Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 03 June 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Starfire wrote on Fri, 03 June 2005 11:33

Sell the NA and buy yourself an SC... If you shop around you can get them for a reasonable price and there are many differences between the NA and SC models (most of them cosmetic).

I know a lot of guys on this forum have conversions and I will be the first to point out that I have never seen any of their cars IRL, I have never seen an SC conversion that was done properly.

There are usually problems with engine mount height and angle (the engine mounts are different between the models), the intercooler location and mounting, the battery mounting, engine lid (either SC lid or NA) and general tidyness issues.

I agree with the first piont it will definitely be easier to just purchase a SC ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT !!

BUT

Sorry but i am going to have to disagree about the conversions that have not been done properly. I will be the first to admit i have seen some seriously dodgy conversions seen some horrifying examples, but on the other hand i have seen some extreemly good ones !!

I dont want to boast but i think mine is very good and everyone that has seen it seems to think so, so dont let that put you off

I think it really comes down to if you want the highs and lows that come with every engine conversion or the ease of just getting one, that may not be allthat easy either as there are some very crap JDM out there, just hunt around and see what you can find.

Send me a PM with your number would be happy to talk it through with you as i went through the same process.
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 03 June 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Starfire wrote on Fri, 03 June 2005 11:33

Sell the NA and buy yourself an SC... If you shop around you can get them for a reasonable price and there are many differences between the NA and SC models (most of them cosmetic).

I know a lot of guys on this forum have conversions and I will be the first to point out that I have never seen any of their cars IRL, I have never seen an SC conversion that was done properly.

There are usually problems with engine mount height and angle (the engine mounts are different between the models), the intercooler location and mounting, the battery mounting, engine lid (either SC lid or NA) and general tidyness issues.

there are no differences between the engine mounts only the gearbox mount but that can be easily fixed the battery needs to mounted further forward but can be fixed by mounting the battery in the boot or frunk which is neater anyways you can get away with using the s/c gearbox mount as it does not create any issues however you may want to redrill the mounting hole to position it better the s/c lid will come with a half cut however you will need to move the engine latch as it will foul on the i/c i am getting arround this by mounting the i/c in the boot but you can cut and weld one off the half cut.

There are pleanty of s/c conversions done properly and are very neat i have seen many that are neater and better functioning that the standard setup so dont let people tell you that its not as good but ultimatley an import s/c will work out cheaper
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 03 June 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds good toof, maybe put them on an angle on the bonnet, or have them go across the bonnet, headlight edge Laughing I'd be interested, I need to bring out the ricer in me Laughing

Umm well my tacho works now, the car was idleing at 2000rpm, I adjusted the screw right down, and now it idles at 1200rpm, still a little high, but my old na used to idle at 1000rpm as well its a bit better, must be something else doing it, could the the TPS, but I have no clue about adjusting that cause that could throw the whole timing out right?
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 03 June 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr trim wrote on Fri, 03 June 2005 08:21

i want GZE power because 14 seconds 1/4 pass is as fast as i want my car that drives me to work everyday to go. Sure i'll get used to the power and want something quicker, but i think anything going quicker than 14's and i have a much easier chance of putting it into a tree.

My car was my everyday car that took me to work and i thought it could have done with a little more power.... Rolling Eyes

With GZE i can have enough power to get around quickly, but not enough so i can't stop at 120 before hitting a cliff or something Very Happy

With the standard brakes my car stopped in time. Well, i wouldnt have wanted to do it more than 2-3 times in a row Laughing

I bought the NA knowing i'd want something faster soon enough, but i wanted to get used to the mr2 without really any power so i couldn't do something stupid..

That i agree with, the mr2 in NA form has absolutly NO, and i mean NO power at all so you are quite safe there!

it's just my way of living till im 80 Smile

so is it sell and buy an sc, or sc my na?
$$ being the thing to save.

