Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MY Racing 221
Regular

August 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 05 September 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice work Scott.

Keep me updated on the Teins. If the price is right, and the CFO allows me, I'd be very keen for a set on the race car.

Cheers
Dave
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 05 September 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 11:52

Thanks for the encouragement.

i have been studying the BC lip again and got some better shots of it.

The centre section is slightly convex and the ends and corners are slightly concave (as is the factory lip) the side plates are actually a fair bit wider as well.

So after seeing ferals pics i am going to make it a bit phatter Very Happy

I am aiming to end up with something more like this:
http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/1198/bkitbuddyclub03ontwotoneorigin.th.jpg

I think the cost is going to be around the $300-$400 mark, it will be a simple paint and bolt on exercise, using all the existing mounting points. I plan on using black getcoat, its specifically developed for automotive use and is a bit more flexible.....just for spoilers Very Happy

Looking at these side skirts i may have a go at making these as well.

woot id be interested in wider side skirts too!! ive got a damaged one of those aswell
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 05 September 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no worries Very Happy

Hey check out the NA with BLING Shocked Laughing fat will be impressed

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5283/napasssidewithbling5fs.th.jpg
also check out this other pic.

Tell me if you notice something strange about it other than the massif wing and spoiler
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3258/gunmetalaw11withmonsterwing8lk.th.jpg

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 05 September 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its n/a with t-tops...

i believe some of the us ones came out with t-tops in n/a but i know for sure they did in japan as i saw a few of them there
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 05 September 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what made you think it was NA ??

Maybe it was but its now 3SGTE, but thats not what i had in mind.

Have a closer look at the pic, there is something weird with the bodywork
MY Racing 221
Regular

August 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 05 September 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No seam / character line along the door/guard. Also no side repeaters Wink
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 05 September 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh yeah it looks ugly Laughing

but i thinks its an n/a engine lid at the back would be interesting trying to get traction with a 3s and the stockies i guess he uses them for his snow tyres
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 05 September 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MY Racing 221 wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 12:08

Nice work Scott.
If the price is right, and the CFO allows me...
Cheers
Dave

Ha Ha classic Dave....
plus just wanted to show off my new avtar
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 05 September 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 15:48

Tell me if you notice something strange about it other than the massif wing and spoiler
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3258/gunmetalaw11withmonsterwing8lk.th.jpg

Man that thing has shit going on all over the joint!
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 05 September 2005 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool, got any pics of it from the front? wanna see what spoiler that is (i got an idea what it is, but wanna be sure). Smile
robbrissy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 05 September 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The ultimate lip....
Gun Metal better take some notes Smile
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/2125/ultimatelip3rg.th.jpg
[its not an aw11 but it does look a bit like one]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 05 September 2005 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

yes and i like, pity they didnt carry it through on the whole car. (though i like the look of the indicator location behind the wheel, i would of put a clear one like mine there).
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 05 September 2005 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 23:12

cool, got any pics of it from the front? wanna see what spoiler that is (i got an idea what it is, but wanna be sure). Smile

yep there was a pic from the front. Bloody ugly IMO, it sort of had a flat section in the middle that was higher than the rest.

i found it on some obsscure european forum....dont like my chances of finding it but will try
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 06 September 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

After much seching here it is Very Happy

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/7569/gunmetaltargawithbigspoiler4bl.th.jpg

Again i really dont like it.... Rolling Eyes
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 06 September 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that poor mr2. that front bar is as ugly as a bucket of smashed crabs.

is anyone going on the mr2 clubs spring run today ?
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 06 September 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robbrissy wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 23:22

The ultimate lip....
Gun Metal better take some notes Smile
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/2125/ultimatelip3rg.th.jpg
[its not an aw11 but it does look a bit like one]

Dont worry Rob i am taking note......what NOT to do Laughing

I know for a fact i have no where near enough fibreglass to do that even if i wanted to Embarassed

its a great bit of kit...i assume those red things poking through the bonnet is the exhaust ? Rolling Eyes Shocked Laughing
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 06 September 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MY Racing 221 wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 16:26

Yep Dave wins the comp Very Happy

I think it looks ok, pity they did not continue the theme on the bumper side of the wheels Razz I still think it may be photochopped tho.

