Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Toymods Dyno Day 6 this Sunday !!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Wed, 08 January 2003 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm moving house the day before but i'll be sure to be there this time!! If i run on the dyno it should be a good comparison to the other 1jz's that are boosted up. I'm too scared to boost up my new turbos yet. I can't afford it to go bang for the 2nd time in a month!! Smile

Luke
  Send a private message to this user    
"gt4rider"
Regular

December 2002
Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Wed, 08 January 2003 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thunderbird1 wrote on Wed, 08 January 2003 13:23

I'm moving house the day before but i'll be sure to be there this time!! If i run on the dyno it should be a good comparison to the other 1jz's that are boosted up. I'm too scared to boost up my new turbos yet. I can't afford it to go bang for the 2nd time in a month!! Smile

Luke

Can not adjust my boost to date either! Not many spare dollars left after paying for the car, and perhaps insurance should come first Crying or Very Sad . ($2500 later and an excess of $1500)

Anyway I dont mind seeing what the car is running stock then at least I have something to go off when future mods get done Very Happy

"gt4rider"
ST165
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Wed, 08 January 2003 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah.. i think standard 1J's make about 140kws at the wheels. At 15psi they make about 180kws.
I know of a 1J that made 167kws @ 7psi the other day, don't know if it will be at the dyno day but.
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Fri, 10 January 2003 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, my 1JZ made 140kw in totally stock form at dyno day last January. Temps were in the mid to high 30C range, so I imagine if the day is a bit cooler, we can see some better figures.

How the hell is that 1J getting 167kW on only 7psi ???

thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Fri, 10 January 2003 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1jzgte, Single turbo, Aftermarket ECU, bango's. Should spin around 300kw's at the treds on 15-20psi (easy Wink)

I think the turbos are what are holding the 1J's back. Great motor but don't make enough power on these turbos. Do you think a 1Jz would make more power if u bolted a 7M set up straight on?

Luke
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Fri, 10 January 2003 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm trying my hardest to get the day off!! Confused

Anyone have any idea what a standard 7m rolls out?
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Fri, 10 January 2003 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan, from http://www.abautos.com.au/specs/engines.html

i found this....

7M-GTEU
Specs: 2954cc EFI DOHC 24-valve 6cyl turbo
Power: 179kW @5600rpm
Torque: 343Nm @3200rpm
Gearboxes: RWD 5-speed and 4 speed auto
Vehicles: MZ20 Series Soarer. 1990 Supra 3.0GT
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Fri, 10 January 2003 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I knew the standard figures, but was hoping for some rwkw figures. Sorry didn't really clarify that before.
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Sun, 12 January 2003 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey can we sign up for membership on the day?????
"gt4rider"
Regular

December 2002
Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Sun, 12 January 2003 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mx83toy wrote on Sun, 12 January 2003 16:28

hey can we sign up for membership on the day?????

Yes you can sign up and become a member on the day.

87seca
Regular

May 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am going to try to be there, am interested to see what the new car is going to be getting, also what does is the 1J stock boost figure? I was told it is about 9psi..?
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new set of turbos i put on , no bleed valve and 3 inch exhaust, 10psi.
Luke
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be there.... just put my HKS EVC 3 on saturday... getting the exhaust done tommorow.

I don't know if this is normal or not by my 1j is running 0.8 Bar stock boost. Thats about 11psi if my calculations are correct.

Sure is fun when you wind it up to 1bar....although fuel cut sorta feels like someone has hit you in the back of the head with a sledge hammer.

From the sounds of this there is going to be a big 1JZ line up.

Do we have to confirm with anyone that we will be there? Are their limited numbers?
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was thinking, if anyone wants to take an unregistered car along the car trailer is in sydney at the moment (sitting where my supra did for 3 months).

Supra could be there. Still waiting on getting the computer tuned.
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remedy,

You dont need to reserve a place as numbers are not limited. Just rock up, sign up, pay your money & socialize while you wait for your turn.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gary,

Theres a convoy going from my place (picnic point, just off henry lawson) in the morning (2 corollas, 1 sprinter, 1 supra, maybe more) if you wanna come with.

Don't know what time leaving, maybe leave my place 9am or something.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete, i might be interested in meeting at your place to head on over.

