Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 06 August 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not saying that the t-tops dont work im saying that when its 100% humidity in sydney and 40 deg celcius the air is hot so t-tops or not you still cook
  Send a private message to this user    
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 06 August 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hodgo wrote on Sat, 06 August 2005 11:12

The only box I saw last night.

Who needs aircon when your battery box is this sexy.

http://www.sbits.com.au/toymods%20pics/BatteryBox/BatteryBox350.jpg

http://www.sbits.com.au/toymods%20pics/BatteryBox/frontbum350.jpg

not a bad looking battery holder and then it doesnt look like you have that wire running through a grommet????
personaly though if i was to mount my battery in the frunk it would be right down the bottom of the well in the middle.

[Updated on: Sat, 06 August 2005 05:16]

Hodgo
Regular

August 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 06 August 2005 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Um thanks Feral, but hence the coil of wire on the floor and no battery it is still a work in progress. I have a grommit in my hot little hand as we speak.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 06 August 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hodgo wrote on Sat, 06 August 2005 12:59

Someone has to show you boys how it's supposed to be done Razz

Ill post some pics of the under IC fan mounts in the next couple of days they are a work of art.

If ita aint TIG'd its shite Smile

I don't have a TIG Sad, so anything I make stainless has to be one bent piece. Then pop rivited to the car.

I just shared the grommits from the air con and body loom as they were already torn.
http://mr2.scattered.com.au/image.php/size/150/image/IMGP1736.JPG http://mr2.scattered.com.au/image.php/size/150/image/IMGP1737.JPG http://mr2.scattered.com.au/image.php/size/150/image/IMGP1738.JPG http://mr2.scattered.com.au/image.php/size/150/image/IMGP1739.JPG
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 06 August 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys just curious, with your T-tops what kinda coating is on your glass, are they:

actual tinted inside the glass?
have a film of tint on the under side of the glass?
whats teh go with the reflective ones?

Cause mine are looking a little odd atm, mine have a tint film on the inside cut rather rough so I was wondering toyota wouldn't do that right? in a lot of places it is peeling, and has heat spots on the tint.

I am wondering If i get this tint removed are the tops factory tinted in the glass? or will I have to get them refilmed?

I went and saw a tinting place, they said it wasn't normal to have a film on the glass roof, and if they put a new film on it there is a chance the glass can crack from the heat build up.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 06 August 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hodgo wrote on Sat, 06 August 2005 15:21

I have a grommit in my hot little hand as we speak.

well thats alright then.... Wink
just doesnt look in the pic to have a big enough hole for a grommet around that wire. could just be my eyes though. Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Sun, 07 August 2005 09:48]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 August 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ummm I hit antoher little snag today....

do oversize crank pulley's usually have timing marks on them?

I went to check the timing today and when I chucked the light onto her nothing was showing up on the pulley, so I checked the pulley and couldn't find any marks on it. So how do you check the timing???

the best I can think of is turn it to top dead using the mark on the intake cam, and just paint a line at zero as close as possible on the crank pulley
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 August 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 160mm and 165mm have the timing marks on the pulley. the 175mm doesnt, it has a seperate timing pointer that has to be bolted to the sump and timing is done from underneathe.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 August 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is a progress shot from a week or so ago, I think it looks pretty backyard style personally.

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/8571/pat2.th.jpg
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 August 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm well this could be a problem, feral, are the marks the same v grooves as the standard one? this is really gonna cause a problem, cause I am sure it doesn't have any marks, well not that I can see unless they are just etched in the side or something, which is awquard to see with the crank in relation to the chassis.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 August 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Sun, 07 August 2005 17:45

Here is a progress shot from a week or so ago, I think it looks pretty backyard style personally.

it dosent look too shabby the only thing that looks strange to me is the zip ties on the hoses i thought that could be done better but it may be tempoary i guess the other thing that i noticed is that there isnt anything stuffed in the inlet of the throttle to stop nasties going into your motor..

