Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 29 September 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine isnt just pissing me off its keeping me off the road. its loud enough that when i turn corners the grinding casuses people to turn and look. its seriously loud.
  Send a private message to this user    
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 29 September 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Wilson wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 15:09

It couldn't be something stupid like a tire rubbing on the bodywork after your allignment could it? (sorry, not sure what rubber you're running).

if the caster rods werent adjusted properly it can cause front tyre/s (even standard 185/60/14) to grind against the guard and stuff when turning the steering, but ur noise is from the back so properly not it
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 29 September 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kingmick wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 15:51

mounts,exhaust or something touching under load,not an lsd with open driveshafts?because they will seem fine for awhile then get noisey.without looking and hearing its really shooting in the dark.
mick
there are so many things like clutch spigots,broken or bent clutch fingers etc etc

my open diff driveshafts never made any noise even after 30k of driving i had no issues.
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 30 September 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would anyone here be interested in buying an AW11SC for cheap (approx $3500), its my car and im need of a 4dr vehicle. i'll post more info if i see bit of interest but basically its factory s/c engines good condition but body needs attention. basically suits someone whose gonna do full panel and spray job on it. or vehicle can be used as part car. will consider swap for for 4dr car (preferably toyota) and cash adjustment if needed aswell
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 30 September 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc wrote on Fri, 30 September 2005 10:24

would anyone here be interested in buying an AW11SC for cheap (approx $3500), its my car and im need of a 4dr vehicle. i'll post more info if i see bit of interest but basically its factory s/c engines good condition but body needs attention. basically suits someone whose gonna do full panel and spray job on it. or vehicle can be used as part car. will consider swap for for 4dr car (preferably toyota) and cash adjustment if needed aswell

Check your PM.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 30 September 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrrm where is 3500 when you need it
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 30 September 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got 150kms out of my first tank of petrol after my conversion... uh oh.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 30 September 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Fri, 30 September 2005 14:31

I got 150kms out of my first tank of petrol after my conversion... uh oh.

hhahahaha

ahhh that will be my situation b4 long

edit: when you taking me for that spin Very Happy

[Updated on: Fri, 30 September 2005 04:33]

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 30 September 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When i get this damned intake manifold leak fixed, (read 1 week) new 3 inch exhaust and a pwr radiator for the cooler + 3/4 inch water lines. Cause then it will be even crazier then it is now.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 30 September 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and you will get 50km to a tank Laughing Laughing
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 30 September 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
better get a gps unit spank,and put in fuel stations so you can plan a trip into town!hahahahahahahahahahha
mick
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 30 September 2005 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I got the results back from my suspension exam today, the worst thats wrong is the rear control arm bushes are cracked through, and my shocks are getting a little soft. oh and my front and rear engine mounts have collapsed Rolling Eyes didn't check those, I only checked the sides Rolling Eyes hrmmm time for some sikaflex Very Happy

apart from that everything else is good, ball joints, tie-rods. so still at a loss. he said it could be the shock rebounding too quick making the wheel bounce, but that seems unlikly, maybe for high speed but not for the low speed, either that or it could be the engine mounts Rolling Eyes I'll see how it goes
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 30 September 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the sikaflex worked a treat on erin's engine mounts. i used sika 291 marine grade but i belive 255 automotive would work a treat too.

i left them to cure for around 3 days so they were good and solid.. just one word of warning.. the packet dosent note just how dangerous the stuff is !!! the curing agent in it is an isocyanate. the same stuff that makes two pack paint so deadly.
so just be careful and have plenty of ventilation cause its some nasty shit.

im going to order the RHS tie rod on tuesday casue thats my last thought as to what it could be. there is a little play in it so perhaps it has shaking back and forth !??!

ill swap them L-R tomorrow and see if it improves/changes the situation Sad

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 30 September 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Fri, 30 September 2005 21:28

but i belive 255 automotive would work a treat too.

