Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 28 February 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm black roof..... dunno

something differant, and I think it looks cool, origianlly I was also going to go a black bonnet, very drit style Laughing Rolling Eyes
  Send a private message to this user    
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 28 February 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Feral man, should start a new thread for MR2 Roadtrip!
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 28 February 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wiso,that car is looking great,it has come a long way since you bought it and personally i think red and black is a pretty bomb proof combination.

Can hardly wait for my feral visit in a few days,will be fascinating to see the feral mr2 in the flesh and meet the man behind the machine.

Regards Superaw11.

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 28 February 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
like the paint job wiso ive been wanting to paint my car with a black roof for ages and now i know what it would actually look like however i will be painting mine white with a black roof. I like having a low bling bling coloured car it dosent attract the boys in blue much.

I will never own a yellow car again
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 28 February 2005 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would love to paint mine matt black, with some nice dished black wheels, with a polished metal lip. Maybe oneday...
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 28 February 2005 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking great Wiso, you've done an awesome job on your car. I remember seeing the pics a while ago, thinking that you had a big job ahead of you. But you've definitely pulled it off, nice one bruvva!!!
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 28 February 2005 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown, you think i should?
i got this thread happening on the mr2oc, http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=72795
spose it wouldnt hurt to start a fresh one here. Smile

superaw11, yes man thursday i'll be in the coffs area. i'll call you either tonight or wednesday.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 February 2005 23:17]

duongy
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 01 March 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys, does anyone know if all the JDM AW11 (both NA and SC) came with central locking)

i need a new door lock mechanism for the MR2, and have found a wrecker in sydney selling a door, but i need to know if it has central locking or not.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 01 March 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought they all had central locking.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 01 March 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my JDM 87 doesnt have keyless entry. But it does have that switch near the window controls that locks/unlocks the car.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 01 March 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea, should lock and unlock with your key too, central locking.
i put keyless in cause i'm lazy. Embarassed
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 01 March 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont think mine has central locking with key or pressing it locked. only alarm and that button.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 01 March 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the alarm guyz used my door lock button to hook it up to the alarm so that i had central locking otherwise it was like 250 for the central locking kit
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 01 March 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the aw11 central locking has negative triggers that can be found behind the pass kick panel, the -neg central locking output from an alarm will work the factory gear with no need for aftermarket acuvators.
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 02 March 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 23:26

the aw11 central locking has negative triggers that can be found behind the pass kick panel, the -neg central locking output from an alarm will work the factory gear with no need for aftermarket acuvators.

Yep,I had an immobiliser/alarm fitted which was linked up to the actuators for keyless remote central locking/security system activation,works sweet.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 02 March 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dammit strathfield car audio couldnt work that out and so I only got alarm/immobiliser. No keyless entry. They wanted to sell me the motors.

shoudl I go back and say the motors are actually in there? and get keyless fitted?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 02 March 2005 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, after calling 15 jap wreckers I believe that LSD and NON LSD drive shafts are indeed different. The drivers side NON lsd shaft is actually shorter than the LSD shaft. Good thing to know before yours fuck up like mine.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 02 March 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
superaw11 wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 15:43

feral4mr2 wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 23:26

Yep,I had an immobiliser/alarm fitted which was linked up to the actuators for keyless remote central locking/security system activation,works sweet.

My alarm opens and closes my door locks and puts my windows up.

My alarm on my bike starts it with no keys.

Cool

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 02 March 2005 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 18:40

Dammit strathfield car audio couldnt work that out and so I only got alarm/immobiliser. No keyless entry. They wanted to sell me the motors.

shoudl I go back and say the motors are actually in there? and get keyless fitted?

i wouldnt let them work on the car again

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 02 March 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 18:48

well, after calling 15 jap wreckers I believe that LSD and NON LSD drive shafts are indeed different. The drivers side NON lsd shaft is actually shorter than the LSD shaft. Good thing to know before yours fuck up like mine.

good point i guess i was lucky that i had lsd boxes both times

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 02 March 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 22:02

Two words.......HALF CUT Very Happy sooooo much easier!
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 02 March 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha... unless someone got a halfcut that had the wrong shafts. then you would be confused.

I blame the wrecker for selling me a LSD box for 300.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 02 March 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 22:08

4agte wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 22:02

Two words.......HALF CUT Very Happy sooooo much easier!

i did the first time

[Updated on: Wed, 02 March 2005 11:42]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 02 March 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 22:27

haha... unless someone got a halfcut that had the wrong shafts. then you would be confused.

I blame the wrecker for selling me a LSD box for 300.

which wrecker?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 02 March 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jap connection.
They didnt know it was LSD, he was saying it was non lsd, but it IS lsd. i hate to think what the price would of been if he knew it was!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 02 March 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got mine cheap supposedly for 500 bucks lsd pitty i wasnt there to buy the twin plate that came off it. The guy at SSS said to my mate "today only price of $300 bucks on monday it goes on sale for $1000"
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 02 March 2005 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Since feral will be in Newcastle on Friday, there will be drinks at my place friday afternoon/night. PM for details
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 02 March 2005 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and bbq if there are enough ppl. else pub.
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 March 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A guy from Meridian Motorsport in Victoria is selling a set of SC LSD Driveshafts for $400. (Hee hee... mine cost 1100yen/$15 from Japan yahoo auctions... but $220 to send)
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 March 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Surprised

[Updated on: Thu, 03 March 2005 06:42]

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 March 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 17:05

i would pay 300 max.

