Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Aust's Largest AE86 meet.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'm on my Greens but if i get off my lazy arse i'll be off them by the time we leave(hopefully),

But something to think about, my mate drove up from Melb yesterday, it took him 8 hour with an average speed of 108km/h thats according to his trip computer in his car.
  Send a private message to this user    
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunately this event is in teh middle of summer, so i prolly wont be able to drink too much Confused

but im going for the hachi roku spirit anyways, and im sure ill get enough of a rush from that

Edit: and whichever hotel we stay at, i just hope they dont steal my weed and bong etc, like some place in sydney.... Rolling Eyes weed is expensive in melbourne and id like to not have to buy more

[Updated on: Tue, 12 October 2004 22:45]

UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 08:43

Unfortunately this event is in teh middle of summer, so i prolly wont be able to drink too much Confused

Pussy! Laughing

Haha just kidding man!
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh UUP-46x...

Im quoting whereis.com.au for my figuires. And im pretty sure in some areas they dont factor in 110 speed zones. So they dramatically overcalculate time.

BTW. The time taken in my route calculations is including stops! So I hope people dont get disheartened by looking at how far it is ;p

ae95..

Perth-Melbourne:

3426.93 km 46 Hrs 20 Mins

Again this is whereis.com.au Just come. Drive 20hrs. Find some nice place to sleep overnight halfway. Wakeup, drive for another 20 (Itd be 40max) And your there! And upon arrival you'll be swimming in beer shouts from the rest of us.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 October 2004 23:37]

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 13 October 2004 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 09:37

And upon arrival you'll be swimming in beer shouts from the rest of us.

Most definately! For an effort like that, you get free piss fo shizzle!
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 13 October 2004 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So what suburb are we planning to meet in?

I'm cool wherever we drive so long as we stay clear of tram tracks Mad those bastard road rules are just too much for us Sydney-siders Laughing

As for removal of P plates, I'm pretty iffy about this idea because once on a trip to Canberra i was cruising with a pack of Datto 1600's (about 10) and some of them were P platers, then out of no where a highway patrol pulled them all over for no reason, mind you they were doing the speed limit and it was a Sunday morning!

but so long as we are not excessively speeding but i think Sprinter-saurus has the right idea of putting them inside the windscreen

Bathurst-91, note down on the main list who is a P plater and whos is full licence etc, any Learners? LOL
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 13 October 2004 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Shell at Chullora sounds like a good place to meet.

Des, do you want to meet the other guys coming from Newy/Taree/anywhere north at Thornleigh or something, then show them the way to the meeting place?

I tried to get a listing of BP servos for the trip (Garth and I love our Ultimate!), but my connection keeps stuffing up for whatever reason.

And I vote for the coastal route on the way down.

Friday 6:00am DEPARTURE would be the go IMO, so that would mean the Taree guys will have to leave pretty early, otherwise you boys can sleep on my loungeroom floor and my spare room if you come down Thursday (probably a good idea).... Just make sure you keep your filthy hands off my missus. Razz
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 13 October 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree 6am would def be the best time to leave, scenic(spelling)/coastal route would be interesting atleast,

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2004 01:20]

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 13 October 2004 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm Shell at Chullora, i'm not really familiar but is that the one on the opposite side of the road? (smallish)

I was thinking if that was too confusing, then meet at P6 carpark at Homebush (definately no confusion there!)

i'm an 8000 or optimax fan, so look that up too Surprised

whos comin from taree/north? show of hands?
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 13 October 2004 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
departure suggestion updated/
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 13 October 2004 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this 12th december comp a nationals event?
org86t
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 13 October 2004 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep us taree boys will be good for 6am as we will stay at my mates place in narellan night before thats mrf_ool and me and probly his bro will bring his sprinter if it will make it
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 13 October 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Thu, 07 October 2004 07:32

this december drift event is not a Drift Nationals round, its a seperate full lock comp.

the next full lock round after brisbane this weekend will be held in adelaide early jan Wink

SO, anyone coming to adelaide in january? i hear its gonna go off!

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2004 08:55]

Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 13 October 2004 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UUP-46X wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 08:14

I'm on my Greens but if i get off my lazy arse i'll be off them by the time we leave(hopefully),

But something to think about, my mate drove up from Melb yesterday, it took him 8 hour with an average speed of 108km/h thats according to his trip computer in his car.

did he say whether there were many coppers on the way down or back up?! Smile
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 13 October 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive done the trip

saw coppers twice
on the way back
both near a main town
mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 13 October 2004 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have been thinking of something to say and all that comes to mind is " you would be a fool to miss it" but that just doesnt help me out because im going.. oh well i think of something
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 14 October 2004 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrf_ool wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 23:21

have been thinking of something to say and all that comes to mind is " you would be a fool to miss it" but that just doesnt help me out because im going.. oh well i think of something

Laughing
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 14 October 2004 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sydney convoy info updated/
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 14 October 2004 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill be there, but i may be coming back to Canberra on the 13th so i can pace out the way for the sydney stragglers.
There are two fixed location cameras between Syd and Melb, and generally two or three highway patrol near major cities. Goulburn, Albury/Wodonga and Gundagai are pretty reliable bets, same with some movable radar/camera traps in the smaller vic towns (60zones)

