Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 30 March 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHA! ITS BACK PEOPLE!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I got my car back today! Oh how sweet it was to drive it home after so long.

So.......whos up for a cruise this weekend? LOL!
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 30 March 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

HAHA! ITS BACK PEOPLE!!!!!!

I CALLED SHOTGUN FIRST!!!

[Updated on: Wed, 30 March 2005 07:25]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 30 March 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Wed, 30 March 2005 16:17

davedave wrote on Wed, 30 March 2005 15:29

4agte wrote on Wed, 30 March 2005 08:27

fat where did you go to get this done i was contemplating this?

I was going to go this route
http://www.mr2sc.com/websites/tech/SolidMounts1.ht m
but the 3sgte ones I'm using are well beefy.

I just filled my front and rear mounts with sikaflex, it's the urethane used for gluing in windscreens. This stiffened them right up for the huge price of about 10 bucks.

Mind you be careful of the mounting points on the body when you stiffen the mounts. It takes a toll on the body. My front mounting location on the body broke around one of the captive nuts after ~5000Km's.

my captive nut on the rear body broke with the standard mount.

guess they arent that strong from the factory.
The job the mechanic did to fix it looks awesome
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 30 March 2005 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Wed, 30 March 2005 15:49

twos r us parts are closer Razz they are in the country so we should see them soon.

Quote:

Your item arrived in AUSTRALIA at 11:21 am on March 30, 2005. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Here is what happened earlier:
INTO FOREIGN CUSTOMS, AUSTRALIA, March 30, 2005, 11:21 am
INTERNATIONAL DISPATCH, KENNEDY AMC, March 26, 2005, 12:47 pm
ENROUTE, March 26, 2005, 10:51 am, JAMAICA, NY 11499
ACCEPTANCE, March 25, 2005, 3:30 pm, EBENSBURG, PA 15931

Yes!!! I cant wait to put in the bush kit and take her for a spin. I have the weekend off hopefully we will get the gear by friday
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 30 March 2005 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Wed, 30 March 2005 16:17

I just filled my front and rear mounts with sikaflex, it's the urethane used for gluing in windscreens. This stiffened them right up for the huge price of about 10 bucks.

yep, thats what i used too. Sikaflex 252 i think i used.

fat, damn if only you got it a week earlier. Sad hahaa
go out and flog it man, burn rubber!!! Evil or Very Mad
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 30 March 2005 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte,

So is that the resolution of your engine mount problem ?

How is everything going along for your trip ?
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 30 March 2005 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fat,

Glad to hear its back Cool , i am up for a cruise, what day and where ?
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 30 March 2005 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte,

So is that the resolution of your engine mount problem ?

How is everything going along for your trip ?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 30 March 2005 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the resolution is i havent fixed it yet im still trying to find the spare mount that i have failing that ill buy a new one and might fill it with urethane.

The trips looking good ive booke 4 nights in tokyo 1 night in hiroshima one ningt in tsubuka and a night in osaka atm.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 30 March 2005 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Thu, 31 March 2005 04:30

toof wrote on Wed, 30 March 2005 15:49

twos r us parts are closer Razz they are in the country so we should see them soon.

Quote:

Your item arrived in AUSTRALIA at 11:21 am on March 30, 2005. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Here is what happened earlier:
INTO FOREIGN CUSTOMS, AUSTRALIA, March 30, 2005, 11:21 am
INTERNATIONAL DISPATCH, KENNEDY AMC, March 26, 2005, 12:47 pm
ENROUTE, March 26, 2005, 10:51 am, JAMAICA, NY 11499
ACCEPTANCE, March 25, 2005, 3:30 pm, EBENSBURG, PA 15931

Yes!!! I cant wait to put in the bush kit and take her for a spin. I have the weekend off hopefully we will get the gear by friday

we should have it by then. i havent got the details on me atm but yesterday a few hours after i posted that up it was scanned as cleared customs so with a bit of luck it may be waiting for me at work today Smile
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 31 March 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guess what just arrived infront of me.... ill open her up at lunch Smile
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 31 March 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, im glad to see she made it to and from work today Very Happy

One problem i did find is that my water pump for my intercooler has shit itself Sad But thats cool, i rang pwr and they are going to send me a brand new bosh item that pumps 25L per minute as apposed to my 19L per minute davis craig one i had now. seems that the davis craig ones have been stuffing up a bit!
They said it would be here tomorrow so im all good. Just have to drive her easy till then.

