Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 26 October 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sad Sad Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
  Send a private message to this user    
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 26 October 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kingmick wrote on Tue, 25 October 2005 19:05

turn the housing yourself!i found the best way with gt2535.look at spanks.

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/1391/pat42va.th.jpg

spanktowns getting his exhaust done on saturday,if you ask him you might be able to go and see it while its up on the hoist.make life easy for you,

very nice way of routing the pipes/turbo positioning, if i go turbo i want to keep yee ol air con compressor, so getting the turbo as far over from it is paramount Smile
deviant
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 27 October 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there!sorry to break the convo but i was just wondering what alternative engines people have fitted into an AW11 (ive heard of people using the engines from the SW20 range). I was thinking it would be pretty sweet to stick a honda 1600cc vtec in there or even (if it would fit) a 2 litre type R engine. The 2 litre would be awesome as there is a off the shelf bolt on supercharger and LSD kit in the UK that gives it around 350BHP!!! Very Happy
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 27 October 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well save yourself the trouble and buy a honda!lmao
mick
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 27 October 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deviant wrote on Thu, 27 October 2005 16:49

Hey there!sorry to break the convo but i was just wondering what alternative engines people have fitted into an AW11 (ive heard of people using the engines from the SW20 range). I was thinking it would be pretty sweet to stick a honda 1600cc vtec in there or even (if it would fit) a 2 litre type R engine. The 2 litre would be awesome as there is a off the shelf bolt on supercharger and LSD kit in the UK that gives it around 350BHP!!! Very Happy

You can fit anything you want to one (except a hondah engine), all it takes is some knowhow or a sh!te load of money.

Here's a couple of examples
http://www.v8mr2.com/
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/V6MR2.html

For the others: Got some vid of my little beasty running last night, so I'll post it once I get the filesize down. Straight from the DV camera it was 600MB for 3mins Laughing

PS: in other news, it's booked in tomorrow to get the exhaust fitted, hopefully the guy can get it done in one day so I can continue working on it over the weekend. Couldn't find anyone who could mandrel bend in the area, so bits have to be ordered Confused

[Updated on: Thu, 27 October 2005 07:05]

deviant
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 27 October 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but honda's are front wheel drive which is poop!! You should just be able to get a honda half cut and stick the engine in the back, plenty of mid engined kit cars use a front wheel drive donor!
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 27 October 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could put a honda motor and box in the front boot and leave the 4ag in the rear!lmao
mick
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 27 October 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and the mr2 isnt a FWD setup!lol
mick
naughty nurse
Regular

October 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 27 October 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Honda motors spin the wrong way Razz
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 27 October 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one of my fav questions is" which is the right way for a motor to turn"gets people every time.
hahahahahaahah
mick
naughty nurse
Regular

October 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 27 October 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are a few technical reasons as to why an engine should turn one application or another but no there really is no 'right' way.

What I should have said is that honda engines spin the wrong way for a toyota drivetrain.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 27 October 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with a handle like naughty nurse i pray you are female or you have ruined every fantasy i have!just kidding.
to much thread hijacking.
mick
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 27 October 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deviant wrote on Thu, 27 October 2005 16:49

thinking it would be pretty sweet to stick a honda 1600cc vtec in there or even (if it would fit) a 2 litre type R engine. The 2 litre would be awesome as there is a off the shelf bolt on supercharger and LSD kit in the UK that gives it around 350BHP!!! Very Happy

for the amount of money you would spend to do that, all the custom work to fit it, custom drivetrain, plus the cost of the kit, you could probably for less drop a 3sgte in and have that push over 350BHP Very Happy
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 27 October 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why would you bother for all the honda toys there is an equiv toyota engine that is eaiser to put in Razz

in both 1600 and 2000 size. and the toyota options are factory forced induction as well.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 27 October 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the thought of people putting honda engines into a toyota when there are so many great toyota engines out there makes me sick
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 27 October 2005 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why not?

It's a chunk of steel and alloy. Does it really matter who built it?

I keep looking at a 13B myself....
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 27 October 2005 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if for nothing else that there are a list of perfectly good toyota engines that fit in, and do so mcuh eaiser then other manufacturers... and with the exception of the rotaries a piston engine is a piston engine.the honda 1600 enignes are a bucket of fun.. but so are 4age enignes.

for the time/effort/money youd go putting a b16a in there you could put the effort into the 4a and itdbe a better setup.

same story if you wanted to put a 4a into a civic Smile
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 28 October 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
final straw. ive given up on sports cars and ive bought something that is simple and will go forever.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/Image190.jpg
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 28 October 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does that model Corona have the holden starfire engine ?????

they are poooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!

I had a 75 RT104 Corona....get the 18RG in there Very Happy Cool

red is faster...what was the damage ??