I drive the trip regularly,.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 14 October 2004 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
those who are driving, just take it easy, no rush, we dont want to see any bent cars, fined or defected cars arriving in melb
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 14 October 2004 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 22:24

those who are driving, just take it easy, no rush, we dont want to see any bent cars, fined or defected cars arriving in melb

agreed!
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 14 October 2004 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stash the weed
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Fri, 15 October 2004 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 23:36

Stash the weed

hahahahaha - spot the stoner....

i will be there! MOST definitely.in my car...arch, trav is coming...so is matt.....
mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Fri, 15 October 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is there a fee for the entering the park for the day...
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Fri, 15 October 2004 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good question.

Im guessing yes.

Anyone?
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Fri, 15 October 2004 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
better not be... we are above them! Razz

dave u mean trav with the orange one? and who do u mean by matt? there are a million matts, my name is matt! whoa!
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Sat, 16 October 2004 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I created a new thread for the sydney convoy as this thread should probably have info on what the melbourne guys are doing to organise AU's largest ae86 meet.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Sun, 17 October 2004 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im sorry, but im lazy and realllllllly CBF readign the rest of the thread. So the idea's gone from toyo meet to just AE86's or??

Anyone care if a lonely little mr2 attends or are we being elitests? Laughing
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Sun, 17 October 2004 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Sun, 17 October 2004 23:40

Anyone care if a lonely little mr2 attends or are we being elitests? Laughing

i dunno.... ask garth! Razz Laughing
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 18 October 2004 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown,

What are we talking about? The drift event show, or the other shit we will be doing?
Sw4y
Regular

February 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 18 October 2004 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

get a hello kitty pillow jezza!

Due to an unfailing HK obsession i can prolly provide all the new south wales boys with Hello Kitty Pillows. Very Happy

Sway

[Updated on: Mon, 18 October 2004 09:27]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 18 October 2004 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sw4y wrote on Mon, 18 October 2004 19:21

Quote:

get a hello kitty pillow jezza!

Due to an unfailing HK obsession i can prolly provide all the new south wales boys with Hello Kitty Pillows. Very Happy

Sway

u coming as the one and only ae86 'dori-gal' ??

Very Happy
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 18 October 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man you fucks have got to many threads goin im confused Laughing Laughing

Umm anything and everything Very Happy
Sw4y
Regular

February 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 18 October 2004 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not sure. My new Hachi is a 4AC till January. Not too much driving pleasure from it atm. AND ITS SO SLOW!

If i could get the time of work i would. But december is usually a "black out" period. Sad so no days off.

Ill Keep you posted. Very Happy
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 18 October 2004 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sw4y, ill put u down as a definate Very Happy
its only a weekend really.. takeaway the trip time and its only a few hours.. you'll be back before you know it..

heh. Well ok your on the list in the other thread as posibly then.

Clown:

sydney convoy, refer to sydney convoy thread
ae86 stand at calder, refer to that thread
and largest ae86 meet ever in melbourne, thats this thread

your exits are to the left, please keep your seats in the upright position... drinking is encouraged.

Razz
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 18 October 2004 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 09:18

your exits are to the left, please keep your seats in the upright position... drinking is encouraged.

Razz

LOL

sw4y - show em your Hello Kitty exhaust tip!!!
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 19 October 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*exits to left with seats up and drinking* Laughing Cheers guys
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 19 October 2004 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think a drinking competition needs to be called upon, to find out which state can out do themn all Wink

hahaha

arch for pm!
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 19 October 2004 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaahah its on

SA Great Wink
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 20 October 2004 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I would die trying to out-drink Arch. I forfeit.
tofu garage
Regular

May 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 20 October 2004 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey sluty,do have a 20v water pump spare? mine is fucked.
chad
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 20 October 2004 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tofu garage wrote on Wed, 20 October 2004 10:55

hey sluty,do have a 20v water pump spare? mine is fucked.
chad

I'm not sure man. I think I might. I'll have a look, but it will be at my parent's house. Might not be until the weekend.
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 20 October 2004 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Wed, 20 October 2004 10:50

Come on man, I reccon everyone should try & if you die trying atleast you'll die happy/drunk, i can think of worse ways. Rolling Eyes
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 21 October 2004 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UUP-46X wrote on Wed, 20 October 2004 11:07

AE86slut wrote on Wed, 20 October 2004 10:50

Come on man, I reccon everyone should try & if you die trying atleast you'll die happy/drunk, i can think of worse ways. Rolling Eyes

Die trying! thats the spirit!

i like my booze, but seriously half of my friends here would beat me in a drinking comp, i dont go that hard anymore and i stick to the beers now, used to be a spirits only guy

Now, back to the meet:

Is someone in Melbourne organising this meet? is it gonna be on saturday? we would like saturday arvo as we will be arriving on saturday morning (the sa guys) and would like a few hours rest before we head out for a massive melbourne meet, which will most likely end with drinking.
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 21 October 2004 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=Arch wrote on Thu, 21 October 2004 10:37Now, back to the meet:

