Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 28 January 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bootheman: so that is you in ballarat? bring the mr2 down the street tonight Laughing (friday night)
  Send a private message to this user    
bootheman
Regular

March 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 28 January 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahaha nar not me in ballarat last time i was thier was about a year ago........

im workin until 9 then nfi i think i have 2 go c a mate dj or something in the city so yer not 2night man Razz
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 28 January 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arrrrrrgh that means some other guys sprayed their aw11 bright yellow! Atleast that means if i get done doin something stupid I can run from cops.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 28 January 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i seen a yellow aw11 in a import car yard last time i was in brissie.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 29 January 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i knew there was few up the coast. but 2 in ballarat is gonna get a bit messy with a few of the locals hating my car for no reason.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 29 January 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha.. but it might be you driving like a tosser and not the other guy..... Twisted Evil

woohoooo.. thanks to davedave i now have a drivers window that works.
i pulled this out this arvo
http://upload.3sgtemr2.com/upload/feralwindowwinder1.jpg
http://upload.3sgtemr2.com/upload/feralwindowwinder2.jpg

heres the new 2nd hand cog and the one i made a couple years ago from a bread board. the inner bit has stripped out, not the outer cog bit like i thought (and like the original one was).
http://upload.3sgtemr2.com/upload/feralwindowcogs.jpg

slowly things are coming together getting the feral ready for my road trip. Smile
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 29 January 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not the cops im worried about they know what i drive like. As it is i have people wanting to trash my car cos "i drive a faggy yellow, slow piece of shit" Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 29 January 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how hard was this to do feral. My drivers side gear is stripped it still goes up but its only a matter of time. I decided that i would pinch the cogg from the passenger side until i got a replacement. I took off the door trim and realised that i would have to take the door completly apart.

Is this correct?

I decided it looked like a job id rather pay some1 to do.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 29 January 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte its suprisingly not too hard I was expecting an impossible job to pull the motor out when my cog stripped some of the outer teeth, took about 20min to get the door panel off an pull the motor out. which reminds me oneday I have to get a new cog, when mine stripped I was about to go away on holiday and had now time to get a replacement from america, and also wanting the passenger window I pulled the cog off (3 teeth stripped) I ground it in a bit futher and filled it with fibre glass and filed the teeth out, after try three time and glue not holding the new section to the cog I drilled a hole into cog and through into one of the teeth and glued half a small nail into it for strength. its been working for 3 months now with no problems, it may die oneday, but hopefully I'll get a new one before then. Very Happy

anyway if you wanna get the motor out all you do is once the trim is off, take the window control box out of the way, you'll see three screws that hold the regulator on take them off it will hang loose, if you move the regulator around you see the torx bolts that hold the motor onto the regulator, when you move the regulator you can see them through a hole in the door, it just takes a bit of manouvering. then the motor will come out.

[Updated on: Sat, 29 January 2005 07:21]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 29 January 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers for the info wiso sounds like i will have something to do tomorrow. The first time i just looked at all that glass and knew i was gonna break something. anyways i the ones from twosrus look good might get 2 of em.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 29 January 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah man, not hard to do at all, but then i find everything prity easy on this car.. Smile
as you can see i opted to pull the whole assembly out, thats how i did it last time.
i pulled the door trim off, undid the window from it's cable holder doobies (3 12mm bolts) and pulled the glass up outta the way (sat the rubber stopper on a ledge). undid the 3 10mm bolts holding the motor to the door, undid the 6 (in total) 12mm nuts holding both runner assemblies to the door and manovered it all out the sevice hole.
i havnt tried it like wiso by just removing the motor in the door, maybe next time i will try it that way.

i'll have to be careful still with mine, when the window winds all the way up and hits the stoppers the new cog will slip if i dont de-press the button soon enough, the cog on the cable side must be worn. Sad

[Updated on: Sat, 29 January 2005 11:36]

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 29 January 2005 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got the microtech fitted tonight, its on a base tune but having the laptop hooked up to it and looking at all the flashing lights is fun..... Time to get the afm out tommorow and load it into a canon and shoot it at feral !
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 29 January 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool, i could do with a spare...... Laughing
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 29 January 2005 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Sat, 29 January 2005 22:35

Time to get the afm out tommorow and load it into a canon and shoot it at feral !

