Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the 3 puk in mine is a bit agressive but its something you get used to i guess as i dont really think about it when i drive but as soon as some1 else drives the car they stall it a couple of times
  Send a private message to this user    
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 October 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it just can get a bit tiresome when you are stuck in traffic and you look like a learner driver casue you are either going or stopped no really smooth take off more of a launch off Razz
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 October 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mighty Boy,

Sorry, MY MISTAKE Embarassed That should have been to MK1 SC about the selling thing.

Toof,

Or anyone else that has silkaflexed the mounts. I have thought about doing this.
1) Does it transfer much more noise or vibration to the car ?

2) Does it improve the gear shift by minimising the engine gear box rocking ?

3) What is the actual model number of the stuff and where do you get it ?

Thanks.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 October 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 11:41

Or anyone else that has silkaflexed the mounts. I have thought about doing this.
1) Does it transfer much more noise or vibration to the car ?

2) Does it improve the gear shift by minimising the engine gear box rocking ?

3) What is the actual model number of the stuff and where do you get it ?

Thanks.

I did mine when I put the 3S in.
1) I didn't find it made much of a difference at all to the noise or vibration

2) Mine shifts awesomely now. Better mounts definately helps for this. The thing that really helped though was putting in redline light weight shock proof oil and replaceing the shift bushes on the gearbox end of the cables with skate board bearings.

3) I just used the Sikaflex automotive windscreen urethane, don't remember the number.
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 October 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found that having a hard clutch in there, the car would shudder and was really unforgiving if I messed up with the clutch. Now, There is a noticeable difference and although you still get a small vibration of you mess up with the clutch, its no where near as bad. Would definately reccomend it.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 October 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is minimal vibration difference but it is much better as far as the engine and transaxle moving when you give it some or sutff up on the clutch.

i used sika flex 291. 255 is also suitable.

admittedly miss's front mount was pretty stretched but this sorted it out a beauty,

edit: oh and it can be sourced from bunnings, auto parts store, paint store. boating store etc etc. about $18 for a tube. whihc should be enough for about 6 mounts. ive done 4 so far (my two miss's 2) and have enough left to do another pair,.

[Updated on: Thu, 06 October 2005 03:25]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 October 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i used the stuff from bunnings be carefull to make sure that you get the black stuff as 2wice i have gotten the wrong colour i mean that is unless you like you mounts sandstone yellow.

the second time i took it from the box at bunnings that was marked black and i got grey should have double checked the label on the bottle Mad
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 October 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol yellow engine mounts Razz
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 October 2005 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey toof i noticed the other day that when i had the car jacked up and i spin one of the wheels the other turns the other way and when i was doing some circle stuff in the backyard that its leaving 2 lines ive been told it might be hielical would this be correct if it spins opposite ways???
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 October 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when it spins in the opposite direction does it lock in the opposite direction ? or can you turn the two indepenantly of each other.

if it does it is probaly a viscous coupling. my old box did the same (spin opposite direction locked) and drove like and LSD admittedly not a particlarly tight one, infact it was quite good. progressive and not particularly silly. mine would only lock when it was being driven or if you jacked it up put it in gear and clutch in.

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 October 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm yeah it seems to have alot more grip than my open diff did i havent tried putting it in gear then clutching but in neutral it wont lock i know that. but in gear it locks which is when i thought it should but i guess it wouldnt b/c it would be trying to turn the engine i guess.
it feels somewhere in between my open diff and my old lsd box. The old lsd box you could feel it locking up real quick when powering out of corners this one only feels like its locking at the last minuite i dunno guess i will find out after its turboed.

ok got some progress pics will have alot more done after this weekend tho as this was just a couple of hrs work i think i could take it apart in a 1 hr if there was a next time.

it looks very roomy with no i/c in there cant wait for it to be in the boot

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/8841/img15475js.jpg

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/779/img15486sj.jpg

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/3715/img15496se.jpg

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/4161/img15505xp.jpg

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/2489/img15514fp.jpg

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/7245/img15522ss.jpg
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 October 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah my current lsd feels like a clutch pack and yes you can feel it lock/unlock like a switch.. good for shennengans. when trying to go quickly but without the tail hanging out through the twisties i dont think its quite as good.

although the sillyness factor is much higher.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 October 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 21:59

although the sillyness factor is much higher.

which is all that counts Very Happy
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 October 2005 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fixed my boost leak tonight. New zorst comming on the weekend, my current dump pipe looks like a roman drain pipe. I want it to look like an aquaduct. I had a run with a my04/5 wrx tonight. Did the old reach around to 18 psi and handed him a new arsehole.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 October 2005 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are there that many aw11's out there that this thread last one whole year?? wonder if this is the longest/biggest thread on toymods so far Rolling Eyes
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 October 2005 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 01:04

