Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 October 2004 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good luck man. its hard enuff to get two let alone one!

Although, having said that..... Rumour has it that the gt4 celica (not sure which year) has the same size drive shafts as our cars?

weather that helps or not is another question Rolling Eyes

either way, good luck man Smile

Send a private message to this user    
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 October 2004 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you guys aren't members yet, sign up on here, have a look around. Ask the gods, they shell tell you!!.

http://www.mr2oc.com/index.php?s=

ps. Donate to the gods insted of the nazi's!
MrJoo
Regular

May 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 October 2004 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow! there are some really nice Aw11's here!
Hope we could get together and go for a cruise one day Smiley =
anyway heres mine..

Name:
Jeff

AW11:
1989 JDM Gun Metal Grey SC with T Tops

Mods:
Completely Stock apart from an RPM HD clutch, and the crappy aftermarket 14" rims they came with from Japan.

Stereo:
Pioneer head unit
Infinity speakers
Bazooka sub
200w amp
Ill be finding out on Sat if the infinity 4" for the fronts will fit Smiley =

Heres a couple of pics I took with my phone..Ill take some later with a digi cam

http://img93.exs.cx/img93/1272/aw11copy.jpg
http://img93.exs.cx/img93/9492/aw112copy.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 14 October 2004 15:34]

old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 October 2004 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice car Mr Joo. the 4 inchs will fit in the front. But only 3.5's will fit up in the corner near headrest.

JBL makes 3.5's they are 100bucks though Surprised Well thats what I payed (ripped by strathfield)
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 October 2004 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Boston make 3 inchers too but they are expensive. have to admit, they were worth it though Very Happy
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 October 2004 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now im running with 6inch speakers custom fitted into the door. Clarion goodness.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 October 2004 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow, just noticed this thread.... my turn, my turn

Below is my fine little Aussie spec 89 NA.

Current mods (not much)
fully sick chopped springs (ta, previous owner)
16x7 F90 Simmons
Unknown LSD
Momo gearknob and wheel
Alpine indash stacker, dodgy amp, boston splits and alpine 4"s

To come in a few weeks Evil or Very Mad (it will happen this time)
gen2 3sgte (thanks clint)
97 LSD box (thanks 4dapigz)
TRD clutch and pressure (thanks scourt)
Tokico illuminas 5 ways (in transit)
Intrax super sport springs, 1.75" drop (in transit)
CT20B (thanks josh)
RX7 ca-ca-ca-cooler
Turbosmart in cabin boost controller (thanks acmtt)
ST185 twin piston calipers and rotors (thanks Monz)

And a bunch of other stuff to go along with it. I'll document the whole swap properly and put up a massive credits page for all the people that have helped make this possible (especially on a budget). Couldn't have started this adventure without you guys, or the help from the mr2oc boys for that matter.

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~wtf/mr2/IMGP0688_640x480.jpg

Clown wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 23:07

If you guys aren't members yet, sign up on here, have a look around. Ask the gods, they shell tell you!!.

http://www.mr2oc.com/index.php?s=

ps. Donate to the gods insted of the nazi's!

And to the clown, build a bridge and get over it. Actually, build a server and host it. I have gotten as much useful information from the toymods community for my 2 as I have from 'the gods'.
Toymods rocks my world!!!
Why don't you ask them to make you an Adelaide section Rolling Eyes

Cheers guys, great to see so many fantastic twos on here!
Dave

Edit: it's amazing how many typos you find even after you preview the message Smiley =

[Updated on: Fri, 15 October 2004 00:08]

Isometric_Bacon
Regular

May 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 October 2004 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img46.exs.cx/img46/1180/Cars007.jpg

Dad and my AW11's. More pictures and info in my sig.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 October 2004 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 22:58

Good luck man. its hard enuff to get two let alone one!

Although, having said that..... Rumour has it that the gt4 celica (not sure which year) has the same size drive shafts as our cars?

weather that helps or not is another question Rolling Eyes

either way, good luck man Smile

The GT4 outer CV's are the same, for the short side of the setup the whole GT4 axle will kind of work it is about 15mm longer than the AW11 shaft. The GT4 however does not have a long shaft because of the transfer case on the side of the gearbox, both of the shafts are the same length.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 October 2004 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 2vz-fe V6 89 model camry auto has very simular drive shafts........
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 October 2004 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey john, with the NA shifter cables for the SC box, can it be made to work?