Otherwise the plenum and everything else looks very nice
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 August 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Sun, 07 August 2005 18:19

hmmm well this could be a problem, feral, are the marks the same v grooves as the standard one? this is really gonna cause a problem, cause I am sure it doesn't have any marks, well not that I can see unless they are just etched in the side or something, which is awquard to see with the crank in relation to the chassis.

what pulley are you useing?
as far as i know the 175mm pulley has the same style markings on it, though they would be ~180 degrees around on the pulley compared to the stock one. spin the pulley around with a socket/ratchet on the crank pulley bolt and have a good look on the edges of the pulley with a torch.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 August 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Sun, 07 August 2005 17:45

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/8571/pat2.th.jpg

cable ties ROOL!!!! as long as the tab bit once cut is turned underneathe the hose/wires IMO they are the neatest way to tie or hold things up. Smile
looks good, though a couple things i spot there that i would change. a proper EFI hose clamp should be used on that fuel line running to the FPR and the engine bay temp sensor can be mounted where i have mine above the turbo manifold.

if your paying for someone to do a job and are not happy express your feelings.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 August 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral I have a 165mm pulley, dunno what brand though, that what I did today I got under it and span the crank with a socket and couldn't see the normal markings, very strange, maybe superaw11 might be able to shed some light here, or maybe not
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 August 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrmmm... i had a 160mm pulley and a friend had a 165mm pulley, they both had markings on them like the factory one.
the 165mm pulley should still be able to be timed from above like normal. your timing pointer should be bent up a little to clear the pulley?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 August 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I am sure you still time it from above, the timing pointer isn't actually bent, the pulley just fits there.

what I am basically wondering do all brand pulley's still put the marks on them, or are there some that don't?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 August 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha guys... No im very happy with the work. Cable ties are awesome. It will look nuts once its all in, blue/polished alloy.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 August 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you wont be able to control yourself with polished alloy..... Rolling Eyes
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 August 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wiso,I never had reason to set the timing while i owned the car.
I was under the impression that the pulley could have been a HKS item ? which would be 12mm oversized (10psi)which allows for installation without bending the marker.Anything larger requires bending the marker according to this link.

http://www.mr2supercharger.com/Pulleys.html

here is a pic of a HKS,looks familiar to me.

http://www.alamomotorsports.com/products.html?http ://www.alamomotorsports.com/HKS/hks_pulleykit.html

[Updated on: Sun, 07 August 2005 12:08]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 07 August 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well when I measured it it looked to be 163mm, so i am guessing its closest to that.

Does a HKS one have any markings on it at all that I could identify it by? the timing pointer hasn't been bent, and it only just fits there with about 2mm clearance to the standard idler pulley.

I have no reason to set the timing, i was just gonna check it, I have been doing a lot of little odd jobs with it latley.

[Updated on: Sun, 07 August 2005 13:15]

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 August 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Sat, 06 August 2005 15:12

Hodgo wrote on Sat, 06 August 2005 11:12

The only box I saw last night.

Who needs aircon when your battery box is this sexy.

http://www.sbits.com.au/toymods%20pics/BatteryBox/BatteryBox350.jpg

http://www.sbits.com.au/toymods%20pics/BatteryBox/frontbum350.jpg

not a bad looking battery holder and then it doesnt look like you have that wire running through a grommet????
personaly though if i was to mount my battery in the frunk it would be right down the bottom of the well in the middle.

You guys have to get out more often Laughing Laughing

But yep i am relocating my battery to the frunk as per ferals comments. I am using the spare wheel mount to keep the battery in place with a simple bit of hardware. The spare will still fit over the battery.

Hodgo where in Sydney are you ? would be keen to sus out the rest of the work.
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 August 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That battery box is very pretty, but, if it doesn't have any support underneath, it will fatigue and crack within a year.
Hodgo
Regular

August 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 August 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude its sitting on the aircon spot and bolted to the rail. there is support

[Updated on: Mon, 08 August 2005 08:36]

Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 August 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hodgo wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 18:30

I think he means, is there something physically under the tray instead of just being canti-levered off the rail?
It doesn't look like it has support from underneath the tray in the pictures.

we're just looking out for you mate Very Happy as you don't want your battery to tip over in the frunk. If you are like me it doesn't get opened very much...
Hodgo
Regular

August 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 August 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
like giving pigs truffles with you guys

Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 August 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hodgo wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 19:51

like giving pigs truffles with you guys

whatever, take it or leave it.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 August 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
superaw11 wrote on Sun, 07 August 2005 22:04

Wiso,I never had reason to set the timing while i owned the car.
I was under the impression that the pulley could have been a HKS item ? which would be 12mm oversized (10psi)which allows for installation without bending the marker.Anything larger requires bending the marker according to this link.

http://www.mr2supercharger.com/Pulleys.html

here is a pic of a HKS,looks familiar to me.