I just love the sound my car makes Very Happy Even if it is a little on the loud side....

Thanks John, i wish it was her when you came too man!

Scott, as long as i can get the water pump fixed in time than i would love to catch up some time this weekend.

Keep you all posted

Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 31 March 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Thu, 31 March 2005 16:42

Well, im glad to see she made it to and from work today Very Happy

One problem i did find is that my water pump for my intercooler has shit itself Sad But thats cool, i rang pwr and they are going to send me a brand new bosh item that pumps 25L per minute as apposed to my 19L per minute davis craig one i had now. seems that the davis craig ones have been stuffing up a bit!
They said it would be here tomorrow so im all good. Just have to drive her easy till then.

I just love the sound my car makes Very Happy Even if it is a little on the loud side....

Thanks John, i wish it was her when you came too man!

Scott, as long as i can get the water pump fixed in time than i would love to catch up some time this weekend.

Keep you all posted

I'll come too Very Happy
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 31 March 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me three
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 31 March 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked what has been happening with the Davies Craig pumps? thats what i use with my w2a i/c set-up, the Davies Craig booster pump.
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 31 March 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Thu, 31 March 2005 19:58

Shocked what has been happening with the Davies Craig pumps? thats what i use with my w2a i/c set-up, the Davies Craig booster pump.

Yours must be an exception John,considering the flogging you must have given your car over the last couple of weeks.
How good is it being back at work mate Laughing shock to the system i bet Shocked .

Cheers.

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 31 March 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my cars booked in to get dynoed in two weeks time Very Happy

Thats when the action happens!

WOOHOO! 200 here we come!!!!!!!

I hope im not dissapointed Rolling Eyes
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 31 March 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want the dyno run filmed. Smile

Neil, yes mate the feral did cop a flogging. (Scott in SA seen the best one Shocked ), work was so much the same crap as when i left it was only like i had the w/end off. Sad

[Updated on: Thu, 31 March 2005 12:49]

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 31 March 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Thu, 31 March 2005 22:44

That, i might be able to do Very Happy
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 31 March 2005 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Thu, 31 March 2005 23:15

feral4mr2 wrote on Thu, 31 March 2005 22:44

That, i might be able to do Very Happy

excellent (burns style)

Hey fat you syd guys should plan a little Newcastle trip. Beer and BBQ at my house!!! I want to feel the power!!!!

Let me know if you are ever coming up to newcastle
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 01 April 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep,

count me in for that one as well !! Twisted Evil

Maybe we should make some bets on how much power it will make Laughing

Any one want to get the ball rolling ?

I would be in a trip to Newcastle for a BBQ etc any other Sydney residents interested in a cruise to Newcastle then ?

I am happy to promote the same in Sydney if any of you Newcastle residents are interested in a cruise to Sydney.

Also has anyone had probs with the speedo ? mine just stopped !! Crying or Very Sad

Its not all bad as i can drive as fast as i like and not put any ks on the car Very Happy

When i was driving there was a whirring noise in the centre tunnel that got really noisey before it stopped then was quiet again and the speedo dropped to zero. Traced the cable last night right to the front of the car just near the hand brake cable but it dissapears from there !

I have the owners manual but no luck there. Has anyone replaced the cable or have any ideas ? i want to get this fixed before i take it out on the track next.

