Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 15 August 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok guys the stickers are here and i just cut them up. ive already got envelopes prepaid. $15 per sticker posted. $25 for two posted in the same envelope for those of us that have two twos in the same house Razz

just pm me and ill get them sent out for you. Ill get a photo of them on our twos once i put them on.. both need a clean and its currently raining Sad
  Send a private message to this user    
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 15 August 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey adamaw11.

man just curious, I think I may have met you a few times, are you the same adam that came down to Dubbo for the toyota nationals in 2003 (with a stock gunmetal AW11) and then again in 2004 (with 15" rims and a 20v 4age) with a guy from brisbane area, Eric with an white ST165? then I raced against you there in 2004 with my 3sgte ST162?

Man I gotta say thank you, it was that race that inspired me to trade the celica in for an AW11.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 15 August 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 18:58

Hey adamaw11.

man just curious, I think I may have met you a few times, are you the same adam that came down to Dubbo for the toyota nationals in 2003 (with a stock gunmetal AW11) and then again in 2004 (with 15" rims and a 20v 4age) with a guy from brisbane area, Eric with an white ST165? then I raced against you there in 2004 with my 3sgte ST162?

Man I gotta say thank you, it was that race that inspired me to trade the celica in for an AW11.

sounds more like the Adam i know from brisbane, he has a gun metal grey 20 valve. i dont think he ever frequents the forums, is a member of the Qld Toyota club.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 15 August 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fair enough then, yeah that sounds like the one. when i raced him at dubbo it was crazy, he jumped off the line way quicker than I did, I wheelspan a fair bit, and only just managed to get the front of my bonnet in front by the end of the 1/8th mile. antoher 200m and I would have had him, but I was so impressed with the take off and power of the aw11, thats why I looked at one when I got back. much better base than my celica was
adamaw11
Regular

February 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 16 August 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hey adamaw11.

Yep that is me.
So you got an aw11? thats awesome, glad I inspired you. Will you be taking it to dubbo next year? It'd be good to have a bit of an MR2 turnout there.

I've only just started coming on these forums more lately.

Feral, how far are you away from gympie? since you live somewhere up north anyway? is it bundaberg? Ever considered coming to a gympie motorkhana?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 16 August 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
erin and i are both keen to get to the toyota nats but time seems to be the prevailing thing Sad possibly next year would be nice Razz
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 16 August 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamaw11 wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 14:23

Hey adamaw11.

Yep that is me.
So you got an aw11? thats awesome, glad I inspired you. Will you be taking it to dubbo next year? It'd be good to have a bit of an MR2 turnout there.

Feral, how far are you away from gympie? since you live somewhere up north anyway? is it bundaberg? Ever considered coming to a gympie motorkhana?

wow.. dude i didnt think you where on the forums.. Shocked

yea man i am only a measley 2 hours north of gympie. every time the gympie motorkhana thing has been on that i know of i have had work or other prior arragements. Sad
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 16 August 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamaw11 wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 14:23

Yep that is me.

Yeah man got myself into the mr2 crowd, we totally have to represent at Dubbo next year, I'll be there deffinatly, wouldn't miss it for the world Very Happy
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 17 August 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys,

I know this is a car Forum, but a couple of people have asked me to post some baby pics so hear is one, i promise i wont post any more Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/4496/guyat1day2ym.th.jpg

its just so funny, i cant wait to strap him into the car !

We have a nice race seat for him already with a 5 point harness Very Happy
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 17 August 2005 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has lots of hair huh scott!!!
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 17 August 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, he's so cute!!
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 17 August 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice BABEH.

Still waiting boys... *cries* (for my babeh)
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 17 August 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is going to be a long post.....got a bit of catching up to do.

Thanks for the comments on Guy, yes he does have heaps of hair...i am voting for the mohawk or a punk look Laughing Laughing

Spanktown and Dave Dave,

When do you think it will be back on the road ? what is left to do ? can you give us an update...keen to see both these cars Very Happy

Toof,

Show me the stickers !!! put me down for a few, what is the process for getting some ?

old,

Welcome back, loved your pics of the wildlife, so this was obviously some sort of nature trip Laughing Laughing Laughing i was wodering where you had dissapeared to. Did you see any other interesting speices over there ??

4agte,

Have you gottten over that butchered two tone a couple of pages back from robbrissy ???? personally i think it was awful, but each to there own. how is the new computer going ? did you get that optimal fuel economy you were hoping for ?? Also if you can modify the ECU throttle position for the SC initiation try setting it at about 10 % and tell me what you think Very Happy

Wiso,

I like your new wheels, have you got a closer or better resolution picture of them ? i still think the bling would look better on the midnight blue Laughing Laughing Laughing also i liked your 180 second sketch. I reckon everyone should do some sketches and post them up with there ideas. Fast fours and rotaries used to have a section called concept cars or corner or something that would be cool. I am going to ket out my drawing equipment.

