Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Supra JZA80 clutch master and slave cylinder bore sizes

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Supra JZA80 clutch master and slave cylinder bore sizes Sun, 19 September 2004 22:44 Go to next message
As title states.

I am sick of blowing pressure plates. It seems like the fingers are bent (again) and I'm wondering if I am 'overclutching'.

Send a private message to this user    
Stenno
Regular

March 2003

Re: Supra JZA80 clutch master and slave cylinder bore sizes Mon, 20 September 2004 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm pretty sure the masters are the same for the turbo/non turbos however the slave sizes *may* be different between the W58 and the V160 - I can get your the later dimensions, let me know and I'll grab them this afternoon.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Supra JZA80 clutch master and slave cylinder bore sizes Mon, 20 September 2004 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm using MA61 master and slave cylinders with my NA JZA80 clutch with no apparent issues. Don't know if the JZA80 is the same but it seems likely.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Supra JZA80 clutch master and slave cylinder bore sizes Mon, 20 September 2004 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At the moment I'm using MX13 master and MA61 slave cylinders. It looks very much like the fingers are bent suggestive of too much travel. The thrust bearing wear pattern on the fingers is also quite wide. I'm going to take all 3 pressure plates to the local clutch guru and see what he has to say.
I'm sick of blowing cluches - this is number 3! I only did 3 laps yesterday (only highlight was chasing down a 400hp XY GT). Very frustrating - it's driving me to tears. Crying or Very Sad

If you guys can't dig up the details, don't worry too much. I'll just put in an adjustable 'stop' to limit pedal travel.

[Updated on: Mon, 20 September 2004 01:12]

Stenno
Regular

March 2003

Re: Supra JZA80 clutch master and slave cylinder bore sizes Mon, 20 September 2004 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave,

As requested.

Slave Cylinder ID 22.15mm
Master Cylinder ID 15.9mm

Hope this helps.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Supra JZA80 clutch master and slave cylinder bore sizes Mon, 20 September 2004 09:37 Go to previous message
Thanks Jon. Helps a stack!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:18rg,twin solex's. "help"
Next Topic:yamaha head from 2T-G onto 3T-C
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 17:10:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057969093322754 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.