Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 October 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't be too concerned about water pump speed.

Due to it's large radiator, good airflow and huge coolant capacity the AW11 doesn't tend to suffer from overheating problems anyway.

The water pump was designed to operate with the somewhat undersized AE86 radiator.

The AW11 holds something like 12.5L of coolant - about 50% more than my old 5L commodore.
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 October 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looking alot better now

i test fitted it tonight and got all the lengths pretty much spot on so all that is left to do is get some black electrical conduit to neatly wrap it all up in. BTW anyone know where to get some???

I only seem to have chopped off 1 plug that i need which is the engine bay temp sensor (i believe) for the fan relay so ill have to investigate that later. I might end up running it off the wolf with the i/c fans.

http://img425.imageshack.us/img425/2408/img15755sm.jpg
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 October 2005 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 21:12

looking alot better now

i test fitted it tonight and got all the lengths pretty much spot on so all that is left to do is get some black electrical conduit to neatly wrap it all up in. BTW anyone know where to get some???

I only seem to have chopped off 1 plug that i need which is the engine bay temp sensor (i believe) for the fan relay so ill have to investigate that later. I might end up running it off the wolf with the i/c fans.

http://img425.imageshack.us/img425/2408/img15755sm.jpg

hahaha edit pic or every guy with a foot fetish will be emailing you!lmao woo hoo sexy foot.
mick
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 October 2005 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers mick ill make sure to sensor it next time Laughing
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 October 2005 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 14:45

ben: with the unclutched charger setup you cooked in a month were you using the ABV ?

Yes, I was. It just started to make nasty, grinding dead bearing noises...
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 14 October 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm fair nuff...

im getting my hands on a falcon air con pulley this weekend from a mate and ill have to grab a charger off someone and ill look at rigging something up.

a mate of mine has a cnc lathe at work and is is going to cost up making a new pulley for me.

ill pull it apart and potentiall i could make something up to the existing clutch mechanisim with just a new pulley runner. if he can make it up once on the cnc he should be able to make copies... and depending on dollars would be a nice cheap upgrade...
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 14 October 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm - So, how much boost would it theoretically make with a Falcon pulley and a 175 NEVO?

Assuming you have a way of cooling the vanes that is.....
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 14 October 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i belive they are getting 15psi with the stock pulley so i think with a 175mm you will be melting the teflon off the charger very quickly a hks 10psi pulley would probably be the max you could run but even then i think it would make too much boost. I guess you could allways try using water/methanol injection before the s/c to cool things down

Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 14 October 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It would be ideal for a twincharger though.....

I've already got the injector boss welded into the inlet pipe as well, I've just got to get around to putting the bloody car back together again.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 14 October 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i guess sc12's arent horrificially $$$ so it wouldnt matter if you melted one in the name of science
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 15 October 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Fri, 14 October 2005 13:59

i guess sc12's arent horrificially $$$ so it wouldnt matter if you melted one in the name of science

Evil or Very Mad especially if its yours used in the destructive testing Mad Shocked Laughing Laughing
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 15 October 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but the bottom end of my engine isnt a throw away item... Razz

we'll strap it onto your engine scott Smile
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 17 October 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Firstly, I apologise for my absence from the thread, forum, everything really. I have a lot of reading to do when I get home to catch up on everyones events over the past couple of months.
I have barely had time to work on my little beasty (the aw11-3sgte conversion) of late, about 1 day per month for the past few months actually Sad

I have some exciting news though Smiley =

For the past few months I have been battling electrical issues. After initially wiring it up, I found that I had been trying to get a 93 loom to work with a 91 computer. Rewiring the 93 loom to be compatible with the 91 computer, I started to get really weird voltage problems. It took me a while to figure that I had actually fried my alarm and it was causing the weird problems.
After all that was sorted, it still wasn't firing Sad But working by myself, I was finding it near impossible to turn the key and see what was going on.
So on Saturday, I enlisted the help of a mate to start the troubleshooting.
I had previously checked the fuel pump, so the first thing we decided to check was spark. Tracing the dizzy wires from the computer to the distributer, we found it wasn't plugged in. Sh1t, how could I have been so stupid, guess when you've been troubleshooting hard problems, you forget about easy ones.