I noticed that the gear stick hits the top of the hole. Can you just get a grinder on to it to make a little more room?

Will this work? Cause i'll be stuffed if im going to fork out big dollars just for two more cables and i dont really want to pull the car apart.....AGAIN!

Or anyone else that has come across the same problem and sorted it out?

Little help Confused
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 October 2004 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah there is a post in the parts wanted section about putting some weld of a metal triangle in to make it work... i wish i could sort out my problem......
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 October 2004 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i still use the 4age shifter cables with the E51 s/c box in the feral, true the stick is more forward in the console than it used to be but still works fine for me.

if you really worried about it, how about cutting the tab off the stick and re-welding it a little higher up or even makeing a little tab to bolt to the original tab and then bolt the cable to it higher up the stick.
positioning the cable higher up the stick would bring the stick back a bit into the hole wouldnt it?
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 October 2004 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good luck with the Mk1.5 dave. From what Ive read you will need it. It wont happen over night but it will happen...

*strokes hair*
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 16 October 2004 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, I think I'll definately need the luck.

But it's going to be a heap of fun even doing the swap, so I can't wait!
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 16 October 2004 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think i'll just grind a notch out where it hits in the plate. It couldnt sit "that" more forward! Rolling Eyes

thats cool. its all under control Very Happy i hate it when you people worry me like this for no reason!!! Laughing
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 16 October 2004 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My SPAX lowering springs arrived today. But they are at my local depot and im stuck at work!!!

I got them for 250 for the set thru icon suspension. They were last years stock. MMM cheap. This years stock is 495 for a set. BWAHAHAHA

http://www.padandwheels.com/mr2/suspension/spax/boxspax.gif

Heres what they look like on an '86
http://img101.exs.cx/img101/7338/spax.jpg

I cant wait they go on this week. I will remove the above pic and put mine there.

Embarassed I have some body roll that needs to be sorted out.

Thanks padandwheels.com...
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 October 2004 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
more mods for my car, best ones i've done so far
http://www.members.optushome.com.au/r32/Stuff/fone_cup_holder.JPG
a cupholder and foneholder. man i shouldve did this earlier so more convenient in the aw11. i used to just throw the fone in the ashtray and never had a place to put my drinks. only allow to buy screw cap bottles and chuck them in the glovebox
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 October 2004 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I envy your 100K on the clock dude! I bought mine a couple of years ago with 120 and I haven't been able to help myself putting another 50K+ on it.

Also, while we have a nice picture of a dash in front of us Smiley =...
The blank off button under the wipers, what option replaces that? I think it would be a cracker of a in-cabin boost controller switch.
I'm also thinking of sacrificing one of the nut coolers (how great are these in summer when you have shorts on!) for a boost gauge. Anyone had the dash out of their 2 that know of any gotchas, or anything to stop me doing this mod?

Edit: Just noticed your speedo, did they change to 240 km/h in later years (mines an 89)? Does that mean the later mr2s go faster Laughing

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~wtf/mr2/dash.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 17 October 2004 04:20]

mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 October 2004 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey there

that 100k is BS, the car interior is bloody worned when i got it indicating it has much more ks. steering wheel was falling apart. everything coming from japan has been clocked down man. theres a timing belt replacement sticker on my timing cover aswell so its well over 100ks, though i dont know how much.

im not sure on that button, it could be o/d for autos, or fuel selector switch or maybe for NOS hehe

u wont be able to see the guage if you put it in place of the nut cooler. i tried everywhere and only place i can c it is in stereo dash area. if you look carefully in mine u can see some dodgy cabling there and to left most is where i have cable tied my cheapy $60 guage. i guess u can alway stick it in the a-pillar or near clock but that too high up might get defected

[Updated on: Sun, 17 October 2004 04:06]

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 October 2004 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can see my the air vents through the steering wheel quite easily. The only probs would be if I was mid-corner, one of the steering wheel centre bits would be in the way. I figure, I'm not going to be looking at my boost mid corner anyways Smiley =.

I just figured out why you'd have a limit of 180, SC = JDM = 180 limit, I'm retarded.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 October 2004 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys check out my post/whine on MR2OC heres the link and tell me what your thoughts are.