OK i missed the last Toymods meeting AGAIN....crap !!!!! i was a little preoccupied, if i recall i was changing a nappy at that time (but contary to popular belief feral it did not smell at all)(maybe his shyte does not stink ) Laughing Laughing i am definitely going to the next on the 19th September, who else is going to be there ???? COME ON...MAKE A COMMITMENT !!

Lastly i am keen to have a get together at my place or somewhere more central in sydney if anyone has and suggestions.

BBQ at my place say Sunday 4th August or Saturday if its better for more people..let me know.

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 17 August 2005 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i SHOULD, i say should because my car has been coming back for weeks, but it should be here saturday. Dyno tuned and driven late sunday arvo. Everything is in, doing fuel pump on saturday. 10secRx7 has to do some wiring and tune the car on sunday. Crossing my fingers for some big numbers.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 17 August 2005 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll cross my fingers for you too spanktown.

Great to see Guy making an appearance, but what is he sneaking a peak at? Smile

I also have been slack and missed the past couple of meetings Embarassed, time always seems to be what I have the least of.
Same goes for my poor little mr2, which probably thinks I have forgotten about it. Not the case though, I've just been busy with a new job and finishing off an 'on the side' contract I took up while I was between jobs. Once the contract is done, I'll be spending every spare* minute with the two.

I unfortunately had to push back my emissions test again from yesterday till the 14th September. So if all goes to plan, I'll be at the meeting with it.

It's so almost done it's not funny, I just need to get over there rejig a few wires, start the thing and check the manifold for leaks (anyone know of a proper way to do this?) pull the manifold off and get it coated, stick it back together and get the exhaust made. Voila, sounds easy Wink

* spare: free time I can pry away from the missus
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 17 August 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 00:10

Toof,

Show me the stickers !!! put me down for a few, what is the process for getting some ?

BBQ at my place say Sunday 4th August or Saturday if its better for more people..let me know.

i havent put the stickers on our cars yet Embarassed both need a wash so i need to clean them up before i put them on but ill tell you they look schmick. ill have it on the grey two on saturday wheni clean her up ready for sundays mr2 club drive.

are you going scott? or anyone else for that matter ?

ill get photos up then and if anyone else i keen onthem. $15 posted. pm me and ill shoot you a bank details and ill post them out pronto.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im interested, but what are they stickers of/for?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are the MR2 Eagle stickers. ill get some photos when i put them on my car bust basically it is the eagle from the front badge. looks fantastic Smile i imagine they will look trick on the back window in the middle.

i have heaps of them here guys so unless you lot start buying them they are going to become *VERY* expensive stickers for me lol.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and bbq ? would that be the 4th september not august ?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok

Scott:

Yeah the fuel economy seems alot better and the power is much better it dosent flatten out at 4000 rpm like it used to. Either the supercharger is shagged or my clutch is slipping so when i get my gearbox changed ill get my mechanic to check it all out change the rear main seal and maybee even rebuild the clutch and machine the flywheel as i might aswell..

I will give 10% a try ive moved it to 35-40% at and it seems to work quite well and i can drive off boost fine when i need to. Some1 else also mentioned that they ran theirs at 25-30% and that worked quite well.

I havent really driven the car too much as its back at the shop getting its cold start tune fixed and i was also having a problem with when id come into the traffic lights and press the clutch in it would stall so they are looking into fixing that however im sure ill need to bring it back again...

They are also fixing up the loopback for the turbo timer as i dont have on so that the wolf will stop spitting out an error so that i can use the pin security feature..

I dont think ill really be driving it much with the supercharger any more as it will be off to get the gearbox changed, the i/c installed and then the turbo + tune. I dont expect ill have my car back for about another month..

BTW scott where did you get your car tuned last time scott and how happy were you with their service and work????

DaveDave:

Ive heard that some people use smoke machines and block off one end and it spits out smoke wherever there is a leak. Also another way may be to submerge it in water..

Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 13:39

DaveDave:

Ive heard that some people use smoke machines and block off one end and it spits out smoke wherever there is a leak. Also another way may be to submerge it in water..