Anyways, plugged it in, turned the key and we got a splutter. Turn the key again, and a couple more splutters. Once more time and vrooom, weeeeeeeee, it's alive!!!! Smiley =

It's got a problem idling where it dies after about 10 secs (I'm sure it's just a vacuum lead or something), but it runs soooo smoothly. There was a little bit of black smoke when it first started (to be expected), but that's it. Not too bad for an engine that hasn't been started in 2 years.

I had to give it a little trip up and down the driveway, and sh!t, has it got nuts. Not being used to the new setup, and with the car being cold, I gave it a little throttle as to not stall, and it left two light black lines up the drive.... LSD works Smiley =

There's still a fair bit of work to do with cleaning things up, but I'll be seeing you all out on the road in the near future.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Cheers,
Dave
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 17 October 2005 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice work dave time to give us a ride Very Happy

as for the idling problem it could be the iscv valve try briding the terminals and checking the timing if its retarding a heap then it should be the iscv valve simply unplug it should run fine but you may well need to source another one or it may be a wiring issue.

also may be that the afm flap needs adjusting (they are a flap afm arent they??)

btw got any pics/video of you doing the lines? Very Happy
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 17 October 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I also apologise for my absensce... although, the car is getting a 3inch exhaust this week along with a pwr alloy radiator for the wta setup. Once all that is on ill take you all for a moustache ride. Life has been a bit crazy of late... hopefully it gets crazier.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 17 October 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For the past few months I had been taken the still & the video camera out to get footage of the initial start, but as murphys law states, the day I start it is the day I don't have any cameras.
A friend had a still camera, so there's a couple of pics of it and a couple of shorts avi's, but no sound Sad

Soon as I get some sound or vid though, I'll let you all know.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 17 October 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice one spank.

Which reminds me, anyone know of a decent exhaust place around the Taren Point area. It has to be a really short drive away, because without any mufflers, it's incredibly loud.

I have all my bits (mufflers, cat, flex - all 3" stainless) I just need someone to mount them (to my picky specifications) and connect them up.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 17 October 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got my new crank pulley today... 4age 135mm pulley.. im going to have a play with the falcon pulley to see what can be done. else ive spoken to a machine shop and they are happy to cnc me up a custom pulley to my specs copying off the original just with smaller diamater.

ill have to pull one apart and nut out the clutch mechanisim and see how i can mate it up to the new pulley. the pulley may need to have a larger outer face or soemthing to work with the pulley but we'll see,.

hopefully i can rig something up to use an off the shelf bearing in the centre and the original clutch mechanisim.

if i use an 85mm pulley this will spin it faster then a nevo 175 working on a maxamim charger speed of 12000, this will hitt he max speed at about 7500rpm. so budgeting keeping it below 7000 will keep the charger reasonably comfortable.

ill keep ppl up to date with how i go Smile
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 17 October 2005 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Guys I have printed another shirt for my collection. WHITE PRINT ON BLACK SHIRT. ITS NOT PINK!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.imageshackuk.com/files/1017/MVC-004S.JPG

This ones for the ladies
http://www.imageshackuk.com/files/1017/MVC-007S.JPG
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 17 October 2005 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wooaa nice screaming chicken shirt dude ! Wink

I would imagine there would be thousands of hot young chicky's screaming and throwing their underware at the computer monitor now after seeing your pic. Shocked You are such a tease! Laughing
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 17 October 2005 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no given its PINK... i think there will be more blokes throwing underware at him Laughing Laughing Laughing
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 17 October 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Old,

That is a classic pic Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Davedave,

Glad to see you are back...and the car is alive! Very Happy , i went past the shop the other day and could not see your car in there, however i did see a Leyland P 76 "Force 7" in the way...Mr Greens i assume ?
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 17 October 2005 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott, I'll most likely be putting in a big weekend on it next weekend (gf's b'day this weekend). So if you're around, drop by.

