Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Aust's Largest AE86 meet.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 25 October 2004 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Mon, 25 October 2004 10:51

UUP-46X, have i ever met you before? Those plates are strikingly familiar but i just can't picture them on an ae86 !?

Hey man!

I don't think we've ever met, LOL Don't stress the plates are actually on my AE92 which i will be selling very shortly as my AE86 will be back on the road! Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 25 October 2004 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yes, i think i may have seen you in the ae92, had abit of a chuckle over the plates Laughing

edit: where'd my smiley face go?! hehe

[Updated on: Mon, 25 October 2004 02:00]

UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 25 October 2004 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

LOL Yea got them as abit of a joke, but i've regreted them ever since, Luckily im moving on to better things & the stroller is leaving! Smile

Edit: ps, i saw you a couple weeks ago heading west on the Great Western Hwy you we're turning left on to the Cumberland Hwy,

[Updated on: Mon, 25 October 2004 02:15]

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 25 October 2004 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i putt arond there sometimes, thats the nearest Super shit auto to me Sad

where bouts u based?

Oh and Andrew, i have another semi-confirmed ae86, his driveline is being repaired so we'll know soon. Possibly another one as well

UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 25 October 2004 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Head 1min further west down Great Western & there's a Caltex servo, i'm rite near there,

[Updated on: Mon, 25 October 2004 03:35]

UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 25 October 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Forgot to add earlier that thanks to the RTA taking so f*(king long (making me wait an 1h 20mins in a line before letting me do my test for my licence) i had a $70 fine sitting under my wiper blade, which a nice parking inspector must have left me to brighten up my weekend! Mad
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 25 October 2004 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you mean Girraween Rd/Amex Ave? That's where i get all my paints from, i go there sometimes. I also sometimes work at my mates restaurant delivering in my ae86 in Pendle Hill, LOL...yeah yeah at least you know the food will be still hot!

WHAT? your car get fined in the RTA parking place? Or i'm guessing you parked at Parra RTA where there is like no spaces whatsoever! Rolling Eyes
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 25 October 2004 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thats the Caltex, i'm rite around the corner from there, Do you get your paint from VG auto paints?

I went to Merrylands RTA & parked out front on the street, was spewing when i got back to the car, i'm gona try writing a letter 2 tell them to get f*(ked i aint paying the fine! But i see how i go,
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 25 October 2004 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm well it just depends on if you were parked outside a certain time zone, but Sydney parking is f*&^ed in the head anyway.

Yeah VG auto paints, awesome place
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 25 October 2004 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I was parked out the front, it's like a 1 or 2 hour parking limit, it just pisses me off that i made my booking for 10:00am but i didn't start my test till 11:20am, i thought i'd get out of the place in an hour but yea big miss judgement on my behalf, i just figured if you make a booking you would do your test at that time, hadn't planned for the extra Hour & a bit of standing in a que & i didn't want to leave the que cause i'd lose my spot & have to start all aver again, it was a bit of catch 22 in the end,
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 26 October 2004 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, now that we've figured out where each other live.... Laughing
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 26 October 2004 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve-AE86 wrote on Tue, 26 October 2004 11:47

haha, now that we've figured out where each other live.... Laughing

I know where you live!!!!

Adelaide! Rolling Eyes Razz
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 26 October 2004 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AdeMelaide Cool

saxamaphone..
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 26 October 2004 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

"Viamolin"

"omobobo"
Tofuboi
Regular

November 2003

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 26 October 2004 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrf_ool wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 19:02

maybe the P platers can do there own convoy if enough and leave earlier and can catch up along the way..abit b4 we get there

just tow em all behind the faster drivers somehow Smile that way they're not TECHNICALLY driving Razz

Also I'm attending the event on Dec 12, so it would be cool to meet all of you, drink up at the event and so on. Smile

Also regarding the CB Radio idea for that big trip down to Melbourne, I can imagine right now someone going to be singing songs the entire way down, just to annoy everyone. Smile

"I'm on a Mexican Wooo Radio!!!" lol

sorry, had to say that. Razz Anyhow, good luck with the trip and I hope to meet you all come Dec 12.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 26 October 2004 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant believe u guys are seriously thinking about driving slower just coz ur on ur p's, theres a 10% leeway anyhow, just do 110 u will be fine. Uncle arch promises you Wink
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 28 October 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So Melbourne doods, How long does it take to drive to The Great Ocean Road?

http://members.optushome.com.au/creed01/gor.jpg
http://members.optushome.com.au/creed01/gor2.jpg
http://members.optushome.com.au/creed01/gor3.jpg
http://members.optushome.com.au/creed01/gor4.jpg
http://members.optushome.com.au/creed01/gor5.jpg
http://members.optushome.com.au/creed01/gor6.jpg

Us Sydney region people would like to see it, however we're not sure if we'll be up for it after driving so long
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 28 October 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it is about 1 hour drive from CBD if my child hood memorys recall...

takes 30-45min to get to tourqey from where i am so i would say an hour or an hour and a half from CBD..
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 28 October 2004 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Us adelaide guys rekon we might go on great ocean road. i rekon we should do it on the way back though in the daylight, not at night on the way down.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Fri, 29 October 2004 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyoda wrote on Thu, 28 October 2004 20:10

it is about 1 hour drive from CBD if my child hood memorys recall...

takes 30-45min to get to tourqey from where i am so i would say an hour or an hour and a half from CBD..

