Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - DynoCharts Up

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
[AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - DynoCharts Up Wed, 15 September 2004 07:41 Go to next message
Make/Model
1985 Toyota Sprinter AE86 Hatch

Engine/Exhaust
AE92 Bigport AFM Twincoil GZE block and head
TD05H-16G turbo (ex-WRX Sti) running 10psi
Bigport 4age FWD inlet manifold cut and shut
4age throttle body
600x300x76 Alloy FMIC
Stainless steel intercooler piping
Stainless steel custom highmount turbo manifold
3" HPC coated dump with seperate wastegate pipe and new generic o2 sensor (alot cheaper to replace)
3" Mandrel bent stainless steel exhaust with highflow cat and stainless steel redback muffler
Hiace radiator and 12" front thermo, 14" Repco back thermo
VL Turbo fuelpump
Meridan Motorsport remote mount oil filter and spin on adapter
19 row alloy oil cooler
Speedflow fittings and pushlock hose
Custom lefthand side alternator mount (now run everything on single row)
Apexi PowerIntake airfilter
Sard R2D2 Bov
Greddy Catch Can

Driveline and Brakes
ADR Approved stainless lines
Steel sleaved master cylinder
RDA Slotted and vented JDM discs
Rebuilt JDM calipers
Racebrakes RB74 compound pads
NCS/NPC 4 puck sprung center button clutch
Rebuilt T18 Diff with 4.1 ta22 ring gear
KAAZ 2-Way LSD
Standard T50

Suspension and Wheels
Cusco OS front Strut brace
Custom rear seatmounts brace
Monroe GT Gas Shocks
Unknown springs though the rears may be cutdown au falcons the fronts look like kings
15x7 Speed Star Racing Formula Mesh Wheels
205/50/15 Toyo Trampio Gu:wn on front
205/50/15 BFGoodrich cheapies on rear

Interior/Exterior and Other
Battery relocated to boot
Stripped rear section
HKS Direct Bright 60mm Boost Gauge
HKS Direct Bright 60mm Water temp Gauge
HKS Direct Bright 60mm Oil temp Gauge
Pivot Gekko 80mm tachometer
T3 75mm Steering wheel spacer
JDM Levin headlights (looking for kouki eyelids)
JDM Levin Grill
LED parkers, numberplate lights and interior light
Lifted rear bonnet (clearance issues)
Nomuemon Sticker!!!!! Razz
TRD Duracon gearknob
Cusco handbrake lock
Nova sports steering wheel
Pioneer mp3 headunit
Pioneer components

http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/Car/overall.jpg

http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/Car/back.jpg

http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/updated.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 06 October 2005 01:42]

Send a private message to this user    
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: monkeymajiks's AE86 Hatch Wed, 15 September 2004 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks good mate!!

Smile

you fixed up ur little dent yet?

cheers gumby
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: monkeymajiks's AE86 Hatch Wed, 15 September 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Certainly have Smile
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: monkeymajiks's AE86 Hatch Wed, 15 September 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice one monkey!

Did you do the conversion? It's very nice and neat.
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: monkeymajiks's AE86 Hatch Wed, 15 September 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that colour is so close to the colour of my car.
Looks like it in pics anyway...
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: monkeymajiks's AE86 Hatch Wed, 15 September 2004 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very very nice

or even
"hot FUCKING HOT!"
hahaha
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: monkeymajiks's AE86 Hatch Wed, 15 September 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice work chief i think i saw you on compton road on tuesday? not sure if it was u but i was in a maron sprinter headin south bound
mike
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: monkeymajiks's AE86 Hatch Wed, 15 September 2004 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey monkeymajik whats that clutch that youve got feel like, real pain in the arse to drive or its not too bad? is that you're daily driver?

cheers dude. Smile
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: monkeymajiks's AE86 Hatch Wed, 15 September 2004 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86Slut: Nope the conversion wasnt done by me, it looks neat in that shot, but the mess that is my wiring is hidden in the lower right hehe

Skaney: It's a factory toyota colour, though it has been resprayed in the factory colour, is yours a toyota colour? btw your hachi is hot!

mikes86: It was in the shop on tuesday, so it wouldnt have been me, but I do wave to any sprinter/old toyota drivers i see out on the road, I'll keep an eye out for you.

thx ae86drift Smile

Sprinter-Saurus: It can be a bit of a bitch to hill start it with the open diff etc...it feels ALOT better then the HD clutch in my friends rx2, it isnt my daily though so I'm not too worried.

