Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 04 November 2004 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My flaps are removed too. I think theyre ghey
  Send a private message to this user    
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 04 November 2004 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 20:13

My flaps are removed too. I think theyre ghey

What a cracker of a comment to start a new page with Smiley =
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
THE FLOOD Thu, 04 November 2004 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here are some pics I took after my car got flooded due to a blocked storm water drain. My poor aw11 was sitting in a foot of water Sad

http://img124.exs.cx/img124/6379/Imgp0899.jpg
The water was up to the yellow line when I first got in. she started with the exhaust under water. lol. it burbles and blew bubbles

http://img128.exs.cx/img128/1106/Imgp0903.jpg
anyone for a bowl of frunk soup?

http://img125.exs.cx/img125/5540/Imgp0909.jpg
I had to strip the interior. Was easier than I thought. But it sucked. There are drain plugs under there!

http://img107.exs.cx/img107/7458/Imgp0911.jpg
look what I found under the carpet! Im rich!

Shes all back together now and clean as a whistle inside. What an ordeal!
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 04 November 2004 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 15:54

but I'd take ferals advice about removing the whole section as he is the audio guru!

hahaaa... maybe in a former life, i havnt done audio as a career since the end of 99.

Quote:

The best aw11 sound system I have heard was a fairly simple setup.

some of the best sounding systems i have done where simple set-ups. we used to call it KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid. Wink

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 04 November 2004 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the setup I am installing (or have now installed) in mine is a pioneer head unit, 4" Boss splits up the front, a 2ch 300w amp running a pair of kenwood 7x10"'s down behind the seats. sounds sweet as apart from the crackling coming from the little one behind the covers
kbox
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 05 November 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys. Smile

It is good to see the adiction spreads further than the Pacific Ocean. Wink

[Updated on: Fri, 05 November 2004 03:08]

pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 05 November 2004 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Wed, 03 November 2004 21:21

Sorry dude, I think I can speak to all the Sydney folk when I say it's the last thing we would want to do.

I'm assuming you meant speak FOR all sydney folk Laughing

oh we're addicted alright kbox Very Happy nice of you to join us from the mr2oc board (im paulj on there)

[Updated on: Fri, 05 November 2004 05:31]

mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 05 November 2004 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, good news is my clutch has been replaced, the one i bought of a friend which was meant for E58 box fitted. unfortunately i didnt get to help my friend put it in. was meant to do it at his back yard but he had no space left so he took it to his work and did for me. took him and a mate 3hrs working on the floor.

the bad news. i drove it home and realized a few problems which didnt happen before hoping someone can help me out. i want to try fix it before i bring it back to my friend

1. gearshift feel has changed. very hard to get into 1st at a set of light sometimes i accidentally go into 3rd. also sometimes going from 2nd to 3rd i tend to hit the middle off 1st and 2nd and so hard to find 3rd. i realized if i leave in neutral and move right it springs back to middle smooth, but when moving to left side its sticky and hard not wanting to go in or spring back. do you think repositioning of shifter cable caused it?

2. weird problem, clutch pedal has alot of freeplay. when try to adjust pedal rod into mastercylinder, ie getting rid of freeplay, i cant get into any gear. usually its the other way around. i dont get it. clutch grabs pretty high up aswell compare to other newly installed clutches

3. when i fully push the clutch pedal in, it slowly starts to make a scrapping sound

apart from this clutch feels great. bit too soft as its new and not as grabby as my old clutch much easier to drive. ld one was quite worn. its a trd branded one with 3puck design. havent given it a hit yet still running it in but even with aircon on i can feel acceleration bit better then before at lower revs. it was slipping all over before
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 05 November 2004 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try bleeding the fluid again!
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 06 November 2004 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how easy was it to remove the centre console i need to replace the gear boot and also to reinforce a crack that has developed under the vinal where you rest your elbow
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 06 November 2004 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you talking to me toof? its a piece of piss. about 8 screws.

