Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 04 May 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 04 May 2005 12:56

fatmr2 wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 17:40

4agte wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 16:52

fatmr2 wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 16:46

Thats a fairly big call from someone with a gze. Care to back it up Cool

Sounds like a challenge Very Happy
Give me a few months and ill have the goods Evil or Very Mad

Buying that turbo has started something that is going to cost me an arm and a leg i dont see my bank balance being quite the same for some time Sad

Whenever your ready........

How much power do you think you will have?

Maybee not quite as much as you but my quick sums say the turbo is good for 200kw atw but could only be good for 180 atw. If im a bit down on power ill just by a nos kit Evil or Very Mad

Its all good man. Who cares, as long as its quicker than it is now Smile
I contemplated a NOS kit......Couldnt be bothered. Plus i dont have much room left anywhere to put the bottle Laughing

Im getting my new rear springs tomorrow so my car wont look like its dragging the ass end anymore Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 04 May 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Wed, 04 May 2005 16:22

Its all good man. Who cares, as long as its quicker than it is now Smile

thats the dream

yeah i think 8cm is too little clearance i have 11cm and that seems too little.
mighty_boy
Regular

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 04 May 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah had to replace the tie rod on the rear... looks like those ones in that yahoo auction,

took the car for a drive and since replacing the azenis with non semi slick compound ive lost a lot of confidence! the car actually handles 50/50 compared to the severe understeer i learnt to control... not that im complaining cause id much rather have the setup ive got now, just means i gotta be a bit more careful Rolling Eyes
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 04 May 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just keep ya foot burried!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 04 May 2005 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 04 May 2005 22:49

just keep ya foot burried!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

i concur, flat stick all the way!!
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check out my avatar, i should of kept those rims..... Crying or Very Sad
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dood,

What rims do you have now ?

What were the ones on the avatar its a bit hard to tell ?

Why do you miss them ?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
17" Lightwieght enkei white 6 spoke

ive now got 15" lightwieght 5 spoke.

they looked good!
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry man i dont get it, i think i need another coffee !

The wheels on the avatar are 5 spoke and silver so i assume they are the new 15 inch ones ?

What did you do with the 17s and how was the car with them and what tyres did you have on them ??

By the way if you are running 15s i have a spare set of 205 50 15 Dunlop Formulas looking for a home since i put race tyres on my 15 inch rims. They are great tyres 2 are 95 % (basically brand new the other 2 are only a couple of mil from the indicators but still grip well.

By the way what colour is yor car, its difficult to tell from the avatar ?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, i think you need to either a) refresh the page a couple of times b) clear the cache in your web browser. It should be a new avatar with the old wheels on it i took from my mobile phone. Im going to get some falken azenis st215 rubber on all my 15" in a couple of months. I changed from the 17" because i felt they were too big, a bit heavy and didnt really suit the car IE 15 being optimum for looks vs drivability.

oh and its dark blue.

[Updated on: Thu, 05 May 2005 05:10]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 14:49

Sorry man i dont get it, i think i need another coffee !

The wheels on the avatar are 5 spoke and silver so i assume they are the new 15 inch ones ?

What did you do with the 17s and how was the car with them and what tyres did you have on them ??

By the way if you are running 15s i have a spare set of 205 50 15 Dunlop Formulas looking for a home since i put race tyres on my 15 inch rims. They are great tyres 2 are 95 % (basically brand new the other 2 are only a couple of mil from the indicators but still grip well.

By the way what colour is yor car, its difficult to tell from the avatar ?

hey im after some 15s how much you want for em
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep that made all the difference now its all clear !!

Are you sure you dont want to try the Dunlops??

I have had a set of Falken Azinis and i did not like them at all infact i have two of them in the roof that are brand new if anyone wants them ? i was going to use them as burn out tyres or for drifting but they are without wheels at the moment so unless someone has a couple of spare wheels they two are up for adoption.

i still cant tell the colour of your car, it looks to dark for gun metal but not black, is it a custom colour ?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 15:28

Yep that made all the difference now its all clear !!

Are you sure you dont want to try the Dunlops??

I have had a set of Falken Azinis and i did not like them at all infact i have two of them in the roof that are brand new if anyone wants them ? i was going to use them as burn out tyres or for drifting but they are without wheels at the moment so unless someone has a couple of spare wheels they two are up for adoption.

i still cant tell the colour of your car, it looks to dark for gun metal but not black, is it a custom colour ?

hey gunmetal read your pm`s and the colour of his car is midnight blue
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what falken azenis have you got? 205/50/15? are they the st215 or the cheaper one? I had the 215 on my turbo ae86, they were awesome tyres.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not sure, they came on the car but they were brand new the guy showed me the reciept they were $150 each for 205 45 16.