Im just over at illawong about 10 mins away.
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just might do that.
But i'll have to wait and see. I offered rod a hand with setting up or anything else he needs on the morning and i've got to get the trophies there so i may have to get there earlier than a 9am leave.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
More the merrier mate.

Gimme a call 0408 235547 (gary too)

Anyone else from kinda south sydney is invited too.

No breakfast supplied!
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jaze is over sutherland way too, and his mate (Dabbid? on icq). They might be interested. See if they read the thread though.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont know if dabbid's car is running.

CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
us wollongong boys, those who are coming anyway might be interested in cruising up with ya's where ya wanna meet and when?

Edit: BTW who from wollongong is going?

[Updated on: Tue, 14 January 2003 04:49]

Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil Jack... when are you going... I live in Bangor.

Can I meet up with you and join the cruise too?
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK I think 9am is a good time at my place, that'll put us at the dyno at about 10am.

Call me if any hassles with location.
Peter,
0408 235547

[Updated on: Sun, 19 January 2003 11:11]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know about dave's car, but I've got jaze's car sitting in my garage at the moment (or waht was his car.. he's driving a ute at the moment)
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For you woolongong peeps St3ve_AE92 met me at pizza hut the other nite at the main intersection near lucas heights, did all of you guys want to meet there then head to HKSPete's place?

im guessing you guys would have to leave early.

remedy should know the place.

i looked up illawong to picnic point over at travelmate.com.au and said 12 minutes so i guess if we got to pizza hut at 8:15-30 then it should give us some time to find Petes place.

also is this ok with you HKSPete? Smile

any other suggestions?
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah sure. Someone give me a call when your all leaving the Pizza hut.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok guess i'll hear from everyone else before we verify.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lambo might be coming for a run on the dyno in the afternoon!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lambo?
is that a guy with a lambourghini, or just a lucky name?
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check my site in my signature and find out.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aahhh, I remember going thru those pics a few weeks ago.

you beeter make sure he comes ... would make for an even better day... especially when the 1uz-fte gets up there and beats it Smile
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is Jamie coming??

He said it shouldn't get more power than a standard 1UZ-FE. Its all power to weight, and being able to get it to the ground with '345 rubbers.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know... those rear wheels that look like steam rollers with tread are what gets the lambo it's 0-100 time of 4.9 (depending on what sort it is)
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone know what kw the 20 valve corollas were puting out last dyno day?
[mikey]
Regular

May 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think regardless of how wide his tyres are he wont get that much traction down.....he lacks wheelbase unlike the lambo which's wheelbase is probably 1.5 times as long, plus its track is probably 1.5 times as wide. Oh and its rear engine!!! Another advantage!

Still an awesome car though *grin*
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I probably wont make it for the dyno day Sad Sad Sad
Parts on my car that were meant to be finished arnt.

Means i can't even get it back together to even get it on the dyno to tune it up!
Pretty dissapointing considering I've worked my arse off with over 450hours spent on this new car in 3 months for this event and now it wont be ready.

Probably come for a bit but can't run it without tuning it with the new parts, the new parts will make the car flow alot more air and this means by running the pre-mod tune it will be way lean and in risk of detonating and engine damage! Damit!!!

SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bummer Paul, I was really looking forward to seeing your setup!! And with your figure last time I wanted to see the new and improved one!
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Pete, I live in Peakhurst right near ya!

But if I go I'll be goin earlier cos i've gotta go to an oldies' bday party later Confused

I'll give u a call if me and my brother wanna cruise with u guys..but he's got a honda Razz
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Tue, 14 January 2003 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul,

Mate thats a real shame if you can't bring the Beast down ?

It was looking good when I saw it on Monday Night. Any chance you can get it Tunned up end of this week and still make it ? I hear there is alot of Food poisoning going around Wink

The Killerwatt King Spot could be anyones this time round as Jamie can't make it and Joe Cressida is unlikely to attend.

Tina's was also a long way behind Shedule but It will be there after getting it Rego'd yesterday. Still not 100% back together but almost there !
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Wed, 15 January 2003 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im am very angry.... i have to work. No POS dyno run for me Sad

not feckin happy!
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Wed, 15 January 2003 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karl,

You cant possibly be thinking of going to work. Mate you look too pale and sick to be going to work.
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Wed, 15 January 2003 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah Rod all the usual places that I tune at are booked out on Saturday. Wish i had my own wideband sensor and i'd just tune the af on the street.