Toof / Miss,

Just got the lip....now i can start my Evil or Very Mad work in earnest !

Appreciate the donation !

Will keep everyone informed, i am going back into the garage NOW !
dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 06 September 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SQUEEKY STEERING WHEEL?!?!?!

it squeeks when i turn it.

i thought it was the plastic surrounding but i had an awkward look and it's not. who has had this problem and fixed it? i dont want to pull things off that i don't have to. otherwise i'll pull the steering wheel then the shroud and grease whatever i can.
MY Racing 221
Regular

August 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 06 September 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr trim wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 14:40

i thought it was the plastic surrounding but i had an awkward look and it's not. who has had this problem and fixed it? i dont want to pull things off that i don't have to. otherwise i'll pull the steering wheel then the shroud and grease whatever i can.

It will be the indicator trip mechanism working against the boss of the steering wheel. Take the wheel off, grease the mechanism (looks kinda like a tiny penis - sorry!)and put it back on. Make sure you put the wheel back on the same spline.

Dave
(ready for the flak - that wasn't meant to sound so bad!)
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 06 September 2005 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 10:18

That's an FX Designs Combat front spoiler. That spoiler shows why I'm not big on the idea of brake ducts in an AW11 spoiler.
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 06 September 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MY Racing 221 wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 13:13

dr trim wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 14:40

Take the wheel off, grease the mechanism (looks kinda like a tiny penis - sorry!)and put it back on.

Perhaps KY Gel would be more appropriate for the lube. Wink

[Updated on: Tue, 06 September 2005 03:55]

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 06 September 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
before you remove the wheel get a punch or similar and mark both the wheel and the spline so its easy to put it back on straight... else you'll be cursing that you put it on crooked...

been there done that i was battling with a crooked steering wheel on the celica for a while.. PITA.

scott: glad to see the bar arrived. like my odd packing arrangment,. i took the bar to work then thought "how on earth am i going to pack this up... two hacked up boxes and half a roll of tape later Razz

the order from twosrus has been postponed i needed a tierod end pronto. i have ordered it from toyota but i will be getting some more stuff from twosrus very soon so to the ppl that msg'd me ill get back to you probaly in the next few weeks if you can hold on.
mighty_boy
Regular

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 06 September 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got the same issue with the steering, although mine sounds kinda further down the shaft like it might be the steering bushes??

do these need to be greased/lubed??

4agte/marty: was that price for that front bar to build or to buy? where abouts can u get it from?
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 06 September 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 13:36

GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 10:18

That's an FX Designs Combat front spoiler. That spoiler shows why I'm not big on the idea of brake ducts in an AW11 spoiler.

Yep i agree, everyone so far has not been a fan of the brake ducts....so they are out Very Happy

mighty boy, do you mean the Buddy club replica i posted up a about a week ago on a red car ?

if so there is a guy in the states making them for about US$200 in the states, so that was about $500 to get it landed. I could not get an original anywhere. There was a guy selling one about 6 months ago wanted $400 for it. so thats why i have decided to make my own.

as i said before if it turns out well and i can make a decent mold i can prob make copies for $300-$400....time will tell.

I have had to make a jig to hold the lip as its very flimsy when its off the car...i am sure toof and miss can confirm this Laughing as i cant glass it on the car.

so its just some final shaping tonight then start glassing the new bits onto the donor lip.

mighty_boy
Regular

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 06 September 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was talking about the BC kit 4agte posted up earlier on the two tone...

either way prices sound pretty good, keep us all posted
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 06 September 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote

as i said before if it turns out well and i can make a decent mold i can prob make copies for $300-$400....time will tell.