Sweet.

What's the go with cops along there?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Fri, 29 October 2004 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah. id love to drive on that!!
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Fri, 29 October 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mum says to me "No drifing on Great Ocean Road Matty, coz i know what u boys are like when u get together" Rolling Eyes hahaha
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Fri, 29 October 2004 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Fri, 29 October 2004 19:44

Mum says to me "No drifing on Great Ocean Road Matty, coz i know what u boys are like when u get together" Rolling Eyes hahaha

awwww cute.

tell your mum that its not living if its not at full lock
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Sun, 31 October 2004 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So Melbourne doods, How long does it take to drive to The Great Ocean Road?

Hi!

I had my birthday on the great ocean road.
The view is absolutely magnificent! Full of twisties and narrow corners.

However since there will be a bunch of u guys, the throttle happy GE peeps will overtake most of the caravans and hippy mobiles while the 4a-c's will struggle.

I was half grogy on my birthday and was in a rav4 and spotted a nice group of datsun 120b's... all with SR20's Very Happy

The great ocean links up to adelaide me thinks, it's terribly long and somewhat dangerous. Caution is advised.
It's long and once ur on it, u can't get off.

Today i'm planning to meet up with Tofu Garage and Improvedae86 to dicuss what activities we can do as a massive 86 crew when u boys (and girls!) get here.
Any ideas what you guys wanna do?

-Jay
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Sun, 31 October 2004 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
last time i went to GOR was abt 4 mths ago and coming from the CBD it takes 1.5 hrs, depending on traffic. As you guys will be coming down in Dec, the weather should be nicer which means more ppl going down to the GOR.

The GOR is long and windy and heaps of fun, but there are places where you can stop, albeit for a small number of cars. i dont know how say 40 sprinters are going to make things easy Laughing

but that can be planned out slowly. Classique71 would probably have a better idea of planning a GOR cruise then me. off the top of my head i would say a trip from Lorne to Apollo Bay would be good. a cruise down to Cape Otway lighthouse could also be on the agenda if anyone wants. The cape Otway lighthouse car park is quite big too so it should be ample for those that are going to be cruising down.

if there is going to be a GOR cruise, CB's are a must considering the amount of cars that may be going.

Cheers
Huy
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Sun, 31 October 2004 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
da_horse wrote on Sun, 31 October 2004 15:12

off the top of my head i would say a trip from Lorne to Apollo Bay would be good. a cruise down to Cape Otway lighthouse could also be on the agenda if anyone wants. The cape Otway lighthouse car park is quite big too so it should be ample for those that are going to be cruising down.

This sounds good. How long would this drive be? I guess we want a reasonably long drive along a twisty road so we can all have fun and enjoy our cars together, but as you pointed out, we will need somewhere at the destination to park all of our cars which could limit options.
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Sun, 31 October 2004 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys.

i threw my back out on my trampoline tonight.

while i was lying there wating for help, i saw a bright light.
i envisioned myself getting totally smashed in melbourne and seeing lots of nice ae86ers. not to mention some nice drift!
then i heard a voice saying (spooky) "go to melbourne u sad sorry boy" (/spooky)

i finally regained conciousness and reached for my mobile. i made a few calls and organized everything.

apart from being bed ridden for the next few weeks, i should be all set to see you guys in melbourne! WOOHOO!

Please send all 'get well soon' cards to 77 Fredson St Unley SA
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Sun, 31 October 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lay off the weed dude
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Sun, 31 October 2004 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Sun, 31 October 2004 19:57

lay off the weed dude

Laughing Laughing Laughing
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Sun, 31 October 2004 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so how many stops, and how long in between stops are we making?
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 01 November 2004 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've got 2 more weeks untili finish my exams, so after that i'll talk to some other melb guys about organising a GOR cruise... Smile

a GOR cruise from lorne to apollo bay could take about 1 hour, and 1 hour from apollo bay to Cape Otway, i'm not totally sure because i wasnt keeping track of time, i just drove Very Happy but either way a lil day cruise should be enough, which covers travel there, 2 main stages and back again.

Cheers

[Updated on: Wed, 03 November 2004 15:18]

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 01 November 2004 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
genkin wrote on Sun, 31 October 2004 19:48

hey guys.

i threw my back out on my trampoline tonight.

while i was lying there wating for help, i saw a bright light.
i envisioned myself getting totally smashed in melbourne and seeing lots of nice ae86ers. not to mention some nice drift!
then i heard a voice saying (spooky) "go to melbourne u sad sorry boy" (/spooky)

i finally regained conciousness and reached for my mobile. i made a few calls and organized everything.

apart from being bed ridden for the next few weeks, i should be all set to see you guys in melbourne! WOOHOO!