Thanks
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 01 April 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Old, man I will be heading up that way again once I get this supercharger gear on the 2, I was up there a while back (in nelsons bay) if you remember, this time I think I will have to organise it with you a bit earlier and meet up, hit some cruises in newy and show up the commo boys.

Hey scott, sorry man can't offer any sugestions on the cable, is it one piece or more? does anybody know. Dude just wondering was the speedo often bouncing a little before it stopped? and sometimes struggled to move, like froze for a sec?

[Updated on: Fri, 01 April 2005 04:39]

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 01 April 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lets cruise up to newcastle in about 3 weeks. Because ill be toting hopefully around 180rwkws..
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 01 April 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Fri, 01 April 2005 13:51

yep,

count me in for that one as well !! Twisted Evil

Maybe we should make some bets on how much power it will make Laughing

Any one want to get the ball rolling ?

I would be in a trip to Newcastle for a BBQ etc any other Sydney residents interested in a cruise to Newcastle then ?

I am happy to promote the same in Sydney if any of you Newcastle residents are interested in a cruise to Sydney.

Also has anyone had probs with the speedo ? mine just stopped !! Crying or Very Sad

Its not all bad as i can drive as fast as i like and not put any ks on the car Very Happy

When i was driving there was a whirring noise in the centre tunnel that got really noisey before it stopped then was quiet again and the speedo dropped to zero. Traced the cable last night right to the front of the car just near the hand brake cable but it dissapears from there !

I have the owners manual but no luck there. Has anyone replaced the cable or have any ideas ? i want to get this fixed before i take it out on the track next.

Thanks

Id say that the cable has snapped. They are so long that if they don't have enough lubrication they can very easily break. Does it make any scratching noises when you are moving (try rolling down a small hill with the engine off).

As for fats power output. Im betting on 199.9rwkw Twisted Evil
HAHA
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 01 April 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon, should get about 212.7kw
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 01 April 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who did i see in a dark blue mr2 near chinatown about a month ago? and give the thumbs up to?

looked like spanktown but im not sure
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 01 April 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im betting fat's mr2 will make 177.9 kw atw Laughing

nahh i reckon 221rwkw

[Updated on: Fri, 01 April 2005 09:01]

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 01 April 2005 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HA HA!

Seeing you are all guessing i'll give it a go.....

I will be happy to see exactly 200rwkw as this was the goal i wanted to achieve, but i think it could be around about........210.4rwkw??? Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Looks like my water pipes are blocked? have to flush the system out. Not too sure a Newcastle trip is on the cards for me this weekend. Im basically driving with no intercooler at the moment......Not Good!

Oh yeah, thanks for the support guys!!!

I hope i do the aw11 crowd proud when my baby hits the dyno Very Happy
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 02 April 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YEE HA!

Problem solved Very Happy My car is running perfectly now.

If you guys are free im good to get together now Very Happy

4AGTE: you glasses are still here man. Dont forget. Otherwise im selling them to vinnies Laughing

Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 02 April 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah how does a cruise up the putty road sound for tomorrow(sunday)????
It is a bit of a trip to get there but it is a bit better than the old pac ( due to not being resurfaced with shithouse bitumen No No No )
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 02 April 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can you guys pick a day when im not working? like next sunday? means we can bring 2 two's
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 02 April 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well ill ride shotgun in fats car because mine will be off the road!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 02 April 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Sat, 02 April 2005 10:21

YEE HA!

Problem solved Very Happy My car is running perfectly now.

If you guys are free im good to get together now Very Happy

4AGTE: you glasses are still here man. Dont forget. Otherwise im selling them to vinnies Laughing

man ill have to buy them back for like $2
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 02 April 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miss MR2 wrote on Sat, 02 April 2005 12:39

can you guys pick a day when im not working? like next sunday? means we can bring 2 two's

Sounds good to me. And i guess i can make some room in my car for you nerd Rolling Eyes

Laughing

Well, how bout we organise for next week to meet at mine and we can go from here up to newie.......