Yea!!! Then it's on to the carbon fibre SC engine lids... You'd be a rich man if you were moulding those.
I think i have seen one for about $800.
Should be easy one after a front lip eh scott???
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 06 September 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about some of these....
http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h2917 6450

currently about $50... w/about $600 postage Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 06 September 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mighty_boy wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 17:24

was talking about the BC kit 4agte posted up earlier on the two tone...

either way prices sound pretty good, keep us all posted

????? bc kit do you mean the rookie bodykit??? if not how many pages ago was it>..
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 06 September 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bc=buddy club
mighty_boy
Regular

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 06 September 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 12:43

GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 11:52

Thanks for the encouragement.

i have been studying the BC lip again and got some better shots of it.

The centre section is slightly convex and the ends and corners are slightly concave (as is the factory lip) the side plates are actually a fair bit wider as well.

So after seeing ferals pics i am going to make it a bit phatter Very Happy

I am aiming to end up with something more like this:
http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/1198/bkitbuddyclub03ontwotoneorigin.th.jpg

I think the cost is going to be around the $300-$400 mark, it will be a simple paint and bolt on exercise, using all the existing mounting points. I plan on using black getcoat, its specifically developed for automotive use and is a bit more flexible.....just for spoilers Very Happy

Looking at these side skirts i may have a go at making these as well.

woot id be interested in wider side skirts too!! ive got a damaged one of those aswell

sorry, i meant the above post that gun metal had written and then 4agte had quoted Razz
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 06 September 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dudes to all you newcastle boys,

after the run with toymods on sun 11th I am heading back past sydney to stay with my mate out at salamander bay. I'll be there from sunday afternoon to wednesday morning, would be cool if I could meet up with some of you guys during that time, head into newy for a bbq or something, cause my mate doesn't go bbq's, I love them.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 07 September 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamb131 wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 18:42

GUN METAL 87 SC wrote

Yea!!! Then it's on to the carbon fibre SC engine lids... You'd be a rich man if you were moulding those.
I think i have seen one for about $800.
Should be easy one after a front lip eh scott???

I think you are right Mad this is taking a lot longer than iwas expecting. but yes i allready have plans for some carbon fibre stuff and an engine lid sounds like a good place to start...then its on to a bonnet and some IC pipes....i am going to need some help with this one Martin !

BTW Adam what is the car in your avatar and have you put on the HKS pulley yet ?
MY Racing 221
Regular

August 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 07 September 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamb131 wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 23:04

Now THAT's what I'm talking about!

Very nice. Do you know what brand they are?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 07 September 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw these on there the other day. expect them for go for around Y30,000 at least thats what all thwe other aw11 sets ive seen go for around.

wiso: im going to be in sydney with the mr2 club on the sunday the 11th not going on the kiama cruise but on the spring cruise with the mr2 club.

both are southern sydneyish and we will be coming back that afternoon.
perhaps a BBQ monday or tuesday night. actually tuesday is better ? im always happy to BBQ at my place assuming its not raining. else the pub is always good.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 07 September 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and my new tie rod end sghould be here tomorrow and hence im booked up for a wheel alignment on friday...

settings people.
dave: i heard rumours you had some brilliant alignment setup ??

i need soemthing that is suitable for mostly sprited daily driving and good when i get it out in the hills.
MY Racing 221
Regular

August 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 07 September 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Wed, 07 September 2005 14:10

i need soemthing that is suitable for mostly sprited daily driving and good when i get it out in the hills.

I've got a setup that works for me (that's my disclaimer if you don't like it Wink)- good tyre wear and good performance. I can't remember the settings off the top of my head, I'll see if I can get them for you by Friday.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 07 September 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MY Racing 221 wrote on Wed, 07 September 2005 11:57

adamb131 wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 23:04

Now THAT's what I'm talking about!

Very nice. Do you know what brand they are?