Also, can you pm me your number. I lost my phone a few weeks back Sad

How's Guy doing by the way?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 18 October 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well ive got a big summer fo working on the two coming up. once exams are finished erin has a job lined up... in COBAR. 700km away. so i think ill get the two sorted out whilst she's away Smile
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 18 October 2005 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seems like we are all putting in alot of work on our 2's this summer Laughing

i got all my alternator and a/c out and ive found my leak looks like its the dizzy Crying or Very Sad so it has to come out i guess......
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 18 October 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah id love to get mine all sorted before new years.

700km to cobar.. reckon i can do it in 6 hours Razz only have to Average 115km to do it. problem is fuel.. ill get good fuel in singleton, then dubbo. then i have a 600km round trip back to dubbo before ill get good fuel again Sad

might have to jerry can it.

or train.. $68 on the train .. first class Smile
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 18 October 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the train sounds cheaper first class cant be too bad maybee you can put the car on the train Laughing

As for the fuel you could allways take a couple of bottles of that martini octane booster and use bush premium should be fine or you could just back the timing off a few deg
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 18 October 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well with a bit of luck I'm going to be driving mine this summer rather than working on it. It's at the tuner at the moment but it's managed to melt a shifter cable so I need to try and track down a GZE cable or maybe get a new one made.

Turns out the engine that my TO4S kit came off most likely had a fairly hard life. The turbo is in awesome condition but the spring in the wastegate was a 20 pound spring and the wastegate was setup to be connected to a EBC so the engine it was on was running on a minimum of 20 pounds of boost. I'm getting a 15 pound spring to use for minimum boost level and we'll adjust it from there with an EBC.

Things are looking pretty good for the old SW11 at the moment.

If anyone happens to have a set of AW11 GZE shifter cables I'd love to hear from you.

[Updated on: Tue, 18 October 2005 06:04]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 18 October 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which shifter is it from??

I have a spare gze one from my half cut but i only have 1 i cant remember which one it is ive got a feeling its the one on the left of the shifter.

The n/a shifter cables are allmost identical and should work fine i know a few people that have used them
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 19 October 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The NA cables are longer than the supercharged cables. This is where the problem comes from the cable does a harder turn to get to the gearbox on the 3S and therefore sticks out into the engine bay further. This brings it too close to the dump pipe which "apparently" is a bit too warm for it.

I'll look at getting one of the SW20 cables I have lying around modified and check how much it will cost for a new one to be made. If neither of these pan out I'll get in touch with you about the spare cable you have.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 19 October 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fair enuf its only sitting here if you need it..
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 20 October 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
took the feral on what may be the last cruise for a while last night, a quick little trip to brissie.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 22 October 2005 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you check your boost gauge spanktown?lol i have a liquid filled boost gauge that i use to throw people off on the dyno and or when i have the video camera in the car around the track.had it changed to read 20psi when it is actually making 30psi boost.so how did the rest of your drive go spank?i hope its last drive till new exhaust goes on.lmao
mick
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 23 October 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fixed up the boost guage, and yes its hitting 16psi instead of 10. Im guessing it hit 24psi instead of 18, but only once. Its getting alot of blowby, so i dont think this motor is going to last very long.
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 23 October 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check this out! Shocked only $470!! *Drool* if only the seller would post internationally!
http://www.worldlingo.com/wl/services/SH0gfCf2o9dO 0,cC1Q5GwgMfbHDUjejbk/translation?wl_srclang=JA&am p;wl_trglang=en&wl_rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch1.a uctions.yahoo.co.jp%2Fjp%2Fsearch%2Fauc&wl_url =http%3A%2F%2Fpage10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp%2Fjp%2Fa uction%2Fm21918996
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 23 October 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Sun, 23 October 2005 13:47

fixed up the boost guage, and yes its hitting 16psi instead of 10. Im guessing it hit 24psi instead of 18, but only once. Its getting alot of blowby, so i dont think this motor is going to last very long.