I've been talking to ken streeter about large front splitter and JDM copy skirts in black. My only concern is it may make the rear bumper look pretty high. What do you guys reckon?

[Updated on: Wed, 15 September 2004 09:17]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: monkeymajiks's AE86 Hatch Wed, 15 September 2004 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
monkeymajik wrote on Wed, 15 September 2004 19:12

I've been talking to ken streeter about large front splitter and JDM copy skirts in black. My only concern is it may make the rear bumper look pretty high. What do you guys reckon?

get the large front splitter
but instead get Jblood side skirts and the Jblood rear pods

see here: http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=40815&start=0&rid=964&S=11282bb1889f ca4ef013ee142e00db9d
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: monkeymajiks's AE86 Hatch Fri, 17 September 2004 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah mine was apparentely resparayed based on the original colour. But had heaps of pearl added to the clear coat.
Looks good, but makes it nearly impossible to colour match it!

Ive got some paint peal starting to occur (the resrpray was over 3 years ago now) and I cant get any spray painters who want to fix it up without complete respray. So later this year its going BA XR6 blueprint (the lighter blue) oh yeah!

About the bodykit, I had Kens smaller splitter and the JDM skirts and it looked nice, didnt make the bumper look high at all.
Then I went and fitted some Jblood pods, and its made the rest of the kit sit too high! so now im getting Jblood skirts and Kens larger front lip.

I reckon you should paint the centres on your SSRs black, that would look tops!

Sean.
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: monkeymajiks's AE86 Hatch Mon, 27 September 2004 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got some bits and pieces for the 4AGTE Build:

Stackhat complete with mooneye's sticker! Razz
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/car/heroswearhelmets.jpg

Hybrid Intercooler
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/car/ic1.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/car/ic2.jpg

Not too long now Evil or Very Mad I'll be using the gze computer for management, and replacing the diff with a t-18 and aftermarket center when the current S series breaks. The suspension bushings are getting done first though as several of my current ones are shagged. Going to try these: http://www.tmengineering.net/suspension/prothane/m ake/toyota.html

[Updated on: Fri, 27 May 2005 07:27]

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: monkeymajiks's AE86 Hatch {Big Update 27/09/04} Mon, 27 September 2004 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi Monkey,

Your car is very similar to mine in terms of engine and other bits. Where did you score that inlet throttle manifold?

you sure the GZE computer will handle the turbo setup? I've been pondering this for a while now. I think soon i'll be sucked into the turbo route Rolling Eyes

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: monkeymajiks's AE86 Hatch {Big Update 27/09/04} Mon, 27 September 2004 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yo audioslayer, my mr2 is running standard computer, and its turbo'd. The stock ECU handles up to 14.5psi no problems.
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: monkeymajiks's AE86 Hatch {Big Update 27/09/04} Mon, 27 September 2004 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's good for a little more than that too with a FCD. I got the inlet mani and throttle from a fellow forum member. CLG still has one if you're looking.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: monkeymajiks's AE86 Hatch {Big Update 27/09/04} Mon, 27 September 2004 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got two words for ya mate

SHIT YEAH!!!

keep us posted we'll have to head on out for another cruise some time!

cheers gumby
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: monkeymajiks's AE86 Hatch {Big Update 27/09/04} Mon, 27 September 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
myess i have to say NICE!! gotta have a look at in in person at next cruise which should try to make it
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: monkeymajiks's AE86 Hatch Mon, 04 October 2004 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glad to see ya got ya dint fixed up. End up doing any other damage we didnt see??? What are you doing with your old boost gauge when ya fit the new one..Im looking for a cheapy to get me started. Do u work at moorooka. I thought it was you but wasnt sure and didnt see your car anywhere around..
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: monkeymajiks's AE86 Hatch {Big Update 27/09/04} Mon, 04 October 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The damage was purely cosmetic and no nasty surprises which was good.

You've got dibs on the boost gauge when I fit the new one, but that might be a month or two or three off Smile

I sure do work at moorooka...I thought I saw ya...wouldnt have seen the car cause I'm too anal to take it to work Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 04 October 2004 13:02]

monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch {Updated with pics 03/1/04} Wed, 03 November 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/car/bov.jpg

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-choo-choo-choo-choo
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch {Updated with pics 03/1/04} Fri, 10 December 2004 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It has begun...

http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/car/ICMounted.jpg

nother update soon Evil or Very Mad
Mr*Beach
Regular

October 2002
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch {Updated with pic 10/12/04} Tue, 21 December 2004 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only thing to stop you winding the boost up on the standard ECU is the MAP. Pretty sure they are only 1 bar. I think any decent mechanic will recommend against using an FCD. You'll find that you'll go through more fuel also compared to the s/c. On my turbo GZE on standard ECU it really richens up on full boost. If my A/F guage went higher than 10:1 I could tell you more accurately but it doesn't. I think if you run aftermarket management, you shouldn't be running richer than 12.5:1. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Nice choice of turbo by the way. Who are you going to get to make the manifold? If you are on the beaches, I could recommend the guy who is re-doing mine in early january(coz the guy who built my car f..ked that up majorly). Anyways. Happy boosting.

