Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 10 October 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well on my red mr2 4age the crank was fair scratched, they had to do a full grind rather than a hone and give me oversized bearings, cost me $60 to get it ground
  Send a private message to this user    
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 10 October 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm sounds good... how much do you think its worth ?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 10 October 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe offer him $20-$40 or something, I personnaly wouldn't go more than that

whoops meant wouldn't Rolling Eyes

I would try $20 first

[Updated on: Mon, 10 October 2005 11:51]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 10 October 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah im with wiso on this one $20 hes not going to get rid of it for more than than espc if it needs a regrind might be worth negotiating that if it is beyond repair that you can get your money back
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 10 October 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok so i found out why my speedo stopped working

http://img429.imageshack.us/img429/1922/img15646tv.jpg

and ive pulled the engine loom out im going to pull it apart to take out the things that arent needed for the aftermarket ecu. Might even consider making a whole new one using existing plugs...

http://img423.imageshack.us/img423/362/img15650bg.jpg
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 11 October 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That loom looks totally FERAL....no offence feral Laughing Laughing

Also i wish my speedo was as easy to fix Crying or Very Sad
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 11 October 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 12:20

That loom looks totally FERAL

You should see them with the tape off.....
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 11 October 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Wilson wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 12:37

GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 12:20

That loom looks totally FERAL

You should see them with the tape off.....

yeah i will post pics of that tonight its spagheti city Laughing

should look alot better once completed im gonna use that bendy plastic piping stuff to cover the whole lot

dont know about easy to fix but definatley easier than taking the g/b out.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 11 October 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys have a look at this... want a tidy aw11... 3057 Miles on the clock !!

its still new.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-MR2-T-TOP-JT 2AW15J7HO119209_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ15289QQ itemZ4581443206QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 11 October 2005 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

that is absolutley amazing you can tell that its original miles and not clocked back buy a the condition of the car and what sold me was there is absolutley no crud baked onto the susspension toyota should buy this car and put it in a museum!!!
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 11 October 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excellent !

Nearly looks as good as mine Very Happy

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 11 October 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually yeah it does *grr*

toof = green with envy.

not just one mint grey aw11... but two! !!
mighty_boy
Regular

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 11 October 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omg thats so so sooooo nice!!!

i cant believe how clean every aspect of the car is
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 11 October 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can you say spaghetti

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/2636/img15685zw.jpg
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 23:01

can you say spaghetti

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/2636/img15685zw.jpg

What a nightmare, does not look like you will be driving your car any time soon !

BTW What is the mat you are working on, a table cloth, bed spread or what ??????????? Laughing Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahah nope its going to be off the road for about 3 months im going to do things properly so this has been on my to do list for some time.

I dont need half the crap in that loom so the junk is comming out.
It is a bit of a nightmare i looked at it last night and just thought why did i start this but bit by bit its getting better its a bit like a jigsaw puzzle its really frustrating at first but as you join more bits it gets better.

Just got to work out exactly what the wolf/engine needs to run so far ive worked out that i need:

a/c
starter motor
alternator
dizzy
engine fan (which i think runs off a relay)
+tive power and earths

everything else runs off the wolf loom

as for the mat its an old table cloth

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some of you may have seen this allready !!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

However i would like some feedback ASAP as someone else is interested in purchasing the NA.....but i really dont want to sell it so this is what i have come up with...all feedback is appreciated, but more to the point really want someone who is interested !!!!

As most off you allready know i am lucky enough to have two AW11s, the NA i have had since 1990 and the SC for just over 12 months.

The plan was for one as a daily driver and the other for a race car. But especially since GUY has come on the scene, the problem is funds and available space.

I have been using the SC in Supersprints and stuff like that but to be really competitve need to spend more $$$$$ and to make it more race specific, if i sell the NA i will have the funds but dailing driving the race car is going to be a PITA and the complication of rego and engineering a race car for the road is even more difficult.

So what i am considering is this:

I will try to find someone (hopefully one of you) who is interested in buying a part share in one of the cars and set it up for race duties primarily. So the go would be to agree on a part price then share all the on going running costs with the aim of completing the 2006 Series of the NSW supersprint championship and any other track events we feel like doing, motorkhana, hill climbs stuff like that.

At this stage i am thinking of using the NA simply because it will be more competitve in class and should also be cheaper to run, however i am open to suggestions cause the SC really is a lot of fun on the track just not as competive (in class).

Anyway give me some feedback on what you reckon
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so effectivley you are going to rent someone the shared use of your car in the supersprints. I hope this is the case as shared ownership can open a fairly big can of worms even if the best of intentions are there just my $0.02
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone got a straight front bumper support that they want to part with? (the big box section one that the indicators bolt in to).