Ha Ha Ha! Bout time you got that thing outa there.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 29 January 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i gota remove all our awesome pipe work Smile, Filter is going STRAIGHT onto the turbo. muahahah.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 29 January 2005 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bling Cool
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 29 January 2005 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey u guys, my window used to stutter on the way up, now it also doesnt stop when it hit the top on auto and just keep spinning. also in some position the glass and be pushed manually up and down with force.

will changing that gear thingy in the motor solve this problem? i have feel window just gonna fail on my one day
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 29 January 2005 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Sun, 30 January 2005 01:17

yeah i gota remove all our awesome pipe work Smile, Filter is going STRAIGHT onto the turbo. muahahah.

l0l my budget filter says do not mount directly onto turbo dosent say anything about a supercharger still seems to be going strong tho.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 29 January 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc wrote on Sun, 30 January 2005 03:01

hey u guys, my window used to stutter on the way up, now it also doesnt stop when it hit the top on auto and just keep spinning. also in some position the glass and be pushed manually up and down with force.

will changing that gear thingy in the motor solve this problem? i have feel window just gonna fail on my one day

yes, a new gear will fix the problem. it is a common problem with the drivers window in aw11's (i wouldnt say happens all the time, but is common).
there are guy's in the states than make better replacement cogs, i'll either have to one day get some from them or work out how to make another one properly here. (we have laser cutter people in town).
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 30 January 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I was looking into that here, it would have cost me about $200 to get one made up, and then I gan get everyone after that made for about $10, that would be on a minimum of ten though. Was thinking of doing it and selling them off, but I didn't know enough that needed them at the time, thats when I "fixed" mine
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 30 January 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im pretty sure you can buy them from www.twosrus.com or someone off mr2oc makes them.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 30 January 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
20mins later....

http://img142.exs.cx/img142/9014/thepipesthepipesarecalling4bz.th.jpg

All that junk to mount the afm... haha

[Updated on: Sun, 30 January 2005 06:05]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 30 January 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuk man, what a heap of wasted pipe work just for the afm.

my afm is mounted on the battery tray (filter facing boot) with one 90 degree rubber pipe to a 2.5" L shaped pipe onto the turbo (one rubber coupling there). easy peasy. Smile
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 30 January 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, so annoying... but anyhow, because i dont have my BOV hooked up, and the pod is right on the turbo... im getting crazy induction and turbo flutter! its amazing what a metre or so of pipe will do to all that noise
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 31 January 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miss MR2 wrote on Thu, 27 January 2005 11:52

Just a question, are any of you guys members of the MR2 owners club of australia?

I was for a while, but, I let my membership lapse - The club magazine isn't too bad...
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 31 January 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do any of the board members ever come to toymods events?

[Updated on: Mon, 31 January 2005 04:44]

adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 31 January 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miss MR2 wrote on Thu, 27 January 2005 11:52

Just a question, are any of you guys members of the MR2 owners club of australia?

Yeah I am...

Quote:

Do any of the board members ever come to toymods events?

I was a board member last year and went to one of the runs to Terrigal... actually cruised to terrigal and met up with them.

Not on the board this year.

Why did you ask Miss MR2?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 31 January 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some of you im sure allready know this but I thought i might share it for those who dont know.

I have completed a 4agze engine swap into my na mr2 about 6 months ago and i have been meaning to get it all legal for some time.

I have been given different answers from differnt people so I rang the RTA NSW and asked their technical department what was needed.

They said to me that i required an engineers certificate. I replied saying that i understood that it was a light vehicle modification and that it only required a blue slip. He said i was right but that an engineer's certificate was required to determine that it was a light vehicle modification.

There you have it.

So i have emailed a few engineers (rta approved engineering signatories) and they have said that it will cost between 350-400 dollars and the car will be required to pass an emissions test *GULP* (not looking forward to that).

anyways hope this clears a few things up.

NOTE: this only applies in NSW it may be different in other states

[Updated on: Mon, 31 January 2005 23:25]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 01 February 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
allways been meaning to join OZ mr2 club, but money situation allways got in the way.
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 01 February 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What does this club do for you (ie why should I join?).

Thanks,

Terry.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 01 February 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The guys are an awesome bunch of guys/girls (well i can only vouch for the vic section). Off the top of my head you get a discount card, the clubs also CAMS affiliated.

http://www.mr2club.com.au <-- will have all the details.
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 01 February 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was just wondering if any of you guys were members... We both just joined.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 01 February 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spotted: Dark blue supercharged mr2 with black spoked wheels driving past broadway, chick driving.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 01 February 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte,
if you have a cat, the 4agze ECU and working 02 sensor, i couldnt see any drama passing an emissions test....

when i put the 4agze in the feral, i just went to the RTA and told them i swapped in a factory option engine. they just changed the engine numbers on my rego (once i showed them where the # was).. Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 01 February 2005 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is in qld tho right?
I have the standard manifold to cat exhaust except for a new front pipe and flex pipe but im worried they will test for noise aswell and i dont its anywhere near legal atm.
Id rather not spend money on the exhaust until i turbo it.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 February 2005 14:38]

ChunksNensja
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 01 February 2005 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just picked myself up a nice clean '88 NA last night. Great car and the only problem i have so far is with the steering wheel. Problem is that when i clutch out, my knee hits the wheel. Is there a way to extend to extend the boss (with original wheel if possible) so it sits out a little more or should i just adjust the clutch pedal so it sits a little lower?
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 01 February 2005 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it a standard steering wheel or an aftermarket wheel?

