Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that looks awesome feral top job on that one
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i knew i read about suspension settings for the aw11 somewhere and i stumbled on it again today

im guessing some of you would have allready read it but for those that havent here is the link.

http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20tech_pages/aw11 _mr2_tuning_guide.htm
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral I don't know about speedy fix, it is extremely hard to find AW11 noses, and you can't buy them new cause half of the parts at the front are no longer available from toyota. like bumper insulator, and a few other parts I found last time I was looking a year ago.

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrmmm.. time to start playing with fibreglass man. Wink
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 23:22

feral I don't know about speedy fix, it is extremely hard to find AW11 noses, and you can't buy them new cause half of the parts at the front are no longer available from toyota. like bumper insulator, and a few other parts I found last time I was looking a year ago.

have you thought about speaking to say sss automotive or just jap about getting a front cut?????

There was a guy in the for sale section wrecing a sc aw11 that had been rear ended i thinks from memory might wanna do a search on it
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 05 June 2005 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup found it and it was rear ended here is the link

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=61374&rid=7389&S=f6b97fda3c593ced8623528 c014cabf7&pl_view=&start=0#msg_565024

hope this helps
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 06 June 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but all his front end is already gone, been bought, man the front ends are few and far between, and when they are there they go quick.

I gave them a check this morning and none in stock or even in the next shipment, besides I am not alowd to fix it, it should be under her insurance.

I had a good look in the daylight today, the whole front end has shifted worse than it was before. its bent the chassis rails again, already been straightened once.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 06 June 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 10:25

man the front ends are few and far between, and when they are there they go quick.

Mine was sitting there for at least 3 weeks. I sold the whole front end of my car for next to nothing.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 06 June 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys just out of interst how much does it usually cost to buy a writen off car back from the insurer?

upon further inspection the chasis rail has been bent in the same place it was last time, but now has a tear in it.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 06 June 2005 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its all been hapning !!

Miss / Toof,

Put me down for a few of the Eagle Decals, how about "AW11 OWNERS" or something like that on it as well ? just a thought or how about a really big one in the middle of the rising sun logo, i could put it on the roof !!!!.

Clown,

So how does the new white beast go ?, how does it compare to your car ? I believe it has adjustable while line bars how does it handle ?. How many $$$$$ changed hands ?

Wiso,

Very dissapointed to see your car BENT Sad especially after all the work you put in. i hope they do a good job repairing it for you and you get it back ASAP.

Toof,

Thanks for noticing the car on the back of the MR-2 mag. We were just lined up before going onto the track at oran park.

Feral,

That Amp and Sub enclosure are HUUUUUGE, i have my amp in the NA car mounted in a similar location but they are not a big as those !! How much does it reduce the rear travel of the seats ? but more important how does it sound Evil or Very Mad

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 06 June 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummm i prefer the handling on mine then hers, her's tends to float a bit more. Took out the silencer yesterday and DAMN ITS LOUD!. s/c is playing up at the moment, gonna look into it. bodykits leb though, bits of the interiours the same. All will get fixed though she's got the money.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 06 June 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 17:04

ummm i prefer the handling on mine then hers, her's tends to float a bit more. Took out the silencer yesterday and DAMN ITS LOUD!. s/c is playing up at the moment, gonna look into it. bodykits leb though, bits of the interiours the same. All will get fixed though she's got the money.

how does it go tho can you dispel the 1.8ltr roumor yet???
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 06 June 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 10:25

yeah but all his front end is already gone, been bought, man the front ends are few and far between, and when they are there they go quick.

I gave them a check this morning and none in stock or even in the next shipment, besides I am not alowd to fix it, it should be under her insurance.

I had a good look in the daylight today, the whole front end has shifted worse than it was before. its bent the chassis rails again, already been straightened once.

there are a heap more importers arround it might be worth letting them write it off once you take all the trick gear off then buy an import s/c you can pick em up for 8k even import your own for cheaper i thinks alltho im sure toof can tell you how much it will cost.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 06 June 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Feral, Toof do you guys know if there is a steering knuckle spacer between the lower ball joint and the steering knuckle????