80, she'll be right man Smile If your car is really clean then i say keep it. If you are worried about the engine mounts i will sell you mine so you can bolt a gze straight into your car with no probs.
dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 03 June 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i think that the way to go for less heartache is to sell mine and get an sc.

for selling purposes, is it worth retrimming my car in leather (being a motor trimmer by trade) to raise the sale price. or do ppl buying mr2's not want leather seats etc?

some times it's worth it, other time's it's not.

btw my car is stock as a rock.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 03 June 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if the interior is in good nic now then i wouldnt bother. it the interior is shagged then possibly a nice cloth retrim but not leather.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 03 June 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if its gonna cost you nothing in materials then y not an impressive interior can only make your car work more $$$ just dont do it any garish colours and dont retrim the seats just do the doors and gear boot thats my opinion something suttle.
dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 03 June 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everythings in good nick. like the seats aren't worn, the steering wheels good, the console n dash is good, the carpets good, the boots carpet is good. sall good Cool

how much am i looking to get for this? 164,000 straight red 5 spd NA with no mods.
i know when ppl say "how much is my car worth" and it's always hard to tell, but i mean round about price? Embarassed
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 03 June 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id say around 7k give or take.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 03 June 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id say 7k but advertise it for 7 1/5 so you have some fat in the deal if it is mint and low kays you can command a higher price thats how i bought mine its not so mint now mainly thanks to me but had full toyota service logs and working air con and a straight body
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 03 June 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOOHOOHOO YEAH BABY!

its a nice cold night here and i just went to the shops for tea, thought what the hell, i connected the sc cluch Very Happy

and DAMN so much pull, only took her to about 4500 max, so was probably only just getting full boost, but OMG the early onset of torque Evil or Very Mad I LOVE IT

I have only given it like quater throttle max, but OMG.

I sooo can't wait to get a new knock sensor Laughing Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Fri, 03 June 2005 10:23]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 03 June 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh yeah, I went and checked out toyota today and had a look at a 7mgte knock sensor, its pretty close, the tread size is the same, just the plug is grey and square instead of round. So I dunno, its a pretty big gamble at $170

Maybe I'll just order the one from Japan and drive carefully until then.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 03 June 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah they do have big pull from down low i guess the higher comp must increase that torque makes it all worth while once you feel the powah Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 03 June 2005 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah all you guys saying SC's aren't fast enough, crap, they are pretty cool Laughing

I have left it connected all night and she loves it, although still haven't gone very hard. I may have found my knock sensor, a mate no longer needs his cause he's got a Haltech on it now, so hes gonna pull his off for me Very Happy one problem cured

the other problem of idling high has also been sloved, it looks like my thermostat is stuffed, either that or the temp sensor is faulty. all signs point to it, the car is idling high, the heater doesn't work, the temp guage is reading really low, the thermo fans aren't going on.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 03 June 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like a thermostat to me

the s/c's are fast for a while until you get beaten at the lights by a stock 200sx and the bug bites
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 03 June 2005 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah we'll have to see about that one, mine tips the weighbride at 1090kg a good 30kg lighter than the stock SC, but with me in it well Rolling Eyes you decide Laughing

as you said I should have a much nicer torque curve than the normal SC aswell, once she is running sweet will have to get her dyno'd
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 03 June 2005 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im predicting 85kw atw but im drunk so anything i say now i cant be held accountable for
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 03 June 2005 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Fri, 03 June 2005 20:15

WOOHOOHOO YEAH BABY!

its a nice cold night here and i just went to the shops for tea, thought what the hell, i connected the sc cluch Very Happy

and DAMN so much pull, only took her to about 4500 max, so was probably only just getting full boost, but OMG the early onset of torque Evil or Very Mad I LOVE IT

thats good to hear man, yeah its been cold lately in syd aswell im seeing 12psi on my guage at end of third gear more often

unfortunately you'll get used to the power pretty quick trust me. i was never impressed with my s/c power, it doesnt throw you in the seat type power, feels like any other 1.8-2.0 na car. and my car doesnt really kick in til about 4000rpm

my car makes 86kw@9psi and 94kw@12psi. very interested to see how your hicomp s/c in an na body goes

btw did you hear the intake go off at speeds over 60km/h. i've never heard of this noise before i jumped in a s/c aw11, mines heaps loud because pod is in the boot
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 04 June 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm na did't really hear the intake at all, it sounds so differant now, it used to make a real scream like a high pitch whine like a fez, but now is has a roar and rumble to it
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 04 June 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the supercharger has a howl instead of being throaty
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 04 June 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Fri, 03 June 2005 20:15

WOOHOOHOO YEAH BABY!