~Josh
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch {Updated with pic 10/12/04} Tue, 21 December 2004 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats the dimensions on that cooler?

450x300x76 core size?
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch {Updated with pic 10/12/04} Tue, 21 December 2004 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

The only thing to stop you winding the boost up on the standard ECU is the MAP. Pretty sure they are only 1 bar. I think any decent mechanic will recommend against using an FCD. You'll find that you'll go through more fuel also compared to the s/c. On my turbo GZE on standard ECU it really richens up on full boost. If my A/F guage went higher than 10:1 I could tell you more accurately but it doesn't. I think if you run aftermarket management, you shouldn't be running richer than 12.5:1. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Nice choice of turbo by the way. Who are you going to get to make the manifold? If you are on the beaches, I could recommend the guy who is re-doing mine in early january(coz the guy who built my car f..ked that up majorly). Anyways. Happy boosting.

~Josh

The GZE is an AFM model, I have read that they can handle more boost than the MAP sensored ECU's. But it is still a cheap solution, and have also read that they both run pretty horribly rich. You're right about aftermarket being the way to go. I need to get the gbox/diff/suspension sorted out first though Smile

The manifold is being made by a local guy who has done a few turbo gze's before, it is looking really good. Should have some pics of it up by thursday.

Have you got a members rides thread? I'm keen to see some pics/info on your setup?

Quote:

whats the dimensions on that cooler?

450x300x76 core size?

Spot on, about 630 with the endtanks.
Mr*Beach
Regular

October 2002
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch {Updated with pic 10/12/04} Wed, 22 December 2004 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm gonna take some photos soon as a before and after I get the new manifold. You may know the car. The guy I bought it off advertised it here a while before I bought it. Its a red AE92 sedan. Well its actually a Nova, but nobody needs to know that.

Are you going to be upgrading the AFM when the turbo goes on or staying standard? I agree on getting driveline and suspension sorted out before throwing all your money away on management. I'm still pulling about 145kw atw on the standard ECU. More than enough to beat 5.0L and even a few 32's. I'm definately gonna be keeping an eye on this thread. I wanted an 86 when I was looking for my car, but I just happened to find everything I wanted in a FWD. Take it easy.

~Josh
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch {Updated with pic 10/12/04} Thu, 30 December 2004 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/car/japwelds.jpg

Just need to get the dump pipe coated, the new exhaust bolted up and a few little issues sorted and it's done!

I've driven it hooked up to my old restrictive zaust at 0.5bar and it was pretty fun. I cant wait to get it done and up the boost Very Happy
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch {Updated with pic 10/12/04} Thu, 30 December 2004 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn man, keep up the good work!
try not to break anything, hehe
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch {Updated with pic 10/12/04} Thu, 30 December 2004 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, i had the privilidge of seeing this car today for real... yup, its one of the cleanest sprinters ive ever seen, and hot damm it looks like its gona whop some serious commohore/commodore ass Laughing

Also, the pics may not show it, but the rims suit the car to the ground in real life Surprised !

Its an awesome car !
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch {Updated 30/12/04} Thu, 30 December 2004 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good work monkey!!

i can't believe how fast this has progressed!

i haven't even started mine Sad

who is doing the conversion for you? home garage job?

monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch {Updated 30/12/04} Fri, 31 December 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/car/manifold.jpg

Paul at Crossley Street and Race engineering is doing all the pipework. He is a great bloke and has a lot experience with 4a Turbo conversions.

*Fingers crossed* It should be complete by January the 6th.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch {Updated 30/12/04} Fri, 31 December 2004 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you rip off the charger/TB etc yourself?

also, if you don't mind, how much is he charging for the pipework, in particular the turbo manifold?

monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch {Updated 30/12/04} Fri, 31 December 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I havent gotten a price breakdown from him, but will be getting one when the car goes back in to be finished.