My Haynes manual says there is supposed to be one i vaguely remember putting one on the right side when i replaced that ball joint but the left hand side susspension hasnt got one and toyota say there is no such part.

They sent me a front susspension diogram which clearly dosent show a spacer i am confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 06 June 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was lookin through b's paperwork before, dyno sheet sitting infront of my stating 105RWKW at 9ish PSI.
theres also a weigh bridge cert saying 1120kg??

Had a look in the boot yesterday and theres a heap of extra goodies in there, stock pulleys, fuel filters etc. etc.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 06 June 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 17:51

Feral, Toof do you guys know if there is a steering knuckle spacer between the lower ball joint and the steering knuckle????

My Haynes manual says there is supposed to be one i vaguely remember putting one on the right side when i replaced that ball joint but the left hand side susspension hasnt got one and toyota say there is no such part.

They sent me a front susspension diogram which clearly dosent show a spacer i am confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

cant think for the life of me. ill have a look in the epc for you when i get home from uni tonight. see if the boys down at the parts dept are spinning shit.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 06 June 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i found this on racing strong

http://img105.echo.cx/img105/8034/front20suspension8am.th.gif

this is the one toyota sent me

and then this is the one in the haynes manual

http://img105.echo.cx/img105/987/frontsuspension23df.th.gif

someone has to be wrong and at the moment im thinking haynes or maybee there are suttle differences in the susspension between the years on the aw11
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 06 June 2005 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok this is going to wierd you out... erins car DID have that spacer... but only on the RHS. the left never had it.

i have removed it to make it even and the alignment is heaps better now.

there is probaly another diagram toyota havent given you.

umm guys anyone seen this
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=71063&start=0&rid=3115&S=174b00b7c22 f1fa6da2a0f725d7b2bbe

mmm sweet beams Evil or Very Mad
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 06 June 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that dosent weird me out cause thats exactly what has happened on my car hrrrm might fix my alignment problems i was really scared about not running the spacer but if toyota dosent stock the part then i guess it cant be bad???

OMFG checked out that post for a second there i thought he was offering 2500 for the whole car i was about to book a flight and call in sick for work then i read the post properly Embarassed Embarassed

Would make for a nice car but then again a 3sgte would be much better
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 06 June 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but the scream of a highly strung na engine has a feel that forced induction dosent. i imagine the 210hp tucked in your mr2 would make it shuffle along at a reasnable rate of knots.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 06 June 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte, out of my 4 ball joints i did, by memory there was 2 spacers somewhere (cant remember on which ones though) i put all the new ball joints in with-out any spacers.

Quote:

Feral,

That Amp and Sub enclosure are HUUUUUGE, i have my amp in the NA car mounted in a similar location but they are not a big as those !! How much does it reduce the rear travel of the seats ? but more important how does it sound Evil or Very Mad

the amp (massive bastard it is) enclosure behind the drivers seat takes up bugger all space, Cakie is a prity tall guy. if i sit in his car i actualy need to move the seat forward to push the clutch pedal all the way.

the sub/amp enclosure on the passengers side does take up more space than i would of liked. the sub enclosure would not of been that far out from the fire wall if i didnt want to expose the rear of the sub (which is the best side). there is a space behind the sub enclosure for the cone of the sub to fire/load up against and shoots out under the box with a slot port.
http://img139.echo.cx/img139/4720/feralcakiesubin13wf.th.jpghttp://img139.echo.cx/img139/336/feralcakiesubin21ub.th.jpg
overall the enclosure is kinda a little small for the sub, it's spose to be ~.9 cubic foot, i got it to about ~.6 cubic foot. i have the side enclosure packed with dacron which fools the sub into thinking it's in a larger enclosure.
http://img139.echo.cx/img139/4968/subbox14bx.th.jpg

the sub performs beautifully, deep, clear and punchy. Very Happy both Cakie and i are impressed with it.