Thanks,

Terry.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not so much as rent, but buy it out 50/50 then have an equal share in the running costs. But i know what you mean i am a bit worried about that aspect of it as well. This is not a commercial venture, i just want it to be a friendly thing, someone i have a fair bit of trust in.

Appreciate the comments Very Happy

It looks like the NA will sell for 8.5 to 9k so that should get me some goodies Laughing Laughing Maybe i could motorise one of my pushies for daily transport instead Razz

Actually its pretty funny i could not sell it 12 monthes ago for 6K, now someone is willing to pay 8.5............go figure ???? maybe they are becoming a investment AT LAST Very Happy
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahhah dont sell it for 6 you should get the money you want... have you thought about buying maybe an ae82 or something like that??
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep the Dood is prepared to pay $8990, just wants to have another look.....i am just getting emotional about selling it again Sad Embarassed

I think 8990 is a fair price Confused

Yep have thought about a run around like a AE82 or something like that, just cast justify another rego and space etc etc

[Updated on: Wed, 12 October 2005 04:57]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i guess you got that crown comming thru Very Happy as for the space you can allways park it on the street but rego dunno guess the bike is the best option Very Happy
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea but dont really want to park it on the street.

ahhhhhh the Crown, mate its pretty tragic, hope to have a good look on the weekend. Its all there and very straight but is going to need some serious $$$$ (which i dont have) to get it going let alone drivable !!

all fluids, trres probably all rubbers hoses etc, bearing brakes, the list goes on.

If i can actually get it out of the garage i may have abetter idea
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$8990 is a damn good price for an N/A, you should be throwing the car at him so this buyer doesn't get away!
you can buy an SC in Adeleaide for about 8k and N/A for about 7ish so if this bloke wants to give you 9 for your N/A i say take it!!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pjaw11sc wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 17:10

$8990 is a damn good price for an N/A, you should be throwing the car at him so this buyer doesn't get away!
you can buy an SC in Adeleaide for about 8k and N/A for about 7ish so if this bloke wants to give you 9 for your N/A i say take it!!

ahhh obviously you probably havent seen it being that your from another state having seen this car in the flesh it is worth every cent.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 17:40

ahhh obviously you probably havent seen it being that your from another state having seen this car in the flesh it is worth every cent.

yeah pj you havent seen this aw11... its like the day it rolled from the factory definantly worth 9k

I got myself a crank shaft today $50 it has a little scoring on one lobe but nothing too nasty so it should mahcine back just fine.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 19:09

I got myself a crank shaft today $50 it has a little scoring on one lobe but nothing too nasty so it should mahcine back just fine.

woot gonna get the keywway modified so it wont break again????
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no i spoke to john from nevo and he isnt confident on the pulley holding together due to the additional removed material.. im thinking possibly a 165mm pulley instead of the 175?
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, I reckon you should go with the 165mm Toof.
I wanted a 175mm Nevo years ago but was talked out of it by certain web based articles that detailed catastrophes like yours due to the stress the 175mm pulley places on the keyway.
I suppose there are plenty of 175mm Nevo owners out there that would argue that they have run their pulley for years without any drama so you may be just another of the unlucky few ?
I would still like a 175mm but i would just be to worried about my poor motor to enjoy it. Sad
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not too sure if my old pulley was standard or not but it was close to 160mm. thing was i remember nevo175 was much lighter then the old pully

Toof was there any signs before the key gave up? like rattle, noise, etc...?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the stock pulley is 145 and is *heaps* heavier then the nevo.

i just had a revelation....

to solve my issue... how about.. i use a standard 4age n/a crank pulley... 135mm. and a 95mm ea falcon pulley..

this solves the water pump over drive. as well as the overlead of inertia in the crank pulley.

additionally it costs bugger all. *and* ive just run the numbers. this affair runs the charger 1.5% faster then the stock charger pulley and a nevo 175,.
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 18:39

4agte wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 17:40

yeah pj you havent seen this aw11... its like the day it rolled from the factory definantly worth 9k

Sorry guys i didn't mean to demean the value/niceness of GunMetal's car. If its that nice perhaps it should be kept in loving hands

Great to hear you got yourself that pesky crank shaft Toof!

[Updated on: Wed, 12 October 2005 12:42]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 22:18

to solve my issue... how about.. i use a standard 4age n/a crank pulley... 135mm. and a 95mm ea falcon pulley..

this solves the water pump over drive. as well as the overlead of inertia in the crank pulley.

additionally it costs bugger all. *and* ive just run the numbers. this affair runs the charger 1.5% faster then the stock charger pulley and a nevo 175,.

i was just about to mention the same thing Very Happy
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 22:18

Sounds far too clever and easy, must be something wrong. Confused
One of you mechanical genius's tell him why that will never fly ?
Smile
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No clutch = dead supercharger...

