Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 17 November 2004 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Wed, 17 November 2004 18:54

Is it just me or am i the only one who isnt a fan of the sc tail lights?

The ones which were on there had been covered by 16 coats of spray tint - You can have them if you want......
  Send a private message to this user    
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 17 November 2004 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no way, the SC lights loooook so much better than the aussie ones!
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 17 November 2004 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grey ones look heaps better than blue ones Smiley =
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 17 November 2004 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ones that currently drive are way better than ones that dont Razz! haha biyaatch

[Updated on: Wed, 17 November 2004 23:34]

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 17 November 2004 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing

yep, missing my two already and it hasn't even been off the road a week.
It's sitting in the corner of a panel shop at the moment, wheels on so it can be rolled around if needed, but no axles or anything connected. I dropped in for a bit more of a tinker on tuesday night and it's already hell dirty from the work in the panel shop, the poor little thing.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 November 2004 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anyone noticed that the aus spec tailights are extremely similar to the ones on our '87 corolla sedan? I crack up evry time i see one.

Bummer clown i hope all you have to do is replace the belt. John harris at nevo might have a part number for the belt. Or im sure someone will know. Feral will actually. He knows everything Twisted Evil

Hey toof any word on the arival of your SC?
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 November 2004 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon that without the wing the back of the 2 looks bare...i dont like it (my opinion anyway)

clown that sux mate. hope you can fix it soon!!

i went down to the drags last night and had a great time a ran a best time of 15.11, only mods are a pod filter and catback exhaust.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 November 2004 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah waiting on talking to feral. Haven't been home to talk to him though.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 November 2004 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hah, we all nag feral with msn, its great!
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 November 2004 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Wilson wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 08:34

The ones which were on there had been covered by 16 coats of spray tint - You can have them if you want......

Thats cool man Laughing i got a sweet pair of my own.

Ive put the sc ones on my car to see what it looks like and i just dont like them. Im going to sell the sc ones.

Clown: Sorry to hear it man. At least it wont be off the road for that long.

Oh, and i think white ones look better Razz

[Updated on: Thu, 18 November 2004 05:30]

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 November 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is now 4 aw11's in my suburb. and there used to be a red aw11 up my street that was converted to SC and tuned by BD4's.... so thats 3 SC aw11s and 1 NA in my suburb.... they are multiplying.

2 Blue
2 White
1 Red
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 November 2004 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Clown, sorry to hear about your blow out. Just think, it will back better than ever.

and Old MR2- we are expecting it at the end of the month. Cant Wait!
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 November 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah end of the month i should not only have my car but all my *stuff* upgraded brakes, exhausts, new front lip, new boss kit so i can *finally* fit the momo wheel ive had here since june, set of 4 genuine toyota GZE platinum plugs for $40 !!! umm yeah and general stuff bits and pieces.
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 November 2004 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys. I saw a red AW in my street at work today in Wickham... anyone from here?
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 November 2004 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 10:32

Feral will actually. He knows everything Twisted Evil

lol, i wish.. Twisted Evil

Clown, should be a 5PK980 belt needed for the cusco pulley.

we have 5 AW11's here in bundy now. i was the only one for 2 years before the red one turned up, then the blue one and then the other white one. there is a black wingless one here just recently, but i havnt met the owner (have seen him though).

http://upload.3sgtemr2.com/upload/feralbundyaw11club.jpg

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 November 2004 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used to cruise around a bit with a mate in his Red n/a aw11. Love cruising around with other aw11's.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 November 2004 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They're 4 very hot looking twos!!!

Nice one Bundaberg!
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 18 November 2004 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Wilson wrote on Wed, 17 November 2004 08:40

Wiso - My old wing is sitting in a mates backyard in Duffy, you can have it if you want.

Wingless all the way.

