Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » supra digidash.. whats the bit inbetween the car?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
HedgehogSandwich
Regular

May 2002
supra digidash.. whats the bit inbetween the car? Wed, 08 September 2004 11:27 Go to next message
Hi all...

I hit fuel cut occasionally until i fix it (well okay , a lot)...anyway.. as the engine light comes on the light another light also comes one.. you know the orange one thats in the middle of the car diagram on the dash between the suspension lights?

Does anyone know what this one is?

cheeers
adi

Send a private message to this user    
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: supra digidash.. whats the bit inbetween the car? Wed, 08 September 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I Thought it was for transmission. But i think it might actually be an engine light aswell. I wish i knew, but there is absolutly no information anywhere about these digi dashs.
HedgehogSandwich
Regular

May 2002
Re: supra digidash.. whats the bit inbetween the car? Wed, 08 September 2004 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could be transmission i guess...kinda makes sense as i guess when the fuel cut hits its fairly hard on the transmission.. perhaps stopping the fluid flow or something
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: supra digidash.. whats the bit inbetween the car? Wed, 08 September 2004 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm pretty sure its engine warning light
HedgehogSandwich
Regular

May 2002
Re: supra digidash.. whats the bit inbetween the car? Wed, 08 September 2004 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah the engine warning light is the one next to it.. that comes on as well Very Happy
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: supra digidash.. whats the bit inbetween the car? Wed, 08 September 2004 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can you get a pik of it?

I know I've got a wierd light that comes on my dash - this little green light down the bottom in the centre that only comes on once the engine is warm. I think it's just an operating temp light that was installed aftermarket.
HedgehogSandwich
Regular

May 2002
Re: supra digidash.. whats the bit inbetween the car? Wed, 08 September 2004 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its the one in the middle of the car on the pic below.. the orange one..

incidentally does anyone know what the orange ones above the wheels are as well?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/adiwilllow/2.jpg
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: supra digidash.. whats the bit inbetween the car? Wed, 08 September 2004 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The orange thing in the middle of the car couldn't really be anything except the engine. The orange things above the wheels would have to be something to do with the suspension, probably TEMS?
HedgehogSandwich
Regular

May 2002
Re: supra digidash.. whats the bit inbetween the car? Thu, 09 September 2004 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the engine light is another one norbie..its to the right of the car pic but isn't lit on that particular picture.. so the middle one is def for something else.

The tems indicators are the dotted bars at either side of the car.. so not sure what the ones above the wheels are.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: supra digidash.. whats the bit inbetween the car? Thu, 09 September 2004 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sure its engine.

Engine is a very general term. I can't remember if its oil pressure/water temp/fault code on the computer/etc. But its definately something to do with the engine. ie - your engine is stuffed stop driving it!

The orange lights above the wheels are the popup lights, either the mechanisms or the bulbs.

The light blue dots are the TEMS suspension
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: supra digidash.. whats the bit inbetween the car? Thu, 09 September 2004 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those orange lights above the suspension are your brakelights, when i pressed the brake pedal, those orange lights would light up and stay on until i restarted the car.
I checked my brake lights and all the connections to the bulbs were corroded and had bad earths, after fixing the connections the orange warning lights never came on again.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: supra digidash.. whats the bit inbetween the car? Thu, 09 September 2004 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In that case the light is for brake and popup lights, the diagnosis circuit would be the same (or the same warning light). Similiar to the blinkers, if any one blinker is bad then the blinker light goes on.

Makes sense.

Should be a 3D hollogram if you ask me.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: supra digidash.. whats the bit inbetween the car? Thu, 09 September 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep must be for both front and back lights, altho i don't seem to get a warning for my front blinker wich isn't working.

I also noticed there is a "MPH" light above the
"KM/H" light, except the MPH light isn't lit up. I find this abit odd becuase the US never got these digital dashes.

Also one more question for the experts, anyone know the formula to convert mmHg to PSI?

or what +5 x100mmHg = in PSI? i'd really like to know what level of boost that guage goes up to.

SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: supra digidash.. whats the bit inbetween the car? Thu, 09 September 2004 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
500mmHg = 9.7psi (according to my search on google)
HedgehogSandwich
Regular

May 2002
Re: supra digidash.. whats the bit inbetween the car? Thu, 09 September 2004 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wot a fun thread Very Happy

the brake lights are the other light.. just to the above right of the car pic if you have a look... the ones above the wheels may be the popups then.

suprapete - the light isnt on all the time... its only when i hit fuel cut. But its definately not the engine light. that is another light next to the car pic (not lit) in the shape of an engine (which also incidentally comes on when i hit fuel cut).

I think a light for the gearbox is the most likely answer... after all there is a facility for gearbox diagnostics on the auto , so it makes sense its the light for that. And looking at it i guess it kinda looks like a bellhousing shape.

PS the MPH display change is documented on www.jza70.co.uk .. worksin conjunction with a converter.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 September 2004 10:26]

dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: supra digidash.. whats the bit inbetween the car? Thu, 09 September 2004 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx for clearing that up pete, and if that's correct i'm boosting to the fullest the meter offers on stock boost wich i thought was 6.8PSI for the auto.

Interesting stuff about that MPH light i didn't know that.

About the brake light, are you talking about that red cirle with an upside down "!" ? That'll come on when the handbrake is on (you knew that already i'm sure), and also low brake fluid. Mine was constantly on when i first got the car, has a sensor when the brake fluid is too low.

Also... :)-
i noticed my digidash has a "ESC" light, i've never seen it lit up before. Is there a button that activates Electronic Stabilty Control? I don't have ABS, so perhaps i just don't have ESC at all and the light is there for cars that did come with ABS?? I do have some rusty old fuses that are for "CDS" and "ESC" that i never repalaced. Razz not sure what the hell there for.

Just a thought. but could that middle orange light in between the tems, be a knock sensor warning light?

[Updated on: Thu, 09 September 2004 11:47]

HedgehogSandwich
Regular

May 2002
Re: supra digidash.. whats the bit inbetween the car? Thu, 09 September 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope, if you look on the pic above there is a light on the top right that is a little blurred but is actually a pic of the car with some lines coming from theback.. thats the brakelight failure indicator. the fluid level light is another light elsewhere on the dash.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: supra digidash.. whats the bit inbetween the car? Thu, 09 September 2004 11:50 Go to previous message
you might be right, i should go take a brake light out and test, becuase i was sure those orange lights came on aswell as that little orange car pic with lines coming out the back. Anyway! no big deal, it's really good to know what things are with these dashes, i couldn't find anything on google.

any idea about the ESC? and what i said about the knock sensor light? I figured if there was a error light for the Auto it would be the O/D light, but that might just be used for getting the error codes.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 September 2004 11:55]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGZE alternator belt tensioner pulley
Next Topic:4AGE Alternator Belt (part number)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Jul 4 21:18:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.14222502708435 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.