yep, works great on the feral's front and rear mounts. Smile
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 30 September 2005 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Fri, 30 September 2005 21:28

i left them to cure for around 3 days so they were good and solid..

indeed mine took ages to dry depends on the temp
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 02 October 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i finished work today (1pm) i bought a carton of VB stubbies, by the time i got home i had polished off 3 of them. Rolling Eyes
ayways, after a while chatting and drinking more VB's with my mum (luv ya mum Smile ) in my drunkardness i thought "shit, i still gotta sort and pack shit" and headed down the shed with a couple more VB's incase i got thirsty. Very Happy

i decided to go through all my spare Mr2 shit and all the other shit i've horded over the year and throw shit out into my 6x4 trailer that i would normaly keep. Shocked
i took some pics along the way of my progress

heres the trailer full of the shit i am trowing out
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7939/trailerfull16rv.th.jpghttp://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4559/trailerfull24wb.th.jpg

stripped a few extra bits i had left stil on the half cut
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3146/halfcut17mt.th.jpghttp://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2712/halfcut24qj.th.jpg
wish i had time etc to cut them rear qaurters off

these are just some of the 'extra' bits that will be packed into the trailer for the return trip to WA with all the other Mr2 shit i got ready. hrmmm.. seem to have a lot of shit.
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2529/halfcutbits6gp.th.jpg

damn, that just took me 45mins to type, upload and double qudruple proof read so i didnt look like a real alchohloic/tosser. Razz

must have more beer.... Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Sun, 02 October 2005 09:08]

superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 02 October 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hiya Feral Wink

You do know you shoulda made an AW11 trailor out of that rear cut, what a wasted opportunity. Crying or Very Sad

Have fun with your move mate, I am due a trip to look around that part of OZ, so will perhaps visit someday and sink a VB or 10. Wink

[Updated on: Sun, 02 October 2005 13:15]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 02 October 2005 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes Neil i have always wanted to make a trailer from it. wont have the chance now. Sad even cutting off and keeping the guards would be good.
expect a call from me though, will be calling through Coff's again. Wink
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 04 October 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lip update,

Got it so i was happy with the shape and put some colour on it just as a guide coat and to get a better idea of what it looked like on the car. It still needs a bit of work then some final colour and clear
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8036/frontlipdark7jr.th.jpghttp://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6052/lipsidedark7gz.th.jpghttp://img156.imageshack.us/img156/7245/frontdriversincem2ex.th.jpghttp://img156.imageshack.us/img156/7924/frontpasswithlipinguide2dn.th.jpg

All i can say it was an epic journey so far and its not over yet !

PS Who is going to the MR2 club AGM tonight ?

I am, so will see you there !
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 04 October 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looking great scott wouldnt mind donating one to the cause?? Laughing Laughing

ive got some progress shots of my own that i should post up
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 04 October 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be there is miss's car.. mines fucked Sad

seriously fucked.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 04 October 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 16:26

seriously fucked.

This sounds VERY BAD !!!!

See you there
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 04 October 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 15:41

let me guess feral new speakers or is it stickers,or did you get fluro wiper defletors!lmao hahahahahahaha
mick
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 04 October 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kingmick wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 17:20

4agte wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 15:41

let me guess feral new speakers or is it stickers,or did you get fluro wiper defletors!lmao hahahahahahaha
mick

last time i checked i wasnt feral Wink
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 04 October 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh shit sorry 4agte!
mick
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 04 October 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not sure exactly what your trying to imply mick, but go f*ck yourself anyways. Wink
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 04 October 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mad
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 04 October 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol ment Very Happy
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 04 October 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

seriously fucked.

well maybe if you can't fix it its time to drop your engine into your miss's Very Happy

hmmm had a turn of events on mine, it just suddenly stopped making the noise, went into a corner stomped it got the wheels spinning heaps, it was clunking and then stopped, either something has broken all the way now, or something was jamming and now its good, we'll see how she goes
mighty_boy
Regular