Let me know what you think
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 02 April 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll give you $4 for them.... Very Happy

man my 4agte is wierd, just did a comp test on it and got 170psi on all cylinders. Shocked when i tested it in Esperance WA the other week it had 150psi (2 different guages though).
a few of you seen the plugs i pulled out when i changed them in Esperance, they looked very light grey (looked a little lean even). well now the new ones are buring black. just seems wierd to get some oil coming out the catch can filter/breather with good compression. Confused

oh well, as long as it runs i'll just keep putting oil in it when it needs it and drive it hard. Evil or Very Mad
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 02 April 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you looked to be spitting a lot of oil from your catch can when you were here. if your getting decent compression ~150-170 then i imagine it wouldnt be stuffed rings,

if the catch can actually filling up or is it just spitting alot of oily vapour out of it ?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 02 April 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
those plugs did look like they had been running a bit hot.

[Updated on: Sat, 02 April 2005 07:40]

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 02 April 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
by the way 4agte, that was me in the yellow lotus.. you kinda gave me a wierd look like Whose that fag! Rolling Eyes
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 02 April 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is only a slight bit of oil mixed with water when i drain the catch can, deffinatly not filling up with oil. when the sun is behind me and i look into the engine bay while driving i can see fumes that would be coming from the catch can breather.
most of the fumes/oil vapour look to be coming from the exhaust side cam cover pipe.

as i said above though, it still goes hard so i'll just keep on driving it. Smile

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 03 April 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thought you guys might enjoy this Smile

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mr2 &r=f

Number two is good..... Laughing
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 03 April 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

That be the spinny thing in yo muffler that whistles like "woo woo" and gives you ride the boost.

lol . fantastic Smile
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 03 April 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice site, did another search and I think this quote sums that site up nicely

Quote:

Damn! I shoold pay moor atenshun in skool so I coold lurn to spel goodur.

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 03 April 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Sat, 02 April 2005 17:49

by the way 4agte, that was me in the yellow lotus.. you kinda gave me a wierd look like Whose that fag! Rolling Eyes

l0l sorry didnt know it was you couldnt make out who the person in the car was. nice car love lotuses were you driving?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 03 April 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah my mate. Breaking in the freshly rebuilt motor haha... quads, big cams etc etc. goes nuts. something like 220hp
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 03 April 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Sat, 02 April 2005 17:49

you kinda gave me a wierd look like Whose that fag! Rolling Eyes

i would of done the same... Twisted Evil
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 03 April 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin,

Thanks for the feedback on the speedo but unfortunately after pulling half the car apart the cable is fine and the speedo also looks fine so i am stuffed if i know what the noise was before the speedo stopped !! The only thing i can think of is that the output from the gearbox is not working, will check it tonight.

Doods,

I am keen to go for a spin but i dont want to go too far without any instruments in the SC Laughing Othewise i can take the NA, you may have to wait for me Very Happy

OK i am betting 202 kW. I am going to be racing at Wakefield on the 14th so who is taking responsibilty for doing a video of the dyno run ? any takers in my absence. I have seen 202 kW at the wheels from an MR-2 before it was about 6 years ago at SSS with the MR-2 club, and it sounded WICKED Evil or Very Mad
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 03 April 2005 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Mon, 04 April 2005 08:49

I am keen to go for a spin but i dont want to go too far without any instruments in the SC Laughing Othewise i can take the NA, you may have to wait for me Very Happy

dont worry, mine's only na too Crying or Very Sad
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 03 April 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

dont worry, mine's only na Crying or Very Sad
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 04 April 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This might come in handy for the speedo problems http://stephenmason.com/cars/mr2speedo.html.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 04 April 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Josh,

Thanks for the link, i have had a quick scan it looks similar to the AW11, with some good tips, i will sus it out tonight.

Where did you get this link from ? have you used it before ?

It appears to be a very user freindly recourse.