http://www.alamomotorsports.com/products.html?http ://www.alamomotorsports.com/HKS/hks_pulleykit.html

wiso,

I just had a look at my HKS one that is off the car and basically its as per the above pics. it just has 3 small nicks cut into the outside of the pulley. i can get some dimensions if you like, you could just as easy cut them in with a hack saw

also i saw your 60 second sketch in the latest TEN/10th....very impressive !!!! Very Happy
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 August 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just got my copy in the mail today, havnt subscribed yet though.. Embarassed Kevin sent me the copy since i did a small write-up in it. i'll have to subscribe oneday and back order the other 2 copies i did write-ups for. is the first time i have set eyes on the magazine, i like it.

nice sketch wiso! Wink
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 August 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omg its in there.... sweet, bummer I haven't subscribed yet Sad

Umm i am going to have a really detailed look at the pulley probably on wednesday, I'll see what happens then, I have a set of measuring calipers now, so i should be able to get it more acurate then a ruler Razz I hope I was just blind the other day and couldn't see the markings Surprised
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 August 2005 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats the subscription cost??
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 08 August 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it not free when you are a MR2 club member ???????

None of them have cost me ??????

cmon boys become a member its well worth it ! stop being so tight Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

to be honest the main reason i did was because of the CAMS affiliation that i need to race the state championships etc but there are other advantages other than that and the mag. Cool

PS your write ups have been good John.

What did you think about the write up on the SC14 ?

It was very detailed but how about the results !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read through this detailed cut this file that drill this out etc etc etc................and that was it ?????????

Did i miss something ?????

PS i drifted the NA ever so nicely this morning, right up to a median strip, did not touch it but boy it was close Very Happy

EDIT this was with the 16 year old tires on Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 09 August 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
come on cheapo's, club membership is hardly expensive.

16 year old tyres !!! not even driving miss daisly gets tyres to last for 16 years Razz
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 09 August 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would have joined but its the same reason I haven't joined toymods yet, everything is around sydney and its a fair drive for an event for me. The ACT mr2 club is pretty bland, like lets go out the hiway for a run to yass? Confused

But I am soo going on the GOR run this year, no way I am missing that Very Happy
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 09 August 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 10:43

come on cheapo's, club membership is hardly expensive.

16 year old tyres !!! not even driving miss daisly gets tyres to last for 16 years Razz

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

maybe i should clarify.

When i got the car back in 1990 it had 30000km and it had a new set of tyres (bridgestone RE88 185 60) on the original wheels.

I put about 20000km on the tyres, only on the side walls Laughing Laughing Then i thought it was time to get some new wheels and tyres so the originals went into storage for the last 14 years !!. Since getting the new car and racing it the 15x7 that were on the NA got the race tyres fitted to them so the NA got its original wheels and tyres put back on.....thats why they are 16 years old, still only done 20 od thousand clicks. and surprisingly they seem to perform as i remember that they did all those years ago......NOT VERY WELL Laughing Laughing

Hope that clarifies.....

I should put them on the SC now that would be very interesting Evil or Very Mad

As 4agte would say "i would spend more time looking out the side window" Laughing Laughing
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 09 August 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm ok I had a good look under the car today in good light, the pulley is 160mm, and it did have timing marks, not very big ones though, usually they are v grooves, this has a shallow line for them, I put some white paint in them so they would show up on the light but still no good, the lines aren't pronounced enough to show up under the timing light, so I will have to use more white paint Laughing
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 09 August 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh an scoot I don't think I'll be needing your bling bling wheels, I have just scored myself a nice set of multi spoke white 15"s Very Happy
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 09 August 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 11:10

ohh an scoot I don't think I'll be needing your bling bling wheels, I have just scored myself a nice set of multi spoke white 15"s Very Happy

Wiso,

You are JOKING i got them specially polished just for you !!, this is very dissapointing news Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Seriously tho if anyone is intersted in these wheels you better let me know soon, they are either going into the trading post or to a second hand wheel shop or ebay or something.

they are straight and in excellent condition... MAKE ME A REASONABLE OFFER, if anyone wants any details let me know.

Also i still have the superlow springs sitting around, again let me know before i put them up formally
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 09 August 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is my prob with the mr2 club,heaps of stuff is in southern sydney. which means its a 3 hours drive just to get to the start !!

regardless a good crew and worth joining/.
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 09 August 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 11:00

umm ok I had a good look under the car today in good light, the pulley is 160mm, and it did have timing marks, not very big ones though, usually they are v grooves, this has a shallow line for them, I put some white paint in them so they would show up on the light but still no good, the lines aren't pronounced enough to show up under the timing light, so I will have to use more white paint Laughing

Thinking back now,I recall a few years back pulling the timing light out and having a go at checking the timing in that car.
I pointed the light down and saw no marks,repeated that a fair few times before deciding I couldnt be f#cked as it was running well anyway. Smile
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 09 August 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 19:49

Hodgo wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 18:30

I think he means, is there something physically under the tray instead of just being canti-levered off the rail?
It doesn't look like it has support from underneath the tray in the pictures.

we're just looking out for you mate Very Happy as you don't want your battery to tip over in the frunk. If you are like me it doesn't get opened very much...