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH Mad Mad Mad

For some reason i cant open it Mad

can some one tell me what it is and post some pics

Thanks
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 07 September 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah nw scott when i get my s/c back together ill bolt over to say gday and meet the new mr2 mascot Wink
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 07 September 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Wed, 07 September 2005 13:56

For some reason i cant open it Mad

They banned you from Japan Scott because you have to many bolt-on toys already.... Laughing

Oh.. and Scott... did get the HKS... all fine... will go on when SC gets back from the car-aligner Confused
'bout $1200-1500 to get my car so the engine and boot lid don't crunch into each other after that slight tree incident also will properly fix the Japanese damage that I also spotted since I got the car... looks like it's been walled at some point so will be happy with the knowledge that my chassis is all nice and straight.

Maybe should get them to weld a couple of train tracks up the length of the underside of the car. Not looking forward to driving with the flex of the T-top chassis after last 12 months in the sunroofed NA... but looking forward to 50% more power... and LSD antics... Evil or Very Mad

Oh yeah... avatar story: I took this photo while at the toyota motor museum in Nagoya Japan. Cant really remember the details of the car but i think it was an early 80's le mans entry... could be wrong tho'... The real 1st Midship toyota... ha ha. would have liked these in production.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 September 2005 08:16]

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 07 September 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamb131 wrote on Wed, 07 September 2005 18:11

but looking forward to 50% more power... and LSD antics... Evil or Very Mad

guess what i found yesterday... a brand new carpark with almost white pavers... unchirstened.. once i get the SC going again off to christen the car park Razz
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 07 September 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not that i, toymods, the mr2 club, toyota or the reptilian space pope condone this behviour Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 07 September 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Wed, 07 September 2005 18:30

not that i, toymods, the mr2 club, toyota or the reptilian space pope condone this behviour Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

neither do i make sure you get it on video Laughing Laughing
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 07 September 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam,

Thanks for the info, but just for your info i have the stockies on my SC ATM...sideways is my middle name Laughing Laughing

NOW WHAT WAS THAT JAP EBAY STUFF.....PLEASE !!!! Very Happy

Got the first layer of glass on the lip today, its turning out pretty well, hope to post some pics Thursday. All things going well hope to have another layer on it and sanded back and in undercoat by sunday
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 07 September 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img161.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/3/9/7/3/dadaji724-img600x450-1125934656sn310018.jpg
http://img161.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/3/9/7/3/dadaji724-img600x450-1125934644sn310017.jpg
http://img161.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/3/9/7/3/dadaji724-img600x450-1125934668sn310019.jpg

coiloverlicious
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 07 September 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof,

Where are they from ?

Was that on the jap ebay ???????????

are you sure they are AW11 as they only have 3 studs on one pair ?

sure they are not MRS ?? anyway whay brand are they and how much ?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 07 September 2005 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Quote:

It is set of racing gear height pitch and the swift spring. It becomes the used item, but travelling of height pitch the fading of 7000KM and spring 2000KM, has become the commodity which does not have coming out. Height pitch is 5 gradual attenuation power adjustment system. A little, there is the rust, but being to be the cleaning being completed of all バラシ very it is clean. This time, 4 we clear from 1 set 4000 Yen, after the bidding successfully one or Yahoo which can designate transfer as within 1 week! The can it is it is, only the person who can use liquidation asks bid may. Dispatch basically becomes cash on arrival, but original payment desired one rides in consultation. * The height pitch wrench being not to belong asks preparation may with the car supply store or the car shop. When something there is a thing which is not understood, we ask to Q & A. Renewal being completed: September 6th 1:31 The spring is front 4 kilometers and rear 8 kilometers.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 September 2005 13:09]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 07 September 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

The spring is front 4 kilometers and rear 8 kilometers

hahah big springs
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 07 September 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice one toof... you gotta love the translation software.

Questions re my Avatar inspired me to make up a page of my day at the toyota motor museum last year. Some good info on old school Jap.

