Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 16 July 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool!
whats the power ball meant to do?
  Send a private message to this user    
Hodgo
Regular

August 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 16 July 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you tell me and we'll both know Confused.....

Nah, just an ugly collector, or in my case a nice spot to mount the oxy sensor
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 16 July 2005 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whose up for a cruise in 2 weeks? I should have my car back and tuned by then, and ill definately have a big fire exstinguisher in it so it doesnt end up crispy fried. Rolling Eyes
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 16 July 2005 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Sat, 16 July 2005 21:28

cool!
whats the power ball meant to do?

I thought you slip it in your dishwasher to outdo your mother-in-law.
"You'll never get those clean!"
"Balls!"

When did you get back Spanktown? how was your trip?

2 weeks might be a little to soon for me. I'm about to miss my wednesday appointment for my emissions test Nope, I just hope the RTA can book me sonner than the 5 weeks it was last time.

Update: My car is turning over, but not firing. Monday is going to be a very exciting day!!!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 July 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Sun, 17 July 2005 02:19

whose up for a cruise in 2 weeks? I should have my car back and tuned by then, and ill definately have a big fire exstinguisher in it so it doesnt end up crispy fried. Rolling Eyes

oooh oooh me me i call shotgun
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 July 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys,

Has anyone pulled of the rear bumper ?

there are 4 bolts that also mount the exhaust, i have them removed and used a big hammer but it wont budge !

Repair manual is no help so any hints or pics would be appreciated.

Thanks

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 July 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arent there also 4 (maybe 2) bolts inside the boot you have to undo as well Rolling Eyes

I cant remember?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 July 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My trip, well... it was definately a trip i will never forget. Big eye opener and australia definately shits on the rest of the world as far as living standards go, but their roads are fucking sweet... I wanted my mr2 so badly going from naples around the amalfi coast.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 July 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was wiching the same thing around the amalfi, and also the alps and pyranees. I gave the little turbo diesel 206 pug heaps though Evil or Very Mad
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 July 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahaha spanktown im sure i have seen you car parked near my place. i think you should shoot for the sky spanktown im sure with the right tuning you car should be good for atleast 100kw at the wheels.
hahahaha
mick
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 July 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Sun, 17 July 2005 12:01

Guys,

Has anyone pulled of the rear bumper ?

there are 4 bolts that also mount the exhaust, i have them removed and used a big hammer but it wont budge !

Repair manual is no help so any hints or pics would be appreciated.

Thanks

yeah dude its not the 4 that hold the exhaust on, you only need to remove the back 2 (one each side of them). in the boot behind the intake pipe that runs along the back there is also 2 nuts, once these are off you can simply pull the bumper off.

you can see it in this pic, above where the main bumper frame goes into the car, that little hole above it. on the inside is where the nuts are.
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/5890/im0010911ep.th.jpg

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 July 2005 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who's got issue's ...........we've got issues! Not only is bianca's s/c still being wack, the cars decided it only wants to fire on 3 cyls at the moment, pulled plugs put in spares, ran fine for a while then started playing up again. Sussin it out more tommorow, gonna get it running half right if not its onto a trailer and to the mechanic, getting everything fixed!
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 July 2005 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry i never got back to your sms man, was doing stocktake at work. hopefully see you on tonight.
dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 July 2005 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Fri, 15 July 2005 17:52

toof wrote on Thu, 14 July 2005 22:01

old_mr2 if you want to paint it i have some semi suitable black enamel paint here you can spray it with.. keeping in mind my spray gun in a hint average. but it should so that job...

Thanks for the offer mate,Ive got a can of black at my house ill try that first and see how that goes. If it looks crap ill contact you. Cheers Guys!

the box isn't sitting how it will in the car. Basically tip the box up away from the camera and that's how it will sit. it fits with no more room to move, and i have my seat relatively far back.
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 July 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If its not the plug then it could be a stuffed lead or dizzy cap - play musical parts from the other car till you get it going properly Smile
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 18 July 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys,

Thanks for the help with the bumper its off, bloody heavy as well, looks quite different with it off, dont think i will worry about putting it back on Laughing

Wiso that rust looks serious man !