good chance to rebuild it with some nice bits
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 23 October 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
starting to make some headway now Very Happy

http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/4809/img16017jw.jpg

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/6774/img16025wz.jpg

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/6923/img16048io.jpg
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 23 October 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well it would have been good at 24psi till about 4500rpm.2.5inch is to small!
have to reset the boost controller.
would have been wheel spin city with 24psi.
mick
p.s well you better start looking for another bigport long motor.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 24 October 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toof,

At long last i found some time to put on the SCREAMING CHOOK !!

Check it out....it looks sweeeeet....Thanks

http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/4718/closeupofchook6bn.th.jpghttp://img481.imageshack.us/img481/7808/screamingchook1ai.th.jpg
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 24 October 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh very nice...

now people...

BUY THEM OFF ME... i still have heaps left. $15 posted..
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 24 October 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so tell us spank is it fast on 24psi even when choked with 2.5inch system,remmebering its going to jump alot in power with a 3inch system.let the aw11 guys have your knowledge Laughing
i think it would be a ferrari eating sleeper?
mick
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 24 October 2005 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey hey what an awsome weekend away, cruised up to sydney, saw a few aw11's getting around, there was one across the road from where I was staying on sat and sun, a white/champange 2 tone SC hardtop in Gladstone st Newtown, does anybody know of this one? (ARK-xxx white and black plate) also saw a red NA in Newtown and a grey NA in Kingscross

My sticker got half ripped off the back of my car a little while ago in civic, someone obviosly disliked it Mad
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 24 October 2005 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Sun, 23 October 2005 18:59

starting to make some headway now Very Happy

http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/4809/img16017jw.jpg

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/6774/img16025wz.jpg

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/6923/img16048io.jpg

Nice manifold Wink Good to see its coming along martin. Smile
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 24 October 2005 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll take a sticker toof, just pm your bank details and I'll transfer the cash. If you've got heaps, make it two, would hate to see you out of pocket for something you did for the community. My girlfriends festiva could always use a screaming eagle anyways Smiley =

Nice work on the manifold martin, it really looks the goods. I'll hopefully be getting mine ceramic coated in about a weeks time, I'll let you know how it goes if you're keen.

edit: ignore that coating comment, I forgot you had fats old one and it's already coated.

btw fat, have you dug up that shift boot yet, I'm about to put my interior back together and could really do with it now.

[Updated on: Mon, 24 October 2005 22:19]

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 24 October 2005 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
must have polished the coating off Very Happy
mick
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 25 October 2005 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll take 2 of them stickers aswell toof, pm me ur account i'll DD anytime
im selling my aw11 so it'll increase value with them sticker Very Happy
nah just kidding, i'll save them sticker for when i buy another aw11 later on
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 25 October 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Fat and DaveDave

as for the ceramic coating im keen to hear about it as during the fire some of the coating must have burnt melted off where the thermal wrap wasnt covering it. The thermal wrap was soaked in oil so i junked it and parts of the coating on the dump pipe have bubbled off so ill need to get them both sand blasted and coated.

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 25 October 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fat i know that you had a oil cooler installed on your 4agte but did you have a remote oil filter aswell as it seems that the exhaust side will foul on the oil filter. Also what way did the compressor outlet for your turbo point? my gt2535's compressor outlet points directly at the firewall so i was planning on getting the compressor housing moved so that it will point up.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 25 October 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
turn the housing yourself!i found the best way with gt2535.look at spanks.

