead stock 1jz in it with 3" exhaust.

Unfortunately, as there are shit all evos around (actually saw my first evo 8 yesterday) I don't think I will get to race one in the near future Sad

especially not with car off the road Razz
Ive never raced a GTR.. but ive fully whallopped a r33 gtst with big cooler and exhaust(and id assume boost)
the thing with evo's is, they have 4wd traction off launch, so a stock one might only do 13.5 but they already are ahead of you off launch.. so if they are modded a bit they can keep the gap
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Sun, 14 November 2004 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive claimed an evo7 in my Gt4 - though i can tell you it wasnt because my car is more powerful/faster ..

The only reason i " won " im sure is the guy driving it didnt know how to drive it properly .. otherwise id be spouting " owned by evo " as well . They are supremely quick - kudos to mitsubishi on them . Id definantly have one in my garage
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Sun, 14 November 2004 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shame its the only decent car they actually build Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Sun, 14 November 2004 01:43]

joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Sun, 14 November 2004 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 3000GT isn't too shabby once you strip a bit of weight out of the porker.

As for the EVO8, he must live nearby because I've seen him around a couple of times now. Look out for him if you get a chance in the hills district. His number plates are "EVO ATE".

[EDIT] I don't suggest racing him unless you are intent on being thoroughly embarassed. Confused

[Updated on: Sun, 14 November 2004 02:05]

Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Sun, 14 November 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
took a r34 GTR running on 1.5bar for a drive once

that thing shouldn't be a road car, it was horrendous... but fun Evil or Very Mad
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Tue, 16 November 2004 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joorsh - i may have solved your mystery

Latest edition of hot 4's

Tuning workshop oddly called RUF ( www.ruf.com.au)

they ahve a pic of your EVO in a small blurb in the magazine - shes a tuning house special - not an average evo - no wonder you got owned !
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Tue, 16 November 2004 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I guess that makes me feel a little better Smile
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8 Tue, 16 November 2004 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
I still want one of those though!
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform
Next Topic:Last Night
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 13:51:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011404037475586 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.