Happy to say mine is rust free Smile
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 18 July 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Starfire wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 09:41

If its not the plug then it could be a stuffed lead or dizzy cap - play musical parts from the other car till you get it going properly Smile

indeed i had the same problem turned out to be the number 3 lead had packed it in.

The solution i bought some Magnecore 8mm leads Very Happy

edit: electrical gremlins are the worst things to find

[Updated on: Mon, 18 July 2005 03:20]

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 18 July 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kingmick wrote on Sun, 17 July 2005 16:24

shoot for the sky spanktown im sure with the right tuning you car should be good for atleast 100kw at the wheels.

Laughing
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 18 July 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm sure if we ALL had BIG budgets to play with we could 'shoot for the sky'.... Wink
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 18 July 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey scott any tips for going around wakefeild in an AW11? I am heading out there on wednesday with the CCG. So keen, I have flushed the cooler, changed all the fliuds, upped the boost, fitted a new guage, got the race pads to put on tomorrow, got some spare wheels for the rears, fitted the fire extinguser, got the factory flare Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 18 July 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso make sure to take a 1ltr bottle of oil so you can keep it all topped up it generally uses a bit of oil.

check your tyre pressures to make sure they are atleast 38-40 psi

put in dot 4 brake fluid

take some sunscreen and a hat its supprising how much sun you can get

also make sure your s/c belt is tensioned properly might also pay to take a can of belt grip with you.
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 18 July 2005 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 23:21

any tips for going around wakefeild in an AW11?

Be patient on the hairpin coming onto the straight, be brave in corner one and have some serious fun in the double left/right in the middle Smile

Also, get ready to change a water pump - Every time I've gone out there, I've killed one....
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 18 July 2005 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Wilson wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 08:14

any tips for going around wakefeild in an AW11?

Be patient on the hairpin coming onto the straight, be brave in corner one and have some serious fun in the double left/right in the middle Smile

Also, get ready to change a water pump - Every time I've gone out there, I've killed one....

are you serious ive never had any problems with my water pump then again im not running a bigger pulley i dont know if you are ben
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 18 July 2005 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it was just time for the pumps to die.

I was also revving NA motors really hard whicle I was out there.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 18 July 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hey scott any tips for going around wakefeild in an AW11? I am heading out there on wednesday with the CCG. So keen, I have flushed the cooler, changed all the fliuds, upped the boost, fitted a new guage, got the race pads to put on tomorrow, got some spare wheels for the rears, fitted the fire extinguser, got the factory flare Laughing

I think the ther guys have pretty much covered it.

Fresh brake fluid is a must do a complete bleed any dot 4 should be ok but i only run Castrol SRF never had any probs.

I would experiment with tyre pressures, all tyres are different and depending what combo you have and how muche under / oversteer, but start at least a couple of PSI higher than what you use on the road. BTW my dunlops (semi slick) ran 27 F 29 R cold they soon came up to pressure when hot so try a few thing cause tyre press can make a huuge difference.

If its you firsts time on the track just have fun and experiment with different lines and techniques. Try to find the limit progressivly, drive smoothly will be the fastest unless you particularly want to get sideways, depends what sort of a track day it is. If its a drift day go for your life, but if its a race type day keep it straight or you may see yourself kicked of the track Laughing Laughing

As far as the fastest way around the track well everyone has there own ideas and each car and driver are different.

But this is what i reckon, Keep it flat through the kink, i was doing about 180 plus so you will have to be brave (well i did anyway) but stay out wide (dont try to apex the kink), brake as late as you dare really its a very safe track so leave it as late as possible, try to use all the track and drift out wide.

Basically you want to get all the baking done in a straight line then have enough weight on the front wheels for turn in then get on the throttle ASAP, just experiment with balancing the car and keeping as much momentum as possible. Make sure you heal toe down change otherwise this upsets the balance of the car and not good on the gearbox.

Gears, i would suggest 3rd for all, you may want to try 2nd for the fish hook and onto the main straight but it will depend on your corner speed and overall gearing, you may see 4th coming on to the back straight.

