Interstate Cruises and Events » Queensland » Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Thu, 09 September 2004 10:04 Go to next message
Hi Guys....

Just reminding everyone that Drift Nationals is on at Queensland Raceway on October 10th....

About ten of my mates are going and i was just seeing if anyone else was comming...

I will post my mobile No. closer to time so we can all meet up there and enjoy another toyota win Smile (as ae86's took out 1st and 2nd at the NSW Drift Nationals)

Hope to see ya's there....

Post if ya thinking of comming Cheers...

Sam
  Send a private message to this user    
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Thu, 09 September 2004 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SHIT YEAH! Very Happy
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Thu, 09 September 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, will try.

was planning on racing at willowbank the week before though so...?
joshske
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Thu, 09 September 2004 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where is the raceway at? Wouldnt mind going and having a look.
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Thu, 09 September 2004 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will try get there if im in town.... and if i am im there!!!!
mike
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Thu, 09 September 2004 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joshske wrote on Thu, 09 September 2004 22:31

Where is the raceway at? Wouldnt mind going and having a look.

qld raceway is right next to willowbank raceway which is near ipswich. You take the RAAF Amberley turn off and head for warrick. can't miss it
joshske
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Thu, 09 September 2004 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright cool, thanks for that man. Im still only new to Brisbane/Queensland so im kind of getting a feel for everything I feel like such an annoying prick on the forums asking where everything is Razz
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Fri, 10 September 2004 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol....

A friend of a friend has just offerd me his car to compete in...

its not a toyota but it will be funni as it is a R32 gtst skyline.... 4 door Laughing

Another mate (arenah) is fitting it out with coilovers, locked diff, bucket seat, spare rims and other assorted parts Razz should be fun....

Hope ta see yas there....

Sam
Drift Technician
Regular

March 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Sat, 11 September 2004 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86-Levin wrote on Fri, 10 September 2004 19:56

lol....

A friend of a friend has just offerd me his car to compete in...

its not a toyota but it will be funni as it is a R32 gtst skyline.... 4 door Laughing

Another mate (arenah) is fitting it out with coilovers, locked diff, bucket seat, spare rims and other assorted parts Razz should be fun....

Hope ta see yas there....

Sam

Theres another r33 4 door as well prolly competing there the sky blue one of my mates. I will hopefullly have the conversion completed by then Cant wait to get out there!
silvercil40
Regular

August 2003
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Sat, 11 September 2004 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Must... Get... 1G....

Must..... Do..... Conversion!!!!!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Sat, 11 September 2004 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
silvercil40 wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 22:51

Must... Get... 1G....

Must..... Do..... Conversion!!!!!

where the fuck have u been.. i havent seen/heard from/of you in months! lol
please remind me and ill come.. Smile
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Thu, 16 September 2004 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if johal goes im bumin a ride Very Happy
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Thu, 16 September 2004 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sleeker162 wrote on Thu, 16 September 2004 10:00

if johal goes im bumin a ride Very Happy

ill most likely be going, so you can bum a ride Smile
its 3 weeks away so i "might" have some money by then..
whats spectator entry cost?
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Fri, 17 September 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im pretty slow to say this now but whos gonna b at the drift day tomorrow sat the 18th? ill b there look 4 a maroon sprinter near a guy drooling
mike
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Mon, 20 September 2004 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A bit late now, but I was there in the boro primer battle hachi. I saw a couple of nice 86's in the crowd. Come say hi if ya see me next time.
ke55
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Mon, 20 September 2004 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, were u actually competing on the day mumblezzz
? i was there 2 watching. were driving the primer covered 86 with the almost fully striped interior and the four spoke wheels on the front?

i was sitting on the concrete barrier about 50m away from the first corner u go around. in a black shirt and black nike shorts with a digital camera in my hand.

me n my mate rocked up in his silver vn commodore that has a smashed head light lol.
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Mon, 20 September 2004 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh will come say hi 4 sure next time i was about 20meters in front of starting line with a maroon sprinter with boot open n me most of the day snoozin in it cos i jast came from work and i was also in work bum clothes
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Mon, 20 September 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im coming if i fix the car in time Confused
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Mon, 20 September 2004 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i'm competein or not we will be settin up a tent with a barbi and shit... so come over and say g'day...

Always good to see other toymodders out and about...

There should be a couple o 86's and a silver RA40 near us...
ke55
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Mon, 20 September 2004 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alrighty i might come and say hi. that primer 86 was awsome tho. it jus had somethin kool about it.
surfingisfun
Regular

June 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Tue, 21 September 2004 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys i cant wait for drift nats after going to jambos! mate a bq would be rad look out for a red sprinter with blacks rims which is very low and a stuffed bonnet! hahaha

rory
ke55
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Tue, 21 September 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well since i cant drive yet.....legally lol, ill be there in a holden vy ss, green in colour. id love 2 bring my ke50 up tho...my little race car. im gunna try and drift it...wish me luck. it dun have much power, so ill have 2 use a bit of technique.
Drift Technician
Regular

March 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Tue, 21 September 2004 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke55 wrote on Tue, 21 September 2004 09:34

alrighty i might come and say hi. that primer 86 was awsome tho. it jus had somethin kool about it.

