Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Need advice on 3TGTE upgrade Fri, 03 September 2004 14:54 Go to next message
getn my licence back in 2 weeks and want the celica to be top shelf.. I currently have a rebuilt 3tgte with a bit of head work,mandrel 2.5 exhaust,big front mount cooler air filter,with the stock computer...i want to eventually have 150kw at the wheels,i know i prob wont get it with 4k but where should i start? ive been told mixed things about how much boost the standard computer and pistons can handle,and also what mods the stokk computer can handle..ie CT26 turbo upgrade etc
anyway i would greatly appreciate some feedback from people who have modified this engine before..

Thanks
Nath
  Send a private message to this user    
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Need advice on 3TGTE upgrade Fri, 03 September 2004 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Change the turbo to a better unit, buy an aftermarket computer and keep saving for the forged pistons!
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Need advice on 3TGTE upgrade Mon, 06 September 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
.bump.
rb20det
Regular

July 2004
Re: Need advice on 3TGTE upgrade Wed, 08 September 2004 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fro 4k id get pistons/ ct26 high flow turbo / rx7 injectors and a 2nd hand microtech or the like to run it. should be good for 150rwkw
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Need advice on 3TGTE upgrade Wed, 08 September 2004 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for 4k i would go the pistons for $1k, aftermarket ecu fully wired for $1k and spend the last $2K on turbo upgrade and 3in mandrel up to cat, then leave the rest as is... tuned properly i recon 150 is achieveable

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY keep an eye out on the head gasket at all times. or just go straight for the metal head gasket
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Need advice on 3TGTE upgrade Wed, 08 September 2004 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks guys,so ct26 is a good way to go on the turbo?or would one off a 200sx be better?i think they are T25 garrets??
I have a 2.5 inch mandrell bent exhaust soo ill stick with that and mabye get the head gasket done aswell...definately was guna get the computer,,I think EMS might be the way to go..
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Need advice on 3TGTE upgrade Thu, 09 September 2004 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
200sx would be better as is ball bearing, not sure if CT26 is bb or not. just keep in mind that with any turbo upgrade you need custom ex mani and thats what costs
stark
Regular

August 2004
Re: Need advice on 3TGTE upgrade Thu, 09 September 2004 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For 4k I would get forged pistons perhaps a megasquirt for EFI (A bargain at around 200-300 bucks with some new injectors. As for a turbo upgrade have you considered the ct15b off the vvti 1jzgte? there nice and compact and should spool up o the ole 3t much faster than a ct26 and they are much newer can be had for around 500 - 600.
Good luck
3T-GTE
Regular

August 2003
Re: Need advice on 3TGTE upgrade Thu, 09 September 2004 23:36 Go to previous message
Hi Riceburna,

A few things to note:
Not all 200sx turbos (t28) are the same. Only the "late model" engines have a ball bearing turbo. These come from the S15 or S14a models. So do you research on this before purchasing.

Yes, I would go for the ball bearing t28 over a CT26, however, the CT26 can be easily adapted to the standard 3T-GTE manifold, where as the t28 will need a custom manifold made to suit. So bang for buck, the CT26 makes a good conversion.

Have a read of this thread, as you may find this very useful.
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=40075&rid=3498&S=bdc0330a69e7c60af4de1d2 1e7849a93

I can not stress enough though, if you are looking to run a bigger turbo & higher boost... unless you want to see how pistons go bang, I would put in a set of forged pistons. Wink
With a set of decent forgies, & a few other tweaks here & there, the 3T-GTE can reliably put out up to 200rwkw without too much stress.

Hope this helps,
3T-GTE.

P.S. Don't forget to read that thread above... there is a lot of useful info & other links if you read right through.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TA22 wiring diagram
Next Topic:4age Vs 4agze
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Oct 6 00:39:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074219703674316 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.