I have never had any oil or water probs but i would reccomend checking them each time you go out esp the brakes. Also try to do some cool down laps or drive around a bit before you stop, especially dont come in after some hot laps then leave your foot on the brake pedal, the heat soak can warp the discs (so i have been told)

hope this helps, let us all know how you go !
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 19 July 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone give me a heads-up how hard the SC engines are to remove from the AW11 ?

The g/fs SC yesterday was idling very bad she told me and oil and water levels were fine so she tried driving again and it was idling bad and then a very loud knock and now its home its spewing oil from somewhere up near the exhaust manifold and hardly runs with a huge knock Its BAD Sad
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 19 July 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrrrm knocking sounds terminal man maybee bearings. its not the simplest car to get the engine out of without a hoist espcially if its your first time.

The easiest way i found some1 else might have a better and safer way was to disconnect everything like hoses driveshafts etc also draining the oil in the engine and gearbox might be an idea as it will make things a bit lighter I also disconnected the exhaust from its mounts but it would make it easier to remove it from the front pipe back to make it easier to wheel the engine out.

Then place a dolly under the gearbox. When you have the dolly in position hook the engine hoist to the engine hooks and unbolt the engine/gearbox mounts.

Once this is done make sure you have disconnected the engine loom from the body loom then lower the engine/gearbox onto the dolly.

Remove the rear bumper and use the 2 hooks underneath the car to lift the body of the car with the engine hoist.

Then place some chassis stands under the car (you will need to get the car high enough to clear the top of the engine).
This was by far the dogiest part i would want to secure the car a little better next time maybee supporting it from the roof to stabalize it.
You will also want to make sure the front wheels are very well chocked to stop the car rolling away.
Once the car is stable and at the right height you can remove the engine hoist.
All that is left is to wheel the engine out.

Like i said thats the way i got mine out im sure there are other ways i have seen pictures of people dropping the engine only in through the top of the engine bay aswell.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 July 2005 09:23]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 19 July 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm thanks guys, its not my first time out to the track, I had my old celica out there a few times, the last time i was there though I blew the 3sge int he celica and upgraded to the 3sgte because of it, haven't been since.

Unfortunatly I can only fit 2 spare wheels in the car, so looks like I can only replace the rears and have to use my normal wheels on the front, hope I don't wear too much tread off them.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 19 July 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 20:20

Unfortunatly I can only fit 2 spare wheels in the car, so looks like I can only replace the rears and have to use my normal wheels on the front, hope I don't wear too much tread off them.

i've had all 4 of the original teardrops with 14" tyres on the passengers seat. Very Happy
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 19 July 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how the hell do you manage that? I fitted them up tongiht, I can only safely fit the 2 on the passenger seat and one in the frunk, and these are the same 14" size as standard, I though if I could get one in the footwell I'd be set, but the door won't close then Sad
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 19 July 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i put them flat on the pass seat piled up to the roof lining. Evil or Very Mad
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 19 July 2005 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can also fit 2 in the boot aslong as you use something to tie the boot lid to the car and 2 on the pass seat worked fine drove the car for a 1hr trip like that only issue is your mirrors on the left and rear are blocked
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 20 July 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've fitted 4 15x6.5 in rims with 205/50 15 rubber. One in the spare well in the frunk, one in the passenger side footwell and 2 stacked on passenger seat.
Door only just closes... if you remove passenger interior arm rest they fit easy.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 20 July 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry,

I say sorry first because its been a long day and i need some humour so this is what you do.

Sit 2 wheels on the engine lid/boot and put the other 2 on top of that, get some occy straps onto the spioler rear gaurds etc and Bobs your uncle !!! Laughing Laughing Laughing , atually if you put 2 in the boot like 4agte suggested (i have also done that) the other one you could just sit on the engine lid Shocked Shocked Shocked

Like i said .....sorry, if only John had finished his trailer you could of borrowed it, speaking of that i actually saw an AW11 the other day towing i nice box trailer...wonder what it would be like drifting with a trailer....have to give it a go some time.

BTW the adjustable sway bars are out of the box all i need to do now is fit them up, anyone want to give me a hand ?.....literally
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 20 July 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Wed, 20 July 2005 17:02

Sorry,

I say sorry first because its been a long day and i need some humour so this is what you do.