Dude for real, thanks, I will take up that offer, I am actually out of canberra for 2 weeks on holiday, up near newcastle, I'll be in contact when I get back to canberra.
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 November 2004 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries, I'll be there on the weekend, I'll grab it then.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 November 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Old_mr2 I have never noticed it said you live in newcastle, You just shot past me in my 2 before. is there much of a criuse scene there on friday nights? do you ever go out in it? or is it not worth coming back in to check it out?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 November 2004 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cruise seen is too many bogans in commodores, rice boys in lancers Sad that said id been keen to go out for a drive tonight if other 2 ppl will ? im sure erin will come out.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 November 2004 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I find just cruising, pointless and boring. Sure its ok if you are actually driving somewhere to do something, but just driving around at the speed limit as like every other day is extremely boring! You gota have a track day, or have some runs, or atleast a bit of spirited driving! None of this commogay all in a line style cruise!
db__
Regular

August 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 November 2004 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys,

just wanted to past here... i hope to be an owner of an AW11 in the next few months!

selling the old sx corolla, hoping to find an SC model in good condition soon.

Love the pics guys!
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 November 2004 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys, im thinking about getting a sparco sprint bucket seat for my 2.... but i do you guys know much about buckets, as in will it be much lower than my stock seat (only real reason im getting it) and can you get more than 1 size, cause my arse isnt japanese size!
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 November 2004 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a sparco sprint as my computer chair at home Laughing
All i have to say is they are waaaaay comfy! Im about 176cm and when i sit in mine its pretty much level with my head at the top.

But why go with a fixed seat man? you can get all sorts of other ones. By that i mean adjustable, that are pretty cheap.

I have to admit, i think the seats in the two are pretty good for standard.

db: good luck with it man. Im sure if you need any info than this is the place to ask with so many of us now that have done engine swaps, upgrades and the like.

[Updated on: Fri, 19 November 2004 07:21]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 November 2004 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What prices am i looking at for the nevo pulley set?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 November 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its 550 brand new clown....

hey fat, but are there more than 1 size? im 190ish cm tall, and the reason i want fixed back is because the buckets tend to be the lowest/have least seat area IE will make it lower in the car so i can sit up straight right?
fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 November 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll come for a cruise!!

...oh wait, you guys live 4500kms from me. *sigh*
I took the MR2 to an auto electrician today - it turns out that somehow the headlight, taillight, and driving light on the left side all managed to blow at the same time. :confused: So now I'm $70 poorer and four lightbulbs richer. Yay. Next stop, tyres... Goodyear F1s are good, no?

Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 November 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 23:35

old_mr2 wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 10:32

Feral will actually. He knows everything Twisted Evil

lol, i wish.. Twisted Evil

Clown, should be a 5PK980 belt needed for the cusco pulley.

we have 5 AW11's here in bundy now. i was the only one for 2 years before the red one turned up, then the blue one and then the other white one. there is a black wingless one here just recently, but i havnt met the owner (have seen him though).

http://upload.3sgtemr2.com/upload/feralbundyaw11club.jpg

I cant belive Im saying this but those chromies on the red one look pretty good.
Has he changed the colour of the indicators in the front bar as well?

[Updated on: Fri, 19 November 2004 10:23]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 November 2004 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
odd.......odd but true Surprised
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 November 2004 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fractoid wrote on Fri, 19 November 2004 19:00

I'll come for a cruise!!

...oh wait, you guys live 4500kms from me. *sigh*
I took the MR2 to an auto electrician today - it turns out that somehow the headlight, taillight, and driving light on the left side all managed to blow at the same time. :confused: So now I'm $70 poorer and four lightbulbs richer. Yay. Next stop, tyres... Goodyear F1s are good, no?

goodyear F1's are good, i used to have them (now down to 2) but they are too soft and wear out pretty quickly

[Updated on: Fri, 19 November 2004 11:23]

old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 November 2004 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 23:35

there is a black wingless one here just recently, but i havnt met the owner.

Its a ghost!