So probably the cheaper ones i will check the exact model number when i next get in the roof Laughing Laughing

I agree with your previous comments about a light set of 15s seem to work best, 16 may be marginal with 205 45 or 225 40 rear, but 17s with 215 40 just tramlines too much for my liking, but as usual its personal choice.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i guess its a case of wether you want looks or performance for me 16`s would be the absolute limit but i think 15`s will do especially if the tyres are cheaper
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fat i was thinking about fuel options for the mr2 with the new turbo.

What setup are you using?

I was looking at the 7mgte fuel pump which i have priced new at $870 but i think for that much i could buy a holley pump or similar for about 350-400 use the n/a pump as a feeder to the boot where i would run a surge tank and the holley pump and run lines back into the engine bay.

What is eveyones thoughts on this kind of setup?

I think using a aftermarket fuel pump with a surge tank is more ideal than a 7mgte fuel pump.

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha stuff the 7mgte and the surge tank... The mr2 tank is well baffled and a good shape so its not going to surge unless you are running near empty and boot it hardcore. Buy a walbro aftermarket intake fuel pump. Its what ive done oh and it only costs around 200....

[Updated on: Thu, 05 May 2005 07:55]

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof = PISSED OFF...

just want to vent...

to top off a shitty day at work today i just smashed my knee into the door frame hard enough that i collapsed back and couldnt move my knee. after getting over the inital agony i have looked and ive broken the timber in the door jam. *sigh*

oh and

MY KNEE HURTS !!!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 17:55

haha stuff the 7mgte and the surge tank... The mr2 tank is well baffled and a good shape so its not going to surge unless you are running near empty and boot it hardcore. Buy a walbro aftermarket intake fuel pump. Its what ive done oh and it only costs around 200....

hrrmm i think a surge tank couldnt hurt and it will hold an extra ltr which isnt a bad thing
i also do alot of circuit racing and wouldnt want my motor to go pop

[Updated on: Thu, 05 May 2005 08:14]

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Surge tank????

Stuff that. I bought a 400hp fuel pump (intank) and thats all i use. Cost me $180 Very Happy

Pulling the tank out of an aw11 is a pain in the ass though. Lucky my engine was out when i did it!

Got my new rear springs today Very Happy Sits the way it should now.
Now all i have to do is fix the boost leaks and the clutch and im good to go people Surprised
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof No No No

instead of trying to bash up a door frame when your pissed off, just find some lowlife in Newy, they are probably alot more fun to bash around, and will hurt a lot less.

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 18:13

Surge tank????

Stuff that. I bought a 400hp fuel pump (intank) and thats all i use. Cost me $180 Very Happy

Pulling the tank out of an aw11 is a pain in the ass though. Lucky my engine was out when i did it!

Got my new rear springs today Very Happy Sits the way it should now.
Now all i have to do is fix the boost leaks and the clutch and im good to go people Surprised

in tank huh what brand and where from?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no one ever listens to me...
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well heres hoping but tomorrow, I am going to try and start my MR2 with the new SC gear on it.

Finished off the last of the stuff today, just gotta change the oil, refill the coolant, put the battery in and crank her.
God I hope she cranks! Confused

Ohh yeah i have to ask guys, what kinda oil do you use in the supercharger? I really don't wanna buy that expensive toyota stuff
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 18:17

sorry you did say a walbro intank fuel pump

its just that you dont speak loud enuf Laughing

or maybee its that i just dont read everything properly
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 18:17

So true Laughing

As for my pump, you cant get them that cheap, i got mine mates rates. From what i remember its a walborough *spelling* one.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

some people use mobile1 synthetic. Its only like 25 dollars or something, its not really exspensive. You could buy some ford or holden supercharger oil also, which would be cheaper.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
wiso wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 18:19

well heres hoping but tomorrow, I am going to try and start my MR2 with the new SC gear on it.

Finished off the last of the stuff today, just gotta change the oil, refill the coolant, put the battery in and crank her.
God I hope she cranks! Confused

Ohh yeah i have to ask guys, what kinda oil do you use in the supercharger? I really don't wanna buy that expensive toyota stuff

i use fuchs 0W-20 oil in mine costs 20 bucks for a ltr
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

its walbro.... i allready said that, its the 255l/h one i believe.

a guy is selling them in forsale

Walbro 255lph Internal fuel pumps - $170
Walbro 265lph External fuel pumps - $195

[Updated on: Thu, 05 May 2005 08:22]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds good ill check em out
cheers spanktown btw hows your new turbo going???
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 18:25

sounds good ill check em out
cheers spanktown btw hows your new turbo going???