Prepare yourself for major understeer and tyre roll Laughing

With some 14 x 7 and 225 60 they grip pretty well and put on a masssssiv rear bar and chop the springs thet get some new dampers then..........hahahahahahaahahahahaha.....nah just get a bowls hat and be done with it Very Happy
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 28 October 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup the holden engine. or as toyota would call it the 1X

its slow as a wet week. and im going to go and buy a bowls hat today.

edit: oh and $900 with rego till august. its in very very good nic. runs well and immaculate inside. pretty gpood outside. a few little bits of rust but nothing nasty

[Updated on: Fri, 28 October 2005 00:57]

deviant
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 28 October 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you wouldnt need custom transmission to fit a honda engine into an MR2, you would carry the engine and transmision over complete and would sit in the same orientation as it des in the car as it would whatever FWD donor you used.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 28 October 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but custom mounts would be required. and possibly custom mouting points onto the chasis. custom drive shafts. possible issues with clearance.. etc etc.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 28 October 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's an old car, if it was worthwhile doing, it almost certainly would have been done. Someone has even put jet turbines on one!

I would really like to see a rotary powered one in the flesh though, if I were to do another silly conversion, I think that'd be it.
zork
Regular

September 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 28 October 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
80 pages. phew! lot to look through! so could someone PM me with options for circuit setup for suspension. Also, what costs are involved to convert an N/A to supercharged? Do u buy a half cut, or the components. Im guessing a hlf cut would be difficult to find.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 28 October 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for ease of searching ive created a pdf of the entire thread. pm me if you are interested and you can d/l a copy.. this goes for anyone else too Smile
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 28 October 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey toof i saw your new car the other day. I think it was on Stewart ave in Hamilton? Or was it somewhere else.

I was thinking bout buying it for my gf!!
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 28 October 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ironically yeah it was on stuart ave.... your kidding me did you go look at it on thursday ?!??! the guy said there was another couple that looked at it just before i did.

its now parked out front.

and dont worry im not giving up on the mr'2 and nor is erin Smile it is so erin has something to take to cobar that isnt quite as fragile or rare as the mr2. additionally it means we will have a cheap run around.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 28 October 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In response to the Honda engine in an AW11, I have seen some pics on the carpron site of an AW11 with a H22a in it. I don't know about using the Honda gearbox though. you need to be able to change the gears somehow and I thought they were rod shift. With the Toyota boxes it is fairly easy to move the shift mechanism from the back of the box to the front, I feel it would be a little different with the Honda.

If you really wanted to put an engine from someone other than Toyota in an AW11 I'd be looking at a 4G63 or an NSX 3.2 V6.

Honestly though the 3S swap isn't that hard and believe me it makes an AW11 fairly move along.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 29 October 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, we should all move our convos across to the new forums, the 162 boys there have half a page bragging about how they are wooping our arses Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 29 October 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These fags must die, this must not continue for much longer

Taken from toymods.net.au

Quote:

The AW11 thread is back in its rightful place. I guess the AW11 popularity was just a fad afterall.

ST162 dedicated thread, the original and the best.

Quote:

yeah screw the aw11 thread, lol,
but i bet when the old toymods is locked and archived for viewing, that they will try and take the title on the new toymods, lets try and not get beaten second time around hey!

GET YOUR ASSESS OVER THERE AND POST SOMETHING. DO IT NNOOWWW!
deviant
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 31 October 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok so me asking bout putting Honda engines in an AW11 was just purely out of interest...now im gonna actually ask a real question!!Very Happy

I think ive got the list of bits im planning on decided which concentrates on handling and braking more than huge power thing is though I have read around that there arent many bolt on goodies available off the shelf for the AW11 is this true?
Can anyone give me an idea of what is out there and some rough price ranges?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 31 October 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you use your head there are pleanty of stuff you can adapt to fit the aw11 if you went back through this thread you would surley have noticed.

Braking

Stock 87-89 n/a and gze brakes are very good for anything up to about 140kw atw and there is a decent selection of aftermarket pads for them. If you want more you can bolt on gt4 group a twin piston calipers to the existing hubs and discs.

If you want a bigger disc and caliper you can adapt the st185 non group a gt4 single piston calipers and discs which are much bigger but require 15" or larger rims with appropriate offset.

As for handling stock they are quite good a good wheel alaignment will do wonders as you can adjust camber/caster and toe from the factory.

There are many urethane bush kits for the aw11 the best one that comes to mind is the high and tight kit available through twosrus.com infact there is alot of off the shelf parts available from them.