[Updated on: Fri, 19 November 2004 12:19]

old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 November 2004 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Fri, 19 November 2004 13:07

Old_mr2 I have never noticed it said you live in newcastle, You just shot past me in my 2 before. is there much of a criuse scene there on friday nights? do you ever go out in it? or is it not worth coming back in to check it out?

Ive never seen your two in newcastle? It has that aftermarket wing doesnt it? Its funny I usually see all aw11's. Cant help it. Ill keep an eye out. I was probably speeding a little.

Damn it was fun tonight roads were watered down beautifully.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 November 2004 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Fri, 19 November 2004 22:28

what, you need wet roads to have fun? Razz

i am not sure what my friend is going to do with his 2, but the mags and car are tight..
http://upload.3sgtemr2.com/upload/feralgoggi2.jpg
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 November 2004 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Fri, 19 November 2004 23:57

old_mr2 wrote on Fri, 19 November 2004 22:28

what, you need wet roads to have fun? Razz

Nah I cant afford the rubber and its good practising in the wet and learning about the Mid Rear effect.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 November 2004 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try wet grass Smile
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 19 November 2004 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Fri, 19 November 2004 23:48

Nah I cant afford the rubber and its good practising in the wet and learning about the Mid Rear effect.

sure it's not because you dont have enough POWWWWA..... Twisted Evil

Very Happy
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 20 November 2004 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man my cars suspension so bloody crap. everytime i drive in windy weather on freeway my cars goes all over the joint. when i approach a truck it gets so bad i sometimes cant even overtake it

last night was same with rain and i was sitting at 100km/h didnt dare move faster. then i see an old tx5 fly past, then an old swift, and then an echo. man i felt embarrased.
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 20 November 2004 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh look what came in the mail for me this morning. picked it up from local post office first thing after i woke up

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/r32/Stuff/Nevo175.JPG

now just got to wait til we get some sunshine in sydney and wack it in. 14.5 ET here i come. hopefully after its in, i be able to at least break traction on the rear wheel in the rain so makes my car looks powerful Very Happy
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 20 November 2004 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
decision decision.

im planning on removing aircon system from my 2. what does other fellow aw11 ownwers think? dont know if im going to regret it or not. i use it mainly for windscreen demisting. i guess i can use the heater but that takes so long its not funny, and in humid weathers u dont want more heat in the cabin

any of you guys here taken the aircon out yet? is losing the extra 20kg or so worth it?
Freddoaw11
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 20 November 2004 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys i need help, brought a fancy new headunit today, i try to wire her up and....... Nothing i dont seem to be getting any power to it?? Anyone give me any hints, ive already checked all the fuses what else could be going wrong im sure its earthed well....
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 20 November 2004 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didnt take my a/c out when i put the turbo on mine. i figure its better to leave it the way it is. Then i wont regret it later. It easy to pull it all out but its a pain in the ass to put it back.

For the head unit.....get a meter and check all your wires. make sure you havent got your positive off the dimmer switch. dont laugh, i know a guy who did that and everytime you turn the dimmer down the head unit turned off.
Also, make sure the negative is actually a negative. there are some wires back there that change state when you turn your lights on and so forth. If you have the positive and negative sorted out you'll be right. If all else fails, take it to an auto elec or run a new positive from your fuse block.

There are just so many things it could be.

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 20 November 2004 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first thing check your wiring that you are splicing onto the correct wires in the loom.

the colouring of the wires is an untoyotaish joke Razz black isnt earth Sad

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=toyota+wiring+ha rness&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe= utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en- US:official

have a look at that , on our two it was the 87+ admittadly its at 5/89 build. but ignore the colours, the colouring is diff the the diagram but the pin out locations are correct.

that said ive never used any of the speaker lines, ive always run new speaker cable usualkly from an amp. but the power, dimmer, ign wires are all correct.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 20 November 2004 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freddo i just overcame this problem my self. I had everything wired up corrrectly and couldnt get any power to the unit.