Wiso,

I have been waiting in anticipation of your first post with the SC hooked up, glad it is going well and yes cant wait to see the dyno figures Very Happy

The 1090 kg was that with you in it ???? if so thats pretty good....how much do you weigh ?

I weighed my NA and got the weight distribution as well and it was 1045kg with no occupants and 1/2 a tank of petrol, maybe my NA needs to go on a diet Laughing Laughing .

Has anyone else weighed theirs ??
dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 04 June 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1100kg clean.

mine's just big boned Shocked Smile
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 04 June 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah thats not with me in it, I add about an extra 100kg Sad if that was me in it, I would haveto weigh about 10kgs or less Laughing no I am not belimic or anorexic...

I wieghed my NA ages ago it was 1050kg, so not much has changed, it must be all that Bog making up the weight Laughing
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 04 June 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine weighed in at 1100kg even, with about 30L of fuel in it. dont have the distribution. only the total.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 04 June 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your SC toof? yeah but hasn't yours gone to jenny craig over in Japan? no sound deadening, etc.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 04 June 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anyone here removed the lower ball joint from the front control arm???????

Mine is being an absolute pita to remove ive got a ball joint puller and still no luck used a hammer no luck grrrrr.......

there must be an easir way that what im trying?????

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 04 June 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok found the problem

make mental note to self: never listen to repco storman again

turns out i need a two-jaw puller which is what i thought i needed in the first place hrrmmm...... what a waste of $30

[Updated on: Sat, 04 June 2005 06:19]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 04 June 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've done all 4 of my ball joints, bought myself a tool from work (exactly like the one in the top left of this pic) that made removeing them extremely easy.
http://www.mytoolstore.com/astro/7838.jpg

there is no way i see that a half-cut gze conversion would cost more once in and running than buying a s/c model (if thats what your saying up there ^^ 4agte??) on top of the $3300 i paid for my half-cut i would of only spent approx $200 in a few small things i got (like hose clamps, hose braid kit, <- hehe).
the only thing that didnt make mine look like a factory job was the old na engine lid catch mount.
the rear engine mount is different between the 4age and 4agze.

i dunno, i still prefer a tin top to the t-top s/c model. Smile
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 04 June 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOOOOOPS http://img179.echo.cx/img179/7033/p60400287nb.jpg
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 04 June 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso: yeah the cabin sound proofing is done, but other then that eveyrthing else seems complete. all air con, heating, interior etc.

feral: see you need one like mine, hard top and factory SC.

clown: ok what did you do..... / get done for.. ?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 04 June 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well it looks like the thermostat was the prob of it running high, it idles nicley now, even had to adjust the screw back to were it was previously.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 04 June 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Sat, 04 June 2005 16:59

i've done all 4 of my ball joints, bought myself a tool from work (exactly like the one in the top left of this pic) that made removeing them extremely easy.
http://www.mytoolstore.com/astro/7838.jpg

there is no way i see that a half-cut gze conversion would cost more once in and running than buying a s/c model (if thats what your saying up there ^^ 4agte??) on top of the $3300 i paid for my half-cut i would of only spent approx $200 in a few small things i got (like hose clamps, hose braid kit, <- hehe).
the only thing that didnt make mine look like a factory job was the old na engine lid catch mount.
the rear engine mount is different between the 4age and 4agze.

i dunno, i still prefer a tin top to the t-top s/c model. Smile

thanks feral thats what i needed today ahh well might be able to find one tomorrow.