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?s=&threadi d=61143

ill post a pic of my dash when i get home.

mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 October 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

just figured out why you'd have a limit of 180, SC = JDM = 180 limit, I'm retarded.

hahah,
but you got to remember needles doesnt just stop there
on few occasions its gone midway between the 180 and KM/H sign Very Happy

i never look at my boost guage, too dangerous while driving. its only there for testing and diagnosing purpose. for eg upping boost, etc...
i didnt even buy it, friend gave it to me and after keep hearing him whinging y i never installed it (too lazy)i finally got my ass up and did it in an hr, thats y its all bodgy with cable tie and all. pretty cool guage though can choose lights up in 6 different nice colours. its no frills but quite accurate, reading 9psi at high revs
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 October 2004 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I ran a test earlier this year. Sitting on a highway a mate was following this bmw so decided to catch up. Left in 5th and my mate was suprised (hell i was aswell) at how quickly and easy it got off the clock from 110. Id be interested to see how quick mine really does go, i know for sure its been over 200, how much further then that i don't know.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 October 2004 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHA
I ran this 'test' last week on the freeway. Shit was going past so fast I could have sworn I was in a tie fighter low flying thru the forests of endor.

Mines on got 90 000 klms on it. JDM.
Timing belt change at 82 000.

Motor is in A1 condition. Shame the body isnt Sad
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 October 2004 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love how stable the 2 feels at speeds approaching 200, not that I've ever done that speed Rolling Eyes. Got to love non-rice spoilers!

I do doubt my mr2 would ever hit 240 km/h though, it's a pretty optimistic max speed on the speedo. Maybe down a steep hill with a tail wind Smiley =, also maybe with a 3sgte Very Happy
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 18 October 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was planning on putting my boost guage on the inside of the headlight pokey out bit, you can see it fine through the steering wheel (non standard) and still see all the other guages (have only test fitted it, havent got off my ass to connect it up Rolling Eyes )
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 18 October 2004 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Fri, 15 October 2004 10:03

And to the clown, build a bridge and get over it. Actually, build a server and host it. I have gotten as much useful information from the toymods community for my 2 as I have from 'the gods'.

errr... what the... Confused

agreed there is good info about mr2's on both forums. but you will find a lot more info on the mr2oc forum, as there are heaps more owners from all over the place.
but as far as i am concered, neither site has mr2 god's. Razz

we are all created equal... Very Happy
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 18 October 2004 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Mon, 18 October 2004 13:48

davedave wrote on Fri, 15 October 2004 10:03

errr... what the... Confused

agreed there is good info about mr2's on both forums. but you will find a lot more info on the mr2oc forum, as there are heaps more owners from all over the place.
but as far as i am concered, neither site has mr2 god's. Razz

we are all created equal... Very Happy

I don't know if you understood my comment, so I have bolded the important bits. Very Happy

In my personal experience (something you cannot argue), I have gotten as much useful information for my mr2 here, as I have there. This is probably due to the fact that I have asked questions on both and used both as a reference.

Agreed though, there is far more mr2 owners on that board than here. Hell, there's probably more mr2 owners on that board than we have registered users Razz
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 18 October 2004 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.kirupa.com/forums/smileys_files/cheers.gif
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 18 October 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Davedave: read my "location" it says Ballarat, VIC......... not ballarat, S.A Rolling Eyes
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 18 October 2004 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, I must have been distracted by the fantastic breasts in your avatar Very Happy
The point remains the same though
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 18 October 2004 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
play nice you two...
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 19 October 2004 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hee hee hee... Evil or Very Mad
around Easter 2004, around Dubbo!?!?!
Well past 180 and still 2k to go on the tacho! And that was with about 6kg of splattered bugs on the front of my car! Laughing

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~hashiriya/images/speedo.jpg

My SC at Easter! - Note Bugs!!!
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~hashiriya/images/bugs1.jpg

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~hashiriya/images/bugs2.jpg

My NA!
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~hashiriya/images/redna.jpg
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 19 October 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha.. cool. when i bought the feral in 95 i was working in Darwin, open speed limit, YAY!!!!
the fastest it would do with the 4age was 205 kmp/h and the only mod it had was a different muffler and a finer filter pod. once it got to 205 it would slowly ease back to 200 kmp/h and sit on it for as long as i was game.

then with the 4agze and now the 4agte it will shoot up to 195 kmp/h and then the stupid 4agze ECU will cut me off.. Mad
(damn i really gotta pull that instrument cluster apart).
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 19 October 2004 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmm looking at all these nice mr2s. maybe i should get another. how to they handle compared to the 90+model.

was looking at some s/c aw11 while ago but for a few grand more you can get the later shape.

anyone know where to get one cheap?
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 20 October 2004 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The AW11 handles a lot better than the ealry SW20's. It weighs about 200KG less for starters.