You can also use a solution of water and dishwashing detergent (or any thing that will produce bubbles). Either spray on a thin film with a spray bottle or pour it over the part. Th pouring can be a little tricky if you cant turn the pipe around though. Bubbles should form around the leaks.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wont work real well on a turbo manifold that is searing hot Razz
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, didnt think of that part...
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
best bet would probaly be to seal up each end and submerge it or alternativly fill it with water and see if it leaks out anywhere ?

as if thw hole is small enough there will probaly be enough surface tension to prevetn it from bubbling out.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I havent really driven the car too much as its back at the shop getting its cold start tune fixed and i was also having a problem with when id come into the traffic lights and press the clutch in it would stall so they are looking into fixing that however im sure ill need to bring it back again...

i fixed that problem by opening the bypass screw on the AFM a little.

Quote:

I dont expect ill have my car back for about another month..

do all the work yaself, it gets done much quicker... Razz
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 16:03

or alternativly fill it with water and see if it leaks out anywhere ?

thats how i check for leaks.

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scott I'll send you some better pics later.

A BBQ would sound pretty cool, should be able to make it this time Very Happy

but another idea: toymods and the CCG are having a joint cruise to Jamberoo, Kiama area, beautiful windy roads Very Happy plus the maquarie pass Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy on the 11th of sep. I am cruiseing down for it. you guys should try and make that event specifically, its maybe an hour from sydney.
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

as if thw hole is small enough there will probaly be enough surface tension to prevetn it from bubbling out.

Submerge it in hot water. Sufrace tension of water lowers with increasing temperature. It will also heat up the air inside, increase its energy, and this will increase the force the air can push back with against the water. Wink
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
see she is a smart one Smile

the kiama cruise sounds fantastic would definantly be keen for that.
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK. Who registered aw11oa.com?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 16:10

Quote:

I dont expect ill have my car back for about another month..

do all the work yaself, it gets done much quicker... Razz

that would work if i was using the afm and stock ecu still

and i would do all the work myself but i wouldnt be able to get the car to the tuner once i had finnished as the car wouldnt be suitable to drive with a fuel/ignition map suited to a supercharger plus i dont have a welder and i dont know how to weld so making my own i/c piping is out of the q...

If you were here feral id comission you to do the work Very Happy
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i win lotto i will buy a semi with a fully sik closed in trailer that could be my decked out as my house and a fully sik decked out w/shop.
oh oh... and a hydralic lowering doobie that i can just drive the feral up on so it can be housed in the rear of the trailer... Rolling Eyes Very Happy
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamb131 wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 17:18

class Very Happy
robbrissy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is considered normal idle revs for a stock SC import ?
I am told its stock im really not sure I know enough yet to know for sure.

My recently acquired toy [whose appearance bagged by a few here due to the creative art work by the previous owner Sad ] seems to idle a bit high to me. It idles at around 1300 once its properly warm.

Smile

Its actually in my hot little hands finally.
Big smile after driving it home yesterday.
Updating registration tomorrow.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 August 2005 10:18]

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave,

Any time Guys eyes are open he only looking for one thing......FOOD.....and you know where he gets that from Laughing

Toof,

unfortunately i cant make that run, and yep its SEPTEMBER not August for a get together at my place, the only reason i chose that day was its the last day before i go back to work Sad

4agte,

Glad its back and running, i found about 30-35 % worked best, but its fun to experiment Very Happy

CV Performance in Caringbah (around the corner from where i work) Very Happy did the last tune and i am very happy with the work they did. they did exactly what i asked did all the work in one day. To date they did some work on the IC pipe and did a retune and fixed the idle problem. Con and Vic have been tuning all sorts of race cars for as long as i can remember. they have an excellent setup, dyno and workshop and do everything from basic servicing to full on race motors and pretty well anything you could want fabricated from seat rails to IC pipe etc etc

City Performance (Ezio)did a tune on the car as well, they were quite good but difficult for me to get to but may be closer for you...i think they moved from the city to the North shore.

Wiso,

The Jambaroo cruise sounds good and Macquarie pass is AWESOME Evil or Very Mad

i have not been there in the SC i might whack on the race tyres. For anyone that does not know this is a fantastic piece of road with about 100 odd turns, with some great cambered hairpins etc The surface of the road is like a race track, heaps of bikes frequent this road for a fang.

i used to ride my push bike up and down it for training. Clocked over 90ks an hour many a time on the decent. One day i overtook over 20 cars on the way down, you should have seen the look on the unsuspecting motorists and you go fanging past Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Laughing Laughing

Where are the details and meet times ?

If there is more intrest in this run everyone is more than welcome to meet at my place first on the way down.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robbrissy wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 20:13

What is considered normal idle revs for a stock SC import ?
I am told its stock im really not sure I know enough yet to know for sure.