About the conversion it cost me about $4000 to do mainly because the clutch was gone and i replaced all the belts seals front main rear main etc new dizzy cap new oils and fluids.

I guess you could do it cheaper thats just how it worked out for me.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 04 June 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well go to R#$CO and get ripped off...... Laughing
shhh.. no business/oppistion slander round ere eh..... Rolling Eyes
yeah, you should be able to find one in one of the auto stores you migth frequent. Smile

man i need another cruise, getting itchy feet again. hope i win the 25 mill tonight. Razz

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 04 June 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Sat, 04 June 2005 17:06

WOOOOOPS http://img179.echo.cx/img179/7033/p60400287nb.jpg

Woooops,

I assuem this is a defect notice ??

What happened ?

Also did you have a look at the white 1.8 beast with the X ??

PS i live the yellow, its nearly as good as the GUN METAL Laughing
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 04 June 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man,

i really need to do something about my speeelin Embarassed

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 04 June 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well Scott you could always go back and do night schooling at TAFE Laughing Laughing Laughing
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 04 June 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wiso,

What are you doing at home ?

It should be way cold around your way tonight !

You should be burnin some rubber Evil or Very Mad

Then again......so should i, just that there is no where available Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 04 June 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am actually at UNI man.

I should be but my car is up on the stands again getting more work done, i put the new thermostat in it tonight, and while I was at it I decided to fix an oil leak I had, so I had to pull the sump off remove the sump gaskets and put selastic on it instead, and before it got dark I didn't get the last few things back on underneath and haven't yet filled the oil or coolant, but tomorrow there is heaps of time Very Happy
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 04 June 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got done for unroadworthy tyres. the cop was areally nice suprisingly. I got done in a known drag area so things coulda been worse.

yeah the "1.8" beast is currently sitting about 10m away from my yellow beast. *waves keys* haha
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 04 June 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Sat, 04 June 2005 21:56

Got done for unroadworthy tyres. the cop was areally nice suprisingly. I got done in a known drag area so things coulda been worse.

yeah the "1.8" beast is currently sitting about 10m away from my yellow beast. *waves keys* haha

My rear tires are slicks atm too. Very Happy

are you talking about the infamous 1.8L stroker aw11 (bullshit) that was for sale? Did you buy it? Please explain yourself clownman
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my gf/ex (not sure whats goin on) bought it. ITs currently sitting in my shed where mines usually parked. My mr2's parked where my subaru's usually parked. Gonna take it for a better drive today and pwehaps get some photo's.

Last night at my place there was
1 white daewoo
2 yellow toyota's (lux + mr2)
1 white mr2
1 white subaru
1 green subaru.

4 of the cars being mine and the misses's cars.

By the way anyone got s/c tailights forsale??
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone know where i can get a set of spyder rims for a reasonable price?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Starfire wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 12:27

anyone know where i can get a set of spyder rims for a reasonable price?

there are some that come up for sale on the mr2 club forums occasionally and i also saw some at pick n payless a while back they might still be there but your in adelaide so that dosent help
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Sat, 04 June 2005 19:15

well go to R#$CO and get ripped off...... Laughing
shhh.. no business/oppistion slander round ere eh..... Rolling Eyes
yeah, you should be able to find one in one of the auto stores you migth frequent. Smile

man i need another cruise, getting itchy feet again. hope i win the 25 mill tonight. Razz

hahhah yeah good luck with the 25 mill

im gonna take it back to repco and get my money back but im gonna take the control arm to my mechanic on monday to get him to fit it as i dont have the time now to do it myself Mad

yeah i dont really like repco that much i usually go to auto 1 in chastwood they are alot more help.

Hows the tubo conversion on the 4wd going???
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, the aw11 is pretty much all gone now Smile
Sold the whole front end today.

All thats left of the car is the suspension, wheels, tail lights, bumper, engine lid and ashtray Wink

If anyone wants these i will put them aside otherwise they will be left in the car when its taken away.

Most of the mechanicals are still up for grabs to.