Quite a few people make springs and shocks for the aw11 and many susspension companies will make up custom coilovers at cometetive prices.
deviant
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 31 October 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats just wwhat i wanted to hear, thank you very much!!! Onwards with the saving my pennies!!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 31 October 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this might interest some of those who are into the supersprints etc

http://www.ioportracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv? Screen=PROD&Product_Code=60500&Category_Co de=AP6500
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 31 October 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 18:49

In response to the Honda engine in an AW11, I have seen some pics on the carpron site of an AW11 with a H22a in it. I don't know about using the Honda gearbox though. you need to be able to change the gears somehow and I thought they were rod shift. With the Toyota boxes it is fairly easy to move the shift mechanism from the back of the box to the front, I feel it would be a little different with the Honda.

If you really wanted to put an engine from someone other than Toyota in an AW11 I'd be looking at a 4G63 or an NSX 3.2 V6.

Honestly though the 3S swap isn't that hard and believe me it makes an AW11 fairly move along.

Josh, how is the tuning coming along ?

As ben said a 13B would be good but how about a 20BT !!!!!

ahhhhhhhhjust dreaming....bit sacreligious tho.

OK got some pics of the crown have a look at the classifieds section if you want more but heres a couple just to get you interested.

only prob is getting it out of the garage...anyone want to lend me a hand one night this week see if we can get some life in the old girl !!!!! i will supply all tools, food and drink, cmon all you bush mechanics !!!!!! the car is in Brighton anyone live near by able to help ??
http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/2707/rearjpgofcrown2fo.th.jpghttp://img459.imageshack.us/img459/6281/grillejpgofcrown3fl.th.jpg

What do you think josh, could i turn it into a 2 door ??????

i have to have it out by the end of next week or it goes to the scrap heap in the sky Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

BTW what happened with your pensioner car 4agte ??????
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 31 October 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it wasnt exam time id help you get her going for sure.

that roll bar... it wiould be good for LHD... youd neeed to get them to whip one up on RHD format.. although im sure they could do it without too much stress..
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 31 October 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahah yeah true didnt think about that woops but yeah im sure woulnt take too much

as for the granny car still discussing it with my old man i was originally not going to go thru with it as i am going overseas but having to ask my sister if i can drive her car all the time is giving me and more to the point her the shits so its on the cards again
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 31 October 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got a nice corona ill sell you.. xt130 $2000 lots of rego.. has a tractor motor in it. drives like a four doord tractor.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 31 October 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and do you still have that spare supercharger so i can make up a jig for the new pulley setup..
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 31 October 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Mon, 31 October 2005 20:07

ive got a nice corona ill sell you.. xt130 $2000 lots of rego.. has a tractor motor in it. drives like a four doord tractor.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

thanks for the offer and good luck with all your exams
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 31 October 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok im pissed off now... the smoke alarm was beeping like it had low battery... so i went out and got a new battery just then... and its still beeping !!!

AR|RGH
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 31 October 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Mon, 31 October 2005 20:08

oh and do you still have that spare supercharger so i can make up a jig for the new pulley setup..

indeed still here in my garage taking up space
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 31 October 2005 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof, just take out the battries Laughing Laughing

josh, how about these wheels ?

http://www.raceandroad.com/SelectedOneProduct.asp? ProID=1019&CatID=4

or these ?

http://www.raceandroad.com/SelectedOneProduct.asp? ProID=1021&CatID=4

[Updated on: Mon, 31 October 2005 12:15]

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 31 October 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As you know Scott, I'm only a stones throw away, but I'm on a deadline of next Wednesday to get my own little beasty running. I'd probably be able to lend a brief hand on either friday night or over the weekend sometime.

When was the last time it was running?

ie, is it just going to need its spark plugs cleaned, a battery and a squirt of 'start ya b@stard' down the throat of the carby, or is it a possibility that the engine's knackered?
MY Racing 221
Regular

August 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 01 November 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 01:01

or these ?

2nd one looks great. 15x7, 28mm offset... perfect replacement for the current wheels!
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 01 November 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MY Racing 221 wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 12:21

or these ?

2nd one looks great. 15x7, 28mm offset... perfect replacement for the current wheels!

Yep i thought the same Very Happy

But i also thought the 16x7.5 and 17x8 would be even better Evil or Very Mad

Where did you get the offsets from i could not see them ??????

what were the offsets on the larger wheels ??? also did you note if they did them in 4 x 100 ????

also looking at a post on the Kiwi cars man they are cheap dare i ask what you got the EVO for and what will the damage be to get it on the road over here ??

Davedave, thanks for the offer i will do some preliminary work on Wednesday arvo and try to get it started Friday night....hopefully
MY Racing 221
Regular

August 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 01 November 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 14:50

or these ?

what were the offsets on the larger wheels ??? also did you note if they did them in 4 x 100 ????

also looking at a post on the Kiwi cars man they are cheap dare i ask what you got the EVO for and what will the damage be to get it on the road over here ??

Didn't actually see the offsets there anywhere... just picked our favourite! Don't think they would make them in a 4 stud pattern anyway, let alone 4 x 100.