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 04 October 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pic of GunMetal's front lip as of sunday at Toyotafest Very Happy

http://members.optusnet.com.au/rvmason/Toyotafest/IMG_0464a.JPG

Also got some other pics from Toyotafest, that blue corona wagon was HOT!!

http://members.optusnet.com.au/rvmason/Toyotafest/
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 04 October 2005 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've posted pictures of my race seat in the new thread if anyone's interested..

http://toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=157
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 04 October 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have 5 spare race seats if anyone needs the measurements.4 glass and a carbon/kevlar one.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/378/raceseats9do.th.jpg
Hodgo
Regular

August 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey all,
I have read a little about people saying there is a difference between the LSD drive shafts and non LSD ones.
Can anyone tell me if i was to put an aftermarket clutch LSD centre Cusco/TRD etc. in to an open box if the shafts will need to be changed?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I really dont think the shafts are different... My car had an open centre box, i then went to lsd by accident and it drives fine and makes no noises. the e58 boxes are definately different with lsd and non lsd, not so sure about e51
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
e58 are defently diffrent but i aussumed the e51 would be the same but maybe there not.with an e58 the open shafts go ok in the lsd box for about 3000km or so then get noise,but that depends on power and driving style.

you at home again spank!should be working on your car!lol
mick
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mighty_boy wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 21:40

Pic of GunMetal's front lip as of sunday at Toyotafest Very Happy

http://members.optusnet.com.au/rvmason/Toyotafest/IMG_0464a.JPG

Also got some other pics from Toyotafest, that blue corona wagon was HOT!!

http://members.optusnet.com.au/rvmason/Toyotafest/

Thanks for posting the pic !

Yep it was a great show and i loved the Corona Wagon also....my first car was an RT104 Corona, if i had end up doing it up i reckon thats how it would have turned out Very Happy

Can you post up some pics of your car....i cant believe you are selling it that cheap..........whats wrong ???, should sell fast for those $$$$$
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hodgo wrote on Wed, 05 October 2005 10:29

Hey all,
I have read a little about people saying there is a difference between the LSD drive shafts and non LSD ones.
Can anyone tell me if i was to put an aftermarket clutch LSD centre Cusco/TRD etc. in to an open box if the shafts will need to be changed?

I have had no troubles using my non lsd shafts in my lsd box and i have done so for about a year now.

There has been some roumours that the lsd was a dealer option as opposed to a factory option (i have no idea if this is true) but if it was the case then it would make sense that the driveshafts would have remained the same
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kingmick wrote on Wed, 05 October 2005 09:20

i have 5 spare race seats if anyone needs the measurements.4 glass and a carbon/kevlar one.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/378/raceseats9do.th.jpg

dont suppose your looking at offloading any of those seats anytime soon mick??
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FORGET ABOUT IT 4AGTE THEY ARE ALLREADY SPOKEN FOR Laughing Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Wed, 05 October 2005 14:38

surely u cant be needing all of them scott Sad
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 05 October 2005 15:06

GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Wed, 05 October 2005 14:38

surely u cant be needing all of them scott Sad

Nah, just messin with you Very Happy

How is the turbo coming along ??? also how about soem pics of the new ride ??? got any yet ??? cmon the suspense is killing me !
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahah the new ride well ive got to speak to dad about it i might not buy it after all so ill tell you after the weekend. Might not be worth buying a daily driver if im leaving in 6 months to go to canada for the best part of a year and maybee more.

As for the turbo i took some photos the other night but i havent been able to upload them as my parents had the cable with them.

But most of the s/c gear is off just 1 or 2 more bolts (and more of the skin off my fingers no doubt) then its onto the exhaust side.
I might have another crack at it tonight damn the s/c has some f*cked up positions for their bolts.

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 05 October 2005 15:16

hahah the new ride well ive got to speak to dad about it i might not buy it after all so ill tell you after the weekend. Might not be worth buying a daily driver if im leaving in 6 months to go to canada for the best part of a year and maybee more.