Fixed my boost leak tonight. New zorst comming on the weekend, my current dump pipe looks like a roman drain pipe. I want it to look like an aquaduct. I had a run with a my04/5 wrx tonight. Did the old reach around to 18 psi and handed him a new arsehole.

hahah wicked
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 October 2005 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b1gb3n wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 02:18

are there that many aw11's out there that this thread last one whole year?? wonder if this is the longest/biggest thread on toymods so far Rolling Eyes

this is the longest thread on toymods quite simply because the aw11 is king
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 October 2005 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST162 is the princess Laughing Laughing Laughing
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 October 2005 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 01:04

you cant do that spank,youll have all the rexy drivers going back to the dealer for a refund.
mick
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 October 2005 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 07:32

ST162 is the princess Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 07 October 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing

that means I have the king and princess in my driveway Laughing

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 07 October 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What can i say....i was waiting for that one Wiso !!

4agte, the spanner work seems to be going well, also i saw a pic the other day of a SW20 with a huuuuuge A/A intercooler just located above the engine lid with just a big cut out in the lid, there was prob only 1/2 the lid actuall left as the IC was the full width and sitting right up on the glass. It did not look very good for air flow....will see if i can find the pic

Here it is ...but after a closer look maybe its W/A ??? difficult to see with the pics.....what you reckon ?

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/1397/sw20lidintercooler7gg.th.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 07 October 2005 05:54]

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 07 October 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ive seen sillyness like that before.. i think someoen on this forum has an affair like that... why on earth would you install thart when the ideal cooling solution already exists... St205 cooler ?!?!?
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 07 October 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 15:56

yeah ive seen sillyness like that before.. i think someoen on this forum has an affair like that... why on earth would you install thart when the ideal cooling solution already exists... St205 cooler ?!?!?

Well i am not going to argue too much with that !

This is why i dont like it:

1) The location is sited in an area of low pressure, consequently its going to have bugger all air flow over it.....remember thats the whole idea.....to reject the heat !!!!!

2) Because of the above and due to the proximity of other high heat components namely exhaust its going to be very in Very Happy efficient

3)No comment !!!!

I would lift it up about 250 mm to roof level, then put some sort of scoop on it...something like a WRX STI so the air enters at a high pressure section of the roof then relieves into the low pressure part behind the window...that would look even more ridiculous....mmmmmmmi may give it a go Laughing Laughing
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 07 October 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not to mention what doing that would do to the aerodynamics.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 07 October 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scott:

it looks nice so it leads me to belive that this has been done for bling as opposed to performance. However im going to say that it would definatley work imho as there is huge ammounts of air travelling through the engine bay due to -tive pressure at the top.
It works so well that it used to lift my engine lid at 150km
however it is only going to get warm engine bay air. air that has passed over the searing hot exhaust and turbo.

i thinkn he butched a perfectly good engine lid for what could have been acheived with a simple w/a intercooler.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 07 October 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive spoken to nevo and sent some photos to john and he feels the pulley is thoughly rollied. and that a new key cut into it will probaly tear out given the lack of anodising..

does anyone have a stock 4agze crank pulley they want to part with ? as mine is in pretty average condition. its got quite a number of chips
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 08 October 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check out this shirt i just made for something to do. I was going to put "owners anonymous" underneath but i got lazy and the text would have been hard to cut out

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8537/mvc001s9qk.jpg
http://img277.imageshack.us/img277/5629/mvc002s9nx.jpg

Next im going to print the AW11 firebird on a shirt. That should look very cool.

EDIT I think its a little crooked. But i haven't screenprinted for years Very Happy

[Updated on: Sat, 08 October 2005 03:48]

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 08 October 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shouldnt that read "Hyundai Excel"... or at least the shirt is the right colour for it lol Laughing Laughing

I need a new crank.. i had a good look today and the keyway on the crank is fucked Sad

anyone got a spare 4age/gze crank they want to part with.. preferably cheap casue im poor.. and now mucho poor.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 08 October 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why old, how very metrosexual of you, its nice to see you are in touch with your emotioal side......

NOW...

get in the kitchen and make me a sammich! Laughing Laughing Razz
AW11 no Jitsu
Regular

May 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 08 October 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Sat, 08 October 2005 20:09

anyone got a spare 4age/gze crank they want to part with.. preferably cheap casue im poor.. and now mucho poor.

Who isn't. Sad

When was the last time someone did a 'money is no object' AW11?
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 08 October 2005 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AW11 no Jitsu wrote on Sat, 08 October 2005 22:30

toof wrote on Sat, 08 October 2005 20:09

Who isn't. Sad

When was the last time someone did a 'money is no object' AW11?