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 06 June 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 20:12

ok this is going to wierd you out... erins car DID have that spacer... but only on the RHS. the left never had it.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=71063&start=0&rid=3115&S=174b00b7c22 f1fa6da2a0f725d7b2bbe

If i understand correctly this guy is going to do a 1MZ conversion, i think i may of read somewhere about a TRD supercharger as well !!

what sort of power and torque do these beams engines produce ?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 06 June 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
153kw at about 7600 and about 220nm
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 06 June 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gun Metal

torque isnt fantastic in a is200 but in a aw11 i think it would be quite impressive

Feral, Toof

Cheers for the speedy responses i will take out the spacer on the right hand side and install with just the ball joints.

I really didnt need to replace the ball joints but i thought while i was replacing the strut i might aswell well its turned into quite a drama hasnt it.

Lesson learnt tho
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 06 June 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 21:53

toof wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 20:12

If i understand correctly this guy is going to do a 1MZ conversion, i think i may of read somewhere about a TRD supercharger as well !!

what sort of power and torque do these beams engines produce ?

Charlie was actually the one who sold me my 3sgte exhaust flange (well practically gave it to me). Very knowledgable guy and very helpful! He had done the 3sgte conversion a long time ago and anyone wishing to start their own, I'd recommend speaking to him. His way was much simpler than mine Shocked
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 06 June 2005 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Feral: that installation is dead sexy! and so is that v12 amp behind the driver

update from me... well since I'm now between jobs Smiley = you'd think it'd be promising. But when visiting my mum out in the country over the weekend with my gf and sister, my sharing sister has been so kind as to share her flu with me Confused
I did get a mornings worth of work in and in such have:

• fitted my newly powdercoated cam cover
  • faffed around with a stripped stud and realised I'm not even going to be able to get to it to do it up. It's about an inch away from another stud so I'm sure it'll be fine.
  • found a new ceramic coating joint about a two minute walk away in Taren Point, had a chat to and arranged for my manifold, turbo and dump to get coated (Motorsport Ceramics & Coatings 95428177)
  • found out that I need to make a new actuator bracket and half finished it
  • ate about 20 vapour drops

I gotta get this thing finished, I can't wait to drive the thing.
Will probably be just working on recovering tomorrow, but will also try to re-learn both the 3sgte and 4age wiring diagrams.

Cheers,
Dave

[Updated on: Mon, 06 June 2005 22:22]

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 06 June 2005 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 21:31

yeah but the scream of a highly strung na engine has a feel that forced induction dosent. i imagine the 210hp tucked in your mr2 would make it shuffle along at a reasnable rate of knots.

meh!
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 06 June 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Both of my AW11s (89sc and 87sc) had a single spacer, i believe on the RHS. I asked the suspension shop about this when I was getting the bushes pressed out and they said that the are to correct suspension geometry and are usually only installed on one side.

As long as your alignement comes up ok I don't see that it will make a huge difference.

[Updated on: Tue, 07 June 2005 00:02]

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 07 June 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well once it was taken out the alignment came up perfect.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 07 June 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrrm maybee i will take them out and get it alligned to see what difference it makes.

The car has allways had a shake in the steering at say 100-120km/h but i put that down to the ball joints but seeing as i have replaced the susspension from stock maybe it dosent need the spacer.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 07 June 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well guys this is an even sadder day, the end or an era for me Sad .

The insurance inspector came around today had a look at it. gave me a call back this arvo, and said its a loss.

The car has been written off, I will be getting market value back for it and I get to keep the car.