Dam,n right it did........ my old engine Razz Ill be in my purple 86 THE 86 come up and say hi im sure i wont be too far away from paul.............

[Updated on: Tue, 21 September 2004 11:38]

mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Tue, 21 September 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha yeah. Next time i'll be a little more prepared. (instead of being up at 3am putting the car back together) Thanks for the tyres and seat rail.

Hope to see you all at driftnats!
ke55
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Wed, 22 September 2004 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so u were driving the primer 86?
i got a few good pics and vids of your car man. looks kool.
gd clutch kicking skills.lol
crokdee
Regular

July 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Fri, 24 September 2004 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So it's on the 10th of Oct.... what's entry $$?
I mean to spectate, going to do a few courses before trying to drift my poor old car..... Mind you, TA22 do get tail happy.....good fun.
Cheers mate.
Crok.
ke55
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Sat, 25 September 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its $10 to spectate and $100 to compete
although it might change since this is a bigger event than the usual meetings.
http://www.queenslandraceway.com.au/
haha! check this out! nice work man.
http://www.driftzone.com/media_link_18082004/DR-FT%20569.jpg
Drift Technician
Regular

March 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Sun, 26 September 2004 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmmm those wheels on the back look mighty familiar Razz Huge stuff up with my car this weekend so looks like its only a 40% chance i will be there now...........
ke55
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Sun, 26 September 2004 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, fair enough.
u should whip some black spray paint and go over the bonnet in it lol. the flat black look Razz
couple o bucks from supercheap i think, or the warehouse. no wuckins.
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Mon, 27 September 2004 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just the Bonnet??? I'll be going over the whole thing soon. Shocked
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Mon, 27 September 2004 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you gonna matt black your car paul? give me a buzz if you need a hand......
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Mon, 27 September 2004 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would it be ok if i sit with sum of u ppl so i dont look lonely???

i should be in my corona if that makes a diffrence.
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Tue, 28 September 2004 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr2drift wrote on Mon, 27 September 2004 17:34

you gonna matt black your car paul? give me a buzz if you need a hand......

Will do mate... If I had ya number Laughing
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Tue, 28 September 2004 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will Hope fully have some type of shade and a barbi set up around the first corner.... Look for a stock white ae86, a silver RA40 coupe and a r33 skyline i think...

It will be there for all toymodders and any of ya friends...

Feel free to come say g'day and take advantage of our barbi and shade....

i will be there from the start so just gimme a call when ya arrive and i will tell yas where we are...

mobile no is 0412 201 653

[Updated on: Tue, 28 September 2004 11:20]

crokdee
Regular

July 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Tue, 28 September 2004 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey fellas,

I am going out to skirmish in the morning but it is out near ipswich, so i might stop in. I would like to meet up with a few people. So if i go, can i give you a call mate?

Cheers.
Crok.
ke55
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Wed, 29 September 2004 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mumblezzz, if your doing your whole car in mat black... maybe a single white offset stripe gt stripe would look the part? just an idea.

ae86-levin, my car isnt on the orad at the moment, and i cant drive yet anyway, but is it ok if i pop in?

i got to sit right on the concrete barrier on the last meet they had Smile up and close to the action. Razz
Drift Technician
Regular

March 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Thu, 30 September 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well due to a mix up in information Im sorry to say my car wont be at the qld round of the driftnats Confused BUT on the plus side im going to do everything absolutley 100% now and get everything i want....... Still trying to decide if I want to turn up and watch might be a bit too depressing lol.
Ke50
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Fri, 01 October 2004 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha fair enough.

well i cant even drive yet and i am still going to watch even tho i wish so much i could compete.
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Fri, 01 October 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah guys.... any one is welcome... driving, walking, riding flying whatever... just come over and say hi...

were not a scary bunch (except maybe silvercil40 Very Happy )
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Fri, 01 October 2004 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn vacuum leak & dodgy ecu...was a quick fix so i shall be there with bells on Very Happy

Quote:

I will Hope fully have some type of shade and a barbi set up around the first corner

tops idea!

i'll see if i can scrounge up some shade of some sort & we can join forces to fight those ghey uv rays Laughing

what time are people looking to head out?
Ke50
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Fri, 01 October 2004 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree. tops idea!

i might come and say harro.

do any of u have a 2t with an aftermarket exhaust?
cause i wanna c it.
soulfire
Regular

May 2004

Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Sun, 03 October 2004 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this looks like a good day out to see some sidwahz action

i might go along with johal or just follow him there hehe
joshske
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Thu, 07 October 2004 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im pretty sure ill be going, if you see a red st184 driving around come say hi Razz

Or is there a meeting spot organised for the toymods crew?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Thu, 07 October 2004 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I think that we should all meet at this bbq and tent area personally. And bring your own if you want more shade. Well, I think that would be the easiest way of finding everyone as nobody knows who anybody is unless they are standing next to a Toyota Smile And the first corner is the best anyway! I will be there at about 10:30 as I have to drive from the Sunshine Coast. I will be in yellow KE70 with rust and will be proudly wearing my Toyota hat Smile

Also, to anyone who would like to we thought we would meet and Aspley Maccas carpark and drive down together. 9:30 am. And leave at 9:45am. If you would like to meet us there put a (N) for northside next to your name.