My recently acquired toy [whose appearance bagged by a few here due to the creative art work by the previous owner Sad ] seems to idle a bit high to me. It idles at around 1300 once its properly warm.

Smile

Its actually in my hot little hands finally.
Big smile after driving it home yesterday.
Updating registration tomorrow.

idle once warm should be ~900rpm. on the throttle body there is a idle adjt screw. (should be under a little rubber stopper/gromet on the drivers side of the 90 degree bend that bolts to the throttle body.

if you havnt already, post a pic!!! Smile
robbrissy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks feral.
Just wanted to verify if it was high or not.

I had posted a link to picture before but it wasnt colour corrected. Here are two more links to colour corrected ones.
I will take a few more pictures once I get my hands on my friends camera again. The image is a little over bright to Smile I had not played with the camera a friend lent me and I probably had it in the wrong mode for outdoor lighting. [which is also why i got the blue colour cast]

http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/9021/toytotamr2mk11986whitesilver01.th.jpg
http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/4690/toytotamr2mk11986whitesilver02.th.jpg

PS. What sort of bribe do you want to give her a bit of a look over ? Point any thing you may notice ? I am not really sure just how far up the coast from Brisbane you are and if thats even feasible. Smile

Rob

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob,

The car looks like its in great condition, glad you have picked one up. The wheels really suit it what size are they ?

As for the colour scheme, well yes it is creative, certainly it wont be mistaken for some of the other two tones.

it has a real JDM feel about it with the different colour spoiler, i think they also did this in the states with the multicoulour bumpers. I have a stack of press release stuff and road reports i will post them up.

Good luck with the car
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robbrissy wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 22:04

PS. What sort of bribe do you want to give her a bit of a look over ? Point any thing you may notice ? I am not really sure just how far up the coast from Brisbane you are and if thats even feasible. Smile

i'm 4 hours away mate, not sure when i will be getting down brissie way, not until the Jamnoree. i dont think i'll get a chance before then.
dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys im selling my NA mr2.

have a look and be nice Very Happy

For Sale
robbrissy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Feral I wasnt thinking of you coming down. Smile
However 4 hours is a bit more than Ill just drive for a day trip.
Especially since the 1/2 hours ive had in the car make my right ankle tired allready. Its quite different driving position to my 1989 MX6 or the Supra I had till last year.

I know the previous owner - guy on Gold Coast had the car for a year and the owner before that had it for 2 years and was involved with importing it.
The person I got it from painted the spoiler and both the mirrors and mirror surrounds the stripes and the roof [roof being black not silver like the rest]. The rims are 16" with 205's all around. The rims have AMG on center if its of any help. I do like his choice in rims Smile

Is it just me or are those clip in covers for the targa tops really quite uhm = cheap =...

Rob
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 20:23

If there is more intrest in this run everyone is more than welcome to meet at my place first on the way down.

Umm scott... http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=77862&start=0&rid=2471&S=a55f4f6ae06 d40e5c0fb72d8df35852b I just looked under cruises and events Rolling Eyes
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 August 2005 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr trim how can you sell your mr2 unless its for a s/c Very Happy Razz

[Updated on: Thu, 18 August 2005 21:40]

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 August 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just got quoted 1300 for my comp insurance... with all mods listed. Score.
dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 August 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Fri, 19 August 2005 01:00

dr trim how can you sell your mr2 unless its for a s/c Very Happy Razz

dr trim wrote on Thurs, 18 August 2005

im selling my NA mr2 to purchase a supercharged mr2.

very first thing in the ad Surprised

kids Very Happy
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 August 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just put a sticker on erins car and it looks schmick.. and it dosent effect rearview visability to boot. in the rearview the space it occupies is below the field of view.. at least for me and erin. it sits over the deck lid and the covers up about half the height of the wing.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/mr2eagle.jpg
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 August 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Fri, 19 August 2005 00:31

GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 20:23

Umm scott... http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=77862&start=0&rid=2471&S=a55f4f6ae06 d40e5c0fb72d8df35852b I just looked under cruises and events Rolling Eyes

Wiso,

I must be totally BLIND Embarassed Very Happy

I hope to be there

Spanktown,

1300 that sounds steep, what is the sum insured and how about noclaim, who was that with ? mind you when i first insured the NA in 1990 it cost me $3000 Shocked Shocked mind you it was insured for $27000 Very Happy

Toof the sticker looks great!! Very Happy , unfortunately did not make it to the bank, will have to be monday.

i still think i want a really big RED NECK version that will cover the whole window or roof.