Yeah, hows the spank mobile????
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in pieces.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dosent sound healthy whats the timeline on it being up and running?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
should be on the rollers next saturday.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 18:33

Rolling up 206rwkw......... Rolling Eyes
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha nah 205.9....... Very Happy
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Funnily enough, i would piss myself laughing if it did Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 18:33

good good so it will be up and running for when i come back from japan so you can take me for a spin Very Happy
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i can take you for a spin, but i wont be able to afford some AZENIS before i go on my trip... so it will probably just wheel spin like a mofo.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 18:44

yeah i can take you for a spin, but i wont be able to afford some AZENIS before i go on my trip... so it will probably just wheel spin like a mofo.

sounds like fun Evil or Very Mad

whats injectors are you using 13b 550cc ?
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

It wont spin that much. My tyres arent that good and it hold alright till 5-6k
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 18:56

It wont spin that much. My tyres arent that good and it hold alright till 5-6k

your tyres looked to be better than spanktows if they are the same ones as he had on there last time i saw the car
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah current tyres are woeful shithouse and crap rolled into 1. Running reco'd 440cc 7mgte ones.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 18:21

some people use mobile1 synthetic. Its only like 25 dollars or something, its not really exspensive. You could buy some ford or holden supercharger oil also, which would be cheaper.

Do you mean the Mobil Synthetic 10W-40 motor oil? cause I use that in my engine, does it cause any problems using that in the SC? or is it better to go for something like 4agte suggested?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whichever, i have not run mobile 1 in mine before, i only use that toyota red stuff. But if the fuchs works in 4agte, mosewell get it. but is yours empty? cause they dont use very much.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah mine is completely empty, someone told me to use a synthetic Auto trans fluid, dunno about that though
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i heard this works from what i understand any good synthetic oil will work
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 19:02

yeah current tyres are woeful shithouse and crap rolled into 1. Running reco'd 440cc 7mgte ones.

how much power would these be good for 280kw or so?

how much did they cost you to get recoed?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh ok, well I guess for the moment then I will just use the leftover mobil Synth, whatever won't fit in the engine Wink

Won't have the clutch connected atm so It will be just like an NA, I have run out of money for the water injection setup, so boost will have to wait
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 19:07

Spanktown wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 18:21

Do you mean the Mobil Synthetic 10W-40 motor oil? cause I use that in my engine, does it cause any problems using that in the SC? or is it better to go for something like 4agte suggested?

I think i used Syntrax... may be it's Castrol's fully Synth Gear oil.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cant you afford an intercooler? you could modify a 1ggte intercooler they are like 100 buks
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get a cooler and low mount it near the gearbox should work quite nicely... should be able to rig up a 1g or a even the standard gze cooler pretty eaisly.
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im using same oil in my gearbox and s/c - castrol syntrax
but i think my s/c rooted. when i first bought it i never checked oil level, drove it few month then when i checked there was not a drop in it. filled it up thinking it was ok then few months later checked it again and was empty again. now i monitor it often and seem to lose about 30-50ml every 2-3 weeks
funny s/c has run dry for so long and still going, oh well they cheap second hand anyway. but think thats y i only getting 10-11psi with my nevo instead of 13-14psi
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 19:47

get a cooler and low mount it near the gearbox should work quite nicely... should be able to rig up a 1g or a even the standard gze cooler pretty eaisly.

agreed alot better than water injection as it doesnt need to be filled up all the time.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and the nice thing abaout a/a intercooling is its inherent simplicity.. as long as it gets air it works... where the water injection runs the risk of failing and cooking your engine.. either though no water and detonating or though too much water and hydro lock. id go for the simple cooler option.. even if it means getting the cooler working with a smaller stockish cooler and then moving to a larger unit down the track.. just make your piping suitable to fit the larger unit youve chosen..
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im putting a gtr intercooler in my boot Evil or Very Mad
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I got an intercooler, and yes it is low mounted infront of the gearbox this is it here http://img103.echo.cx/img103/2167/im0010492dk.jpg

yeah a cooler is good down there, but i have a 9.4:1 compression ratio, what do you guys have? 8.0:1

I need to supress the detonation, thats what the water injection is for
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the topic of the Walbro pumps, if you don't need it straight away you can buy them from the US for $99US.

However I'd much rather see people support our sponsors and get it from John at Importbitz.

I've got the high pressure version of the Walbro in mine. It's not the quitest thing known to man but it should do the job for 400 horses at the wheels.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
toof wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 19:47

PRETTY EASY.... dude it is frigging hard man, there is crap all room down there, the cooler fits there fine, its just trying to get the piping to it through that mess of water hoses, fuel lines, shifter cables. etc

toof do you have any other sugestions on how to stop detonation when running about 7psi (thats all it will run cause the crank pulley is smaller than that on the normal gze) on that kinda compression?

maybe even feral might have a good idea?
Pages (84): [ «  <  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:46:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.022946119308472 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.