Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » [VIC]AE86 Headlight Wiring Problems (Assistance?)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

[VIC]AE86 Headlight Wiring Problems (Assistance?) Wed, 08 September 2004 09:26 Go to next message
Alright, come across a sticky one.
Ive rewired the headlights in my AE86 to be run off relays rather than the weird setup that is stock. Which is detailed in: http://toymods.org.au/Repository/TechDocs/ae86_boo k/elec_wring/p3.jpg
Now if i read that correctly, the R-Y and R-G wires are grounded when the switch is activated. Now here is my problem. The R-G is permanently grounded when the car is under power. So the relay is permanently switched.
The R-Y is not grounded until the high beams are switched, which makes sense.

Anyone got ideas?

EDIT

Anyone in Melbourne (east) good with wiring and can try and figure out my problems?
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=44902&start=0&rid=2739&S=28e67c39108 86f6e1f9b89d85bd1ee0a

[Updated on: Thu, 09 September 2004 09:56]

Send a private message to this user    
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: AE86 Headlight Wiring Wed, 08 September 2004 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone?

Yes, im impatient.
DAMO
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE86 Headlight Wiring Problems (HELP) Wed, 08 September 2004 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Although this may be a crazy claim, the stock setup is fine, Toyota actually know what they are doing when it comes to wiring.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: AE86 Headlight Wiring Problems (HELP) Wed, 08 September 2004 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you serious. Have you even seen the mess that they call a wiring loom. That and i wouldnt even trust those headlight wires to run anything more than 10A, nowhere near the 30A which i am running.
DAMO
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE86 Headlight Wiring Problems (HELP) Wed, 08 September 2004 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ar Yeh, seen a few. I've had around 6 or 7 sprinters myself and being an autoelec comparing to other manufacturers it is quite good!!! Didn't realise you are running 360watts of headlight. Got a good alternator I take it as those microtechs dont allow for VD(I don't think), she runs lean and then goodbye.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: AE86 Headlight Wiring Problems (HELP) Thu, 09 September 2004 07:11 Go to previous message
Not running 360W of headlight at all, just like to be capable of it. 30A to both lights though, high and low beam.
I didnt quite trust all the burnt wires where the last person had replaced a 15A fuse with a 20A.

Any help with the problem at hand?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Farking Dashboard
Next Topic:Removing Front Water Outlet Pipe (4AG 100kw)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Oct 6 11:18:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0082879066467285 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.