If it's standard, make sure you have the steering column adjusted all the way up. And if it is, I think your best option would be to get a smaller aftermarket wheel.
If it's not standard, you may have the wrong boss kit. From what I've heard, the aw11 boss is quite long compared to others.

I don't know if you can see in the picture, but my full size momo sits well away from the indicator stalks etc.
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~wtf/mr2/dash.jpg

I'm 6" and close to 100kg (so not small) and I don't go anywhere near my wheel. My mate is 6"6 and 130kg has no dramas driving driving it either (although his head has to be off center to sit in the sunroof recess Smiley =)

Anyways, congrats on the purchase!!! If it's your first 2, you're going to love the experience!
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 02 February 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
since someone started it, i'll say that im not small either, 178cm and 110kg and i sit very comfortably in the 2. i love to sit close up, seat 2 clicks from back, and almost vertical position. my legs quite bended and i still dont hit the steering wheel on the way up

my only complaint is that i cant really finish a 500ml drink bottle without fully bending my neck, and with 1.25L bottles, forget it. i have short flattop and when it grow out it actually touches the targa glass
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 02 February 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my head hits the roof, i have to slouch. I changed to a smaller wheel 320mm, and its much better for my legs now. still will never be able to heel toe !
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 02 February 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont have any problems with clearance Laughing

[Updated on: Wed, 02 February 2005 22:40]

Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 02 February 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've just had to mount a race seat in mine so I can sit in the thing with a helmet on.

With the back of the seat touching the carpet, I've got less than 1" of clearence between the helmet and the sunroof surround...
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 February 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Wilson wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 10:57

I've just had to mount a race seat in mine so I can sit in the thing with a helmet on.

With the back of the seat touching the carpet, I've got less than 1" of clearence between the helmet and the sunroof surround...

Haha tell me about it. It was a very strange feeling having the surround vibrate my helmet at rather high speed when you took me around Wakefield.

If you don't mind me asking, what seat did you go with and how much lower is it than stock? Any chance of getting some pics of your install? I really want a much lower seat but I have some serious "width issues".

Oh yeah, how did the sheet metal intake turn out? Do you have any dyno results for the new manifold? I was following your thread about it on MR2oc ages ago but didn't see results.
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 February 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll try to remember to get some pics tonight, I wound up with an OMP seat (just 'cause it was comfortable). It's about 8cm or so lower than a standard seat (perhaps a little more).

The seat was a fairly tight fit, you might be able to get a wider seat to fit if you were willing to twist it a little, the shoulder part of mine misses the door by about 1cm and the front side cushion touches the centre tunnel.

I've got distracted from my manifold for a while, but, I should be starting the final assembly next weekend (if my replacement supercharger turns up in time).
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 February 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
friggen storms, garage flooded last night. had an Amp and whole heap of other stuff on the ground next to mr2 Mad Ive never seen this place so wet in all the years ive lived here. Water everywhere, 2 streets outa my house are blocked (leaving only one road and thats flooded aswell).
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 February 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what type of OMP seat and where did you buy it, i REALLY want a lower seat so i can sit up straight in my car. BADLY... i reckon 8cms should be enough!
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 February 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miss MR2 wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 09:39

I dont have any problems with clearance Laughing

Im with you Very Happy
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 February 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img240.exs.cx/img240/4503/seat6cl.jpg

Here is the seat, as you can see, I've still got to put the rest of the interior back in.

They are a bitch to mount - After another test sit tonight, I've decided I've got to pull it out and rebuild the brackets to move it back 10mm or so.

I also need to build/buy a steering wheel spacer (around 4-5cm).

I'm not 100% sure of the model seat, I just found the comfortable one at Revolution Racegear (you're looking at around $800 for a new one...)
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 February 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does that 800 include the rails and mounting stuff? i was looking at a recaro sprint, something like that. i think they were 450ish with no rails or mounting stuff? looks awesome
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 February 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've been looking at sports seats i can get through work, though a lever pivot one is what i would want. autotechnika make some prity nice looking seats now. Smile
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 February 2005 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the rails were about $80 or so.

I probably could have found a cheaper one, but, I really wanted to try it out first. Revolution Racegear is the only place in Canberra who had seats in stock to try...
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 04 February 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you have answered this for me before davedave and ive tried searching for it. But does anyone know any websites for re-building aw11 gze lsd gearboxes?