The AW11 is a bit less likely to snap oversteer than the early SW20 and no where near as boring as the late model SW20 wich was setup to understeer a lot. The AW11 is a far more involving drive than an SW20 the SW feels like a cruiser and the AW a sportster in comparison.

The SW is an eminantly more modern looking car though wich is really the only advantage I can see for it, other than buying a cheap 1989 turbo import.

You should have spoke up I would have given you a drive of mine before I put the 3S in. It's a bit of a redundant comparison now though my car feels hugely different than it did with the 4A. It's got so much more torque, it makes it a far more relaxed drive when you want it to be and also rather rapid when you want it to be. Mine also handles far better than it did before the conversion, I think this is more to do with moving the weight of the battery right out the front and getting rid of some weight so I kept fairly close to original weight with better balance.
Adsport
Regular

December 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 20 October 2004 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, this thread was mentioned on another and i thought i would stand up and announce my ugly mug.

Adam

'86 SC T-Top

pretty much standard as far as im concerned but has a GTiR cooler, ae92 s/c, pod filter in the boot, short shifter, TRD 4 way struts converted to coilover,SAFC-II, sportline steering wheel and some 15x7 rims i grabbed off my honduh. also has one of those 'tight as hell' LSD's.

the only one ive ever seen close to mine is the one in the first page, as mine had no side skirts on arrival.

I imported it myself from JP at the beginning of the year,it had the short shifter, suspensionand steering wheel already. cost me $4800 purchase price including buyers fees, shipping etc. on arrival it had 76 000km with logs in japanese.

car pulls pretty hard, the cooler was the best thing ive done so far it brought the car alive as far as im concerned...

http://www.members.westnet.com.au/adsport/mr2pic7.jpg

Ive taken it down the drags here in Perth and did a 15.00 pass i cant remember what my terminal was.

the picture here is an old one, with the ride height before coilover conversion, front is now about 60mm lower.

http://www.members.westnet.com.au/adsport/mr2pic5.jpg

ive had it on the dyno, engine lid up and AFR running like p00 made a decent figure. ive tuned the SAFC-II since and it feels heaps better, and for some reason uses a lot less fuel ! haha

http://www.members.westnet.com.au/adsport/dirty11dyno.jpg

Currently gathering the parts needed for GTE conversion, including making manifolds which im happy to knock up for anyone.

pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 21 October 2004 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much are you selling the manifolds for? just out of interest
Adsport
Regular

December 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 21 October 2004 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im trying to do a more reasonable price than anyone else, and ive already sold a couple at $600

example :

http://www.members.westnet.com.au/adsport/aw11maniv2.jpg

trained eyes will note that its an almost direct replica of the long gone HKS manifold from their 80's kit. i happened to come across a car crawford manifold which i made a jig from, and had a few clearance issues (and a few other problems) on a test car so the positions were slightly changed and it fits sweet now and allows a/c to stay installed. I use seamless steam pipe straight sections and bends, flanges are 10mm thick.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 22 October 2004 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.clarion.com.au/Car/products/images/DB346MP_01.jpg
MP3 Phatness

check out what I just got. Only $218 at a big sale a Newcastle Pro sound. RRP is $350+

I'll install it tomorrow. Will go beautifully with my Clarion 6 inch speakers and my clarion 10 inch woofer. W00t
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 22 October 2004 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got a clarion mp3 deck too... where is your sub? i need some bass to go with my bostons!
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 22 October 2004 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine sits behind the passenger seat. 1 x 10inch is plenty of base for our small cabin.
iandawsonwa
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 22 October 2004 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Fellow AW11ers

Name:
Ian

AW11:
1988 auto SC with mirred T Tops and White over sliver 2 tone piant and a spoiler with a led light

Mods:
17 inch shadow crome wheels

Stereo:
VDO Head Unit
JBL 3.5 inch speakers
Pianeer 6 inch speakers

Futur Mods:
Shift Kit
auto trany work
lower rear springs
extators
exhust
body kit

