Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 08 September 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bear in mind that rear strut inclination will change things as well. The further you bring the bottom of the strut back, the more "anti squat" you will have in the rear geometry (I think).
  Send a private message to this user    
MY Racing 221
Regular

August 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 08 September 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Thu, 08 September 2005 14:16

any suggestions for front castor ?

Factory setting is fine - can't remember it. Have never really had any problems with the caster on my AW11s over 10ish years. Don't think I've ever needed to adjust it. Others may be different though. Smile

The wheel alignment place should have a big book with all factory settings in it.

Dave
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 08 September 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the guy i goto is generally a bit hard to get into as he is usually doing rally car prep work. does a top job too. as opposed to the usual "yeah it goes in a kinda straight line" style alignment.

the last time i got him to do the alignment on the na he suggested some settings which i forgot to write down but they feel pretty nice. not as much camber as you are suggesting though,
MY Racing 221
Regular

August 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 08 September 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool, if you are happy with the settings, maybe stick with them. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

On the other hand, you never never know, if you never never go! Laughing
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 08 September 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dooooods,

couple more pics of the lip, hope to finish glassing it tonight

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/9629/toofslipday44ih.th.jpg
Donated lip...thanks toof and miss Very Happy

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/332/liponsctop5yc.th.jpg

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/2561/lipfromside5kp.th.jpg

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/8692/lipwithglassbright5yj.th.jpg
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 08 September 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it just me or is that lip *very* low... ie illegally low ? or is the back end jacked up or something ? or is it unsecured in the middle ?

id be keen to try out some different setting on there as im not entierly happy with the way the SC handles. esp on slightly dodgy surface. the front oriented brake bias is a positive but i would like it to be a little more responsive in the front. the back is pretty tight and controllable but the front lets go and understeers a little too early esp if you duck into somehthing very tight.

i suspect this has something to do with the tyres ive got there atm. Goodyear Revspec RS-02's.... dont buy them. good in the wet but lousy in the dry,.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 08 September 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice scott, i like it, but didn''t the centre bit on the buddy club sit back in a bit further?

by the looks of those pics the car is up at the rear, hence the low look
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 08 September 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Thu, 08 September 2005 12:16

any suggestions for front castor ?

run maximum caster
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 08 September 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Thu, 08 September 2005 13:09

is it just me or is that lip *very* low... ie illegally low ? or is the back end jacked up or something ? or is it unsecured in the middle ?.

Nope its just my driveway slopes down into the garage, in that pic i was just checking i could still get the car in and out Very Happy

the lowest part of the lip is only 15mm lower than the stock lip, its just the crappy driveway makes it look very low Evil or Very Mad
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 08 September 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Thu, 08 September 2005 13:21

nice scott, i like it, but didn''t the centre bit on the buddy club sit back in a bit further?

The centre section sits about 10mm behind the end sections, It just does not seem to photgraph very well with the matt surfaces
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 08 September 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it sits about 15mm lower than standard ther goes my ability to park over gutters Confused the scock one just clears by 5mm
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 08 September 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Thu, 08 September 2005 13:39

if it sits about 15mm lower than standard ther goes my ability to park over gutters Confused the scock one just clears by 5mm

You should NOT be parking over gutters anyway Very Happy

Seriously tho most people lower the car usually around 30mm some even as far as 50-60mm , so in the scheme of things i thought 15mm was a good compromise, should be the same as the Buddy Club

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 08 September 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my standard one scrapes horribly on my driveway as is just means that ill have to set up some ramps to drive into my car port
mighty_boy
Regular

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 08 September 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Thu, 08 September 2005 14:05

my standard one scrapes horribly on my driveway....

along with ur mates cars, hehe
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 09 September 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok guys. bbq at my place tuesday night give me a call if you are coming and ill give you the addy.