I dropped the car in with the S/C etc. still attached. I could get it there under it's own power this way Smile
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch {Updated 21/01/05} Fri, 21 January 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Car is back, and I've very happy with the finished product. Will wash it tomorrow and take some pics, but here's a bit of a teaser

3 inch HPC coated Dump with seperate wastegate pipe
3 inch mandrel bent full stainless steel exhaust
Stainless steel custom turbo manifold with laser cut flange
450x300x76 Frount mounted intercooler with stainless steel pipework
19 row oil cooler, remote mount filter
Speedflow fittings and pushlock hose

[Updated on: Fri, 21 January 2005 07:07]

monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch {Updated 28/01/05} - 56K make a coffee Fri, 28 January 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thread updated with pics, see first post.
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo{Updated 28/01/05} - 56K make a coffee Fri, 28 January 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude! That thing is F*CKIN SEXUAL!! im loving it every thing is so neat and well done top work mate Very Happy
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - 56K make a coffee Wed, 23 February 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The battery is in the boot now, and a few things have been changed in the bay, I'll get new bay pics soon once I've cleaned it all up!

http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/car/battBox.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/car/battWire1.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/car/battWire2.jpg
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - 56K make a coffee Mon, 14 March 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finally a cleaner bay, so I took some new pics.
Gotten rid of the strap on the battery box and secured the battery better inside the box.
Painted the timing and cam covers.
Totally changed the intake piping now over on the exhaust side.
Re-Fitted the standard sprinter overflow bottle

The old:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/car/oldbay.jpg

The new:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/car/CleanBay/FrontLow.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/car/CleanBay/Box.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/car/CleanBay/BaySideVLow.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/car/CleanBay/BaySideHigh.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/car/CleanBay/Filter.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/car/CleanBay/Front.jpg
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - 56K make a coffee Mon, 14 March 2005 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude, nice work! neat, tidy and im guessing it would pack a punch Evil or Very Mad, do you go to any of the drift days or other car gatherings here in brissy? wouldnt mind seeing it up close
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - 56K make a coffee Wed, 16 March 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Car looks great, do you have any idea of what power output it has, looks like it would move.
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - 56K make a coffee Wed, 16 March 2005 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how did ya fit the 600x300x76 cooler
pics plz

oh yeah, and its looking great Very Happy
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - 56K make a coffee Wed, 16 March 2005 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmm love the black camcovers

very tidy
ae86levint
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - 56K make a coffee Thu, 17 March 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
car looks great, and a nice enigine setup too, is this ant p's old motor?
soulfire
Regular

May 2004

Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - 56K make a coffee Thu, 17 March 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is a very sexy looking sprinter, and i'm sure it goes the goods too.

I hope I see it driving around the bris streets!
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - 56K make a coffee Thu, 17 March 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

dude, nice work! neat, tidy and im guessing it would pack a punch Evil or Very Mad, do you go to any of the drift days or other car gatherings here in brissy? wouldnt mind seeing it up close

I dont get to goto these usually as I work all weekend Sad But this will be changing soon!

Quote:

Car looks great, do you have any idea of what power output it has, looks like it would move.

Havent had it on the dyno yet, Im getting a hyperboost in the next couple of weeks and it will be going on then to get it tuned properly and we'll do a couple of power runs.

Quote:

how did ya fit the 600x300x76 cooler
pics plz

The total size is 600x300x76 the core itself is 4XX. It is fitted the same as just about every other ae86 I have seen with a big fmic, upside down Smile two brackets at the bottom and a bracket at the top connecting to the hoot latch. I will get some pics this arvo or tommorrow.

Quote:

car looks great, and a nice enigine setup too, is this ant p's old motor?

Sure is Smile
ae86levint
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - 56K make a coffee Fri, 18 March 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ant said the rear springs are stockos chopped Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 18 March 2005 12:28]

monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - 56K make a coffee Fri, 18 March 2005 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ya i discovered this the first time I jacked the car up Smile Are they just the stockers chopped?

[Updated on: Fri, 18 March 2005 14:49]

ae86levint
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - 56K make a coffee Fri, 18 March 2005 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ya stock same as in mine, seems to work ok for now, i shudder to think how bad traction would be with a stiffer spring Sad
dude
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - 56K make a coffee Sun, 20 March 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont mean to be negative but i hope your going to insulate where that battery lead goes through the body!!! otherwise...meltdown!!!!
Also any reason why you didnt just turn the front cover on the turbo straight down??? would have been easier to do the plumbing!!

besides that ,,,looks good,,,,sprinters are so sexy!!
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - 56K make a coffee Sun, 20 March 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im not too worried about it cutting through. The insulation of the wiring is quite thick, I am keeping an eye on it though. That spot in the boot is the only place its not gromited.