I can drop round tomorrow around 11am if you like. will you be home?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 06 November 2004 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah mine cracked too, i took it off and used some plastic and superglue haha. I also bought a new gearboot from toyota and the short shift it looks horn.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 06 November 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im spewn, three of the four clips that hold the gear boot in on mine have snapped Sad
And i made this new sexy leather one too....
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 06 November 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i only have one of the little clips left Sad and my shift boot is a bit old a starting to crack
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 06 November 2004 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
undo the old boot and use it as a template. Buy a piece of vinyl in the colour of your choice frm spotlight and cut it out. Sew it up on the inside. Mount it on the existing wire frame.

costs about 2 dollars and looks great
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 06 November 2004 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Old MR2- yeah, he'll be home but he wont have the MR2- ive got it.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 06 November 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey hey awsome guys....

I got those rear speaker panels off, removed my torn cones 3.5" standards and mounted a set of 4" kenwoods in there, belive it or not they fitted. So now the stereo sounds supurb. Very Happy
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 06 November 2004 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will be, mr2 wont be. erin will be at work.
kbox
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 November 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pjaw11sc wrote on Fri, 05 November 2004 16:30

Sorry dude, I think I can speak to all the Sydney folk when I say it's the last thing we would want to do.

oh we're addicted alright kbox Very Happy nice of you to join us from the mr2oc board (im paulj on there)

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I do see a few familiar cars here. Smile

Do you guys have your own MR2 specific forum or website I could check out?

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 November 2004 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha kbox, i bought that dizzy kit off you like a month ago. It seems to be fine, but i have an inkling it might still be leaking a tiny bit.
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 November 2004 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea kbox www.mr2club.com.au and you can access all of the other states websites from there too
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 November 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys i am gonna be a bit lazy for a minuite and ask, does anyone know on a hard top, is there any wiring or support bracing running down the center of the roof, (underside, above the lining) cause there is the lower point in the center, does that clear something in particular???

I am looking at installing a sunroof. just for reference. I just want to get my plan together without have to take the roof lining off twice Razz I can see its gonna be a bitch Neutral
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 November 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woh, there is no way in hell i would install a sunroof in a perfectly good hardtop that could leak to leaks. YOU DONT WANT LEAKS MAN! Shocked
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 November 2004 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunroofs usually only leak when the seals get old, if you keep the seals nice and replace them every so often (couple of years) they should be good

you've got a targa top in yours right?
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 November 2004 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good News.........

Dropped the car back on the ground off the stands today. I was pretty excited to see the old mr2 standing on its own legs again. i've pretty much finished all the major work on it and am waiting for the computer as we speak. so all that permitting i might see her on the road this year Very Happy

I had the suspension done a while back and now that ive put it back in the car is sitting very low.....80mm off the ground low!
Looks like i'll have to take the car back when its done to fix it up. other than that its all looking good.

Just thought i let you all know Very Happy
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 November 2004 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cant wait to see it all. You'll probably have it all done before i get my cooler and new turbo. Im waiting on suspension before anything else and its taking a fucking AGE.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 November 2004 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only problem is i'll have to run it in so i cant drive it fast for a while. Thats cool, i'll just drive it to the city and back every night when i get it back to clock up the kays Smile

I just cant wait man, i dont think i can sleep tonight Laughing
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 November 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Sun, 07 November 2004 18:45

support bracing running down the center of the roof,

yes.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 November 2004 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah,

Now that im nearing the end of my project it might be a good time to tell you all that i have a shit load of stuff left over so if you need any parts just ask. mainly engine stuff.
I will try to put a list up of whats left.

old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 November 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Sun, 07 November 2004 21:31

wiso wrote on Sun, 07 November 2004 18:45

support bracing running down the center of the roof,

yes.

whats up feral? usually you're more talkative
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 November 2004 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, does anyone elses engine lid not pop up anymore? like those 2 inches it should when you pull the latch... Mine used to, but refues to, and i have to use my fingers in the grille to pull it up. I took off the mechanism and had a look, its working fine... maybe the spring is not as strong anymore?
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 November 2004 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i put the sc lid on my car it doesnt pop up. but if i put the normal one on it does.