0412 352522
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 09 September 2005 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet I'll be there Laughing I am kinda the reason its happening though Rolling Eyes Very Happy I'll igve you a buzz when I am up there, and be prepared to give me some directions I got lost in newy last time Laughing
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 09 September 2005 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
see you there geezers....
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 09 September 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you should have seen how lost feral got trying to find my place Razz he almost ended up back on the freeway *out* of newcastle.
robbrissy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 10 September 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toof,
Was it you bidding on those MRS rims a few weeks back on ebay and if so did you get em ? Smile

Rob
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 10 September 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*gulp* Confused

lol, nah I have an good sense of direction Rolling Eyes it was my mate who got lost, I was the one who got him unlost Very Happy
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 10 September 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When feral was in Newy i spotted him cruising down hunter street, on my way to work. I could not believe my eyes Shocked Shocked Shocked The feral in the flesh OMG

I chased him and we chatted up at the foreshore.

I got to work 30 minutes late told them i ran out of fuel. Suckers Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 10 September 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Sat, 10 September 2005 12:55

lol, nah I have an good sense of direction Rolling Eyes it was my mate who got lost, I was the one who got him unlost Very Happy

i used to have a great sense of direction and take directions of how to get to/find a place really well.
since my comma my sense of direction like that is totaly screwed up. Mad

old, yes i was soooo wrapped that you did spot me. Smile
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 10 September 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ARGGGHH WHY DOES TOYOTA FEEL THE NEED TO PUNNISH ME!!!! AGRRRHH F*$%ING TENSIONER!!!!!!!
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 10 September 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man,

you need to RRRRRREEEEEEELLLLLLAAAAAAXXXXXXXX Very Happy

Whats going on with the tensioner ??? is it for the SC ??

Atleast your skin is not full of fibreglass, lungs full of resin and acetone and the house full of dust !! Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

I tell you what this lip better turn out bloody fantastic or i will be less than happy Mad

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 10 September 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive had to make up a new bolt for the tensioner as the original one was stripped the first one i made bent somehow and the belt was still slipping so i took it out and ive made a new one and bought a new belt now somehow the nut end of the bolt has slipped off and moved down the thread so i am going to weld it on and try my luck..

The 4agze supercharger system was just not made with people with big hands in mind trying to get the bolt in and out is just painfull in the literal sense and i cant find my magnet pen and just to top it all off the new rachet set i bought the other week i broke the rachet argghh!!!

So to ease my pain i bought a new torque wrench a bit of retail therapy
Hodgo
Regular

August 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 10 September 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yay! dyno mon night gonna hit tripple figures this time for sure.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 10 September 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok boys and girls, i got my new ghetto heat exchanger mounted up and plumbed in tonight. though i cant tell if my pump is circulating right.. Mad

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/913/newheatexmounted16cs.th.jpghttp://img355.imageshack.us/img355/2476/newheatexmounted23ml.th.jpg
hopefully i might have time to pop rivet a sheet of aluminium to the underside brackets to direct all the air that comes though the heat exchanger up through the radiator and out the bonnet vent.

now i gotta build this damn front spoiler and paint it by friday so i can take it to the club display at the Jamboree.

mmmmm... chiks hot chiks mate Evil or Very Mad ..
robbrissy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 10 September 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 20:55

idle once warm should be ~900rpm. on the throttle body there is a idle adjt screw. (should be under a little rubber stopper/gromet on the drivers side of the 90 degree bend that bolts to the throttle body.

if you havnt already, post a pic!!! Smile

I got to trying this today finally.
Turn screw one way she idles higher thinking cool lets go other way... Uhm she no go other way she seems to be as far as she can go and idles at 1300.

Rob.

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 10 September 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral its looking good Very Happy

You have to have it ready for the chicks... no bundy or beer for you till its finished Laughing Laughing Laughing

well my lip is coming along nicely, finished all the glassing and started with the bog to get it all nice and level.

My bog skills are very poor indeed. I have put on nearly 1kg and reckon i have sanded off 75 % of it Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Its still many hours of angle grinding, orbital and hand sanding and more bog before i start doing any painting...that will be the easy part.

will post some more pics once i have it in primer.

