Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » ACT » TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Wed, 08 September 2004 05:19 Go to next message
Well we have confirmation that the joint TOYMODS and CCG trip to Moruya is on 6 & 7 November 2004! Of course all Yota fans welcome.
Main Details of the Event are:
When: Saturday, 6th November until Sunday 7th Nov
Venue: Riverbreeze Caravan Park, Moruya
Cost: $15-50p/nite, go Karts $TBA

For local Yota fans I suggest we get organised on this post and keep an eye out for updates on the Events post. I am definately making it down, staying the sat night and returning Sunday. Imagine there will be heaps of daytrippers on the sat and sun so keep these dates clear!
Cheers
Mitch

UPDATE:
We will be meeting up on Saturday 6th November at Queanbeyan Maccas at 8.30am and leaving shortly after. Quick trip straight down through the Bay to Moruya. There is still plenty of accommodation so you can book what ever type you like.

You dont have to be a CCG member to join in on the weekend so anyone who is interested in joining in either email (mitch@canberracelica.org) or call me on 0408994410(AH).
Cheers
Mitch

[Updated on: Wed, 27 October 2004 07:21]

Send a private message to this user    
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Wed, 08 September 2004 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh woohoo I will deffinatly be able to make it down for the saturday...... in the MR2 Up To Something wonder how that would go on the dirt kart track Rolling Eyes kidding
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Thu, 09 September 2004 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there Smile

Anyone planning to book a villa? Or are you mad enough to attempt to stumble into a tent when pissed, without knocking it down? Razz Razz Razz

Cheers
Phil
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Sun, 12 September 2004 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you are planning on staying in a Villa, i suggest you contact the caravan park pretty soon - the good ones with Spas are being snaffled up pretty quickly!

All the details on park layouts, booking info etc can be found in the following thread:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=44539&start=0&rid=883&S=d93d8a0f987d 76a049507ecfd6d501d3
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Mon, 13 September 2004 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might be making the trip, sounds like a load of fun!, need some new tyres for sprinter, been having little to much fun now that it's GZE!!! hehe
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Thu, 23 September 2004 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whoo hoo, put my deposit on a Luxury spa villa, and no you can't borrow it!!!! Laughing
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Thu, 23 September 2004 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So does that mean you are taking the family or are we all raging at your Villa???? I bet we can fit at least 15 fat hairy blokes into the spa at once. I bags bombing off the top tower of the shower recess!

Im still working on the leave pass and options on how to get out of the park when the police arrive for the famour TOYMODS partying antics. Just cant wait to see the locals cop an eye of The Stitt in 'his' red bra again!
Mitch

[Updated on: Thu, 23 September 2004 07:37]

Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Thu, 23 September 2004 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Squid free weekend so it's an all night party!!!!! Very Happy
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Fri, 24 September 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I finally have my leave pass organised for the WE so Ill start sorting out some accommodation.
Hey I thinks it TOYMODS turn to shout...Rod....Karl....Luke???
Cheers
Mitch
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Sun, 26 September 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mitch are you going down for the whole 3 days now?

I can now make it for the friday and saturday, returning home that night, can't get Sunday off work unfortunatly, thats the one day I was hired for.

So whats the best way to go, a villa or a tent Rolling Eyes
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Fri, 01 October 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have finally booked a villa! We have lots of CCG daytrippers coming and a few overnighters booked in this early. As usual the CCG is notourious for pulling participants just prior to an event so who knows who will lob closer to the date.

We are thinking of leaving Queanbeyan at 9am Sat 6th (or maybe earlier if the guys want to) and head straight to Moruya. A lot of the TOYMODERS will already be there on Friday night.