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/1391/pat42va.th.jpg

spanktowns getting his exhaust done on saturday,if you ask him you might be able to go and see it while its up on the hoist.make life easy for you,
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 25 October 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Tue, 25 October 2005 15:14

fat i know that you had a oil cooler installed on your 4agte but did you have a remote oil filter aswell as it seems that the exhaust side will foul on the oil filter. Also what way did the compressor outlet for your turbo point? my gt2535's compressor outlet points directly at the firewall so i was planning on getting the compressor housing moved so that it will point up.

I had a relocation kit on mine for that reason. my filter sat where the battery used to be. As for the manifold, just take it to the place where you want to get it coated and they will clean it and coat it again.
My compressor pointed towards the gearbox side and the exhaust pointed to the a/c side.
To make your compressor housing point the way you want it to just undo the bolts on the compressor housing and spin it so it points up. easy Smile

Dave: i did actually find that gear boot lying around i was just about to throw it out as well.haha
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 25 October 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And I thought I was the only one to have the turbs compressor facing down Sad

http://mr2.scattered.com.au/image.php/size/150/image/IMGP1859.JPG http://mr2.scattered.com.au/image.php/size/150/image/IMGP1861.JPG http://mr2.scattered.com.au/image.php/size/150/image/IMGP1864.JPG http://mr2.scattered.com.au/image.php/size/150/image/IMGP1867.JPG

[Updated on: Tue, 25 October 2005 14:00]

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 25 October 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fat: pm your bank details and I'll transfer the cash for it.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 25 October 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok cool cheers guys i was just worried that it might upset the balancing or the seals for some reason.

fat: u still ised the a/c huh. Did you run the alternator on the exhaust or inlet side. I was contemplating leaving it on the exhaust side as my wiring is all the right lengths etc etc

[Updated on: Tue, 25 October 2005 13:37]

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 26 October 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Tue, 25 October 2005 23:35

ok cool cheers guys i was just worried that it might upset the balancing or the seals for some reason.

fat: u still ised the a/c huh. Did you run the alternator on the exhaust or inlet side. I was contemplating leaving it on the exhaust side as my wiring is all the right lengths etc etc

Wont upset anything Smile

I still had the a/c in the car. i didnt want to have to give up luxury for performance Cool
My alternator was on the inlet side like on the standard 4age. I had my whole car rewired so it really didnt bother me about cable lengths.

Dave: Just pm me with a time you want to come get it
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 26 October 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah im considering getting it rewired from scratch ill have to find that a/c bracket for the n/a
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 26 October 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gun metal asked me about this today casue toyota were tying to extort unreasnoable sums of money from him.

contrary to what toyota were trying to convice him of NA and SC front and rear brake rotors are THE SAME. as indicated by their part numbers.

the only difference in brakes for any model is the 86.08-> brake upgrade which saw larger rotors. but for all models after this they are the same.

86.08-89.12

aw11-wjmqr (SC)
rear 42431-17020
front 43512-17010

aw11-wcmqf (NA)
rear 42431-17020
front 43512-17010

84.06-86.08
rear 42431-17010
front 43512-20080
(both na and charger)
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 26 October 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indeed they are exactly the same as is the reason why i didnt use the s/c half cut front brakes.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 26 October 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toof,

Thanks for posting that info....bloody Toyota, you would think they know what they are talking about Confused

Anyway i have had the front rotors machined, they are actually just below what DBA state as the minimum thickness 21mm.

My repair manual says new is 18mm and 17mm min thickness...i assume this for the earlier models from 84 ??????

I measured my front rotors on the NA and they are 23mm Very Happy

got to go now but i will tell you what i have come up with hopefully tommorow

Also got the upper sway ber mounts tightened up...after pulling out the struts Mad anyway its stacks better now Very Happy

old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 26 October 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey toof whats going on with the car? is she back on the road yet??
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 26 October 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
nope still in the shed.. she'd going to have to wait until after exams Sad i simply dont ahve the time to sort it out until then
Pages (84): [ «  <  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:11:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0172119140625 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.