Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ke55
Occasional Poster

September 2004
hydrolic clutch for 2T Mon, 20 September 2004 05:03 Go to next message
i own two ke50's. at one stage i thought one was a ke55 but soon found out it wasnt Sad . anyway, ive heard that you can bolt a hydrolic unit from a ta22 straight up to the 3k. however the ke50 im doing up has a 2T celica engine in it Confused . is it possible to do the same sort of thing with this engine? maybe using the mechanism from a different car.
also im looking to put an lsd in it. similar to a TRD 2 way if possible. what do you think would be ideal?

thanks in advance.
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: hydrolic clutch for 2T Mon, 20 September 2004 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the car has a 2T, it might be easiest to use a 2T box (ie T50) which is already setup for a hydraulic clutch.

As for the diff, what diff does the car currently have? You might have to do a conversion if you want a LSD.
ke55
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: hydrolic clutch for 2T Mon, 20 September 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im pretty sure it just has the standard ke50 diff in it. what is involved with a conversion, and approximately how much would it cost by itself?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: hydrolic clutch for 2T Mon, 20 September 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KE50 is what you have in the avatar - AKA "THE POS"

diff upgrade depends on what you do for the costs - to get LSD will cost you close to $1000 methinks.

hydraulic clutch is easiest taken from a TA22.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: hydrolic clutch for 2T Mon, 20 September 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke55 wrote on Mon, 20 September 2004 15:03

i own two ke50's. at one stage i thought one was a ke55 but soon found out it wasnt Sad . anyway, ive heard that you can bolt a hydrolic unit from a ta22 straight up to the 3k. however the ke50 im doing up has a 2T celica engine in it Confused . is it possible to do the same sort of thing with this engine? maybe using the mechanism from a different car.
also im looking to put an lsd in it. similar to a TRD 2 way if possible. what do you think would be ideal?
thanks in advance.

hydraulic and cable clutches operate differently, one pushes, the other pulls.

K40/K50's are set up to use cable clutch.

enigne has little bearing on what clutch mechanism you use. it's all about the gearbox and clutch

what are you actually trying to achieve?
ke55
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: hydrolic clutch for 2T Mon, 20 September 2004 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just want a hydrolic clutch. clutch kicking isnt really ideal with a cable clutch Rolling Eyes. the previous owner told me it had a supra gearbox in it, but i have a feeling its a celica one. either way the same principal should apply shouldnt it? will the mechanism from a ta22 work with either box?

THE WITZL - y do you call it "THE POS"?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: hydrolic clutch for 2T Mon, 20 September 2004 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if you are into fully sik clutch kicking than maybe you want to buy a honda or a daihatsu perhaps?

SO IS THIS FOR THE 3K MOTOR OR THE 2T MOTOR????

if it's the 3K, you have a K to W bellhousing?, or a K to T bellhousing? (the latter could be cable or hydraulic).

you need the mechanism that IS ON THE BOX... the bellhousing is either set up for hydraulic or cable and you need a different lever, since they work in opposite ways.

as for pedals, thats a totally different matter. just grab a pedal box and mod it to fit. angle grinder, welder, all good.

a better idea, instead of fitting a hydraulic clutch so you can 'clutch kick' is to learn to drive. Confused
ke55
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: hydrolic clutch for 2T Mon, 20 September 2004 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah man i like my toyota.
it is for the 2T motor, the celica engine.
the 3k in in my other ke50.
dont worry, ill just get a T50 and use that.
some people have different driving styles and forms of enjoyment, such as drifting.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: hydrolic clutch for 2T Mon, 20 September 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for the one with a 2T, is it actually a TE50? or the build plate says KE50?

is the box you have a W or T box? why would you downgrade to a T from a W?

if you have a W box already, then you have a 3TGTE or 1GG bellhousing, which should be hydraulic already.

if you have a T50, then getting another T50 won't help will it? all you need is a hydraulic bellhousing to go with the current T50.. i won't worry.. just be a little confused Wink

ahh, so you kick the clutch to slip the rear end out so you can drift? sounds more like 'slide braking' then drifting Wink

ke55
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: hydrolic clutch for 2T Mon, 20 September 2004 10:35 Go to previous message
yea well i spose i shud have done a bit more research before asking the question hay. oh well, ill get back to you with all the details later and ill sort it out then. thanks for the help so far though.

yea slide braking is another drifting technique, but with the clutch kick, u have less chance of loosing power as u keep your foot planted the whole time. slide braking can be just as effective if your going fast enought though Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1GG Help Gauges Specs Help
Next Topic:exhaust question
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:10:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053701400756836 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.