Kiwi cars are quite cheap, particularly 2nd hand market. I picked up the EVO for less than $30k AU. Costs to get back are approximately:

Import approval - couple hundred.
Shipping - $3000 containerised.
Customs duty - 10% of the value of the car (purchase price)
GST - 10% of value PLUS customs duty
Couple of little compliance issues - few hundred
Any quarantine costs - have been told up to $1000.

THEN rego, insurance etc... expecting to need a tracking alarm for insurance. It goes on.

As you can see (you do the maths;)) it's not a cheap exercise. BUT, I will have a car that's pretty unique back home, that I know is a good car and will respond very well to some carefully chosen modifications! And still be ahead of what the same car would cost me in OZ.

Having said that, I was very tempted to sell the VII over here and buy a IX when I get back... but decided to wait until the X comes out...

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 01 November 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 12:50

or these ?

Davedave, thanks for the offer i will do some preliminary work on Wednesday arvo and try to get it started Friday night....hopefully

The second ones look a lot like my simmons, only fatter Smiley =
http://mr2.scattered.com.au/image.php/size/150/image/IMGP0688.JPG

[Updated on: Tue, 01 November 2005 03:25]

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 01 November 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Mon, 31 October 2005 19:50

Josh, how is the tuning coming along ?

The tuning went alright mate.

http://users.tpg.com.au/joshaw11/sw11/dyno%20boost.JPG

You can't let the MS55 go to the scrap yard. I'm sure you could find someone to come and give you a couple hundredd dollars to let them tow it away rather than sending it to the wreckers.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 November 2005 04:23]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 01 November 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im getting my exhaust manifold and dump pipe ceramic coated/sand blasted but im having trouble finding a place to do it. Ive tried contacting competition coatings but their phone goes to an answering machine (very unprofessional imho) and ive done a few searches and still im having trouble finding places.

anyone know of any???

Also if people have had theirs coated how much did you pay???
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 01 November 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats a very nice power curve
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 01 November 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 15:29

thats a very nice power curve

It's not bad for 10psi boost.

We'll see what it does with 20 odd Evil or Very Mad
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 01 November 2005 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The back of the envelope maths for a perfect world situation says

((14+20) / (14+10)) * 203 = 287

So I'm reckoning about 270

bloody hell

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 02 November 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think this may be a tad too extreme for a street setup that i have planned.

I think there is way too much body removed.

Does anyone know what type of engineering rules would be with cutting holes in the floorpan??

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMzA1MzgwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 02 November 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/5527/awmitsengine8fx.th.jpg
http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/9276/awvtechondaengine8ud.th.jpg
mighty_boy
Regular

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 02 November 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Even if u follow the steps of Ben scigelic (i know i spelt it wrong) he managed to get a massive amount of power out of his 4agte, dont write that 4ag off just yet Very Happy
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 02 November 2005 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Wed, 02 November 2005 20:55

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/5527/awmitsengine8fx.th.jpg
http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/9276/awvtechondaengine8ud.th.jpg

I was wondering why they were mounted in there backwards, haha, honderrr engines Smiley =
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 02 November 2005 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mighty_boy wrote on Wed, 02 November 2005 22:58

Even if u follow the steps of Ben scigelic (i know i spelt it wrong) he managed to get a massive amount of power out of his 4agte, dont write that 4ag off just yet Very Happy

I didn't take that as Josh writing off the 4AG, I didn't even take that as Josh claiming the 3S is better than the 4AG. I thought he was just commenting on the performance of the 3S...

And hopefully I'll be able to comment on it properly on the weekend. My parts are now coated and ready to be bolted back on and I think I have solved the problems I was having. Booked in for emissions and engineering on Wednesday, so let the rush to the finish begin Smiley =
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 02 November 2005 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 02 November 2005 17:30

i think this may be a tad too extreme for a street setup that i have planned.

I think there is way too much body removed.

Does anyone know what type of engineering rules would be with cutting holes in the floorpan??

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMzA1MzgwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Well that certainly is a novel idea !!!!.

Obviously you are only interested in the intercooler location NOT the air intake or exhaust location....not to mention the turbo location !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speak to the engineer but i dont reckon it would be a problem just so long as it was suitably reinforced.

but for my money the location is crap anyway. Unless there is going to be a huge amount of ducting on and offf the IC to get decent airflow over the IC its not going to reject much heat.

I reckon it would have been better on the back of the roof with like a WRX scoop on the top, better airflow and shorter IC pipes

It is a pretty extreem install....track only application...love the exhaust exit point....be nice and loud especially it it was left hand drive.....got any other pics ?????
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 02 November 2005 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Reminds me of Brad from NZ's 3SGTE install.
http://www.geocities.com/bbbrad9/indexmr2.html
Sorry, I can't find any better pics of the IC though.
Pages (84): [ «  <  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:13:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.016024112701416 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.