Sit 2 wheels on the engine lid/boot and put the other 2 on top of that, get some occy straps onto the spioler rear gaurds etc and Bobs your uncle !!! Laughing Laughing Laughing , atually if you put 2 in the boot like 4agte suggested (i have also done that) the other one you could just sit on the engine lid Shocked Shocked Shocked

Like i said .....sorry, if only John had finished his trailer you could of borrowed it, speaking of that i actually saw an AW11 the other day towing i nice box trailer...wonder what it would be like drifting with a trailer....have to give it a go some time.

BTW the adjustable sway bars are out of the box all i need to do now is fit them up, anyone want to give me a hand ?.....literally

me me me

oh i dont have a car Laughing

interested to hear the results scott keep us posted
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 20 July 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Wed, 20 July 2005 17:02

Sit 2 wheels on the engine lid/boot

back in 1997 when i drove the feral from Darwin to Perth and then Perth to Brisbane/Bundaberg in 1998 i had my spare tyre strapped to the engine lid on a ghetto wooden base (had thin rubber glued under it so it didnt sratch the paint).
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 20 July 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man I really need 15" wheels at least, Had a blast at the track day, car cornered unbelievably well, better than most out there, with the odd exception, but with 14" with 60 profile there is too much tyre roll when hammering into corners, but I had a blast, learnt soo much about the car Very Happy
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 20 July 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good to hear yeah 60 profiles are too big a 50 profile on 15"s are prettey good
Hodgo
Regular

August 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 20 July 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey All,

Just mounting my new intercooler (same spot as stock still A2A),
had to remove the 3.5" wank outlets and now im wondering as its 2" in if it is better to go 2.5" out then reduce to the throttle body to reduce the pressure drop?
any one got any thoughts?

Ta Hodgo
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 20 July 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2inch piping is plenty enough for some pretty big power. If your car is still SC it will do fine.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 20 July 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^ yep. going too big a pipeing will loose charge air velocity, plus the inlet pipe on the inlet manifold is still 2" going larger than that will not yeild any benefits.

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 20 July 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a quick qeustion for those with larger crank pullies, the car takes a fair while to heat up, usually (most often) it does reach full temp, but on some of these really cold nights it takes longer still, and some times when I give it a hit (on the really cold night) I can actually watch the temp guage decrease going more to cold (when it hasn't yet reached normal).

I replaced the thermostat a few weeks ago, so now wondering does this have something to do with the over driven water pump? or could it just be my temp sensor that may be a little on the blink?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 20 July 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my aw11 always took a million years to heat up, the nevo i had on made no difference.
Hodgo
Regular

August 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 20 July 2005 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine too does this, b4 and still now after pulley swaps.
Was at wakefiekd last thursday (stock pulleys) never got above 1/3 on da dial, but it was well cold.
apart from when i removed the A/C and didnt bridge the high pressure switch i am yet to get the thermos to go on.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 20 July 2005 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh sweet then, I was wondering cause my NA never took as long as this one to heat up,

good thing I found about going to wakefiled today was though even after giving it a hit around the track the I/C was still really cool, there was also a ae101 levin SC there and his cooler was a lot hotter, almost makes you proud Very Happy
Hodgo
Regular

August 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 20 July 2005 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We should get a AW11 wakefield vist organised, i went with toymods once and those those twinkies just aint good sport.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 20 July 2005 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah a little cruise sometime next week
maybe old pac one cold night.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 20 July 2005 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont break it as soon as you get it back man.... Rolling Eyes

the temp should raise the same from idle no matter what crank pulley you have, the thermastat stays closed until its reached a certain temp.
i only had a 160mm on the gze. my 4age, gze and the gte raise/d temps the same and they all sit just below 1/2 on my guage.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 20 July 2005 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hodgo wrote on Wed, 20 July 2005 23:58

We should get a AW11 wakefield vist organised, i went with toymods once and those those twinkies just aint good sport.

sounds like a plan... a friend of mine organises wakefield days with timing on a regular basis i think the next one is in a couple of months (might make me get my act together with my car).
They are very well organised events and he usually caters for about 45 cars any more and the track starts to get crowded. Would be good to get 10-15 aw11's out there Very Happy
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 20 July 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its pretty normal for the temp on an AW11 to drop a little when cruising compared to driving in traffic. They really do have quite an efficient cooling system. You may also notice that the radiator and fans are quite large for such a small engine and have good airflow.