I think i need to redo the sc lid latch part?
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 November 2004 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Sun, 07 November 2004 20:38

whats up feral? usually you're more talkative

hahaa.. sorry man. totaly bushed after a great w/end away camping in the feroza.
http://upload.3sgtemr2.com/upload/feralozauphigh11.jpg

Quote:

hey, does anyone elses engine lid not pop up anymore?

loosen the 3 x 10mm head bolts that hold the engine lid catch. move the catch up a little and nip the bolts up, then try it. basicaly move it around until the engine lid does what you want it to do and tighten them 3 bolts up.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 November 2004 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What part are you talking about? the actual mechanism is bolted with 2 bolts to the car in my sc mr2. Or are you talking about something different?
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 November 2004 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got pulled up by the boys in blue last night. They went straight to engine bay then the boot. Which was kinda suss cos they didnt' look at anything else (besides asking whats under the bonnet). Unfortunetly they stumbled apon something i wish they hadn't have (mod wise). Feral i need to talk to you about this problem!! Im expecting a little EPA letter/fine in the mail because of this incident aswell........ Woops Sad
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 November 2004 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Sun, 07 November 2004 23:39

What part are you talking about? the actual mechanism is bolted with 2 bolts to the car in my sc mr2. Or are you talking about something different?

hrmm.. yeah the mechanism/catch the engine lid 'catches' onto thats mounted in the engine bay. mine had 3 bolts holding it on (but then i started with a na).

ohhh dear Clown. fess up, what you have in there.... Laughing
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 November 2004 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pjaw11sc wrote on Fri, 05 November 2004 16:30

whoops, yes, 'for' all of the Sydney folk.
But I can speak 'to' all of the Sydney folk if it's neccessary *cracks knuckles* Razz
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 November 2004 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 01:48

Got pulled up by the boys in blue last night. They went straight to engine bay then the boot. Which was kinda suss cos they didnt' look at anything else (besides asking whats under the bonnet). Unfortunetly they stumbled apon something i wish they hadn't have (mod wise). Feral i need to talk to you about this problem!! Im expecting a little EPA letter/fine in the mail because of this incident aswell........ Woops Sad

I hope you're not talking about having no CAT so you can blow flames out the exhaust. That would be a very unpleasant fine to get in the mail.
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 November 2004 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe nice one, i dont think i want to come to sydney anytime soon Shocked

Laughing
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 November 2004 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought i would share this photo i took of my 2 that i used for tafe...
http://img120.exs.cx/img120/3783/mycarphoto.jpg
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 November 2004 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi I need a rear axle hub and outer bearing race from a AW11... I am desperate now... any one got one off an old rear-cut or something???
Please please help!!!!
Also has anyone done rear wheel bearings. Can you tell me what a bearing kit consists of? Do you get all the oil seals etc with the kit.

Regards
AdamS
Freddoaw11
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 November 2004 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx ?UsedCarID=519786&TabID=200372&Alias=carpo intau

this ad says that the body type is Camper Trailer
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 November 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamb131 wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 13:24

Hi I need a rear axle hub and outer bearing race from a AW11... I am desperate now... any one got one off an old rear-cut or something???
Please please help!!!!
Also has anyone done rear wheel bearings. Can you tell me what a bearing kit consists of? Do you get all the oil seals etc with the kit.

Regards
AdamS

you will need....

http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/hub_assy.jpg

the bearing kit will cost you around $120 form toyota, about 80 aftermarket.

hub hub im assuming your talking about part 42414 from the diagram (the hub face where the wheel/rotors bolts to)

most wreckers will laugh at you if you ask for this, toyota charge about $190 for it.... but

it is the same part off the front hub for an ae92. every wrecker should have one and cost you about half of stuff all.

otherwise
43502-20030 for the hub and 90369-38003 for the bearing kit.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 November 2004 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn, Erin, im impressed!