Is someone in Melbourne organising this meet? is it gonna be on saturday? we would like saturday arvo as we will be arriving on saturday morning (the sa guys) and would like a few hours rest before we head out for a massive melbourne meet, which will most likely end with drinking.[/quote]

I agree, i think Saterday afternoon would suit everyone better, that way us NSW boys can have a bit of a sleep in & a chill out,

So... Has anyone started to organise this big meet up for Saturday??
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 21 October 2004 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can somone in Melbourne organise a tour or what!. Organise some meet spot where everyone can eat (bbq,take-away whatever). Then Perhaps A drive to the great ocean road... after a nice drive, get the ultimate photo session. 100 hachi's with the 12 apostles in the background?

I Agree saturday arvo is the time!

[Updated on: Thu, 21 October 2004 02:10]

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 21 October 2004 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I said 100 hachi's

is that what we're expecting?!

There will be 20 or so from Sydney (hopefully). Im guessing the SA boys will have 10-20 (?) And then Melbourne have to provide the other 60! So someone down there get organising.

UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 21 October 2004 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Thu, 21 October 2004 12:09

Can somone in Melbourne organise a tour or what!. Organise some meet spot where everyone can eat (bbq,take-away whatever). Then Perhaps A drive to the great ocean road... after a nice drive, get the ultimate photo session. 100 hachi's with the 12 apostles in the background?

That pic would be killer!! My mate that may be coming down with me is a Photographer so i mite try & hit him up to take some photos if he comes,
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 21 October 2004 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UUP-46X wrote on Thu, 21 October 2004 12:20

bathurst-91 wrote on Thu, 21 October 2004 12:09

That pic would be killer!! My mate that may be coming down with me is a Photographer so i mite try & hit him up to take some photos if he comes,

if not my mate who is possibly riding with me is a photographer as well Smile

I heard the ocean road is a further 4 hours S/W of Melbourne??!?!

i hope our lil hachis can handle it!
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 21 October 2004 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SEXY 16 wrote on Sat, 25 September 2004 17:45

sexy car rentals can offer 5 ae86s all registered for this event for coke and potatoes hmmm Laughing

Were you just joking? Id love to take one of yours Smile
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 21 October 2004 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well ive got an offer from a mate of mine who is a semi pro photophrapher, basically i'd like him to come along with us to the meet up, along withj take pics of the drift nats also

pics would be availavle to everyone for a small price. say 30 a cd or something..

So if ppl are happy to chip in to help out gettimg him over that would be great. his work is seriously really good.

you can view some of it here

http://www.pbase.com/mcphotographics

all pics on his site are 80Kb in size, the originals are 4-5 meg PER pic... i have some awesome still shots of my car along with action ones.

i"d be looking for a donation of say 5 bucks from whoevers keen to have this guy come along, he's an absolute champ, biggest car freak ever and will really get some good pics for you.
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 21 October 2004 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ARCH: yes Trav as in orange trav, and Matt as in bluebird matt, best case scenario me and trav in our hachis and worst case all in the bluebird...., should be sick! drinking comp..down for that! Very Happy
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Fri, 22 October 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who said you were invited?
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Fri, 22 October 2004 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truenosedan wrote on Thu, 21 October 2004 23:37

ARCH: yes Trav as in orange trav, and Matt as in bluebird matt, best case scenario me and trav in our hachis and worst case all in the bluebird...., should be sick! drinking comp..down for that! Very Happy

[Updated on: Sat, 23 October 2004 07:25] by Moderator

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Fri, 22 October 2004 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BWAHAAHAHAHAHwhwWNAW
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Fri, 22 October 2004 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=Simon-AE86 wrote on Fri, 22 October 2004 22:05]
truenosedan wrote on Thu, 21 October 2004 23:37

[Updated on: Sat, 23 October 2004 07:26] by Moderator

truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Sat, 23 October 2004 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
someone is trying to impress some male freinds.... Rolling Eyes

gotta love the keyboard warriors! and the maturity!

and how is that comment "gay" and it is the largest ae86 meet i own an ae86, ill be there....
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Sat, 23 October 2004 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've put out the word to PRO photographers in Melbourne to suggest to me a spot where the group shots should be taken... aswell as asking them to come along and do some group shots for free! Im awaiting responses.

I realise someone mentioned some photographers riding shotgun with them. Thats good but I figuire the more photographers we have swarming the better and more photos we will have!

[Updated on: Sat, 23 October 2004 20:14]

UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Sun, 24 October 2004 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Got my Black licence on Saturday! no more P plates for me!

No getting left behind now! Smile
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 25 October 2004 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
UUP-46X, have i ever met you before? Those plates are strikingly familiar but i just can't picture them on an ae86 !?
Pages (5): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 WEEKEND 11th,12thDEC..THE ITINERARY...(MELB)
Next Topic:Classic CROWN Cruise Aug 21Now with Pics
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 14:28:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.013291120529175 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.