TIGHT ASS Laughing Laughing Laughing
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 March 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Confused

[Updated on: Thu, 03 March 2005 06:43]

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 March 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Imagine what they would cost brand new....!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 March 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive got crunches on 2nd and 3rd and sometimes 5th gear in my new(second hand new) lsd gearbox so the other day i put in some of that nulon gearbox additive shit it comes in a white squeeze tube thingy. I have only been driving it for about half a week since maybee 200km and allready its made a huge difference. For staters i can geardown into second and there is no cruch at all now on third.

All for the pricley sum of $24.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 March 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmn i wouldnt be putting that in my gearbox. What oil you running?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 March 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
castrol safx 80w-140 i thinks

wy wouldnt you put it in your gearbox is it too good for you Laughing
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 March 2005 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 18:27

why wouldnt you put it in your gearbox is it too good for you Laughing

No, thats not it. He's just to tight to pay for it!

No seriously though, it's just not 'GHETTO' enough to be in the spank mobile. Max $10 a pop on anything thats in that car Laughing Laughing Laughing
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 March 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmn because its basically not designed to be with your oil, it will work for a while but probably wear out after a while. its just graphite or some such crap to stop the crunches. i mean if it works, its allright but. Oh and fat is one of those guys who spends thousands on his car and it still doesnt run hahaha, GHETTO POWAHS
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 March 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That may be true, but i got a dyno shett that says my car has more POAWH than yours Cool
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 March 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont you watch intial D? underpowered cars are faster!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 March 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 18:44

hmmn because its basically not designed to be with your oil, it will work for a while but probably wear out after a while. its just graphite or some such crap to stop the crunches. i mean if it works, its allright but. Oh and fat is one of those guys who spends thousands on his car and it still doesnt run hahaha, GHETTO POWAHS

it works and its designed to work with lsd's (it specifically says so on the bottle) so one would assume that if you have an lsd you would be using lsd specific oil in your box and that the nulon stuff would be designed to work with lsd oils.

Worked well in my mates rx-7 and its still going strong
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 March 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, so nulon know exactly what quantity of every chemical thats in your oil and account for every brand? Basically if you get the right oil you should not need additives.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 March 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It works and the lsd works so who gives a rats y get so technical for just because it too pricey for the spank Very Happy

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 March 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 19:55

It works and the lsd works so who gives a rats y get so technical for just because it too pricey for the spank Very Happy

WORD!!!! Laughing

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 March 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ok, ill just put my $10 redline oil away then Razz
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 March 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Must have been some quality oil if YOU spent $10 spanktown.

Or should i say 'TIGHTTOWN' Laughing
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 March 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha.... Rolling Eyes
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 03 March 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 18:40

Yep,you have every right to go back and politely explain that the car has remote capable actuators fitted and that you were expecting the trained expert installers employed by strathfield to know this and would very much like them to finnish the job.
Of course if this approach does not work you should take a few burley mates in and smash the place up, Evil or Very Mad or perhaps not.
Laughing
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 04 March 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
took the aw11 off to get the side intrusion bars put in today. was its first real drive since getting it. goes pretty nice. gets up and goes quickly which is nice. the gearbox is pretty stiff i think ill try out some new oil else it will be new synco time with the rest of you Razz

just spoke to feral he's in newcastle *looking at the local wildlife* since he was at the beach i assume he's perving Razz
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 04 March 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 13:54

just spoke to feral he's in newcastle *looking at the local wildlife* since he was at the beach i assume he's perving Razz

yumm.. and what awesome wildlife there was too. Shocked
medlock
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 04 March 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey has anyone had probs with the clutch clevis (connects the top of the clutch pedal to the clutch push rod which come throught the firewall)

mine fell apart last week and i bodged it but my clutch pedal sits about 2-3" further back that it should, so im after a new one if anyone has one of knows or one?? i dont what to pay $130 from toyota tho!!!

dan
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 04 March 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd say get it from toyota. Better to have a good one and get it fixed right so there will be no future problems. For the sake of $130 i would prefer to have a new one. Thats just me though.....

As for your signature, wouldnt it be better to bring a spanner instead of a hammer? Rolling Eyes

Just a thought Laughing
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 04 March 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My clutch is funny too. The pushrod goes into some weird looking thing that bends when the pushrod goes in. Everytime I push the clutch in the damn thing clicks.
I have NFI why they put this stupid contraption on the clutch pushrod. But if it costs $130 thats fucking extortion. I've taken the thing out and just thought "What the fuck is this?" Tried oiling it and put the sucker back in. Worked for about 2 minutes...

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 04 March 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha my clutch started to click when i depress it sometimes just the otherday.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 04 March 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inside or outside spank?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 04 March 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think its outside. Probably the throwout bearing or some such other junk to do with the clutch. I shall sort it out later, BUT i do need to adjust clutch freeplay.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 05 March 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 18:13

i think its outside. Probably the throwout bearing or some such other junk to do with the clutch. I shall sort it out later, BUT i do need to adjust clutch freeplay.

Thats easy(ish) 12mm open spanner. Loosen the locking nut and then turn the pushrod in or out and then relock the nut. Top freeplay should be around 5-15mm according to HAYNES...
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 05 March 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its got about an inch.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 05 March 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is your actual clutch adjustment good? Because there is also a little bolt that you can adjust to stop the pedal coming up to far. So its just the freeplay you are messing with instead of the pushrod and clutch actuation....
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 05 March 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
i think it needs adjustment, clutch needs to come out a bit earlier.
Pages (84): [ «  <  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:49:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.028970003128052 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.