From what I've seen, they need the clutch to 'cool down'. I tried locking up the clutch on mine and it lasted about a month before it started making nasty broken noises.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was of the belief that the falcon setup could utilise the clutch if you wanted to....
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 09:08

i was of the belief that the falcon setup could utilise the clutch if you wanted to....

your supposed to weld the pulley onto the clutch aparantly and toof why use the n/a pulley??? use the stock one or if your worried about weight you can allways get a custom one made to the stock dimensions from an alloy.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
becasue my stock item isnt in particulary good shape. it has a lot of chips on it.. hence part of the reason i wanted to go for a new pulley...

and ive also lined up a new na pulley cheap.

yes you are supposed to weld the pulley onto the clutch but that is jsut so you use the entire sc12 clutch assembly. you should still be able to use the clutch, it will jsut be the original sc12 clutch as oppsoed to the falcon clutch.
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 October 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you can make this work, please take pictures. I always assumed that it eliminated the clutch mechanisim.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 October 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill see what can be done.. once i get some time ill rip the charger out and have a play. unless someone has a spare charger they want to give/lend me so i can build it up for the casue Razz
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 October 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With reduced diameter pulleys you will suffer from more belt slip. If you are running an oversized crank pulley you will probably already be familiar with belt slip but by reducing the amount of contact between the pulleys you will have even more problems with it.

The nevo kit really is a good thing, but there are a couple of things to consider when changing over to one.

Buy a new key. They are damn cheap ($5 or so for a pair). Given how tiny they are and how much load they need to take they really are worth changing over.

Buy a new crank snout bolt. Firstly your original one is at least 15 years old now, secondly toyota have redesigned the part with a larger one probably due to some failures. It has been upgraded from a 17 to a 19mm head from memory. They are also cheap. Maybe another $10.

Torque the crank pulley down properly. This is the most important part. If there is any slop it is going to be working against the keyway. The keyway is already pretty highly stressed.

The downside of the nevo kit is that it does not include a rubber ring in it (you will notice that the inner and outer parts of the stock pulley are joined by a rubber ring). This acts as a harmonic balancer and dampens out the moment of inertia from a firing event of the engine. Straight 4 engines are pretty harsh when it comes to vibrations anyway.

On the upside the nevo kits are made of duraluminium which is one of the highest grades of aluminium available. This really is good shit. Very lightweight and very strong. Also quite expensive...

I say stick with the nevo kit (either 165 or 175) but make sure that it is installed properly.

Regards,

Terry.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 October 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 10:29

ill see what can be done.. once i get some time ill rip the charger out and have a play. unless someone has a spare charger they want to give/lend me so i can build it up for the casue Razz

i do
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 October 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree 100% that the nevo is a good bit of kit. i think ive just been unlucky. ill look in to the falcon pulley as i think the 95mm pulley should be capable or handling the ammount of power without too much slip. i say this just becasue think of *good* chargers like a lysholm/whipple etc they generally usea pulley of around 80mm so i think the 95mm should hold the belt ok.. hell worst case ill crack and go buy a nevo Razz

im just crining at the cost of this fiasco
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 October 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any chance you want to let me see what i can do as far as getting it all to fit up...
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 October 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup n/w im sure youll have something that ill need one day. Wouldnt mind seeing how much boost it can handle Very Happy
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 October 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome stuff Smile ill have to work out when inm next in sy. i suspect it will be a little while as im kinda bogged down in uni stuff atm Sad
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 October 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah but "good" superchargers tend to use belts that are 2-5 inches wide and/or glimmer type belts (ribbed like a timing belt so that they can't slip).

The tighter you have to have the belt (to prevent slip) the more you load up the crank, water pump and supercharger bearings, giving more wear.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 October 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
absolutely and totally agree...you beat me to it i was going to post that about 3 hours ago but work is distracting me from the forum Mad Laughing
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 October 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but a comparably sized charger.. whiple 1200ax will work just fine witha 80mm (or less) 5pk type belt. infact they sell that pulley for it
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 October 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah nw its not going anywhere ive got it wrapped up in a plastic bag atm. The teflon rotors are in perfect condition except for 1 little blemish bit of a shame really
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 October 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you really want to have a go at butchering one of these chargers I can probably get you one with stuffed rotors to use as a proof of concept.