So now I am on the lookout for either a nice AW11SC with T-Tops.

or a MA70 surpa with aerotop, I really can't decide.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 07 June 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrrrm ma70 supra boat with wheels keep it aw11 mate you wont go wrong with a clean s/c what did they say market value was i would be guessing about 7k do you have a chance to take all the trick stuff out before they write it off???
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 07 June 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have already taken mos of the trick stuff out, but I get to keep the car, they aren't taking it, because I am the third party.

yeah I don't know yet what market value is, but the way it works is, I get to keep the car, they give me the market value minus the lowest price I could get for it from a wrecker. but then I can strip the car and get the money from the parts.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 07 June 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like it wont be tooo bad then its a shame you only got to give it a little stick with the sc on it.

Did you end up getting that knock sensor off your mate???
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 07 June 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys just a quick q... what top speeds can you guys grab in 1st and second on your GZE's and what speed is your engine spinning at going 110km ?

i have this really odd feeling mine has a shorter diff then it should.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 07 June 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think mine gets to about 90-95km/h in second and about 150km/h in third
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 07 June 2005 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about highway crusing speed ?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 07 June 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dunno tacho isnt opperational atm and i dont often cruize at 110 on the highway either Laughing Laughing Laughing
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 07 June 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no I never got the sensor, so I didn't even find out half potential Sad

if someone else want to try it, I will have the engine and everything up for sale soon with a good condition C52, no crunches. Laughing
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 07 June 2005 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 19:34

The insurance inspector came around today had a look at it. gave me a call back this arvo, and said its a loss.

The car has been written off, I will be getting market value back for it and I get to keep the car.

Wiso,

That is really bad news man, very sorry to hear Crying or Very Sad

You sure you cant fix it yourself or have you had enough ?

My wifes old Corolla was written off twice we just kept the car and the 2 grand they gave us each time for it and fixed it up for about $250 the first time and about $500 the next....what an investment its still going !!!!!

Forget about the supra Embarassed once you have driven an AW11 you wont be wanting a supra until your in your 60s Laughing Laughing

SERIOUSLY have you driven one yet ? i did...awful barge blah blah
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 07 June 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 20:13

hey guys just a quick q... what top speeds can you guys grab in 1st and second on your GZE's and what speed is your engine spinning at going 110km ?

just under 60 for first

just under 100 for second

Just over 150 for third

110 in fifth is about 3000

all of this is from memory as my speedo has not worked for so long now who knows how fast i am going ??? Laughing Laughing
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 07 June 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
erins NA does those sort of numbers just on 60, just on 100, then cruises at about 3400 on the highway.

where my charger does about 55, 90 then cruises at about 3200,

it just feels like the diff is slightly shorter then it should be. which could kinda explain the other oddities about the diff im getting... Confused
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 07 June 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott, I really don't think i can repair it again, believe it or not but the damage to the front end is worse this time than when I first bought it. first time it was a dead centre hit, so there wasn't much twist, this time it hit on one corner which has pushed the whole front to one side.

even a nosecut won't save me.

I am thinking of doing a half decent fix, close to, and making it into a track car as a really long term project. maybe viable, I think it may be statutory write off, so no more rego ever.

Nahh I have never driven a Surpa, but i do believe that, i am kinda hookd on the AW11, but if I get another it has to be factory SC, no fucking around.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 07 June 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 21:01

You sure you cant fix it yourself or have you had enough ?

Wiso: super sorry to hear about that man, I hope whatever way you go that it works out for the best.

After seeing what you brought that car up from, surely you could do a lot of the repairs yourself. Maybe the payout could then fund a daily driver and a 3sgte conversion Smiley =
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 07 June 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 17:46

The car has allways had a shake in the steering at say 100-120km/h but i put that down to the ball joints but seeing as i have replaced the susspension from stock maybe it dosent need the spacer.

inner steering rack bush, common on the AW11 and creates a wheel shimmy ~100kph when worn. i just been searching for the site about it, cant bloody find where it's gone. grr
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 07 June 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine does that just give it more juice and go faster and it fixes the wobble lol Smile ive go the bush here but havent put it in Embarassed Embarassed
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 07 June 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 22:40

mine does that just give it more juice and go faster and it fixes the wobble lol Smile ive go the bush here but havent put it in Embarassed Embarassed

yeah thats the way i deal with it Laughing Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 07 June 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh yeah btw this is the answer i received form toyota regarding the difference in the haynes manual diograms and toyota diograms

Quote:

No difference, I don't know that non Toyota publications are 100% accurate Toyota do not have this listed in their manuals or parts listing, I have looked at early, late and next model nothing what so ever listed.