There are 3 fuse boxes. Frunk, dash and Engine Bay

There is a 15amp fuse in Engine Bay box that is needed for the stereo to work. (pretty strange that this 'radio' fuse is in the eng bay) can someone explain?

If not check all fuse boxes for a blown 15A

Good luck worked for me
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 21 November 2004 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Fri, 19 November 2004 09:37

Wiso - My old wing is sitting in a mates backyard in Duffy, you can have it if you want.

Wingless all the way.

Dude for real, thanks, I will take up that offer, I am actually out of canberra for 2 weeks on holiday, up near newcastle, I'll be in contact when I get back to canberra.

Bugger - It's been binned, sorry.....
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 21 November 2004 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Wilson wrote on Mon, 22 November 2004 08:23

wiso wrote on Fri, 19 November 2004 09:37

Wingless all the way.

Bugger - It's been binned, sorry.....

Bummer, Ohh well Thanks for trying man, I'll probably see you round in the club in act, I'll be joining now that I have more free time.
Freddoaw11
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 22 November 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will check the engine bay fuse box hope thats it dont fancy paying mister auto elec, ive ran the multi meter all over it and im not getting power in there at all! ill take a look at the dimmer ( who knows who installed the last one)

* five minutes later

BINGO thats mates
geez saved my arse there hahaha so delighted new fuse and the baby will go in no worries
hahahahahahahahahaha
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 22 November 2004 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freddoaw11 wrote on Mon, 22 November 2004 12:54

BINGO thats mates
geez saved my arse there hahaha so delighted new fuse and the baby will go in no worries
hahahahahahahahahaha

So, Im guessing you fixed it? Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 22 November 2004 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi my name is also martin

I have a n/a 88' two tone grey white aw11 with a Supercharged conversion.

N/A Modifications.

2" cat back exhaust (loud)
Budget $44 pod filter
Relocated AFM
NGK iridium plugs
SAAS Steering Wheel
Lucas Brake Pads
Sony CD player and kicker splits

After getting a bit tired of n/a power nd driving my mates s/c i decided it was the only way to go i sold my other car rolled up my sleves bought a low km half cut from SSS austomotive and got my hands dirty.

Supercharged Mods.

New u-bend from cat to muffler
Adjustable shocks (unknown brand)front and back with cusco rear springs.
Supercharged rear calipers as the n/a ones were screwed.
Braided steel brake lines (unknown brand)

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 22 November 2004 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds awesome Martin, cant wait to see a pic. Smile
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 22 November 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sad I wish i still had my white/silver two tone. They're great. But it was too slow.

get some pics bro
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 22 November 2004 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wish i could but i cant seem to upload pics in this forum there is no button for it???
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 22 November 2004 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can only upload pics in the 'for sale' thread, to post pics anywhere else, you need to click on the http://forums.toymods.org.au/theme/default/images/b_image.gif and put in your image location. You should get a small amount of space with whatever ISP you signed up with, which is great for storing pics. Otherwise, there's a ton of free places on the net.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 22 November 2004 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
email me the photos and ill host them for you.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 November 2004 22:30]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 23 November 2004 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey gearbox i think i might have test driven your car did you buy it off a dodgy japanese guy out at emu plains??
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 23 November 2004 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car was orig white/silver.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 23 November 2004 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think my car used to be white Rolling Eyes its been so long. When i wash the year and a halfs worth of dirt off it i will know for sure Laughing
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 23 November 2004 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
had a drive around to old fatmr2s house tonight... and guesss what....... the slacker had gone somewhere else... haha bitch!
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 23 November 2004 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he probably gone to the car wash to use the hi pressure gun and find out what colour his car is.... Laughing
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 23 November 2004 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
he would of taken the push bike cause his cars still not running! hehehe. Oh well, ill get to meet him one day, this is the second time hes done it. I think hes scared of my man love. Evil or Very Mad
Pages (84): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:34:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.021716833114624 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.