As far as rotating the housing goes...td05h's are a bitch to rotate because there is only one mounting point for the wastegate acutator, so you have to make up a custom bracket. Then you have to modify the arm so that it will still open the gate correctly. It was actually easier for my mechanic to do the jap style pipe bend!

cheers for the feedback

cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - 56K make a coffee Thu, 31 March 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is having the batery in the boot like that legal? (fumes easily able to enter the cabin, not vented to outside?) otherwise car + engine looks hot!
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - 56K make a coffee Thu, 31 March 2005 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cri_ag wrote on Thu, 31 March 2005 20:58

is having the batery in the boot like that legal? (fumes easily able to enter the cabin, not vented to outside?) otherwise car + engine looks hot!

Cheers Very Happy

The battery is vented outside the car via a hole in the bottom of the box that goes through the floor. Depending on what your definition of sealed is (there is a small gap where the earth cable comes out) it is street legal.
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - 56K make a coffee Sun, 22 May 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Been awhile since I've updated...

New additions:

Stripped out rear end
T18 Diff and 4.1:1 ring gear
Cusco OS strutbrace
Custom rear brace
HKS Direct Bright water temp gauge
HKS Direct Bright oil temp gauge
T3 Steering wheel spacer
Hiperboost boost control
Pivot Gekko 80mm tach
Rebuilt JDM Calipers
New Slotted Discs
Racebrakes RB74 Pads
Stainless braided lines
New brake master cyl
New wheel caps!!! (thanks nightdevil)

Hopefully I'll be able to grab some pics soon.

[Updated on: Sun, 22 May 2005 00:26]

monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - 56K make a coffee Fri, 27 May 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The brakes are rebuilt and painted, new cylinder in, stainless steel lines in, new disc's are in and the diff is on. I'm still waiting on pads as they had to bond the rb74 material to my old set of backing plates.

Hit a snag though. The wrong gauges got sent out to me from japan. So now in front of me I have two 60mm HKS Direct Bright PRESSURE gauges instead of TEMPERATURE ones Confused Looks like the right ones wont get here intime for all toyota day. But they will be here in time for the next trackday which is the main thing.

Sexy brake pictures soon...

http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/cusco1.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/pivot.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 02 June 2005 06:47]

monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - 56K make a coffee Thu, 23 June 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it was on the rollers yesterday, we put down 130kw at 10.X psi, with very safe AFR's. It put down 152kw at 14psi but when the boost builds up it leans out too much (15-14-13:1) to run it like that on the street all the time. (Standard GZE management)

It's a shame we werent doing a power run when it spiked up to 22psi while setting up the boost controller Laughing Which is still not setup right.

I was really looking for 150rwkw for a daily setting, but it looks like I will need a programable computer to achieve that with safe afr's.

Im wanting to focus more on suspension now, as the car definitly has enough go to make it a handful.

Pics when I get home from work Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 24 June 2005 07:22]

monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - 56K make a coffee Fri, 24 June 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/updated.jpg

Cant get hiperboost setup right. Currently the part that is supposed to regulate boost response is actually regulating how much boost is being produced and the other part is doing nothing Sad

Turns out there was a manufactures defect in the hiperboost unit and a new one is being express shipped out to me monday

[Updated on: Sat, 25 June 2005 01:45]

Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - 56K make a coffee Sat, 25 June 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I quite like the black cam covers. Are they powdercoated or just painted? Thinking of doing the same to mine..
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - 56K make a coffee Sat, 25 June 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's VHT engine enamel, matt black.

I wet sanded them right back first.
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - DynoCharts Up Fri, 08 July 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Few dyno runs setting up controller. I think this is the upper limit of GZE injectors.
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/car/dynorun/dyno1Boost.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/car/dynorun/dyno1AFR.jpg

There is alot more power to be gained with bigger injectors, but I think money is better spent on some semislicks and shocks at this point.

Other goodies Very Happy
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/car/dynorun/rearbrace.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/car/dynorun/pretty.jpg
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - DynoCharts Up Fri, 08 July 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mate,
How much was the tacho and where from if you don't mind me asking?

Also, is your setup internally or externally wastegated? If it is external, how have you setup the hiperboost? I am about to check mine out soon.

Thanks
Chris
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: [AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - DynoCharts Up Fri, 08 July 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
internally gated,
you can see the wastegate actuator in a few pics
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave!
Next Topic:twin turbo UZ185 *1st 1/4 mile run*
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:56:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0099368095397949 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.