At this stage i reckon i want at least $1000 bucks each for these puppies...very labour intensive indeeeeeeed.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 10 September 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

You have to have it ready for the chicks...

all i need to have ready for the hot chicks is the camera and maybe some lollies.... Evil or Very Mad Laughing

Quote:

My bog skills are very poor indeed. I have put on nearly 1kg and reckon i have sanded off 75 % of it

i found after i mixed and put it on (try to get a light pink mixture so it dont go off too quick) well anyways, i found it easier to shape/sand the bog before it actualy went off.

Quote:

At this stage i reckon i want at least $1000 bucks each for these puppies...very labour intensive indeeeeeeed.

making the plug and then the mold are the most expensive and labour intensive parts, once the mold is done its very easy.

robbrissy, whats your base timing set at?
robbrissy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 10 September 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Sat, 10 September 2005 23:31

robbrissy, whats your base timing set at?

I havent the faintest notion. Smile

I think ill just get the garage to have a look when i bring her there. Ive been taking assorted cars to the shop in Milton for years now there a generally a good bunch of guys.

Robin
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 11 September 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOHOOOO all fixed im missing a fair bit of skin but its nice to be hitting 8psi again instead of 5psi with no squealing!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Now i have to book the car in to get it checked on the dyno to make sure its not pinging scott are c & v open on saturdays at all???
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 11 September 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
argghhh it never ends with this car my speedo has stopped working its allways been a bit wobbly at low speeds but i think it might have broken at the gearbox end how did you get this fixed scott and how much did it cost???
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 11 September 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you pulled the 90 degree dogleg bit off to see if it's just the little pin that runs the speedo drive?
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 11 September 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spotted this on ebay.
Cheap N/A AW11 Import in sydney,interesting colour scheme,needs a few minor repairs but looks like a potential bargain in the right hands ?
Here is your chance to pick up another AW11 cheap Feral Wink

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;item=4573940640&indexURL=1#ebayphotohosting
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 11 September 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Sun, 11 September 2005 16:41

have you pulled the 90 degree dogleg bit off to see if it's just the little pin that runs the speedo drive?

nahh not yet will get arround to it later in the week was just curious what it cost scott to fix...
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 11 September 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is why you don't let your girlfriend drive your car:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~t.kowalik/AW11_SC_87_broken_front.jpg
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 11 September 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holy sh*t!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

you dont have much luck with the mr2s do you mate

edit: what did she hit???

there is a cheap one on ebay that you could transplant the gze gear into

[Updated on: Sun, 11 September 2005 07:54]

Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 11 September 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
She hit a Mirage.

I am getting some quotes on repairs at the moment.

Most of the panels I have on the wreck. Bumper and spoiler are the only bits that are no good...

The main problem is that there is some pretty heavy damage to the frunk - I have no idea what that will cost.

Edit: I really dont want a conversion job. If I have to replace this car it will be with another SC. If it werent for the fact that she trashed my car I would have considered buying that one for her Sad (i recon itll sell for $3000 ish tho).

[Updated on: Sun, 11 September 2005 08:01]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 11 September 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
atleast you should get some awesome makeup sex if thats any concilation Wink

[Updated on: Sun, 11 September 2005 08:18]

superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 11 September 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Starfire wrote on Sun, 11 September 2005 17:50

Bahh, that's just a scratch ! Box on.

Seriously that is a f#cking shame,does not look too bad though and it looks like she drove it home ok ?
MR2 Rule No.1 --- Never ever ever let a female drive your 2 !!!
Err unless of course it is Miss MR2.
(Whoops nearly forgot)
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 11 September 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Sun, 11 September 2005 17:50

nahh not yet will get arround to it later in the week was just curious what it cost scott to fix...

your problem may not be the same though, start looking for the cheap fix first is what i do. but hey, thats just me. Wink

Damn, anyone wanna loan me a few grand to buy another 2.... Rolling Eyes
(cheers for the link Neil, but i currently owe WAY more than my current earning allow my to owe). Sad

Starfire, damn man. Sad thats gotta have some nasty bent bits.
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 11 September 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
superaw11 wrote on Sun, 11 September 2005 21:43

Starfire wrote on Sun, 11 September 2005 17:50

Bahh, that's just a scratch ! Box on.