The car wont even have a front on it till late Friday night. Intercooler isn;t finshed yet either.

Food poisoning hey! He he he thought there was something dodgy going on! Very Happy Very Happy

I'm going for 300rwkw and people keep putting ethanol in my tank and letting my tyres down!

Sabotage I say! Sabotage Laughing Laughing
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Wed, 15 January 2003 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul,

Dale(10sec_rx7) has one maybe if you PM him you may be able to work something out.
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Wed, 15 January 2003 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Dude,

im free saturday arvo from midday till about 3:30-4, if you want to do anything email me dheiler@toshiba-tap.com and we can organise something,
i have a fueltronics unit that requires a cigi lighter socket to power the unit, if your using leaded fuel there will be a cost involved as the sensor will only last 50 hours where as unleaded it will last 500 odd hours,

i will also be in Mt Druitt from about 8 on sunday morning with my mate if you want to do something then.

What ECU are you using??

Dale
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Wed, 15 January 2003 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok Eviljack and wollongong travellers....

Is 8:15am at the Menai PizzaHut/AutoOne a definite?

I thought the Dyno Day started at 8am? Are we leaving too late or is this because we would have to wait in line to get on the roller anyway.

Cheers,
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dyno Day 6 is coming !! Wed, 15 January 2003 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
remedy its a date!
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Toymods Dyno Day 6 this Sunday !! Thu, 16 January 2003 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sounds sweet, i think HKSPete said to meet at his around 9
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: Toymods Dyno Day 6 this Sunday !! Thu, 16 January 2003 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is the photo in your avatar taken at the end of Old Ferry Road?
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Toymods Dyno Day 6 this Sunday !! Thu, 16 January 2003 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys,

The Dyno Day does indeed kick off at 8am.

The cars are Basically run in the order in which you pay and register for the day. The later you arrive the further down the Queue you will be but The BBQ will be going all day and there will be plenty of cars to see and people to chat to so it makes for a great day Smile

We do of course need some people there nice and early !
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toymods Dyno Day 6 this Sunday !! Thu, 16 January 2003 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Really wanted to bring my car, but the clutch and I had our differences, and looks like the clutch won this time... So clutch is getting replaced with a custom flywheel, 3200lb pressure plate and puck plate - that'll learn 'im! Next time gadget, next time... Evil or Very Mad
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Toymods Dyno Day 6 this Sunday !! Thu, 16 January 2003 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be there... Not running though...
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Toymods Dyno Day 6 this Sunday !! Thu, 16 January 2003 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remedy: Yes Very Happy

im bout 2 mins away from there.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 January 2003 11:50]

CamryMan
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toymods Dyno Day 6 this Sunday !! Thu, 16 January 2003 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In case you haven't figured it out, getting there early has advantages

Cooler Temps
Less carbon monoxide floating around in the room
Less people around breathing the oxygen your car should be using.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods Dyno Day 6 this Sunday !! Thu, 16 January 2003 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if it starts at 8am... thats when ill be there... but i will be leaving again before 9:30am to get to parra before 10am to open up my store.
Will i be able to run that early Rod or anyone else?
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods Dyno Day 6 this Sunday !! Thu, 16 January 2003 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i need to leave at about 11 too (girlfriend has to baby sit her parents shop and i need to be there to help out)
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toymods Dyno Day 6 this Sunday !! Fri, 17 January 2003 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car isn't going to be ready for sunday Sad . I'll still be going, but as a passenger.
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Toymods Dyno Day 6 this Sunday !! Fri, 17 January 2003 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats ok Pete,

There are too many pistons, cylinders, valves, etc, etc weighing your engine down for it to be able to make any power anyway Laughing Laughing Laughing

Good thinking not having it ready save yourself the embaressment. Laughing Laughing

J/K
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toymods Dyno Day 6 this Sunday !! Fri, 17 January 2003 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did save some weight by taking off the hair grooming attachments. Namely that big hair dryer I used to have on there.
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods Dyno Day 6 this Sunday !! Fri, 17 January 2003 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
hey guyz i'm leaving blacktown around 7:30 if anyone wants to meet up....
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Dyno Day 6 - The Results
Next Topic:coasties going to dyno day?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:36:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010501146316528 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.