Hmm, well sorry, but the FATMR2 Bonfire project does come to mind. No offence to fat intended.
Wink
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 08 October 2005 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
give me time... either mine or miss's mr will end up as a no holes barred build up Smile

mmm whippler 1600AX charger... bugger off this turbo sillyness..
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 08 October 2005 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE SHIRT IS NOT PINK!!!!!
Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

Its white, its my crappy dig cam
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 08 October 2005 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
http://spazchicken.com/MR2/mkifloat.jpg
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 08 October 2005 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice pink shirt old!makes me think back to that movie"pretty in pink"hahahahahahhahahah

and my god,whos working under that car.i can see someone getting hurt.or is that how they palletise for transport in the cars neck of the woods.lmao
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 09 October 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
white !!! thats one crappy camera Razz

that poor aw11 on the pallets.. its obviously had some proper dollars spent on it.. 5 stud conversion. boot and engine bood opening feral style...

i pushed my car out of the shed and gave her a quick wash. rolled her back in and put the covers over. had a good look and the keyway on the crank itself is torn to bits. so its definantly a engine to bits job Sad

i was hoping to get away with a new key and pulley but i dont think its going to happen.. infact it wont happen Sad

[Updated on: Sun, 09 October 2005 01:20]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 09 October 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Sun, 09 October 2005 11:14

white !!! thats one crappy camera Razz

that poor aw11 on the pallets.. its obviously had some proper dollars spent on it.. 5 stud conversion. boot and engine bood opening feral style...

i pushed my car out of the shed and gave her a quick wash. rolled her back in and put the covers over. had a good look and the keyway on the crank itself is torn to bits. so its definantly a engine to bits job Sad

i was hoping to get away with a new key and pulley but i dont think its going to happen.. infact it wont happen Sad

there is a couple of ways you can go with this

you can:

tear the motor down and rebuild it top to bottom with new rings forged pistons etc. (this would be what id do)

tear it down and rebuild it to factory specs

go to the wreckers and buy a short motor

my guess is that the short motor may well end up cheaper but its still a used motor so the factory spec rebuild may be the go i mean you might aswell freshen it up while its apart.

as for the pallets if hes bothered to spend that much on his car and has a decent space why the hell not speng $3k and buy a damn hoist Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 09 October 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm white with a gloss black roof.... I love it Very Happy , I miss my old paint job Sad
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 09 October 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got a bit more work done today and managed to get the supercharger out finally what a pita it was. The workshop manual showed that the s/c could come out with the rear inlet pipe on but no matter what i did it wouldn't so i took it off
took a few pics of the sc12 the teflon rotors looked to be in mint condition except for 1 little blemmish on each rotor.

I also took a picture to show the difference between the piddly s/c throttle body and the n/a bigport throttle body which isnt huge in itself.

edit: the differnce didnt come out exactly how i had invisioned i think i held the s/c throttle body too close to the camera

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/3728/img15530am.jpg

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/217/img15545gw.jpg

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4003/img15557qu.jpg

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8758/img15577zl.jpg

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4134/img15615ok.jpg

http://img347.imageshack.us/img347/7054/img15624vw.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 09 October 2005 11:09]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 09 October 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has anyone had experince with taking the exhaust manifold off the 4agze im sure atleast feral must have.

in the workshop manual it states that you need to remove the dizzy. This is something id like to avoid as i have bad memories of trying to put it back in.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 09 October 2005 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dizzy can stay but the bracket for the alt,aicon has to come off. manifold are really fun to play with on the mr2's.do the front bolts from under the car and rear you can reach over from passanger side and get.
mick
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 10 October 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool wicked thats just what i wanted to hear mick Very Happy couldnt see why you had to i can see it being easier to take the dizzy off but its a pita to put back in
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 10 October 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
know what these cars need.... a nice access hatch behind the drivers seat. unclip it and open it up and you would have brilliant access to the engine bay.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 10 October 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Sun, 09 October 2005 06:08

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
http://spazchicken.com/MR2/mkifloat.jpg

WTF !!!!