Sorry
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 07 June 2005 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

if you've got the space, just keep it as a spare parts car and buy another aw11
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 07 June 2005 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 20:13

just under 60 in first
just under 90 in 2nd
just under 140 in 3rd
and just over 3000rpm at 110 in 5th

i have e51, stock wheel and 185/60/14 so thats about as stock as you can get
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 07 June 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey feral,

My car has some play in the steering rack on the left side that allows the steering arm to move up a little so that the left wheel can turn 1 or 2 degrees without the steering wheel moving.

It also results in quite a noticeable clunk when going over some bumps.

I replaced the steering rack bushes (the ones that hold the rack in) with urethane ones which helped a little but it is still not the best.

I was going to swap the rack over with the one on the other car, but I'm not sure how to remove it.

Is that the problem with the inner bush? Where can you get a replacement? How much are they? How hard are they to fit?

Thanks,

Terry.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 08 June 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 21:13

erins NA does those sort of numbers just on 60, just on 100, then cruises at about 3400 on the highway.

it just feels like the diff is slightly shorter then it should be. which could kinda explain the other oddities about the diff im getting... Confused

Toof,

I drove the Na to work this morning so was paying a bit more attention to the speed revs thing.

But i will say this Miss must like swinging the taco amigo right onto the rev limiter to get those speeds from the NA Laughing Laughing

what you really need to do is get the speed in each gear at a particular RPM say 4000 is a nice round number , just record the speed at 4 grand at each gear. then someone who has a standard SC so you can compare, by the way the tyre OD will only vary the actual speed not the speed indicated on the dash !!!!!!

You need to select a certain RPM because it will obviously vary the speed, some shift earlier, some shift on the rev limiter, some shift at max power or some dont even have the rev limiter cut in till 8500 Evil or Very Mad Laughing like me...only hit it once tho !
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 08 June 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey terry I don't think thats the inner bush causing that, I had that same thing on my celica, in the ball joint on the rack arm (underneath the boot) there is a little nylon washer, this would have worn away making that wheel wobble and make the clunks, you'd either need a new rack, or reco that rack, although I reckon if you pulled it out took it into a steering place they could probably just replace it at your request.

the inner bush only makes frre play on the actual rackand allows it to wobble around in a 360degree rotation, not left to right.
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 08 June 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hrm,

Ok then, Thanks.

I have another rack in the wreck that is finr, but I cant work out what holds it to the steering column.

Anyone got a pic of that page from the BGB?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 08 June 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try this link

http://www.opc.mr2oc.com/online_parts_catalog/Hand ling/steering_rack.gif

or this one

http://www.opc.mr2oc.com/online_parts_catalog/Hand ling/steering.GIF

hope this helps
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 08 June 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 08 June 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Starfire wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 12:36

Very Happy

ill take that as a yes Laughing Laughing
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 08 June 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well guys this is an even sadder day, the end or an era for me Sad
The car has been written off

Welcome to my world! Laughing
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 08 June 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 10:01

toof wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 21:13

Toof,

I drove the Na to work this morning so was paying a bit more attention to the speed revs thing.

But i will say this Miss must like swinging the taco amigo right onto the rev limiter to get those speeds from the NA Laughing Laughing

May as well use it if its there
Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 08 June 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
agreed i usually change on the limiter
Pages (84): [ «  <  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 20:05:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.020666837692261 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.