Regards,

Scott
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 04 April 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Fat,

I had a look at that urban dictionary.

What was that i was saying only a couple of days ago about SW 20s being hairdressers cars Laughing

So where are we going and what day are we going and who is going ? Seems like we have some willing participants but a lack of organisation, who can put this puzzle together.

How about the weekend of the 23-24 April, meet somewhare central say Auburn Macas and go from there, if there is more interest from people from Newcastle then how about somewhere further north, post some suggestions
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 04 April 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got this wierd cooling problem.. anyone else ever found this..

ive recelty changed the coolant, new thermostat and new radiator cap.

the car is running at normal temp ok but seems to be loosing coolant. there are no leaks and it dosent seem like a head gasket as it is running perfectly. ive done the BHG before and always it ran like shit esp on start up as there was water in the cylinders.

it looks like it is loosing coolant though the overflow bottle. it seems to be heating up sitting some coolant into the bottle but then never sucking it back. the system dosent seem to be under much pressure either as after driving the hose with the filler feels like its got no pressure in it, if i open the cap just after driving there is no pressure and no water visible in the hose. i top it up and it only takes say 200-300ml.. im pretty sure it is loosing the coolant from the bottle as if i stop facing uphill then it spills out and i can see it steaming as the bottle spills and pours everywhere...

ive replaced the radiator cap thinking it was that but it seems not... btw genuine coolant, thermo and cap have all been used...
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 04 April 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and there dosent seem to be any oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil, hence i doubt BHG.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 04 April 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh you probably haven't bleed the system as you've replaced the coolant, its just air pockets in the system.

at the front on the top of the radiator (left side) there is a little bleeder valve, and another near the heater valve behind the spare wheel, and the other above the thermostat.

when refilling the coolant you should get 3 lengths of clear hose to fit these (they originally came with the car) put the hoses on the bleeders and hang the top onto the bonnet then open the valves, coolant should go into these a little but as you fill it the air escapes through the hoses, when done close them off and remove carefully (not to spill any coolant)
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 04 April 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i beld the system when i filled it... using the original hoses as supplied Razz ill give it another bleed and see if more air comes out,

the overflow bottlew is filling up though. as in its filling to capacity then spilling.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 04 April 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I assume it was not doing this before you changes the radiator cap etc.

I have never had this with an AW11 but on another car that had a blown head gasket, but everything else you suggested seems to indicate its not that.

I would put back the old cap and maybe the t/stat and see how it goes, why did you change them anyway ??

It seems very strange it wont pressurise, be sure that all the air is bled out of the system, i think there are some bleeders at the front, just remember there is a heap of cooling water in these things !!. Alos try starting it from cold with the cap of and start filling see how the waterlevel goes with that.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 04 April 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i changed them in this order...

new coolant (imported with filthy looking green stuff in it)

ran fine for a few days then stopped warming up properly. it would only get to about half of normal operating temperature. so i figured thermo stuck open, change in coolant additives can often kill thermos (went from dodgy green to toyota red, with a decent flush out in between)

so i replaced the thermo, bled the system again, filled it back up, it now gets to normal operating temperature (its never overheated on me) but just dosent get pressure.

when it wasnt getting pressure i figured change the cap if nothing else its the first thing to change in that situation, but with the new cap ive had no change...
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 04 April 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I blew the head gasket on my 4A it had none of the normal indicators other than boiling and pumping the water out of the overflow bottle.

I even had to take it to the mechanic I was using at the time twice before he believed it was a head gasket.

My advice would be to get the coolant tested for combustion gasses.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 04 April 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill check it out but i doubt it,, only as i can physcially see the overflow tank getting filled, then as i stop on a hill it leaks out. ill try giving it another bleed tonight and see what happens.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 04 April 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

OK i am betting 202 kW.

Come on man, Is that all.....?

Laughing Laughing

Pages (84): [ «  <  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:02:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.021272897720337 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.