[Updated on: Mon, 08 November 2004 07:28]

Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 November 2004 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, but that was Toof. Ill take the credit for it though Laughing
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 November 2004 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They found an asian box of goodies in the boot Confused

As for the exhaust well they didnt' see that bit Confused

old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 November 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miss MR2 wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 19:39

Thanks, but that was Toof. Ill take the credit for it though Laughing

I thought that might be the case. hehe.

hey clown, what was in the box? I wanna know?
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 November 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr officer, meet mr HKS. Twisted Evil
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 November 2004 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKS what?

You should have used the jedi mind trick on him....

You: "You dont need to see whats in the boot"

Copper: "I dont need to see whats in your boot"

You: "I can go now"

Copper: "You can go now"

Ha Ha Ha! Laughing
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 November 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
F-con...... Shocked
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 November 2004 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes it's my 24211 is all bent!
I managed to get a replacement SC axle but then discovered that I'd stuffed the axle hub also!
Thanks for the info in the rolla equiv tho... thats invaluable info... I'm off to check my EPC now!!!
What about the inside and outside inner races? They are shown in my AW11 BGB diagram (rear suspension) but cant find in the EPC... are these part of the bearing kit?

THNX Again
AdamS
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 November 2004 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that all, Thats not too bad.
What exactly does an f-con do?

Holy crap, if they ever ask to look in mine im in big trouble Laughing

Did they bust you good? or was it more of a warning?
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 November 2004 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well its either really good or really bay. They didnt' bother with the rest of the car, so im a little suss on that. They were quiet nice cops though. So i guess i'll just have to wait and find out.

F-con = computer
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 November 2004 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
F = Fuel
Con = Controller
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 09 November 2004 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Question: Do any of you guys run electronic boost controllers? if so what do you use and are they any good?

Im tossing up weather to get the one that goes with my computer which is a set and forget sort or a fully adjustable one?
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 09 November 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamb131 wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 20:19

yes it's my 24211 is all bent!
I managed to get a replacement SC axle but then discovered that I'd stuffed the axle hub also!
Thanks for the info in the rolla equiv tho... thats invaluable info... I'm off to check my EPC now!!!
What about the inside and outside inner races? They are shown in my AW11 BGB diagram (rear suspension) but cant find in the EPC... are these part of the bearing kit?

THNX Again
AdamS

42311C is the bearing kit itself it contains the inner runner, outer runner and the bearinghs themselves, pregreased. i havent bought the genuine one but the aftermarket (skefco iirc) came with everything needed. it may have even come with a new circlip.
causinmayhem
Occasional Poster

October 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 09 November 2004 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just going back (looks way back now even though it was only a few days - you guys are keen as!!!) to the talk of stereos - thought i'd just put up a little pic of part of mine.
the system includes front 4inch jaycar coax's (excellent value for the $$) and a 12inch sub all running off a 4 channel amp... future plans include dedicated sub amp and a good sub... the box is prolly on the small side (approx 23litres) but if it was any bigger... let me just say that if i was any taller it'd be out of the 2!!!
http://www.geocities.com/mrfishx/sub_seat_down_400w.jpghttp://www.geocities.com/mrfishx/sub_400w.jpg

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 09 November 2004 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn man, a 12" sub next to your head........ jesus
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 09 November 2004 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Tue, 09 November 2004 17:29

Question: Do any of you guys run electronic boost controllers? if so what do you use and are they any good?

i'm useing my a/c idle up soleniod as a dual stage. a/c button off 7psi, a/c button on 12psi.. Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 09 November 2004 12:22]

kbox
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 November 2004 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Spanktown wrote on Sun, 07 November 2004 13:02

haha kbox, i bought that dizzy kit off you like a month ago. It seems to be fine, but i have an inkling it might still be leaking a tiny bit.

Humm.. Interesting. Did you coat the seals with oil prior to installation? Is it the internal or external seal that is leaking?

Can you email me a few more details? I would like to find out what the problem may be.
Pages (84): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:54:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.030210018157959 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.