Please send all 'get well soon' cards to 77 Fredson St Unley SA

Best story ever.

Laughing
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 03 November 2004 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tramampoline
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 09:35

Tramampoline

Very informative Arch! Razz Laughing

Just on a side note for my own curiosity, How old are all you guys that are coming down??

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2004 01:35]

tofu garage
Regular

May 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dudes, how do i post photos in this sec?
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tofu garage wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 13:20

dudes, how do i post photos in this sec?

Like this? Just click on the image file icon in the formatting tools bar and paste in the URL.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/AE86slut/bunny.bmp
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The images have to be hosted somewhere else, Cant do it direct from you PC yea?

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2004 02:31]

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UUP-46X wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 13:30

The images have to be hosted somewhere else, Cant do it direct from you PC yea?

This is correct. I assumed we were past that.

Chad, I'll host them for you if you want.... hachi6@gmail.com
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Wasnt sure if Chad knew this or not thats all, Smile
tofu garage
Regular

May 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://au.msnusers.com/TOFUGARAGEPICTURES/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1
tofu garage
Regular

May 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ha ha i am a dick...
tofu garage
Regular

May 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://au.msnusers.com/TOFUGARAGEPICTURES/shoebox. msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1

This is my link to black spur run...maps and photos

an option for sat 11th dec..

the great ocean road is good drive but in summer it will be packed..see what you think..

chad

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2004 03:08]

UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

http://au.msnusers.com/_Secure/0TgCWGJgV!zAJXOIwBkm4hj6Plkw0jmSrB5bp93mQH1IzgILFOpcH7DHKQQHgJ6tYKknn*sOtl5Seqa1su4G0j8FjCpzkY5ZCFHh!pfTeMkcjsZTGdpkPcw/1908mm3,0.jpg?dc=4675496008918223355

http://au.msnusers.com/_Secure/0RwAAAMETiqfCRsjU0oBD8pfySlhrkOlwhesfOHCJwC2ROzNI0j9hNqzmJiY5ctPzcDKfGBusUcvuCIa4XpcmyWwX!lfx2cT7nGNtNU2FBE4/22.jpg?dc=4675496008924411290

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2004 03:18]

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wooooooooooor the black spur Shocked

sending phear through me already Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2004 03:15]

tofu garage
Regular

May 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is the link working?

if so what do you guys think of the black spur?
the black spur is between Healesville and Maryville, road is windy most of the way great corners with a forest fell to it..
and there is a picnic area with bbqs..would be a great day
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Loink is working, Thats where the 2 pics in my previous post are from, Smile
tofu garage
Regular

May 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool..its a great drive
86slut what do you think?

chad
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i say FUCK YEAH
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 14:48

i say FUCK YEAH

Ya prob don't care what i think, but i'm with him!! Razz
tofu garage
Regular

May 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so i should organize it then?
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well how far from Calder/our motels is it?

and how long does it last for? good photography areas/places to drif....i mean eat etc Very Happy
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Are you sugesting this as a replacement for GOR?
tofu garage
Regular

May 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its 90km from the city..from calder park to the city is about
15 to 20 mins...to the black spur is not as far away as the G.O.R.. plenty of photo spots, lunch areas etc...
trust me the photos dont do it Justice...
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
30+ 4AGE's will be the ultimate justice
tofu garage
Regular

May 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the corners are sick..
go's for k's.and less traffic than the G.O.R..

we drive half way to the lunch spot.. chill use the lunch area as a Base and do runs up and down the spur..

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2004 04:23]

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chad, this is the go man, fo shizzle!

Guys, this would be a full day-trip, and personally I reckon would be freakin awesome. According to Chad, the BBQ area is very big with plenty of room for us to all park and have a photo-shoot, BBQ etc (bags not carrying the food! Evil or Very Mad ) with a nice forest back-drop....... Plus some TASTY corners Very Happy

GOR would be good, but as stated, would probably be just too crowded with tourists.
tofu garage
Regular

May 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dudes my sister just had her baby..like 10mins ago
in sydney..
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tofu garage wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 14:59

so i should organize it then?

http://img118.exs.cx/img118/3179/arnieDOIT.jpg

Surprised

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2004 04:52]

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omg, congrats!!!!

boy/girl????

i just found out 3 ppl in the last week are having babies, it must be peak season!
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 04 November 2004 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Pass on the congrats Chad.... Errr.... I mean 'UNCLE' Chad Razz
Pages (5): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 WEEKEND 11th,12thDEC..THE ITINERARY...(MELB)
Next Topic:Classic CROWN Cruise Aug 21Now with Pics
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 14:54:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.015192985534668 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.