I was thinking about it, if you put some sort of decent load spreader behind the bolts in the back of the box, it might be OK, just don't rely on standard washers. Aluminum is very soft and it will start to crack around the bolt holes otherwise.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 09 August 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 10:59

As 4agte would say "i would spend more time looking out the side window" Laughing Laughing

Its not as bad as you think Very Happy
I dont think they would even last another 2000km on the s/c Laughing

Ive allways wanted to join the mr2 club and toymods but its allways been one of those things like i can buy new tyres or fork out money to join the club ahh well ill leave it till next pay and so on
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 09 August 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
our stickers should be ready for the end of the week Smile

i have pulled in some favours and they are getting cut into four pieces so there will be the body and three tail pieces on a single sheet so stick it on then peel the backing off. and you will be left with a nice neat eagle Smile

costing will most likley end at $15 posted. ill keep people informed and get some photos up once i get them Smile
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 09 August 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wicked hopefully ill have a car to stick it on Laughing Laughing Laughing
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 09 August 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Wilson wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 12:46

I was thinking about it, if you put some sort of decent load spreader behind the bolts in the back of the box, it might be OK, just don't rely on standard washers. Aluminum is very soft and it will start to crack around the bolt holes otherwise.

make it out of steampipe Hodgo, it's great stuff and wont crack. Wink

Very Happy
MY Racing 221
Regular

August 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 09 August 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 13:57

this is my prob with the mr2 club,heaps of stuff is in southern sydney. which means its a 3 hours drive just to get to the start !!

You must have missed the Hunter Valley run of a couple of weeks ago then!

We try and mix up our events so they are shared around the regions. There are normally a couple of events a year north, a couple south, and a couple west. Plus any supersprints and other track events, go kart days etc.

Cheers
Dave Smile
Hodgo
Regular

August 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 09 August 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahahaaa, good to see you remember our little chat Feral
Hodgo
Regular

August 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 09 August 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Note to self do not stack car things inside without making sure that the pressure can of fish oil is not being squashed.
It is damn pungent here atm.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 09 August 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MY Racing 221 wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 21:06

We try and mix up our events so they are shared around the regions. There are normally a couple of events a year north, a couple south, and a couple west. Plus any supersprints and other track events, go kart days etc.

Cheers
Dave Smile

acutally we made the hunter ran and had a ball Smile just tghe last event and the next one we prettty mcuh cant make as its quite a hike to get to southern sydney for a 9-10am start Razz
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 09 August 2005 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 22:18

acutally we made the hunter ran and had a ball Smile just tghe last event and the next one we prettty mcuh cant make as its quite a hike to get to southern sydney for a 9-10am start Razz

i guess your just not dedicated enough Very Happy Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 09 August 2005 13:40]

Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 09 August 2005 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 23:40

toof wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 22:18

i guess your just not dedicated enough Very Happy Razz

Cant pass up Sunday working rate either
Sad
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MY Racing 221 wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 21:06

Cheers
Dave Smile

Dave,

Good to see you here allready !!

Please post some pics of both cars with the specs etc, its been ages since i have seen them.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 18:50

Ben Wilson wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 12:46

make it out of steampipe Hodgo, it's great stuff and wont crack. Wink

Very Happy

"steampipe" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You guys crack me up !!! how about some cable ties.....or better still electical tape Laughing Laughing
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't mess with cable ties, I've seen intercoolers and oil coolers in really expensive competition cars held in with them...

Did a little more work on my car today before being interrupted by snow!!

I dummied up my shorter supercharger belt to use now I'm hooking up the electric water pump.

Seems to fit nicely - Notice the cut off standard pump.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/2802/img27707yh.th.jpg

Here is the Davies Craig temp sensor I wound up attaching to the inlet pipe with epoxy becuase I coudn't work out another way of doing it (the sensor is just too long to fit through the housing...)