dr trim,

see my comment on you for sale thread

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 August 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sticker looks mad. Ill buy one for sure.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 August 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 20:00

class Very Happy

errrr... I'll pm you guys Wink
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 August 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miss MR2 wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 16:22

Submerge it in hot water. Sufrace tension of water lowers with increasing temperature. It will also heat up the air inside, increase its energy, and this will increase the force the air can push back with against the water. Wink

I'll give that a go. I have filled it with water and also had submerged it. The main way I was testing it was sealing one end and submerging it, with the open end facing down as to allow water to enter if air could escape.
I'm confident that it's sealed, just not confident it will stay sealed when pressurised at a few hundred degrees.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 August 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Fri, 19 August 2005 20:16

Miss MR2 wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 16:22

I'll give that a go. I have filled it with water and also had submerged it. The main way I was testing it was sealing one end and submerging it, with the open end facing down as to allow water to enter if air could escape.
I'm confident that it's sealed, just not confident it will stay sealed when pressurised at a few hundred degrees.

Dave,

I have an idea how you can pressure test your work of art.

simply get to blanks and bolt them with the gaskets onto each side of the manifold. In one of the blanks put in a schreader valve or something similar and pump it up Very Happy Yuo could use a compressor and just put it in a tank of water and check for air bubbles, you should be able to get it up to 100PSi whch would be more than enough. However if you want to do it hot, well thats going to be a lot more difficult. isuppose you could do it in the oven or similar then use some oil or something like that and check for bubbles in the oily film but thats going to be tough with your head in the oven Laughing Laughing The only way to test it properly is to bolt it on and try it Evil or Very Mad as you are going to be talking about temps wellabove 500 degrees.

Ireally have no idea what pressure exhaust manifolds would run at but i would be surprised if it was over 50 PSI.

Would be keen to know if anyone would have tested anything like this ?
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 August 2005 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 16:10

Hey feral how much did you turn the bypass screw? quarter, half, full turn?? I am experiencing stalling at lights also. Usually after giving it a little

cheers!!

Oh and toof I want a sticker please they look great Is that the official AW11OA club sticker? well it should be....
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 August 2005 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Fri, 19 August 2005 20:10

wiso wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 20:00

class Very Happy

errrr... I'll pm you guys Wink

Whats going on here dudes? I was thinking about putting together a forum or are you guys up to something already?

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 August 2005 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Old: You got an email from me regarding this on the 26th of June Smile
No great plans for the domain, I just registered it for email/webspace sake.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 August 2005 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries mate, although i never saw the email, did you send to old_mr2@hotmail.com?

BTW what are you doing up at this hour? Im at work Sad
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 August 2005 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll forward it to you again.

Mate's were playing tonight with a couple of big name internationals (techno). I didn't hang around for much of the internationals, I'm getting too old for this shit Wink Besides, I've got to take down a server and do a ram upgrade at 10am in the city this morning Confused
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 20 August 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no way, not a ram upgrade! Razz
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 20 August 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Sat, 20 August 2005 02:59

Hey feral how much did you turn the bypass screw? quarter, half, full turn?? I am experiencing stalling at lights also. Usually after giving it a little

by memory i gave it 1/4 a turn and took it for a strap and adjusted if it more if it still stalled out etc. mine too was doing it after a flogging and them pulling up at lights etc., i even got a bounce in the idle sometimes.
the screw operates the amount of air that gets bypassed around the AFM flap, (so it's a AFM air bypass).
i got the impression that when i was 1st backing off for some reason the engine was running too rich and causeing the stall (after it would stutter to stall o would sometimes get some black smoke out the exhaust). opening the bypass allowed more air through past the AFM flap when i backed off (kinda leaning out the idle). it seemed to work and stopped the stall when going back to idle, so i left it how i adjusted it.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 20 August 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool thanks

the reason behind my car beginning to stall is kinda funny. I was running a dodgy air filter setup in the boot. On day my filter fell off so i just had a pipe. A scotch brite scourer that was in my boot got sucked through the pipe, through the afm and made it to the throttle butterfly.

Ever since it has been trying to stall at traffic lights, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt

thanks ill adjust the afm screw tomorrow
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 20 August 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
old_mr2 wrote on Sat, 20 August 2005 22:43

On day my filter fell off so i just had a pipe. A scotch brite scourer that was in my boot got sucked through the pipe, through the afm and made it to the throttle butterfly.

Confused Shocked Sad Smile Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing

somehow now i dont know if that will help... Razz try it though i spose, just remember how many times you turn it.
Pages (84): [ «  <  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 08:27:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.022311925888062 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.