Check it out... http://www.users.on.net/~adamb131/tmm.htm
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 07 September 2005 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw a couple of those toyota 7's racing arround on the Fuji Speedway which is Toyota's racetrack
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 07 September 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Wed, 07 September 2005 22:47

Scott what the hell??? Surprised you should know that on the fronts the aw11 has 4 studs but the rear only has 3 Razz
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 07 September 2005 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Wed, 07 September 2005 23:08

Quote:

It is set of racing gear height pitch and the swift spring. It becomes the used item, but travelling of height pitch the fading of 7000KM and spring 2000KM, has become the commodity which does not have coming out. Height pitch is 5 gradual attenuation power adjustment system. A little, there is the rust, but being to be the cleaning being completed of all バラシ very it is clean. This time, 4 we clear from 1 set 4000 Yen, after the bidding successfully one or Yahoo which can designate transfer as within 1 week! The can it is it is, only the person who can use liquidation asks bid may. Dispatch basically becomes cash on arrival, but original payment desired one rides in consultation. * The height pitch wrench being not to belong asks preparation may with the car supply store or the car shop. When something there is a thing which is not understood, we ask to Q & A. Renewal being completed: September 6th 1:31 The spring is front 4 kilometers and rear 8 kilometers.

WTF Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing so are these for an AW11 or what ?????? and what would the $ really convert to get them landed.....SERIOUSLY Laughing Laughing Laughing
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 07 September 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
current bidding is 30,000Yen about $350AU. with 3 days bidding left.

youll need an agent in japan. importbitz should be able to do it. cant reccomend my guy ive sourced stuff through as ive completly lost faith in his ability to do anything useful
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 07 September 2005 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Wed, 07 September 2005 23:31

GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Wed, 07 September 2005 22:47

Scott what the hell??? Surprised you should know that on the fronts the aw11 has 4 studs but the rear only has 3 Razz

Man......you are well right !!!!!......what have i been smoking ???? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Its all that bloody acetone and resin i have been inhaling the last few days.....i seemed to have lost waaaaaaay to many brain cells....not that i had any spare anyway.

It may also have something to do with the fact that i have looked at about 1000 sets of coil overs over the last couple of weeks.......BUT NONE OF THEM WERE FOR AW11S Mad Mad Mad Mad
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 07 September 2005 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Wed, 07 September 2005 18:29

adamb131 wrote on Wed, 07 September 2005 18:11

but looking forward to 50% more power... and LSD antics... Evil or Very Mad

guess what i found yesterday... a brand new carpark with almost white pavers... unchirstened.. once i get the SC going again off to christen the car park Razz

WHERE is the secret carpark? Oh do tell...

Also, why is the SC off the road? Stop tinkering with it!!!
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 07 September 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the ball joint in the left rear tie rod pretty much collapsed so i had to wait to get said part then i put it in last night. wheel alignment tomorrow Smile

and no telling where the carpark is until i christen it Razz
db__
Regular

August 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 08 September 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WSID last night;

There was an AW11 running a 20v turbo setup, was running in the 12's Shocked
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 08 September 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool but the 2nd fastest rwd turbo under 2400cc on street tyres car is an aw11 it runs 10.66 street registered
MY Racing 221
Regular

August 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 08 September 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

oh and my new tie rod end sghould be here tomorrow and hence im booked up for a wheel alignment on friday...

settings people.

Ok - managed to get my settings.

Disclaimer - these work for me! You may or may not like the feel of this, but I get great performance and good tyre wear. I regularly check the tyres and make small changes to the alignment based on tyre wear.

Front: Camber -1.5deg, Total toe 1mm out
Rear: Camber -2.5deg, Total toe 4mm in

Hope this helps
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 08 September 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MY Racing 221 wrote on Thu, 08 September 2005 12:00

settings people.

Ok - managed to get my settings.

Disclaimer - these work for me! You may or may not like the feel of this, but I get great performance and good tyre wear. I regularly check the tyres and make small changes to the alignment based on tyre wear.

Front: Camber -1.5deg, Total toe 1mm out
Rear: Camber -2.5deg, Total toe 4mm in

I can vouch for these settings on both cars Very Happy Very Happy great on the road.

But i would like to try a bit more neg the next time i take it on the track Evil or Very Mad

Hope this helps

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 08 September 2005 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
any suggestions for front castor ?
Pages (84): [ «  <  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:33:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.024435997009277 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.