Seriously that is a f#cking shame,does not look too bad though and it looks like she drove it home ok ?
MR2 Rule No.1 --- Never ever ever let a female drive your 2 !!!
Err unless of course it is Miss MR2.
(Whoops nearly forgot)

This is why I dont let my girlfriend drive my car either Laughing

Really sorry to see it, its heartbreaking to see one like that Crying or Very Sad
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 11 September 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn star fire, if you wanna fix it it could be pretty expensive, my accident in the red one wasn't quiet that bad, but the price to fix was about $7000 in parts alone, and some parts you can't get anymore (sure you have most parts already), labour was gonna be about another $5000. thats why they just threw $5000 at me and said 'shut up an piss off' Wink
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 11 September 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Sun, 11 September 2005 21:47

Damn, anyone wanna loan me a few grand to buy another 2.... Rolling Eyes
(cheers for the link Neil, but i currently owe WAY more than my current earning allow my to owe).

Yep i can relate to that matey Sad

Otherwise I would be all over that car like "stink on a monkey" !!! Wink

Ohh and Miss MR2, I am glad you agree. Shocked

[Updated on: Sun, 11 September 2005 12:14]

Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 11 September 2005 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I actually drove it home - I had to remove all of the shrouds under the wheel arch as they were rubbing on the wheel and pull the bumper/quarter out a bit for clearance.

The structural components of the chassis appear intact and it drives ok.

Yes I do have most of the parts needed thanks to my other unfortunate affair with the other car. The panel beater even recons that they can fix up the old bumper.

There is a fair amount of damage to the radiator support, frunk and headlight mount tho...

Will get some quotes on monday and see where I go from there. I hope it's not a write off - I just really couldnt take the loss of another MR2 this year.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 11 September 2005 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Sun, 11 September 2005 17:50

feral4mr2 wrote on Sun, 11 September 2005 16:41

I dont think scott has his fixed yet. My speedo doesnt work either, or my tacho Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Laughing

I have narrowed it down to the cable as the speedo doesnt move with a drill attached to gearbox end. Also with it attached to gearbox, I had the instrument cluster out and the other end of the cable wasnt spinning while driving.

But!? I pulled the cable out and its fine all the way...? Im going to try gresing up the cable and putting it back in. Maybe that'll help

4agte have a search on mr2oc.com "speedo cable" and there are some good results

Feral, how did you manage to wiggle the 90 deg elbow out? (saw ur post on mr2oc.com) I couldnt get it out kept hitting rear wall!!!! and my fingers were very sore afterwards Crying or Very Sad I guess i just have to keep wiggling Wink

Oh and Starfire sorry to here bout your 87. Good luck with the fix up....
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 11 September 2005 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrmmm.. it was back in 99 and i just 'wiggled' it out. i am certain that i didnt have to do anything other than reverse it up on my ramps and got it out.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 11 September 2005 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers for the help feral and old ill have a look on mr2oc and have a cract at it one evening soo annoying after fixing up one annoying thing another one pops us
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 12 September 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry guys postponment on the bbq. wiso cant make and i my week has become suddely insane. another time guys
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 12 September 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 12 September 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Mon, 12 September 2005 20:08

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

???????
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 12 September 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dooods,

I have had the worst weekend felt like crap so no update on the lip, sorry to have missed the toymods run how was it Wiso ?

starfire, every time i see another bent 2 makes me feel worse, sorry to see your second one damaged...very upsetting Crying or Very Sad
but like you said at least you should have enough bits to fix it up.

Martins, Speedo issues Laughing Laughing Laughing get over it.....you just dont need it Laughing Laughing

it cost like $ 120 in parts the mechanic was nice enough to do it for free....only prob was it only lasted like 2 ks Laughing Laughing

i am sure i posted this before but in order of thing you should check:

1) disconnect speed at gearbox, check that there is the spline on the speedo cable.