Old...where did you get this pic ??? surely its photo shopped ? or am i just stating the obvious again Razz

Toof, Sorry to hear of your ongoing engine probs...i can hear the cash registers from here Crying or Very Sad

i tend to agree with martin if you intend on getting some seriouse 4A power in the near future i would be doing a hipo engine rebuild $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4 Crying or Very Sad

4agte, love the pics, especially the last one of the workshop, it looks like Dr Frankensteins laboratory full of evil deeds hahahahahaha Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad i can just imagine Igor dropping off stolen body parts Laughing Laughing

Keep up the good work !
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 10 October 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i knew Sad i can see the dollars ringing up. i havent giot the cash atm to do a big dollar build. i think ill be looking at just doing the essentials. new crank, pulley and bearings. with a bit of luck we can do that without taking the enigne out just pull it all from the bottom...
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 10 October 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Mon, 10 October 2005 12:53

Toof, Sorry to hear of your ongoing engine probs...i can hear the cash registers from here Crying or Very Sad

So can I *insert the crying smiley here*
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 10 October 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 10 October 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GOOD LUCK !
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 10 October 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*sigh* i think ill need it.

ive got the feeling its going to have to be done at the workshop as i dont have the space to be able to do it at home. to do it at home is going to take time. *sigh* more $$.
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

AW11 now has it's own forum : aw11garage.com Mon, 10 October 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey all... due to the large amount of posts to this thread i have set up a specialty AW11 forum site. I know there are a few others out there but this is the fully sik local one.
It's all up and running now. You can all use it, or not.
I have had a few of the AW11OA regulars run a few tests and it's all good.
The forums section is the 1st area in what will be a specialist AW11 site.
go to http://www.aw11garage.com/forum/
to check it out.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 now has it's own forum : aw11garage.com Mon, 10 October 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haahha cheers gunmetal yeah its a bit of a dungeon down there i had to move a whole heap of stuff to get the car in i now know what its like to work for a japanese workshop Laughing

Ill have another crack at it tonight id ideally like to have everything off the motor by the end of next weekend i.e. inlet side exhaust side and sump. This week i will also send the turbo to gcg to get some gaskets and wastegate fitted then when i get it back i will trail fit everything.

I noticed some of the turbo boys have used 2 metal inlet manifold gaskets doubled up (im assuming you use the s/c gasket and the n/a).
Do you need to use a metal gasket on the inlet side or is a glue type gasket ok?

toof:

something that might be worth considering is a turbo conversion as you wont need the keyway anymore i guess...

I know spanktown should have his old turbo kit lying arround that i was going to buy off him for quite a reasonable price that had pretty much everything that was needed might be worth a look. I think the only issue was the turbo needed a recco but you could allways source another 2nd hand turbo for cheap.

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AW11 now has it's own forum : aw11garage.com Mon, 10 October 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamb131 wrote on Mon, 10 October 2005 13:50

Hey all... due to the large amount of posts to this thread i have set up a specialty AW11 forum site. I know there are a few others out there but this is the fully sik local one.
It's all up and running now. You can all use it, or not.
I have had a few of the AW11OA regulars run a few tests and it's all good.
The forums section is the 1st area in what will be a specialist AW11 site.
go to http://www.aw11garage.com/forum/
to check it out.

is there something wrong with toymods adam?
mick
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 10 October 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i could consider a turbo swap but then the problem is that i wouldnt have a supercharged setup Razz

i have no intention of pursuing a turbo setup in the near or otherwise future. i do however long term am tyhinking about a proper supercharger ie: twin screw item.

as much as the turbo has plenty of poke i love the response of the charger.. and the noise... for the way i drive and the roads i want to drive on i want to keep the charger option. but for the moment i just want it going again !!!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 10 October 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fair enuf each to their own just tossing you a possible solution
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 10 October 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey toof this may interest you

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=82975&start=0&rid=7389&S=4052eff3911 b1b07408929d625df6c26
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 10 October 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Sun, 09 October 2005 21:24

has anyone had experince with taking the exhaust manifold off the 4agze im sure atleast feral must have.

in the workshop manual it states that you need to remove the dizzy. This is something id like to avoid as i have bad memories of trying to put it back in.

I can get mine off from underneath without having to remove anything except the oil filter and the plastic tray underneath the car. I think it neets to rotate a little to get around the dizzy
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 10 October 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool cheers
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 10 October 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
last time I took the exhaust manifold off, I took the whole engine out, lucky it was comin out anyway, the old red one had a solid exhaust right from where the extractors bolted on, to the exhaust tip, no joins Rolling Eyes damn that sucked I tell you. especially getting it back in after the engine was in Rolling Eyes had to drop the engine slightly to get the angles right so it would slot on...

just some advise for you kiddies Cool
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 10 October 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
4agte wrote on Mon, 10 October 2005 19:16

hey toof this may interest you

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=82975&start=0&rid=7389&S=4052eff3911 b1b07408929d625df6c26

cheers mate, ive already spoken to him,

Quote:

hey dude, i still got the crankshaft
one of the lobes may be worn as one of the bearings wore down.
im not sure, but u can still get it repaired

offer me any price as im not sure what its worth
cheers

just concerned if the crank will be damaged.. if it just needs a light machining what do you guys think it'd be worth ?
Pages (84): [ «  <  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:46:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.022740840911865 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.