As for the turbo i took some photos the other night but i havent been able to upload them as my parents had the cable with them.

But most of the s/c gear is off just 1 or 2 more bolts (and more of the skin off my fingers no doubt) then its onto the exhaust side.
I might have another crack at it tonight damn the s/c has some f*cked up positions for their bolts.

What took you so long Laughing Laughing you busy at work or something Laughing Laughing anyway let me know.

You need to get a pair of those small Japanese hands to get into those tight spots Very Happy sure it would not be easier to drop the engine ????.

What ever you do make sure its all finished before you go OS, that way i can look after it for you while you are away Evil or Very Mad oh and that will give me something to drive while i am doing my 1UZ conversion Wink
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 20:17

seriously fucked.

well maybe if you can't fix it its time to drop your engine into your miss's Very Happy

i would consider it but it is the ENGINE where the problem lies....

the keyway in the crank has torn into bits and bent the crankshaft bolt and balanced the crank pulley.. the noise was the pulley wobbling and belting into stuff.

it has chewed the keyway out. the key came out in about 3 pieces.. some still in there...

it has chewed up my nevo pulley a bit and to top it all off....

the crank bolt was bent into the crank and has sheared off IN the crank Sad
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toof,

It was good to catch up with you last night, sorry to hear about the crank and pulley issues.

But as i said last night this is a good excuse to get a nice forged crank, rods, pistons etc etc, josh seemed to think it was a good idea Evil or Very Mad

Good luck with the rebuild.

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i have some positive from it... ive been around to a few of the enigne builders/engineering workshops to see if they can cut a new larger keyway into the crank. and a few have said they dont have the gear to do keyways but have pointed me to a workshop that does.

went and spoke to them this morn and he feels he can machine out the keyway and the pulley and fit a larger keyway into it and also mahcine out the busted bolt and either drop a new thread or a helicoil into it.

so ill have to pull it all out and take it over to him, obviously this is dependant on how stuffed it is once it comes out..

i like this option just becasue it provides a stronger and better option then just replacing it with another identical unit which has the same weakness. esp since im planning on staying with the charger system as opposed to a turbo.. so that keyway will always be under considerable stress.

ill get some photos up when i get in there to look.

i got it towed home today from the workshop and it;ll be in the shed for a bit. im debating on paying for it to get ripped out or going and buying a engine crane, support, etc etc myself and doing it myself.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to all that want to get serious. i get forged pistons and rods,rings bearings for $1900 if anyone is doing a turbo motor!and moderators!this is cost price and moderators its only for toymodee's and i dont make a single cent from it.cheap isnt it.
mick
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u guys really love your AW11's this thread is going off! we are trying to keep up over at MA61!!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Wed, 05 October 2005 15:22

What took you so long Laughing Laughing you busy at work or something Laughing Laughing anyway let me know.

You need to get a pair of those small Japanese hands to get into those tight spots Very Happy sure it would not be easier to drop the engine ????.

What ever you do make sure its all finished before you go OS, that way i can look after it for you while you are away Evil or Very Mad oh and that will give me something to drive while i am doing my 1UZ conversion Wink

hahah nah ive been procastinating about it for months then one of my mates said just do it and if you need a hand getting the car out of the garage or anything else just let us know. Kinda gave me the confidence i needed i guess...

yeah damn straight can you order some of those hands through toyota you think? Laughing

ahahha yeah im trying to get it all finnished b4 then i should have the bulk of it done at the end of next weekend by that i mean i will have all the exhaust/sump/supercharger stuff off and the n/a inlet manifold on.