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/9830/img27757fb.th.jpg

I'll pick up another timing belt this arvo and continue with the assembly.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 August 2005 03:49]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah that snow was fun hey, I was also interupted by it, then I went for a quick spin in it Evil or Very Mad 1000% dorifto bro Laughing

I have finally adjusted the timing. after not seeing the painted marks I did on it yesterday, I put big fat paint lines on it today... still couldn't see them under the light, so I put some more marks at about 20 and 25 degrees, no wonder I couln't see the marks all along, it was off the scale running about 23 deg BTDC, hence the 3 standard marks were behind the waterpump out of sight. So its back to 10deg BTDC now, I'll see how it goes for a while, I may put it back to about 15 eventually.

so that would also be why you couldn't see the marks neil, just hidden from sight.

To be honest I am amazed if its been running this for such a long time and it hasn't blown up... Laughing strong little motors Very Happy
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 11:47

Wiso,

You are JOKING i got them specially polished just for you !!, this is very dissapointing news Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I am sorry man don't hate me Nope Laughing Laughing Laughing

nah the 15"s are what I always wanted for this car, I have been eyeing these off for ages on my mates rolla, but he has just got the 17"s he wanted so now he said I can have them Very Happy

scott is your SC engineered? engineered with those 16"s? if you do happen to sell your SC like you have advertised and you no longer have the 16"s on it, the engineers report becomes null and void. This was one of the problems I had getting my new 2 registered, the engineers cert has 15"x7" wheels, while she currently has 14"x6" standard size, but the eng cert overwrites the standard stuff, so they weren't happy, but I just managed to get it to slide. but now she will have 15x7"s again Very Happy
adamaw11
Regular

February 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Sat, 06 August 2005 16:09

Hodgo wrote on Sat, 06 August 2005 12:59

Someone has to show you boys how it's supposed to be done Razz

Ill post some pics of the under IC fan mounts in the next couple of days they are a work of art.

If ita aint TIG'd its shite Smile

I don't have a TIG Sad, so anything I make stainless has to be one bent piece. Then pop rivited to the car.

I just shared the grommits from the air con and body loom as they were already torn.
http://mr2.scattered.com.au/image.php/size/150/image/IMGP1736.JPG http://mr2.scattered.com.au/image.php/size/150/image/IMGP1737.JPG http://mr2.scattered.com.au/image.php/size/150/image/IMGP1738.JPG http://mr2.scattered.com.au/image.php/size/150/image/IMGP1739.JPG

good example pics davedave, I'll be doing a similar thing very soon. My welding cable looks almost the same too.

I have been thinking of routing the cable underneath the car instead though - having it covered by the plastic protector thing under the car - Would there be anything wrong with doing it that way?

And thats just a big fuse you've got in the front there isn't it? how many amps is it rated at?

Cheers,

Adam.

superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wiso,I doubt it would run that well (if at all) at 23 btdc ?
Did you use the jumper in the diagnosis connector because if not your reading would not be true.
Without the jumper 10 btdc reads more like 16 btdc
Look at link below regarding the jumper (paperclip)

http://www.padandwheels.com/mr2/timing/timing.html

[Updated on: Wed, 10 August 2005 05:08]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude that was with it bridging the t and e1 conecter, I know how its done...

I though it strange aswell, I took a measurement of how far it was from 0 - 10 - 15 original marks and from that measurement I marked on the 20/25/30, It was pretty much between my 20 and 25 mark. I did wanna used the marks on the cam belt cover to determine that, but they were hard to see.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben,

Love your work...keep those pics coming !!

Wiso,

When i got my car it came from Melbourne.

When i got it registered in NSW it had to get a Blue slip which is a detailed inspection. They cross reference engine numbers chassis numbers etc They also check for modifications outside of the NSW guidlines. As such they checked the engine capacity etc, the wheel size, tyre OD, track ride height etc etc. this all took about 3 hours and cost a packet.

According to the inspector all the mods were with the guidline that dont require an engineers certificate and from the research i have done it all seems to check out OK
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
wiso wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 15:42

dude that was with it bridging the t and e1 conecter, I know how its done...

I though it strange aswell, I took a measurement of how far it was from 0 - 10 - 15 original marks and from that measurement I marked on the 20/25/30, It was pretty much between my 20 and 25 mark. I did wanna used the marks on the cam belt cover to determine that, but they were hard to see.

Yeah,I figured you new how to do it,I just thought i would point out the obvious just in case Wink better safe than sorry.
I will be interested to see how it runs now that it has a sane timing setting,it should by rights produce a few more ponies ?
Pages (84): [ «  <  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 06:20:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.022436141967773 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.