Also my 2nd gearbox after the first ones casing cracked was allways crucnchin 2nd and 3rd (i bought it cheap) so i kinda allways knew i would have to rebuild it at some stage and it has allways been difficult to get into 2nd when downchanging but now its just rediculous as now on the upchange it crunches 2nd badly and 3 almost as bad. Im running castrol saf-x synthetic oil.
Would this indicate a synchro problem or would it indicate a shifter linkage problem or is the oil too thick or thin?

mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 04 February 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Fri, 04 February 2005 12:24

I think you have answered this for me before davedave and ive tried searching for it. But does anyone know any websites for re-building aw11 gze lsd gearboxes?

Also my 2nd gearbox after the first ones casing cracked was allways crucnchin 2nd and 3rd (i bought it cheap) so i kinda allways knew i would have to rebuild it at some stage and it has allways been difficult to get into 2nd when downchanging but now its just rediculous as now on the upchange it crunches 2nd badly and 3 almost as bad. Im running castrol saf-x synthetic oil.
Would this indicate a synchro problem or would it indicate a shifter linkage problem or is the oil too thick or thin?

i thought i had worn syncros aswell i keep crunching especially in 3rd but i havent had one crunch in half a yr or so, only time i crunch now is when i accidentally let clutch out too quick before getting into gear
before u go spending money and time on rebuilding the box, just check or adjust the following first.

- try change the oil, im using castrol syntrax GL-5 atm and no crunch on the e51 box, if it works for me should work for you. $20/L off the shelf auto1, cheaper for trade price

- check shift cables and linkage along them lines are tight and not loose, my car was crunching few times recently before the clip holding cable to braket fell off, im assuming it was loose and causes not precise shifting = crunching

-adjusting the clutch pedal, should be a rod going to the master cylinder u can adjust (12mm lock nut). shift rod too much towards the MC and it will slightly disengage clutch and will slip when driving. shift rod too much to pedal and it might not disengage clutch fully when changing gear so will crunch. after you get it right, adjust stopper (14mm lock nut) at top to get the pedal height correct making sure you have abit of freeplay
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 04 February 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have new synthetic castrol saf-x stuff 27bucks a ltr and have checked my freeplay but im glad you have had shifter cables causing that problem as i am having trouble with the rear engine mount so if its not the synchros then im sure it will be that. Ive been trying to get some money together to get it fixed as my clutch is too violent it has ripped the bolt out of the mount so i have to get it all re-drilled and tapped welded n shit.

Anyways cheers for the info
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 04 February 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what is the weight of the oil?

85w-70 or something?
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 04 February 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damnit, got nothing for the mr2 for my b'day........ sucks to be me!
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 04 February 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Fri, 04 February 2005 17:52

what is the weight of the oil?

85w-70 or something?

75w-90 for the syntrax

geez i thoought i was brutal on the box didnt know u can even loosen engine mounts that way
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 04 February 2005 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well you can however i am running a ceramic 3 puc clutch good for 230kw so yeah it bites dont know how im gonna fix it but im gonna use the sc mount next time but means i have to get 2 new holes in the chassis made. Mechanic seems to think we will have to brace the chassis to make the extra holes.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 04 February 2005 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just make a new mount on the actual box so you dont hve to touch the one on the chassis, thats what i did and it works fine. then i got all my mounts urethaned. You can feel a bit more vibration but thems the breaks i guess.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 05 February 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IMO it wouldnt make any difference to the 'crunchiness' of your gearbox even if the rear mount was ripped right off the chassis. the shifter cables/linkages are firmly attatched to the gearbox and move with it.

as for the 2 extra hole to use a gze rear mount, i used some steel plate on the engine side of the chassis rail to give the 2 extra nuts/bolts strength when i put them in.
both my bottom bolts are missing at the moment, i need to re-tap a larger thread and put new bolts in. grrr

they couldnt stand up to the powa of my 4agte.... Twisted Evil

i feel safer useing the gze mount having the 2 extra bolts that would have to rip through the chassis to come off instead of just 2 bolts holding it from underneathe against the way the engine moves under power.

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 05 February 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
that was my thoughts exactly feral and i had the same problem i also have to retap one of the bolt holes for the same reason.

the first time i drove the car with the new gearbox and clutch it never crunched it only started doing that after a few weeks so i was thinking it might be the mount it does look very stressed with only one bolt I dont really mind if its a screwed synchros as i have a spare gearbox but id rather not have to chnage them its a bitch of a job with only chassis stands and floor jacks.
Pages (84): [ «  <  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:14:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.022181034088135 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.