These are the details I recieved today from Sharyn from Riverbreeze - Cabins available for Saturday 6th November:
2 people in a riverside spa cabin, with 2 bedrooms, fully self
contained kitchen, bathroom with 2 person corner spa will cost $105.00, extra adults $10.00 per person per night. The queen bed in the main room is made up, & you can hire linen for the other beds for $10.00 per bed or BYO.
We also have older style cabins available, just back form the river for $65.00 for 2 people, extra adults $9.00 per person per night. This does not include linen, which can be hired for $10.00 per bed, or BYO.
Hope this helps make up your mind!
Cheers
Mitch
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Fri, 01 October 2004 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hooray, a little update for the peeps, I have already done the MR2 motor in Sad got home last night and my main metal water pipe looks like it corroded through, so I lost most my water, it must have only happenend about 30m from the driveway cause tracing back thats where the water trail started. ohh well the heat gauge never went up, so I figured its fine, temporary fixed the pipe taday started it and damn it, she now blows shit loads of wet white smoke, I have water in my oil, and I can hear a sizzle when I turn it off. Sad I think I am gonna cry Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

so it time for another slight rebuild, only 700kms after the last one
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Fri, 01 October 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Joel, thanks for dropping round to show off the new cool MR2 toy. I can see why so many people aspire to getting an MR2. Do you think my Tweety might end up like an MR2 when it grows up?????

Anyway, why would you have water in the oil if you only split the cooling pipe that runs from the front cooler to the rear engine? It should only dry out and/or over heat???

Re Moruya, all I know so far is that Phil Lawrence and I, Seb and Pam are definates and booked for staying Sat night at this stage. Lots of guys say they are staying but I have not had confimation yet. Id say book in to a villa or tent site ASAP to make sure we have a 'Mini Nationals' type hit out!

Sure hope the MR2 doesnt need another rebuild mate!
Cheers
Mitch

TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Fri, 01 October 2004 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you done a head gasket Joel? Bad luck mate... Hope you get it sorted soon.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Sat, 02 October 2004 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats whta I am thinking man, but what would make the headgasket fail, the engine hardly got hotter than normal,and there was still water in the engine, cause it didn't really drain the pipe till I got home, So I dunno, gonna drain the oil later, and do a compression test, I was gonna maybe try just tightening the bolts cause when I installed it it says you need to recheck the bolts after ~1000km, but if need be, just quickley pull the head off and slap a new metal gasket on it.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Sat, 02 October 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aren't they stretch bolts? How would you recheck the tension after 1000km then? Mine had to be torqued to an intitial low figure (about 22 ft/lb from memory), then progressively 90 degrees, then another 90 degrees (They feel like they want to snap on the second 90!)

Maybe there wasn't enough torque on the head bolts?

Good luck Smile

Phil
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Sun, 03 October 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phil yeah I dunno then, umm I did them all up to the specs, in 3 passes up until the noted 44ft/lb, I think thats what it was, ohh well it was whatever it said in the manual.

Ok this is now weird, usually if you haed gasket is gone a compression test would show it right? I have water in my oil, you can see the differance from normal oil when you pour it, it gets really greyish cloudy, but I also did a compression test on it, and it seems fine, all the cylinders came at the same 187psi, which is all slightly above the manufacture specs, which may be likely cause the head and block were shaved, alos the engine runs like normal, nice and smooth, I have been told they run rough if the head gasket is leaking. Confused

So I am at a loss, I got some new oil and I am gonna drive it for the next few days to see if I have any more problems. if that is the case and its fine, but I still have water in my oil, maybe I should start looking at me oil cooler may have a leak, which is mixing the 2 ? Confused

(note the oil cooler in this car has a small oil line which runs through a section of radiator hose)

Phil whats your opinion? (i mean the real Phil, Phil L Razz )
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Sun, 03 October 2004 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strange... You would definately expect a low compression reading on the cylinder/s that had a head gasket issue, unless the leak was only between the water & oil galleries, but the steam in your exhaust suggests that there IS a leak into the cylinder.....

UNLESS by some strange means you have a crack in the head (would have to be pretty serious) that allows the water into an inlet or exhaust port, hence the steamy exhaust, and is leaking between oil & water galleries within the head. Then it would be possible that your compression test shows up fine, as the cylinder would still be sealing okay. Confused

The oil cooler as you mentioned could be a source of mixing water & oil, but wouldn't explain the steam from the tailpipe.

Looks like you may need to pull the head off & have it pressure checked for cracks if the problem persists Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

Hope you get to the bottom of this soon!