Try this next time you are in traffic on a hot day:

Veer to one side a little so that the nose of you car gets some clean airflow (ie not from the car in front) and watch the temp gauge drop a little.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 21 July 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep,

Bring on the AW11 track day !!

Temps on mine are both the same, onced warmed up they both sit smack bang in the middle (like all toyotas i have owned) hot day cold day, maxing it out on the track, does not seem to matter.

Wiso, i knew you would enjoy yourself Very Happy

Feral, i must be stupid but i still dont understand how to make the panel without a mold....can you try to explain it to me.

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 21 July 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 13:19

Starfire wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 09:41

indeed i had the same problem turned out to be the number 3 lead had packed it in.

The solution i bought some Magnecore 8mm leads Very Happy

edit: electrical gremlins are the worst things to find

2 plugs shat themselves changed them to find car still missing, put my leads on (my cars off the road at the moment) and the cars running alot better, gave it a service while we were at it.
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 21 July 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso - So, what sort of times were you getting at Wakefield?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 21 July 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone know where i can get a wastegate actuator for my turbo i spoke with gcg they say that it will cost $250 to set up a wastegate actuator for my turbo and that they will need the turbo to do it.

The guy on the phonen seemed like a tool and they are only open monday to friday 9-5 kind of thing which dosent suit me one bit. I cant stand it when people arent flexable and i dont really want to send them my turbo so if anyone has any ideas???
AW11 no Jitsu
Regular

May 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 21 July 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 13:52

does anyone
The guy on the phonen seemed like a tool and they are only open monday to friday 9-5 kind of thing which dosent suit me one bit. I cant stand it when people arent flexable and i dont really want to send them my turbo so if anyone has any ideas???

Old people and the unemployed seem to be doing very little in the middle of the day.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 21 July 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Wilson wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 13:46

wiso - So, what sort of times were you getting at Wakefield?

hmm I was averaging 1:22, my best (that was recorded Razz ) was 1:20

as i said I was having trouble with tyre roll on corners, I could probably be a bit quicker, but I was also being a pansy taking it soft, I relly wanted to drive the car home Laughing

ohh feral yeah my car usually makes full heat, its just on really cold nights, like here lately its been -3 degrees... and thats why I was wondering if it could be a buggered sensor, cause I just replaced the thermostat, they do just use the same one as the 4age don't they? they are not really listed anywhere for the 4agze

[Updated on: Thu, 21 July 2005 06:38]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 21 July 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AW11 no Jitsu wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 14:27

4agte wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 13:52

does anyone

Old people and the unemployed seem to be doing very little in the middle of the day.

thanks for the help i keep that in mind Rolling Eyes
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 21 July 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like fun wiso, do u have a problem with helmet and targa? i mean im only 5"10' and in my comfy position in the 2 i hit my head on targa over rough roads. i'd probably crack the glass if i had helmet on

my temp guage gets to middle on cold mornings in about 5mins and stays there. for some reason on hot days its slightly less then middle, maybe just fans overworking or something
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 21 July 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 12:45

Feral, i must be stupid but i still dont understand how to make the panel without a mold....can you try to explain it to me.

sorry mate, i will get to write you an explaination.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 21 July 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mk1sc wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 19:30

sounds like fun wiso, do u have a problem with helmet and targa? i mean im only 5"10' and in my comfy position in the 2 i hit my head on targa over rough roads. i'd probably crack the glass if i had helmet on

HAHA well that was the coolest thing, I had the t-tops off all day around the track, wakefield park gave me permission to run with out them, if they didn't I would have had to duck down in the seat a little bit, hmm I have never hit my head on the glass on rough roads and I'mm like 6"5'
Pages (84): [ «  <  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 11:55:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.021136999130249 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.