Problem i need help with:
Auto trany keeps skipping out of O/D does eny one there have this
problem and fixed it or iam i the only fool who bout an auto 2
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 22 October 2004 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey ian
got any pics of the beast? There is another Auto AW11 on here his nick is pulcino. Its a 4AGTE. He may be able to help you with your'e overdrive problem.
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 22 October 2004 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul (pjaw11sc): coming to Mallala on the 12th with the MR2SA club? Smile
iandawsonwa
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 23 October 2004 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Sun, 17 October 2004 13:47

Also, while we have a nice picture of a dash in front of us Smiley =...
The blank off button under the wipers, what option replaces that? I think it would be a cracker of a in-cabin boost controller switch.
I'm also thinking of sacrificing one of the nut coolers (how great are these in summer when you have shorts on!) for a boost gauge. Anyone had the dash out of their 2 that know of any gotchas, or anything to stop me doing this mod?

The blank botton is for selecting power and manual modes on the auto trans so i dont see any problem useing it as a boost controller on a manual model
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 23 October 2004 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just gave the mr2 a bit of a squirt. 4am in the morning hammering through a yuppy part of town. Damn she was loud tonight. Crackles/pops/flames. Wonder how many people i woke up. Laughing
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 23 October 2004 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How do you get flames. I want flames!
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 23 October 2004 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im gathering it was the way it was tuned or something.
I gunned it through a tunnel tonight. Damn it was loud. All you could hear was zorst and supercharger. Wound it out shifted into second. Mate in passanger seat was looking beheind and saw a massive flash as i shifted Laughing . Went back later to get footage but couldnt' do it Crying or Very Sad
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 23 October 2004 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have big pulley and about to fit extractors and 2.5 zorst. I am hoping for flames. I am expecting loud pops and farts. Evil or Very Mad Im going to try some super103 octane boost too.

My neighbiur has THE loudest harley ever and revs it right near my bedroom wall and Im a shift worker. 0530 starts will be fun with the new mods Laughing

[Updated on: Sat, 23 October 2004 19:15]

pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 25 October 2004 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to get flames you just need some extra fuel (adding an aftermarket exhaust should do it) and no cat converter. flames a plenty. Evil or Very Mad

Hey Danish, im not sure if im gonna go or not, im still deciding cos ill probably have to get a new set of brakes to thrash out and a new set of tyres, which i cannot really afford. But i just got a job at JJ's so mods to the 2 are on there way Very Happy (finally)
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 25 October 2004 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice one, there will always be a next time anyway!
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 25 October 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill probably still go to watch, if its a club event
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 25 October 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's not a club event, club events are twice the cost Sad
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 25 October 2004 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is anyone else bar me sick of their dizzy pissing out oil ?

want to organise a group buy on these centre seal replacement kits.

they also have replacement seals for T-Tops and what not.

anyone interested ? save me just shipping 2 for myself.

http://www.kbox.ca/page3.html

Quote:

KIT#12311973 - $14.99 US Funds

1984-89 Toyota MR2 SC & N/A
Distributor Repair Kit

1 - External O-ring P/N 96711-35030
1 - Internal shaft oil seal
1 - Cap to Distributor O-ring
1 - Replacement shaft pin
1 - O-ring for green electrical plug

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 25 October 2004 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i bought one of those about 2-3 weeks ago, my dizzy was pissing out oil and it was leaking down onto my turbo. The kbox seal kit fixed it no problem! and it got to my house in like a week. www.twosrus.com has heaps of mk1 shit. I just ordered a shift kit #3, 1993 shifter, and short shift. I will have a Jon.O kit for sale when it arrives that fits any mk1! Evil or Very Mad
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 25 October 2004 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cough Shocked

[Updated on: Mon, 25 October 2004 09:48]

old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 25 October 2004 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im going to try some silicone spray on them first, I have read from a few sources that this rejuvinates the seals.

[Updated on: Sun, 07 November 2004 04:01]

mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 25 October 2004 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
whered u get $180 from? man if it was that cheap to fix my leak i do it for sure. is that rubber that goes on the t roof and also rubber that goes on the car aswell. i'd always thought they cost at least $500 for a set of rubber
Pages (84): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 09:54:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.022355079650879 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.