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OUCH!!!

http://img260.echo.cx/img260/492/aniim0010698ie.jpg

umm what can I say. Woman pulled out directly infront of me, I was only about a car length from her when she accelerated out, at less then 10m even the awsome braking and handling of the AW11 isn't gonna save ya Crying or Very Sad
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All I can say now is... CHEERS

http://www.isonliveradio.com/graphics/BEER.JPG

this is actually the one year aniversary of my 2, it was this date (5th June) that I payed for her and first brought here home.

before
http://img135.echo.cx/img135/7505/aniim0007839xr.th.jpg

http://img135.echo.cx/img135/101/aniim0007901nr.th.jpg

now
http://img135.echo.cx/img135/5200/aniim0010608yb.th.jpg

http://img135.echo.cx/img135/1475/aniim0010618xj.th.jpg
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit man not cool Sad is she insured ?

gun_metal: congrats, our car is on the back cover of this months mr2 club mag Smile
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeahs shes insured and she was at fault, but i dunno if that will help, the high cost and rareity of AW11 parts, the fact is a second fix, chassis minorly twisted.

its not looking real good Sad
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys i wanna rebuild my gt4 calipers before i put them on my car.

I was gonna get a rebuild kit from toyota but was wondering if you can get aftermarket rebuild kits for them would anyone know???
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 17:32

All thats left of the car is the suspension, wheels, tail lights, bumper, engine lid and ashtray Wink

If anyone wants these i will put them aside otherwise they will be left in the car when its taken away.

told ya i'll take the ashtray off you today, ohwell im still interested if its available

i'll have alook at the brakes and suspension when you take it off
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 17:38

OUCH!!!

http://img260.echo.cx/img260/492/aniim0010698ie.jpg

umm what can I say. Woman pulled out directly infront of me, I was only about a car length from her when she accelerated out, at less then 10m even the awsome braking and handling of the AW11 isn't gonna save ya Crying or Very Sad

shit thats badluck man
just get her to give a few g fix it yourself
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have single pistons right ?

i know i couldnt find anything for my twin pistons eaisly. toyota wernt particulary helpful. when i eventually got a price from them they wanted likst $140 for the rebuild kit !!!
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 19:05

I was gonna get a rebuild kit from toyota but was wondering if you can get aftermarket rebuild kits for them would anyone know???

toyota would be heaps $$$
try your local repco, brake & clutch shop probably can get one from PBR or something
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 19:39

fatmr2 wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 17:32

told ya i'll take the ashtray off you today, ohwell im still interested if its available

i'll have alook at the brakes and suspension when you take it off

hey hey hey i called dibbs on the ash tray first
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 19:42

4agte wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 19:05

toyota would be heaps $$$
try your local repco, brake & clutch shop probably can get one from PBR or something

seems like the brake places are where to start..

thanx for all the help people
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fat: what ya want for the tail lights? misses is after a set.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh what rims/tyers and price too dude! Cool
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 21:00

Fat: what ya want for the tail lights? misses is after a set.

Which ones? JDM or ADM? Either way, $150

Wheels are just the standard ones with 205's on them. Dont know what tyres they are and nor do i care so dont ask. All i know is they held up ok in my car Very Happy
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
wiso, damn man. hard luck on that one Sad , right when fats just sold his front end too. hopefully it isnt too bad for a speedy repair.

on another note.... seeing Cakie is coming to the All Toyota Day show in Brissie next w/end (Sun 12th) with me, i thought i better get a little more done on his stereo to make it look a little more respectable. so i zipped into town this afternoon with some tools and got 2 bits of the perspexing nearly all done before i ran out of light.
at last that horny looking 12" sub is able to be seen. Evil or Very Mad
http://img299.echo.cx/img299/3875/perspexrhs19kj.th.jpghttp://img299.echo.cx/img299/3972/perspexlhs19lo.th.jpg

if i have time i'll get a peice on the small amp thats on the passengers side.
Pages (84): [ «  <  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 11:01:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.020514011383057 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.