BTW take lots of water and as much shade as possible as you will need it!

So I will make a list of who is coming and you can edit it if you are not.

Chris Davey (N)
AE86_levin
alwaysRA23 (N)
joshske (N)
mikes86
Drift Technician
silvercil40
sleeker162
ke55
surfingisfun
NickAE86
lilcrash
crokdee
Ke50
jag7799 definite Razz

[Updated on: Fri, 08 October 2004 02:29]

mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Thu, 07 October 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
make me a yes ill b there from action start 6.30am ive heard it will b at the other end of the track... sumthing about a high speed corner ill b lookin around 4 you fella's ill b in a maroon sprinter half asleep
joshske
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Thu, 07 October 2004 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill be there, bringing a friend along but he's riding in my car.

Ill bring a shade tent thing that could fit around 8-10 or so people so bring some chairs Smile

cyas at aspley north siders Very Happy
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Thu, 07 October 2004 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i "may" come.. ive just called in sick to work for the weekend
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Fri, 08 October 2004 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
throw an N next to my name mate, ill be at aspley
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Fri, 08 October 2004 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I'll be there at fucking sparrows in the boro primer battle hachi.
Ke50
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Fri, 08 October 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sick. dunno if im a deffinate yet. will c its only 2 days 2 go.
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Fri, 08 October 2004 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well we should be their from about 10 i think so give me a call and i'll be able to tell ya where we are...

Looking at the map of the track for the day the best area looks like turn 3/4 (they are using the clubman track) but we will decide when we get there...

Hope to see every one there... Bring shade and join us....

http://www.fulllock.com/driftnats/iframe/queenslandsmall.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 08 October 2004 14:46]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Sat, 09 October 2004 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I still reckon Turn 1 is the best. Because it is on a bit of a hill and you can see basically the whole track from there pretty easily. Turn 3 looks to be pretty good also though.

BTW I will now be in my parents fully sick Grey Camry with roofracks and a NOS sticker on the back Shocked

See you tomorrow.

moby is 0404029203 if anyone needs to call.

[Updated on: Sat, 09 October 2004 04:59]

mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Sat, 09 October 2004 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now im not sure if my sprinter will make a show took the front wheels off and notice they are about 100k's from showing steel Confused i might have to rock up in the surf unless i can get some wheels of my mate... but they say NISSAN Mad
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Sat, 09 October 2004 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well im sorry to say, that work beckons me to well.... work, so i reckon ill finish at work then watch the race on TV, hopefully next time guys Sad

cheers gumby
joshske
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Sat, 09 October 2004 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im with alwaysRA23 on this too, I cant believe work had me rostered on for tomorrow, I cant turn it down because sunday rates are just too good and well, In need the money Sad

have fun guys, hopefully get to see some pics.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Sun, 10 October 2004 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joshske wrote on Sat, 09 October 2004 23:48

im with alwaysRA23 on this too, I cant believe work had me rostered on for tomorrow, I cant turn it down because sunday rates are just too good and well, In need the money Sad

yeah... im getting paid sunday rates right now.. and im at home.. sitting on my ass raking in the money.. i love sick pay
4AGE-AE86
Regular

June 2003
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Sun, 10 October 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Sun, 10 October 2004 14:33

yeah... im getting paid sunday rates right now.. and im at home.. sitting on my ass raking in the money.. i love sick pay

you asshole...how you been dude? My sups is still not on the road yet..can you believe it..!!!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Sun, 10 October 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4AGE-AE86 wrote on Sun, 10 October 2004 15:21

Jag7799 wrote on Sun, 10 October 2004 14:33

you asshole...how you been dude? My sups is still not on the road yet..can you believe it..!!!

bahahahahahahaha
im great man.. felt like having a few days off to do portfolio and watch bathurst WHILE getting paid Smile
why's it still off the road?.. anthony's fault or someone elses?
my car has had a full respray and everything in mean time Razz
what else is left to do, not still the spray job i hope!.
4AGE-AE86
Regular

June 2003
Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Sun, 10 October 2004 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah painted look SWOIT mate..just having trouble with dash and seat belts..then the old girl is on the ROAD...WOHO
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Drift Nats At Queensland Raceway Sun, 10 October 2004 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
4AGE-AE86 wrote on Sun, 10 October 2004 16:24

nah painted look SWOIT mate..just having trouble with dash and seat belts..then the old girl is on the ROAD...WOHO

mad man.. cant wait to see it.. pm some pictures.. and ill link you to mine
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Skirmish tomorrow
Next Topic:RA23/28, TA22 - Brisbane to Coast Run
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 08:17:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.014266967773438 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.