2) spin the speedo cable anti clockwise, you should be able to spin it fast enough by hand to register, you can use a drill but it will have to be a reversible one Razz it it registers then unfortunately its in the gearbox Crying or Very Sad

3) If it still does not register then you are in for some fun, pull off the dash and repeat 2 and see if the other end of the cable is spinning if not its the cable otherwise its in the cluster ,you can also check this by hand once its removed....i should have taken some pics when i did this last time.

4)Ther are actually about 5 different parts that can break in the box itself so you will have to pull off the dogleg and start there.

5) if its not in the dog leg then out comes the BOX...thats where i am at the moment...and for my money its just not worth pullin out a perfectly good gearbox...perfect syncros etc perfect clutch etc just to fix the speedo.

Do a search on this thread i posted some pics of the shaft that was broken and subsequently replaced.

it would appear something in the box is out of alignment and breaking the weakest part

From what i have read thse boxes are renowned for breaking the speedo components. The later versions use an electronic output and a different gear drive to overcome this problem.

Also after all the crap selling the NA and deals falling through i put up the price Very Happy

Anyway a guy comes over tonight has a quick look over it, like about 10seconds and says yep i will take it for 8K with the stock wheels (with the 18 year old rubber) and without the stereo...so what do i do sell it or what ???????

Anyone want an amp and some Bazooka Bass Reflex Subs ?? they work a treat !! PM me some offers before i put them up generally.

I am going to be stripping out the interior of mine anyway...never really liked the blue interior...its only going to get it the way of the CAGE Evil or Very Mad

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/3063/sub3vp.th.jpg
http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/5757/amp8yq.th.jpg

Also i like the look of that NA on ebay looks like it could be ok bit hard to tell from the pics but i like the paint scheme its so JDM i would prefer only Gun metal and black on the top surfaces tho
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 12 September 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone in Syd want to go check this car out for me?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;a mp;item=4573940640&indexURL=1#ebayphotohosting

I'd be interested to know just how bad the damage is and the details of the car (import approval and other paperwork).

Edit: after fixing my SC I would still have enough parts left on the other car to get this one repaired and roadworthy (depending on how bad the damage is of course).

Cheers,

Terry.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 September 2005 10:47]

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 12 September 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
starfire,

No worries i am happy to have a look at it for you.

I am having trouble with my ebay account can you send me the contact dtails and i will sus it out for you.

I also have an idea for you i just have to find the link and the pics
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 12 September 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Seller's payment instructions
PLEESE CONTACT ME ON JOHN PH 0417320681 FOR FUTHER PAYMENT DETAILS"
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 12 September 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This would be perfect for you starfire....who says you need a windscreen anyway Very Happy
[img=http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/5729/thefi atx19homepage4ql.jpg]

bloody links...try this

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/5893/thefiatx19 homepage1zc.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 12 September 2005 11:54]

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 12 September 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Starfire wrote on Mon, 12 September 2005 21:25

"Seller's payment instructions
PLEESE CONTACT ME ON JOHN PH 0417320681 FOR FUTHER PAYMENT DETAILS"

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Sorry i am such a noooooob, i should go back to bed NOW.

i will give him a call
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 12 September 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scott the criuse was awsome, I loved the twisties, but I couldn't go no where near as fast as I wanted to, too many slow cars infront Mad Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 12 September 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Quote:

artins, Speedo issues get over it.....you just dont need it

thanks for all the info scott ill pull it apart this weekend. If it turns out to be the gearbox i will first cry then buy a apex rev speed meter i aint pulling that gearbox out for anything less than something terminal!!!!!!!!!

i have a feeling its the cable as the speedo needle has allways wobbled at low speed and when i first put it into the first s/c gearbox i had alot of trouble with it... anyways time will tell

[Updated on: Mon, 12 September 2005 13:05]

Pages (84): [ «  <  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:12:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.017127990722656 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.