[the real] Phil Very Happy
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Mon, 04 October 2004 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats the even wierder thing my friend, its not steaming any more, it did that the first few times, after going for a lap of the block it stopped doing that. Confused

I got a compression check on the head before I put the engine together, it came back beautiful, nothing wrong with it.

So I am at a loss.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Mon, 04 October 2004 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bugger Confused

I guess you'll just have to put some fresh oil in it & see!

TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Fri, 15 October 2004 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont forget that all Yota fans are welcome to join in on the CCG/Toymods get together at Moruya. Keep the fingers crossed for great weather!

Joel
Whats the latest on the MR2 cuppachino problem???

Mitch
0408994410 (AH)
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Fri, 15 October 2004 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unknown man, I drained the old watery oil, from the whole system as best I could, put some fresh stuff in, checked it the other day and its fine, no water, and shes running great, with 1300km after the rebuild. so Yeha I think we are in the clear.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Sat, 16 October 2004 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha shit spoke to soon.

for some reason every now and then it must lift until it heats up and seals. so i dunno, i might have to go and pull the cams out and retighten the head bolts, I might do them a slight bit tighter than what the book says, cause they are stretch bolts the shouldn't over tourqe right

[Updated on: Sat, 16 October 2004 02:17]

TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Tue, 19 October 2004 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hope you get the rocket sorted by the Dynoday and then if not then at least by the Moruya weekend. Cant wait to see the MR2 tear down and back up the Clyde Mountain!
Cheers
Mitch
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Tue, 19 October 2004 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well thats all sorted but now my water pump is gone Laughing Very Happy Sad I didn't get a new one cause the old one still looked really good. Ohh well you learn these lessons, I have a new one here just gotta install it.

It will be all sorted by the end of this week, oh and the engine is all run in now, so she screams all the way to 7000 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Umm I am actually not gonna be able to make our dynoday on sunday, but the MR2 club has their Dyno day next saturday, so I will be going to that one.

Trust me i can't wait to see her on the clyde either Up To Something I hope someone has a video camera Up To Something
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: TOYMODS/CCG Weekend Trip to Moruya 6&7 November 2004 Wed, 27 October 2004 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We will be meeting up on Saturday 6th November at Queanbeyan Maccas at 8.30am and leaving shortly after. Quick trip straight down through the Bay to Moruya. There is still plenty of accommodation so you can book what ever type you like.

You dont have to be a CCG member to join in on the weekend so anyone who is interested in joining in either email (mitch@canberracelica.org) or call me on 0408994410(AH).
Cheers
Mitch
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Mon, 08 November 2004 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well what a great weekend we had. Sebastian, Pam, Mitch and I made the trek down. Apart from me getting pulled over by the Police (and talking my way out of a fine) the whole weekend was relaxing, stress free and a great load of fun. Pam caught three fish, Sebastian and Mitch caught one each and I just kept loosing my bait. The weather was just perfect and it was so cool to catch up with the girls and guys from TOYMODS without the stress of the TOYOTA Nationals hanging over our heads. Definitely have to do is again soon.

ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Fri, 26 November 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celica28 wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 13:27

Well what a great weekend we had. I just kept loosing my bait. Definitely have to do is again soon.

I hope that 'loosing your bait' is not some strange canberra code word for 'loosing your load' you sick demented evil puppy.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Fri, 26 November 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I hope that 'loosing your bait' is not some strange canberra code word for 'loosing your load' you sick demented evil puppy....

Geez, you West Australians get your own section on the Toymods forums, and you still gotta hassle us Canberrans here Razz Laughing

Cheers
Phil
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Mon, 29 November 2004 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any chance I can find to give Celica28 some curry and I am in !!!!
Cheers Phil.
Mitch.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004 Mon, 29 November 2004 10:12 Go to previous message
He [celica28] will just be happy that he is not being hounded about the "unfinished" '28 Razz Cool
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:CCG Christmas Dinner & Drinks - 11 December 2004
Next Topic:Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:44:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079159736633301 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.