At the last drift day it was pulling about 6psi with a 175mm nevo kit but should be fine for testing pulley arrangements.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 October 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it shouldnt really be a butcher job ideally id like to manufacture something that is a "bolt on item" or as close to it. a stuffed charger would be good incase i wreck it but i couldnt see why there should be any damage to the charger.

hell if i can get it working eaisly i could probaly make up the adaptors and any gear nessecary for people.. easy upgrade.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 October 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also it dosne tnessecarily have to be a falcon pulley.. i could scratch aruond the wreckers and find a suitable pulley.. i might even find a toyota item Razz

any clutched pul;ley should do assuming it meets the desired sizes. so ill loko around for other air con pulleys..
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 October 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PJ,

I understand what you mean about the $$$$$$ 9K certainly is top $ for an NA, there are a few in Syd for 5-7 K the 5k was absolute crap...ready for the wreckers IMO and the 7k was pretty good but just did not compare to mine. Having looked at that mint one on Ebay mine in still in very good nick even tho mine been DRIVEN 150000ks, infact i think the interior in mine is just as good. Anyway like you say it should be "kept in loving hands" really its been pampered all its life and has never let me down. But as other have said, "after 16 years of ownership its time to move on"

Maybe i should never have got the Supercharged car Razz

Toof and 4agte i appreciate the positive comments.

Now as for the SC pulley discussion i have read many positive and negative comments about smaller SC pulleysso without actually knowing someone who has done it i suppose its up for experimentation.

On the surface i see no reason why a 95 or even an 80mm SCpulley using the stock or even larger crank pulley could not be used.
So a few pros and cons

Pro

water pump speed does not increase so less drive losses

Con

belt has a tigher wrap
what is the smallest size pulley possible so the clutch still works ?

Other

As toof has and as some other have allready experienced the crack shaft key is allready a over stressed item, remember the same key usually only drives the WP and Alt and maybe AC, the SC was an afterthought. So as soon as you incrrease the load on the SC the possibility of failure increases.

The thing to remember is that the SC needs power to make power, the more power you want at the wheels the more power to drive the SC

I am lucky that i have never had SC belt slip but this can be a limiting factor to the drive to the SC. The prob with non toothed belts is they require very high belt tension (with subsequent power losses and excessive stress on the bearings and belts) to achieve positive drive so it becomes a case of catch 22, there is no point trying to drive the SC at some higher/ speed/ load if the belts cant transmit the power required.

The other factor is the limit of speed and efficiency for the stock SC12

I think benjamin is running a smaller SC pulley than stock with a 175 Nevo to get his 15 PSI i have the 94 spec engine with the smaller 120mm SC pulley and have not had any probs at all
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 October 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if running a 135mm n/a crank pulley and a 95mm spins the charger at roughly (+1.5%) the speed of the stock 125mm pulley and a 175mm nevo without spinning the waterpump faster.

so spinning it at the same speed should result in the same hp requirements for the charger. so it will still be puttting similar stress on the keyway in that regard however there will be a lower ammount of interia not having the larger diameter pulley.. esp if you replace the stock item with an aluminium one.

im thinking that 95mm should be sufficent to hold enough of the belt not to slip signific antly remember the speedchaser pulley is 95mm and is in fairly common use in the US.

as far as it as it spinning the charger beyond the chargers capabilities this is only marginally faster then the nevo such that i dont think it will really suffer.

keep in mind it seems commonly suggeted that 12k rpm is the max for the sc12. this combo will spin it at 11380 when the engine is spinning at 8000rpm... something that my engine on factory managment wont do anyway and ecven if it sdid it wouldnt be for long.

so intheory this shuold offer more punch lower in the rev range but will be outside the efficently band for the charger when it really spinning. im happy for that as i can live with only spinning it to 7k. This should provide plently of grunt lower where it really gets used,

ben: with the unclutched charger setup you cooked in a month were you using the ABV ?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 October 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think i understand what you guys are talking about with there not being enough tension on the belt but are you guys still contemplating using the stock sized belt??? You can get smaller belts in the same rib configuration u know...

also if the crank pulley is going to be smaller doesnt that mean it will run the waterpump slower than stock????

the ea falcon pulley mod is supposed to make it run 14-15psi with the stock gze crank pulley so for me that would seem perfect.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 October 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with a stoch gze pulley it will be spinning it faster then a 175nevo. and it will aslo be spinning it faster then what i feel is the limitations of the charger..

the stock NA pulley is 135mm iirc. same size front and back. so witha 135 and 95 mm pulleys it is bascially same speed as nevo (a hint faster actually)

with the 135 crank pulley it will be spinning the water pump at the same speed as the na/
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 October 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but slower than s/c
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 October 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
correct,

im not sure if the water pump pulleys are differnt sizes ? i may need to source one from the na.

however i feel it shoul dbe ok simply as many engines are using the under drive pulleys for racing applications and seem to have no real grief.. iirc the nevo under drive pulley spins the water pump waht about 15% slower then stock ?
Pages (84): [ «  <  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:57:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.018860816955566 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.