I suppose i will have to get some1 to drive it every now and then. But then again i might sell it so some1 here might buy it Laughing

i dont know how easy it would be for me to let it go but im really keen to have a crack at building my own car from scratch

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Wed, 05 October 2005 16:03

i got it towed home today from the workshop and it;ll be in the shed for a bit. im debating on paying for it to get ripped out or going and buying a engine crane, support, etc etc myself and doing it myself.

toof it is alot easier to pay some1 else to do it but the way i look at it is sure it may take you a weekend and cost nearly as much to get some1 else to do it but at the end you will have a engine crane etc etc and you wont need to buy it again.

I have an engine dolly if you require the use of one
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte you could always get spaktown to drive it for you,then you know it wont get a caining. because jumping out of his new toy he wouldnt as you never thrash a slow car!hahahaha Laughing just kidding.
mick
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 05 October 2005 17:11

toof wrote on Wed, 05 October 2005 16:03

toof it is alot easier to pay some1 else to do it but the way i look at it is sure it may take you a weekend and cost nearly as much to get some1 else to do it but at the end you will have a engine crane etc etc and you wont need to buy it again.

I have an engine dolly if you require the use of one

thats exactly what im thinking too..

im also up for a new clutch as the one that is in there isnt rooted but it dosent have muhc life left and i may as well do that whilst the box is out.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Wed, 05 October 2005 17:48

thats exactly what im thinking too..

im also up for a new clutch as the one that is in there isnt rooted but it dosent have muhc life left and i may as well do that whilst the box is out.

yup and you might aswell put something decent in like a heavy duty exedy which i found very nice in my s/c b4 the 3 puk went in
mighty_boy
Regular

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Wed, 05 October 2005 12:02

Can you post up some pics of your car....i cant believe you are selling it that cheap..........whats wrong ???, should sell fast for those $$$$$

im doing what now?? who said im selling?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well we currently have a 4 puck exceedy ceramic in miss's car. i dont plan to go something quite as aggressive in mine as i feel its a little too agressive for around town... as i all too well know after yesterdays 1.5hours in crawl traffic on old pac Sad

when you are giving it some its fantastic but a little stressful around town. so im thinking something like a 8 paddle or similar. my flatmate has something that feels like that. it is definantly ceramic but not as agressive as the 4 puck. im guessing its 8 or there abouts. but for the moment i need the $$ to back this *adventure* up Sad
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
these two are my nicely urethaned engine mounts. they were both in pretty good nick but i figured it wouldnt hurt strengthening them up a little more.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/IMG_3202.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/IMG_3205.JPG

and this.... is my crankshaft and key.. there is still a chunk of the key in there and lots of the bolt in there Sad

http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/IMG_3206.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/IMG_3208.JPG
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats how my mounts looked after i sikafled em sgticky shit that sickaflex. I noticed there is still a bit of movement allowed with the sikaflex in mine but alot less than b4.

looks nasty toof also might wanna get that oil leak fixed looks like a front main or sump leak??
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not sure which seal it is.. probaly front main as its above the sump where there is a bit of oil.. but to its credit it never drips any on the floor and it dosent use any oil so it isnt too bad.. but your right whilst ive got it out ill definantly replace both front and rear main seals. no point in pulling it all apart and not changing them. plus some new bearings, plus a clutch... mmmmm ceramic Razz
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indeed i asked my former mechanic to replace myb rear main last time i had the gearbox changed but he forgot to do it Mad

now i have to wait till the gearbox comes off again....

as for the ceramic they are quite good but beware they will chew pressure plates and flywheels but i guess you allready know this with miss's car
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
well we havwent had the box off the miss's car to see the fly/plressure plate wear but it is certaily better to drive.. although i feel hers may well be a litle too agressive. she dosent seem to think so. ill be going preferable somehting a little less agressive in mine.. still ceramic but probaly more then the 4 paddle to cushion it a little more.

edit: the skiaflex mounts work quite nicely i think. very stiff but still sufficent movment and cushioninig..

just be careful with the stuff as its pretty nasty. it uses an isocyonate to cure it... ie very nasty.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 October 2005 23:49]

Pages (84): [ «  <  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:52:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.017203092575073 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.